Laker Depth Chart?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
The elephant in the room is Young. They basically signed his replacement in Williams yet still have him lingering on the roster without a purpose. Hopefully some other team's bunch chucker gets injured in training camp thus creating a market for him. Otherwise we're stuck or have to eat his salary.

Frazier needs to make the team.

Swaggy and lack of depth at SF is also a problem.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
The elephant in the room is Young. They basically signed his replacement in Williams yet still have him lingering on the roster without a purpose. Hopefully some other team's bunch chucker gets injured in training camp thus creating a market for him. Otherwise we're stuck or have to eat his salary.

Metta's going to make the team.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
pio2u wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

At this point I hope so. There are no more decent vets available.

DEPTH CHART:
http://lakeshowlife.com/2015/09/12/los-angeles-lakers-depth-chart-who-makes-the-cut/
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
pio2u wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Expect its most likely going to be an non guarantee contract so Metta has to show the Lakers he can still play during training camp because if he doesn't he won't make it and he's too old to start.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
pio2u wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Expect its most likely going to be an non guarantee contract so Metta has to show the Lakers he can still play during training camp because if he doesn't he won't make it and he's too old to start.

I think that threshold he has to pass is very low.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

He has to give them a reason to make the team.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
pio2u wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Because he is still unless as a starter though.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject:

D’Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, Kobe Bryant, Julius Randle, Roy Hibbert, Brandon Bass, Lou Williams are obvious choices.
The remaining spots are up for grabs & it will be a very competitive camp as some of the guys will be fighting for their NBA lives.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
pio2u wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

That would be a good match with his talent then.
laker_guerilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

With the Upshaw signing (non-guaranteed) here's where we are (understanding there is some fluidity between positions):

PG: Russell, Huertas*
SG: Clarkson, Williams, J. Brown*, Frazier*
SF: Bryant, Young, A. Brown, Holmes*
PF: Randle, Bass, Kelly, Nance
C: Hibbert, Black*, Sacre, Upshaw*

*Non-guaranteed

^So that's 18, and MWP sitting out there is 19 (no assurance he will join camp).

Given LAL can send 3 players to D-Fenders (and have given partial cash guarantees to Frazier, Holmes, Upshaw), I would say these are the 18 total assets absent any trades or other moves.

I think in reality 14 guys (I'm including T. Black and Huertas) are truly locks to make the opening roster and you'll see whomever among J. Brown, Holmes, Frazier, Upshaw be the 15th.
Rawr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
D’Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, Kobe Bryant, Julius Randle, Roy Hibbert, Brandon Bass, Lou Williams are obvious choices.
The remaining spots are up for grabs & it will be a very competitive camp as some of the guys will be fighting for their NBA lives.

Nance and Anthony Brown are here to stay too, they both have multiple guaranteed years in their deals.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject:

The clear locks for the team are Kobe, Russell, Hibbert, Clarkson, Randle, Bass, Lou, Nick, Anthony B., and Nance. Black may be on a non-guaranteed deal, but he already established himself as a backup big last season and during summer league. That gives us 11 players that will be guaranteed for opening night. Of the remaining on the bubble guys are Sacre, Kelly, Upshaw, Holmes, Frazier, Jabari B., Huertas, and possibly Artest. Sacre and Kelly will probably be given the benefit of the doubt as well as possibly Jabari Brown, which would leave one spot for Upshaw, Frazier, Holmes, Jabari B., Huertas, and Artest (?) to fight for. I don't think that the Lakers would sign all these guys to end up just giving one roster spot for them to fight for though.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
The clear locks for the team are Kobe, Russell, Hibbert, Clarkson, Randle, Bass, Lou, Nick, Anthony B., and Nance. Black may be on a non-guaranteed deal, but he already established himself as a backup big last season and during summer league. That gives us 11 players that will be guaranteed for opening night. Of the remaining on the bubble guys are Sacre, Kelly, Upshaw, Holmes, Frazier, Jabari B., Huertas, and possibly Artest. Sacre and Kelly will probably be given the benefit of the doubt as well as possibly Jabari Brown, which would leave one spot for Upshaw, Frazier, Holmes, Jabari B., Huertas, and Artest (?) to fight for. I don't think that the Lakers would sign all these guys to end up just giving one roster spot for them to fight for though.

Heurtas is pretty close to a lock.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Can they agree to eat half of Young's salary to trade him? I'm guessing that's the hold up for another team.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Can they agree to eat half of Young's salary to trade him? I'm guessing that's the hold up for another team.

They can offer up to 3.3 mil, but that wouldn't cover his next two years beyond this one. That is the bigger issue.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject:

The FO has done really nice work with the bottom of the roster. They've overloaded it with youth, all of whom will be competing with each other for roster spots and minutes. Kelly & Sacre are the only two who are pretty well known entities at this point, who I do sense are getting pushed aside. We're throwing a lot of (bleep) against the wall to see what sticks, which is exactly what we should be doing.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

If training camp works out as expected I think there will only be a couple of real battles. And for deep bench positions too.

Frazier/J. Brown and Kelly/ Holmes (maybe include MWP) and Upshaw/Sacre. Basically adding one from each competition to fill out the roster.

Roster looks set for the most part IMO.

Russell/Huertas/
Clarckson/Williams/
Kobe/Young/ A. Brown
Randle/Bass/Nance
Hibbert/Black/

My preference would be Frazier if he can play some defense and hit his threes consistently. Upshaw if he can earn it. (so far so good!) And lastly Holmes over Kelly.

MWP can be added as a player development coach and possibly come out of retirement mid-season if the opportunity arises due to injury or young players not getting the job done.

If lucky maybe get some 2nd round picks for Kelly and Sacre. Longshot but how about finding a taker for Young and opening a spot for another player like MWP?
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
The FO has done really nice work with the bottom of the roster. They've overloaded it with youth, all of whom will be competing with each other for roster spots and minutes. Kelly & Sacre are the only two who are pretty well known entities at this point, who I do sense are getting pushed aside. We're throwing a lot of (bleep) against the wall to see what sticks, which is exactly what we should be doing.

You sense this in terms of ...

- having a personal impression that each has been proven too limited or unreliable ?
- heard from franchise people that RK and RS are only tolerated as third string roster roster components (which would be commensurate with pay !) ?
- seen that they are being offered up often in trade scenarios ?
- have information that they will be likely cut ?
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

Rawr wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Nance and Anthony Brown are here to stay too, they both have multiple guaranteed years in their deals.

It looks that way and I think Nance is going to surprise a lot of fans.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
First game of back to back:
Wow this team looks very sad

Russell/Huertas
Clarkson/Williams
Kobe/young
Randle/bass
Hibbert/black

Second night:

Russell/Huertas
Clarkson/Williams/ j brown
Young/ j brown/ a brown
Randle/ bass/ nance
Hibbert/black/ upshaw

Hibbert and Randle will play less (just to be cautious with randle)

All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

WHO'S EXCITED FOR PRESEASON?!?!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject:

All_Star_Laker wrote:
WHO'S EXCITED FOR PRESEASON?!?!

I wouldn't say excited for this preseason, no. Never been a preseason follower.

Now, November ... that sounds interesting.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

- having a personal impression that each has been proven too limited or unreliable ?
- heard from franchise people that RK and RS are only tolerated as third string roster roster components (which would be commensurate with pay !) ?

Nothing that involves inside information or anything. I just feel like we've added multiple youngsters at their respective positions, presumably in hopes of one of them sticking. I think we know what we have in Kelly & Sacre.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
70sdude wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Nothing that involves inside information or anything. I just feel like we've added multiple youngsters at their respective positions, presumably in hopes of one of them sticking. I think we know what we have in Kelly & Sacre.

That's why this is the most excited I've felt for a preseason in my memory as a Lakers fan.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject:

I am very high on Jonathan Holmes and I think he makes the team. He can play both the 3 and the 4.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: