Got ambushed by two dudes getting on the 10 freeway
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Got ambushed by two dudes getting on the 10 freeway

So I was leaving the LA Convention Center today and at a red light two black dudes ambushed my fiance and I and cleaned our windows(yanked out our windshield wipers). One stood in front of the car so we couldn't go and the other was cleaning the windshield. We honked the hell out of them and at the end they screamed "HELP A BRO OUT". I did what I thought was best and cracked the my window and threw a dollar outside. As a naive OC native what the hell am I supposed to do in this situation? I was honestly scared for my fiance as she was semi freaking out.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Its anime con at the Convention Center.
Plenty of traffic for the bums to make money.

Next time just ignore them and lay on your horn if they won't get out of your way.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Its anime con at the Convention Center.
Plenty of traffic for the bums to make money.

Next time just ignore them and lay on your horn if they won't get out of your way.

That's where I came from. I couldn't just slam the gas the guy was literally standing in front of my car and I had nowhere to go.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject:

That's what you always keep 2 bottles of Sunny Delight chilled in a cooler on the back seat. You offer them bottle number 1 and say "thanks" and "this should keep you cool on a hot day!" If they don't respond appropriately, then you hand over bottle #2 that's filled with chilled urine and smile as you drive away.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
That's what you always keep 2 bottles of Sunny Delight chilled in a cooler on the back seat. You offer them bottle number 1 and say "thanks" and "this should keep you cool on a hot day!" If they don't respond appropriately, then you hand over bottle #2 that's filled with chilled urine and smile as you drive away.

that's experience talking.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject:

There's nothing better than vagrants spitting on your windshield and wiping it with their sleeves, all without you asking. Some people will complain about anything.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject:

And now there's a metro rail line from downtown to the westside. It was nice while it lasted.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject:

The problem is you threw a dollar bill at them. You should have thrown quarters.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject:

If you look like you have fear in your eyes, they'll hang out longer. Best to just lay on the horn and have no expression on your face.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject:

hit the gas and go , they'll move. F risking your life and your gf's
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject:

You should have hit him with your car and then as he lays unconscious stick a dollar bill in his mouth and laugh "The Million-Dollar Man! Muah-hahahaha!" while having this play in the background:

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Just give them $2 and consider it a city tax. Make sure they get the window spotless and make them do the side mirrors.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Avoid LA at all costs.

Well, except for the occasional Laker game =)
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Got ambushed by two dudes getting on the 10 freeway

nickuku wrote:
So I was leaving the LA Convention Center today and at a red light two black dudes ambushed my fiance and I and cleaned our windows(yanked out our windshield wipers). One stood in front of the car so we couldn't go and the other was cleaning the windshield. We honked the hell out of them and at the end they screamed "HELP A BRO OUT". I did what I thought was best and cracked the my window and threw a dollar outside. As a naive OC native what the hell am I supposed to do in this situation? I was honestly scared for my fiance as she was semi freaking out.

What difference does that make? Why did you feel the need to specify their skin tone?

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Got ambushed by two dudes getting on the 10 freeway

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
nickuku wrote:

What difference does that make? Why did you feel the need to specify their skin tone?

xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Got ambushed by two dudes getting on the 10 freeway

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Theres a big difference. Don't kid yourself
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Got ambushed by two dudes getting on the 10 freeway

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
nickuku wrote:

Even on LG we have crypto racists.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Got ambushed by two dudes getting on the 10 freeway

Gwyn wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
nickuku wrote:

nickuku is black IIRC. I also appreciate any identifying descriptors to flesh out the story. Bigotry shouldn't be inferred.

On the other hand...

xxsicrockerxx wrote:

^ Deesguy gah-sung-splainin-to-dooooo!

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Got ambushed by two dudes getting on the 10 freeway

C M B wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
nickuku wrote:

nickuku is black IIRC. I also appreciate any identifying descriptors to flesh out the story. Bigotry shouldn't be inferred.

On the other hand...

xxsicrockerxx wrote:

^ Deesguy gah-sung-splainin-to-dooooo!

Nah I'm asian but that is besides the point. Whatever race those two guys might have been I would have pointed it out regardless. Funny how I'm being accused of crypto racism. Thanks for the replies. Taking a look back at the situation I think I would have backed up and look for another way out.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Got ambushed by two dudes getting on the 10 freeway

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
nickuku wrote:

I agree. Why did he even mention "dudes"? That's hella sexist. Should have just said "two humanoids".
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject:

I have a friend who works security at Food For Less.

He said there's a guy who comes daily to panhandle on the lot. Asks to help take groceries to customers cars. If they allow him to help they'll give him money, usually a dollar. If they say they don't need his help he'll ask for money anyway.

One day he saw the guy away from the store. He got into a relatively new car and drove off.

Some panhandlers make good money if they do it daily and it's tax free.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

He said there's a guy who comes daily to panhandle on the lot. Asks to help take groceries to customers cars. If they allow him to help they'll give him money, usually a dollar. If they say they don't need his help he'll ask for money anyway.

One day he saw the guy away from the store. He got into a relatively new car and drove off.

I actually did a little research on this and apparently some of them make 60k+ a year on average. I actually wouldn't mind it so much but the two guys that ran up to my car were overly aggressive and I had a bad feeling about them.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I actually did a little research on this and apparently some of them make 60k+ a year on average. I actually wouldn't mind it so much but the two guys that ran up to my car were overly aggressive and I had a bad feeling about them.

Last April, I was in Midtown Manhattan and a fat, tall guy (around 6'2) approached me and asked me if I spoke English. I got annoyed at the implicit racism but replied "yes" anyway. He then asked me if I could help him out. I gave him a dollar and he told me it wasn't enough.

I offered to buy him some food too, but he was like "I don't want any food" and then demanded more money while walking into my personal space. I backed up a couple of times and he was like "Why are you backing up?" and then got closer again. Eventually he just went away and was like "Whatever man, whatever," never thanking me for the dollar I gave him. He didn't even look homeless.

This other time in DC, a guy told me he had a question and when I flinched, he was like "No need to be scared of me just because I'm black." He asked me to help him out, so I reached for my wallet, but he then told me he didn't want any money, he wanted me to help him turn his life around. I spent around ten minutes talking to him and tried to bring him to the nearest homeless shelter, but right before we got to the train he told me we didn't want to go. He then asked me what I thought a reasonable amount was to help him out of his situation. I said that I would give what I could, and he responded by asking for $300. I gave him $20 and then he asked if I could give him the three hundred. Eventually he settled on asking for $10 more but I told him no.

Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
nickuku wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Last April, I was in Midtown Manhattan and a fat, tall guy (around 6'2) approached me and asked me if I spoke English. I got annoyed at the implicit racism but replied "yes" anyway. He then asked me if I could help him out. I gave him a dollar and he told me it wasn't enough.

I offered to buy him some food too, but he was like "I don't want any food" and then demanded more money while walking into my personal space. I backed up a couple of times and he was like "Why are you backing up?" and then got closer again. Eventually he just went away and was like "Whatever man, whatever," never thanking me for the dollar I gave him. He didn't even look homeless.

This other time in DC, a guy told me he had a question and when I flinched, he was like "No need to be scared of me just because I'm black." He asked me to help him out, so I reached for my wallet, but he then told me he didn't want any money, he wanted me to help him turn his life around. I spent around ten minutes talking to him and tried to bring him to the nearest homeless shelter, but right before we got to the train he told me we didn't want to go. He then asked me what I thought a reasonable amount was to help him out of his situation. I said that I would give what I could, and he responded by asking for $300. I gave him $20 and then he asked if I could give him the three hundred. Eventually he settled on asking for $10 more but I told him no.

I'm not cool with people getting up in my personal space. I'm not sure what I would have done if I was in your situation. I would like to think that I could just hold out my arm and say, "back off"... but if someone was getting too close it's pretty dangerous.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
nickuku wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm not cool with people getting up in my personal space. I'm not sure what I would have done if I was in your situation. I would like to think that I could just hold out my arm and say, "back off"... but if someone was getting too close it's pretty dangerous.

He did it at least two or three times while asking me why I was backing away. Given that he was substantially taller and heavier than me, aggravating him wouldn't have been a good idea. It probably wouldn't be a good idea even with someone smaller.

This was in broad daylight right next to the Newscorp building though, so I probably wasn't ever in any real danger.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: