LAKERS -at- PACERS - 2/1 - Thoughts and :-(( ratings
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: LAKERS -at- PACERS - 2/1 - Thoughts and :-(( ratings

Lakers -- -- Still thinking about their last game and replaying the highlights in their heads.

DB -- -- Arrggggh!

(I've got notes on about 2/3 the game... I may post something later if I get over the burn out. Until then, feel free to vent, comment, do your own smilies, etc. here.)
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:

bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject:

thanks. You do enough. You could LUMP EVERYONE together with a dead banana. It was almost amusing how bad we were. Even awful teams arent as bad as we were.
DiehardLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject:

I can't even express in words how I felt watching this game
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject:

I'll probably get to it sometime. Just don't want anyone to wait up for this one...
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
I'll probably get to it sometime. Just don't want anyone to wait up for this one...

Take a break. Sometimes less is more. Take advantage of this "Horrible weather" we are experiencing
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

that was funny...and surprising as well. I think it takes a lot to piss off DB, so you can only imagine the horrible way the Lakers played. the Horror.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Hey DB - Don't bother, man.

We all love your work, but this would be torture. I know it was an ugly game to watch from the Laker end.

Hopefully the Lakers will show up on Friday .....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Laker fans -

pokoy -

I need to find another hobby this season. Following this team is giving me ulcers. Why we like to lose games we absolutely need to win, I will never know, but it just does not bode well for the rest of the season. And we are supposed to have an "easier" schedule in the second half of the season? This was supposed to be an "easy" game with Jermaine and Stephen out, and Artest (their best player) gone. I am gearing up for missing the playoffs this year, only we'd probably miss it on the very last day of the year. That's the way the season has gone so far. Why not?

Last edited by pokoy on Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject:

The beauty of having a DVR...down by 20 I put it on 70x speed, the rest of that suck fest went by quick
LakerLove
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject:

I have never talked bad about Odom but lately he has been doing a great impression of Kwame with his lay ups...you know the ones that never go in!
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Kobe to Kwame! Oh it goes off his head!!! TO!

Stu: "and Kobe says "KWAME PUT YOUR HANDS UP" and Kwame says "huh? what hands?"
on the Lakers... basketball... network.

Anyone feel like every possesion we have is a freaking struggle, and for the other team its just a damn cakewalk. Oh well its just one of those games.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

NKPOG = Any Lakers fan who watched the tape delay even though he knew the score. Here's to you, you gluttons for punishment.

The Lakers must have a thing for losing to teams with injured stars.
M. Hicks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I stick by my early season prediction of 44 to 47 wins.

With a team that has so many inconsistent, unproven guys who are question marks, their effort and execution are going to be all over the map at this point in the season.

This part of the season, pre All-Star break, are the "dog days" of the season. We played the Knicks last night in one of their mail-in nights, and the Lakes just happened to do the same tonight against a depleted Pacer team.

I knew that this season would be a rollercoaster ride...but actually, I'm enjoying it nonetheless.
Canuck
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Laker fans -

pokoy -

I need to find another hobby this season. Following this team is giving me ulcers. Why we like to lose games we absolutely need to win, I will never know, but it just does not bode well for the rest of the season. And we are supposed to have an "easier" schedule in the second half of the season? This was supposed to be an "easy" game with Jermaine and Stephen out, and Artest (their best player) gone. I am gearing up for missing the playoffs this year, only we'd probably miss it on the very last day of the year. That's the way the season has gone so far. Why not?

My sentiments exactly.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

good call db - there is no point. put it out of your head, and take the game off.
RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: FANTASTIC REVIEW!!

DB, you know I love you, man, and I say this in all sincerity. This may be your best review ever. Leave it just the way it is. You "bring it" every game, breaking it down and giving the details.

Well, the Lakers put as much effort into this game as you did into your review. To give this game any more effort in analysis is to offer the team more respect than it deserves for its performance tonight.

We're all disgusted. And frankly, even though I looked here, I was pretty sure I didn't want to read about the game, anyway. I don't need any help to feel depressed, thanks.

Oh, well. I guess this is the type of swing you can expect from a young team. They had better learn fast...
sonofabuss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
I need to find another hobby this season. Following this team is giving me ulcers.

Feeling the same way here. Worse yet, I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that this team will somehow find a way to miss the playoffs and completely disappoint me. Anyone else starting to get the same feeling?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject:

thanks more than ever, DB...
playing with energy and confidence against a pathetic team as the knicks, and then without any energy and confidence against teams with some will, that's the typical losers attitude... i hope that no one will come here today posting that these players are young and improving... these players are soft and losers, that's all... everybody can have bad nights and lose, but you can't never give up your dignity and pride...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject:

8750 wrote:
thanks more than ever, DB...
playing with energy and confidence against a pathetic team as the knicks, and then without any energy and confidence against teams with some will, that's the typical losers attitude... i hope that no one will come here today posting that these players are young and improving... these players are soft and losers, that's all... everybody can have bad nights and lose, but you can't never give up your dignity and pride...

The comparison between the will of the Knicks and the will of the Pacers is pretty interesting. The Knicks certainly have a loser attitude shadowing them and potentially tearing them apart. Larry, of course, got on them for quitting. Indy, with all their problems, has had some fight in them. We had no respect for that difference, I think.

Kobe, of course, is the most strong willed player in the NBA. I think Mitch seemed to draft some strong willed players in Turiaf, Bynum and Wafer. Von doesn't get much time, but I've seen him impose his will in the SPL and also preach to Bynum about a killer instinct. Mihm plays with a fire and a chip on his shoulder. Sasha and Cook both seem like fighters. Everyone else seems a bit wishy washy in that department to me. Unfortunately, that includes some key players. Most of the players I haven't mentioned have struggled with "confidence" type of issues. I don't know how much Kobe can teach them about what it takes to win and to impose your will. Phil certainly has developed some strong-willed players. Maybe one or two can break through. I can see him working on a few of them in this area.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject:

did they realize that they couldn't carry over their extra points from last night?

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject:

DB - I was at that game last night (figures the one shot I get at watching the Lakers in person and they suck it up). Believe me, there's no need to break this one down. It can all be summarized by this.

iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject:

Lessons taking from the Pacers / Lakers game…

Odom does not have a jump shot
Phil needs to learn how to use timeouts with this young team
Odom does not know how to defend
Peja is far better than Odom…period
Pacers made the right trade with Artest
Odom has no passion or heart
Grainger is a STUD…that the Lakers passed on
Bynum comes crashing back to reality
Odom has no leadership
Jackson must us time outs for rest on the 2nd game of back-to-back games
Odom is not worth $13-15 million per season
Lakers have lost their defensive intensity
Peja and Grainger put up double-doubles
Odom sucks
Lakers only play hard for big games or big stages
Lakers play down to the “perceived” competition
Odom still sucks!
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
The beauty of having a DVR...down by 20 I put it on 70x speed, the rest of that suck fest went by quick
Word! thank god for tivo!!! Made it quick and relatively painless!
alcstarheel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Word! thank god for tivo!!! Made it quick and relatively painless!

This is your 666th post

ALCS

OTR - One Ball. One Board.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: