OFFICIAL LOU WILLIAMS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject:

has anyone posted the Louuuu anthem?

https://vimeo.com/120328345 nsfw

Lou is a legend, I'm honored to have him be a Laker
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject:

so I just check Lou Will's stats from last year....

he shot only 40% fg and 34% from 3pts....

are we really gonna be happy with him? I have a feeling LGers are gonna hate him very soon.....
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:

are we really gonna be happy with him? I have a feeling LGers are gonna hate him very soon.....

I have a lukewarm feeling. he is not really a game changer. I don't even think he's solid enough to celebrate for... he's just like the other acquisitions..
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject:

At 7 M he's a good get. Market value and production wise, no complaints.

What'll be good - He's an instant scorer off the bench, gives you a clear punch as a 6th man and can take over games.

What'll be bad - He doesn't defend, he hogs the ball at times, he may take away from Russell/Clarkson

I'm ok with this signing based on it being an asset we can move in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:

There'll be a love/hate relationship. Saw quite a bit of him as a Raptor. He's a big time scorer at times, can completely take over games. Other times, awful.

I'll say this - I don't think his FG percentage is the best way to measure him as a player. He's an aggressive attacking player. He won't come in and just pass the ball around and watch Kobe play. He'll take over and make the 2nd unit his unit.

Hope we're going to play faster more quick firing O next season. Lou won't fit in a slowed down cramped up style, IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject:

lou will, brandon bass, and hibbert all have one thing in common. They're vets.

kobe needs vets around him to help him groom these kids. Guys need to be there to show the young guys how to be professionals. There isnt meany teams that have had a team full of a kids that has panned out well for them. OKC may be the first with durant, russ, and harden. and even that took awhile. You can grow up a bit faster with a few quality vets around you. They can show you and tell you things that you would otherwise have to learn thru experience. which takes time.
Lakers2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:
Awesome pickup.
Lou is a very good player. He's not one dimensional like Young. Lou can facilitate, score and defend. I've always been intrigued by him since his Philly days.

The great thing about him and Bass is that you never hear any crap coming from them or about them in the media. 2 good professional basketball players. The FO is building a good team environment for our young players.

Young and Kelly are probably going to be traded soon with Young more likely to be traded and Kelly to be waived. Good stuff! sorry Kelly...

I agree. The types of signings for a championship team another thing is they both have been on playoff wining teams.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Another great signing. I like how we are singing actual NBA players who are still young enough to do work.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:

His TS% is 56.4%. The league average is 54.3%. Getting to the line 5 times per game and making 86% of them helps. Low TO player as well.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:

Happy?

Anyone here bother to check what Kobe's %'s were for the 35 games he played last year????

Here you go: FG: 37.3% 3pt = 29.3%

So for those of you who feel the need to: go ahead and resume bashing Lou...

unleashed...

Last edited by unleasHell on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Yay!
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:

I see him a slight upgrade over Jeremy Lin at the backup PG spot. Will that make this team that much better? I dont think so.

I'd rather go with Lou than Lin though.

Lou seems way more steadier.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject:

brian313 wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:
Purp&Gold wrote:
2 girls and they get along like im lou will
welcome! http://www.vladtv.com/images/size_fs/video_image-405624.jpg

apparently, no more: http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2015/02/lou-williams-broke-up-with-one-of-his-2-girlfriends/

You can have two but you can only give your undivided attention to one.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:40 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Jackobe wrote:

There'll be a love/hate relationship. Saw quite a bit of him as a Raptor. He's a big time scorer at times, can completely take over games. Other times, awful.

I'll say this - I don't think his FG percentage is the best way to measure him as a player. He's an aggressive attacking player. He won't come in and just pass the ball around and watch Kobe play. He'll take over and make the 2nd unit his unit.

Hope we're going to play faster more quick firing O next season. Lou won't fit in a slowed down cramped up style, IMO.

You just described Nick Young. What an AWFUL signing. What happened to us? We're signing the players that nobody wants.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Jackobe wrote:

Happy?

Anyone here bother to check what Kobe's %'s were for the 35 games he played last year????

Here you go: FG: 37.3% 3pt = 29.3%

So for those of you who feel the need to: go ahead and resume bashing Lou...

unleashed...

you just compared Kobe's worst season in his career to Lou Will's best season in his career....

not bashing Lou, just saying if people hate Swaggy P's shooting...they might not like Lou Will either.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

Q&A: Lou Williams On Joining Lakers, No Offer From Raptors

Quote:
On Sunday, the Los Angeles Lakers and Lou Williams agreed to terms on a three-year, $21 million deal. Basketball Insiders’ Alex Kennedy caught up with Williams. Here is the full Q&A:

Basketball Insiders: How did this deal come together? When did the Lakers start showing interest in you?

Lou Williams: “Well, they were one of the first teams to reach out to me once free agency began and they just started to touch base with us. At that point, we weren’t sure what direction we were heading in because we wanted to see if [returning to] Toronto was going to work out. Then, yesterday, the talks got a little bit more serious and it just looked like a good opportunity for me to take. It really only took, like, five minutes to get done once we entered serious talks.”

Basketball Insiders: You’ve played with a lot of great players throughout your career and now you get to team up with Kobe Bryant.

Lou Williams: “It’ll be fun. It’ll be an amazing experience. A lot of guys don’t get the chance to play with one of the best players in the world. I’m excited, especially with him playing the same position that I play, so hopefully I’ll be able to learn from him. I’m looking forward to just being around him. Greatness is contagious. For him, at 36 years old, to be able to still compete at a high level and have success in his career, you have to respect that. Hopefully, I’ll be able to pick up some things from him.”

Basketball Insiders: I know that being a Laker can be crazy. Ramon Sessions once told me he got chased through a hotel by fans. That Laker Nation fan base is passionate. Have you already experienced that a little bit since it was announced that you would be joining the team?

Lou Williams: “Yeah (laughs). Laker Nation is a real thing! It’s real, man. I got a ton of new followers and my social media stuff has been going crazy for the past day now. Laker Nation has been welcoming me, saying they’re excited, things of that nature. I’m really looking forward to being part of that culture. It’s also an honor to be a part of the rich tradition they have in Los Angeles. To be a part of that, it’s going to be something special for me.”

Click on link for full interview
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

Swaggy rarely attacks the basket; Lou Will is more relentless with that. Big difference. Swaggy dances with the ball and lofts a 3 pointer.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject:

Swaggy attacks the basket tons of times
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Quote:
On Sunday, the Los Angeles Lakers and Lou Williams agreed to terms on a three-year, $21 million deal. Basketball Insiders’ Alex Kennedy caught up with Williams. Here is the full Q&A:

Basketball Insiders: How did this deal come together? When did the Lakers start showing interest in you?

Lou Williams: “Well, they were one of the first teams to reach out to me once free agency began and they just started to touch base with us. At that point, we weren’t sure what direction we were heading in because we wanted to see if [returning to] Toronto was going to work out. Then, yesterday, the talks got a little bit more serious and it just looked like a good opportunity for me to take. It really only took, like, five minutes to get done once we entered serious talks.”

Basketball Insiders: You’ve played with a lot of great players throughout your career and now you get to team up with Kobe Bryant.

Lou Williams: “It’ll be fun. It’ll be an amazing experience. A lot of guys don’t get the chance to play with one of the best players in the world. I’m excited, especially with him playing the same position that I play, so hopefully I’ll be able to learn from him. I’m looking forward to just being around him. Greatness is contagious. For him, at 36 years old, to be able to still compete at a high level and have success in his career, you have to respect that. Hopefully, I’ll be able to pick up some things from him.”

Basketball Insiders: I know that being a Laker can be crazy. Ramon Sessions once told me he got chased through a hotel by fans. That Laker Nation fan base is passionate. Have you already experienced that a little bit since it was announced that you would be joining the team?

Lou Williams: “Yeah (laughs). Laker Nation is a real thing! It’s real, man. I got a ton of new followers and my social media stuff has been going crazy for the past day now. Laker Nation has been welcoming me, saying they’re excited, things of that nature. I’m really looking forward to being part of that culture. It’s also an honor to be a part of the rich tradition they have in Los Angeles. To be a part of that, it’s going to be something special for me.”

Interesting that the Lakers made a call right at the start of free agency. It seems to corroborate the idea that Mitch had a plan B on the backburner all along. The swift acquisitions of Hibbert, Williams and Bass after LMA signed with SA seem to indicate just that.
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

I don't have the stats, but I doubt they'll support your assertion.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I don't have the stats, but I doubt they'll support your assertion.

By "basket" he meant Iggy Azalea.
Boybees
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Interesting that the Lakers made a call right at the start of free agency. It seems to corroborate the idea that Mitch had a plan B on the backburner all along. The swift acquisitions of Hibbert, Williams and Bass after LMA signed with SA seem to indicate just that.

Of course. But the chicken littles on this site would have you believe that Mitch had no plan.

That one of the top 5 GMs in the league woke up on June 30 and said to himself, "gee this whole FA thing kinda snuck up on me. Haven't thought about it at all really. Better hope we get Aldridge, cuz if not, I don't have any idea what we'll do."
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
32 wrote:

Quote:

Personally, my favorite part.

Quote:
Basketball Insiders: You’re known for coming off of the bench and providing that spark. Do you think you can repeat as Sixth Man of the Year and defend your title in Los Angeles?

Lou Williams: “Absolutely. I look forward to it. That’s become something that is part of my career and it’s a role that I’ve learned to love over the years. If you’re going to be a Sixth Man, if you’re going to come off of the bench, you want to be the best one to do it.”

To partly quote the Rock, "Know your role".
Afrosho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

How about "successfully"?

I just hope he doesn't take a second away from Russell and Clarkson. Knowing Byron he'll probably play him 40 minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 6 of 43
Jump to: