OFFICIAL LOU WILLIAMS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
it's sad Lou freaking Williams, an afterthought for most of us heading into the season is having bigger impact than DLO so far.

Lou is probably our best player. Can get his shot off at will, can get in the lane anytime he wants and he's surprisingly a good passer with his drinblemdrive

For this season, probably. Bear in mind he's a 30 year old who's played over 10 years in the NBA. He's got a lot of tricks in his bag.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject:

LOL at the DLO fans in this and the Nick Young thread. Just can't keep the backhanded compliments down. Just (bleep) despicable
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
LOL at the DLO fans in this and the Nick Young thread. Just can't keep the backhanded compliments down. Just (bleep) despicable

Come again?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
it's sad Lou freaking Williams, an afterthought for most of us heading into the season is having bigger impact than DLO so far.

If Lou was an afterthought for you going into the season then what is sad is your evaluation of the Laker team. You should have known he would be one of our best players based on what happened last season. And to expect a second year player to be more impactful than a seasoned vet who has won a 6th man of the year award is equally as sad.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Lou is probably our best player. Can get his shot off at will, can get in the lane anytime he wants and he's surprisingly a good passer with his drinblemdrive

For this season, probably. Bear in mind he's a 30 year old who's played over 10 years in the NBA. He's got a lot of tricks in his bag.

Lou is just cool, he seems to keep his teammates grounded and calm. He isn't spastic like Huertas.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Lou is just cool, he seems to keep his teammates grounded and calm. He isn't spastic like Huertas.

Yeah. Just a cool cat under pressure. That's something our young guys like DLO/Ingram/Randle can learn.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:

It doesn't have anything to do with Nick or Lou, some folks have a favorite player and they have a tough time dealing with comparisons.

Just let it go, last season Lou was our best player too and we had a lot of folks wanting to trade him. I even remember about one guy telling how great it would be Lou breaking a leg. It's just not worth, let's root for players making Lakers better and that include Lou, Nick and Dlo.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:

It doesn't have anything to do with Nick or Lou, some folks have a favorite player and they have a tough time dealing with comparisons.

Just let it go, last season Lou was our best player too and we had a lot of folks wanting to trade him. I even remember about one guy telling how great it would be Lou breaking a leg. It's just not worth, let's root for players making Lakers better and that include Lou, Nick and Dlo.

I was defending Lou last year also, he and Bass were our two best players last season.

We had him getting TONS of blame for the debacle last year and he was still getting all the black hole comments this year.

Our 9th best player according to some here is actually our 1st best player.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
nash wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:

I was defending Lou last year also, he and Bass were our two best players last season.

We had him getting TONS of blame for the debacle last year and he was still getting all the black hole comments this year.

Our 9th best player according to some here is actually our 1st best player.

The question coming into this season was how his style of play would mesh with Walton's offense, and Luke has done a simple, but brilliant job of letting Lou play PG in a PnR-centric offense off the bench, which he's been best at for most of his career. Getting him to buy into better off-ball movement and effort on defense has helped shore up two of his main weaknesses.

Result? Profit.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Is Lou hurt?
Anyway, he was bad. Missed layups and that horrible defense today. Please dont get backdoored.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Play some defense!
Back doored again.

And why are you dribbling away from the screen?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject:

Lou Williams, the Case for Sixth Man of the Year

Quote:
After a stint in the Lakers’ starting lineup during the preseason, Lou Williams is back to his old role and he is damn good at it.

Last summer, when he was signed to a three year, $21 million contract and fresh off the title of Sixth Man of the Year, Lou Williams looked like a bargain for the Los Angeles Lakers. Now, after the fantastic start to this season paired with the jump of the new salary cap, he can only be as defined a total steal.

Through 16 games, he is once again an early candidate for the SMOTY award, leading the best bench in the league with 16.9 points per game. He also finds himself in a head-to-head battle with D’Angelo Russell for the role of top scorer of the team.

Sweet Lou is the prototypical sixth man who changes the rhythm of the game. Much like Vinnie “The Microwave” Johnson for the Detroit Bad Boys, he comes off the bench scoring tons of points in a short period of time (on November 20, he scored 14 points in his first three minutes of action against the Chicago Bulls).

http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/11/25/lakers-lou-williams-case-sixth-man-of-the-year/
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Nights like tonight... it's Lou Williams's world.
We're all just living in it.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Nights like tonight... it's Lou Williams's world.
We're all just living in it.

HE'S A BAD MAN!!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Noice. Thank you Lou. Better energy today.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:22 am    Post subject:

Lakers need to build the whole team around Louwill. If I was the GM I would acquire any teammates he wanted. He is absolutely clutch and the Clear leader of this team. The chemistry of the second unit and flow is basketball genius. I am looking at his former teams in Toronto and Atlanta and wondering who his favorite teammates are?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
Lakers need to build the whole team around Louwill. If I was the GM I would acquire any teammates he wanted. He is absolutely clutch and the Clear leader of this team. The chemistry of the second unit and flow is basketball genius. I am looking at his former teams in Toronto and Atlanta and wondering who his favorite teammates are?

I agree, we should build around Lou.

Some good complimentary players are Anthony Davis, Paul George and Butler
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:51 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

Those guys might take away his touches though.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
nash wrote:
Jellojigglin wrote:

Those guys might take away his touches though.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 18s18 seconds ago
The Lakers' Lou Williams has 137 points in fourth quarters this season, third in the league behind only Russell Westbrook and Dame Lillard.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers' Lou Williams has 137 points in fourth quarters this season, third in the league behind only Russell Westbrook and Dame Lillard.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:14 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject:

LOU IS A GOD AMONG MEN
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

I think Jim might owe me an apology...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject:

Lou probably deserves more than 2 girlfriends. Maybe 4 at least.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 28 of 43
Jump to: