OFFICIAL LOU WILLIAMS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Without this man we'd be right where we were this time last season.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Vesper wrote:
LouWill has been our best player this season.

Outside of his instant offense, he's making the right reads and passes most of the time. Average defender, but he should be the frontrunner for Sixth Man of the Year. Unless, we suck record wise and they consider the win column a huge deal.

As things stand now. It's either him or Wilson Chandler.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject:

* Lakers' Williams has special bond with Iverson

Quote:
Lakers guard Lou Williams counts himself as fortunate to have played with Allen Iverson for a time.

“Playing with him, watching how he prepared for games,” Williams said. “[He] took me under his wing. Was my vet. I was his rookie. We have a very special relationship. Speak at least once a month.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-report-20161216-story.html

*Mitch Kupchak Says Lou Williams Has Been Team’s MVP So Far

Quote:
Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak recently had very high praise of Williams, saying that he has been the team’s most valuable player this season, via Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report:

“I wasn’t sure how Lou would fit into a motion offense, where there’s so much passing and movement,” he continued. “I think you can say that our most valuable player has been Lou Williams.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-mitch-kupchak-says-lou-williams-has-been-teams-mvp-so-far/2016/12/15/
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject:

He's been great this year and his value will never get any higher.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Vesper wrote:
LouWill has been our best player this season.

Outside of his instant offense, he's making the right reads and passes most of the time. Average defender, but he should be the frontrunner for Sixth Man of the Year. Unless, we suck record wise and they consider the win column a huge deal.

As things stand now. It's either him or Wilson Chandler.

Eric Gordon says hello.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Agreed. We need to be cashing in this chip soon.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Coming down to earth. If the Lakers aren't making the playoffs, I'd sell high. He or Nick. One of them has to be flipped for more future pieces. I had hopes of 5th through 7th seed, but I think those seeds are long gone. If the Lakers think there's value to making 8th and being Warriors fodder, then I guess go for it. But Lakers brass need to think long and hard now if a trade opportunity comes up. If we were going to be 5th, 6th or 7th, I'd say no way. Lets push this team. But 8 seems to be the only option, and I'm not so sure I want that more than a good trade for the future.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Coming down to earth. If the Lakers aren't making the playoffs, I'd sell high. He or Nick. One of them has to be flipped for more future pieces. I had hopes of 5th through 7th seed, but I think those seeds are long gone. If the Lakers think there's value to making 8th and being Warriors fodder, then I guess go for it. But Lakers brass need to think long and hard now if a trade opportunity comes up. If we were going to be 5th, 6th or 7th, I'd say no way. Lets push this team. But 8 seems to be the only option, and I'm not so sure I want that more than a good trade for the future.

We should trade both Nick and Lou. No better time as they've been playing better than they ever have, and a number of teams will be looking for final pieces as they position for the playoffs. We need to move to asset accumulation mode given the crappy CBA.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:00 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

We should trade both Nick and Lou. No better time as they've been playing better than they ever have, and a number of teams will be looking for final pieces as they position for the playoffs. We need to move to asset accumulation mode given the crappy CBA.

Yup.
Was always the right move, and much more so now with the new CBA.
Need to make both moves asap. an injury or drop in ability (which seemed invevitable with Lou and is already happening to some extent) - and we give away resources and assets that are right there for the taking.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I think the front office will have the same approach during the trade deadline.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject:

He's been great. He is our one man second unit. Keeps guys involved. Scores at will. Never has an excuse about touches, minutes, coach.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject:

2/10 but best defensive player yesterday.

max him and he give effort on defense.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
2/10 but best defensive player yesterday.

max him and he give effort on defense.

That would be really big of him.
Stand up guy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

So how does that help the team in their quest to make the playoffs? But DLO has been playing pretty good, Randle and Ingram as well. We could probably get some draft picks for them. Amirite?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers guard Lou Williams, now 30 years old, is having the best season of his career, averaging 18.9 points per game with an effective field goal percentage of 52. Williams has scored the fifth-most points per possession in the pick-and-roll so far this season (of players with a minimum of 100 pick-and-roll possessions, per Synergy). This isn’t a blip on the radar: In each of the past two seasons, he’s ranked in the top five, and over the last eight seasons he’s ranked in the top 15 seven times.

Few players have been that consistent. There are the familiar superstars like Chris Paul, Curry, and James Harden, and then there’s Lou, an oft-overlooked sixth man. Williams’s consistency is remarkable, especially considering how it has translated across each of the four teams he’s played for. It all started in Philadelphia, where he told me it was “huge” for his career to be able to learn from Andre Miller. “Just watching the way Andre attacked the pick-and-roll, how he took his time picking defenses apart,” said Williams. “He was big in my development.”

https://theringer.com/nba-pick-and-roll-lou-williams-kemba-walker-draymond-green-f9a1ec934a2a#.msq44wx4t
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject:

is it safe to day Lou is a prime AI without defense? i'd say pretty close.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

AI never played defense.

And heck no. I like Lou this season, but not even close to a prime AI.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

AI never played defense.

Iverson took a team where the only other noticeable player was Mutombo (DPOY) to the Finals.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

AI never played defense.

Iverson took a team where the only other noticeable player was Mutombo (DPOY) to the Finals.

Yeah. He was a monster in his prime.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject:

iverson was overrated

the east sucked that year
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

So how does that help the team in their quest to make the playoffs? But DLO has been playing pretty good, Randle and Ingram as well. We could probably get some draft picks for them. Amirite?

Hasty generalization on your part -- DLO, Randle, and Ingram are obviously part of the young core. Nick Young and Lou Will are not.

We are winning nothing in the next few years, so best to setup for when our young core are hitting their primes. By that time, neither Nick nor Lou will be here -- one expires this coming year and the other the next. Hopefully we don't hand out more insane contracts to 30 something journeymen, we already have Deng and Moz for that. So why not cash those chips in now for assets that will help add to our young core?

Is that so hard to understand?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
iverson was overrated

Yeah. He was so overrated he won an MVP and got elected into the HOF. How overrated.

You can say he was inefficient and didn't play championship basketball, but he was a monster. Unstoppable (except by himself).
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
iverson was overrated

Yeah. He was so overrated he won an MVP and got elected into the HOF. How overrated.

You can say he was inefficient and didn't play championship basketball,
but he was a monster. Unstoppable (except by himself).

One of the all-time greats!

"NO 'BOUT A DOUBT IT!"
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Hasty generalization on your part -- DLO, Randle, and Ingram are obviously part of the young core. Nick Young and Lou Will are not.

We are winning nothing in the next few years, so best to setup for when our young core are hitting their primes. By that time, neither Nick nor Lou will be here -- one expires this coming year and the other the next. Hopefully we don't hand out more insane contracts to 30 something journeymen, we already have Deng and Moz for that. So why not cash those chips in now for assets that will help add to our young core?

Is that so hard to understand?

According to the FO Lou is part of the core. They have no interest in trading him, especially for more young players who need time to be acceptable NBA players. They can say it, you don't have to understand.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

for those of you think Lou's value is at all time high think about this though. sure Lou's having a career year and you would think some contenders would love to have him coming off the bench. but that is only true on paper, none of the contending teams are playing iso style even when their bench gets in. and iso is the only way Lou will be effective. so i don't think Lou would get us anything valuable in return even though he's having a career year, his style of play is just not going to fit with any of the contending team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 35 of 43
Jump to: