Why is Lebron and Gasol still Unrestricted?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Why is Lebron and Gasol still Unrestricted?

Why Is Lebron James and Marc Gasol Unrestricted? what are they waiting for?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Why is Lebron and Gasol still Unrestricted?

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

James has said he won't talk to the Cavs until after they deal with Tristan Thompson. That's going to get Tristan a few more million bucks.

Lots of speculation with Gasol is waiting, but no one outside his camp knows for sure.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

Marc is expected to finalize terms w/ the Grizz this week. Nothing to talk about since pretty much everyone knew he was going back.

LeBron likes to be "dramatic" in his signings so no telling what he's doing...
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject:

LeBron wants to be literally the last free agent to sign in the offseason. Ego reasons.
cojones
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
LeBron wants to be literally the last free agent to sign in the offseason. Ego reasons.

Haters gonna hate. I think he just trying to get his teammates the most they can get. It's not like he's not looking out for himself but I do like that he's looking for his brothers as well.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Why is Lebron and Gasol still Unrestricted?

activeverb wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

James has said he won't talk to the Cavs until after they deal with Tristan Thompson. That's going to get Tristan a few more million bucks.

Lots of speculation with Gasol is waiting, but no one outside his camp knows for sure.

is Thompson restricted? the guy is a solid backup and rebounds like crazy.... why didn't the lakers go after him rather than bass?
cojones
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Why is Lebron and Gasol still Unrestricted?

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

is Thompson restricted? the guy is a solid backup and rebounds like crazy.... why didn't the lakers go after him rather than bass?

Yeah he's restricted and he's not going anywhere, he just trying to get the most out from the Cavs and with Lebron helping him he probably will get what he wants.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Just the opposite, actually. Lebron has been really low key. He has said he won't talk to the Cavs until Tristan Thompson resigns, which will help him get more money.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Gasol signed.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Just the opposite, actually. Lebron has been really low key. He has said he won't talk to the Cavs until Tristan Thompson resigns, which will help him get more money.

The dramatic part is the wait
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
activeverb wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I think the potential for drama ended when Kevin Love resigned. Now the only drama is whether Tristan Thompson gets $11 million a year or $15 million a year or some point in-between.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
activeverb wrote:
TDRock wrote:

I think the potential for drama ended when Kevin Love resigned. Now the only drama is whether Tristan Thompson gets $11 million a year or $15 million a year or some point in-between.

Would love for the Cavs to call his bluff. Offer Thompson $10 million and dare Lebron to walk away because Tristan Thompson couldn't make $5 M more.
cojones
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
activeverb wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
activeverb wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Would love for the Cavs to call his bluff. Offer Thompson $10 million and dare Lebron to walk away because Tristan Thompson couldn't make $5 M more.

Honestly if I'm the Cavs owner I just pony up and pay that dude because Cavs can make history. If they healthy they have another shot at the ring this year and as owner what more can you ask for.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

I am not sure what you think the "bluff" is. Lebron has only said he isn't going to negotiate his contract until Thompson is done negotiating his. If the Cavs offer a $10 million contract that Thompson rejects, their negotiations aren't done.
cojones
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I am not sure what you think the "bluff" is. Lebron has only said he isn't going to negotiate his contract until Thompson is done negotiating his. If the Cavs offer a $10 million contract that Thompson rejects, their negotiations aren't done.

BTW what you guys think will Lebron get?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

You mentioned Lebron won't negotiate until Thompson "re-signs". Well, what if he wants more money and goes elsewhere?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject:

cojones wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
activeverb wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
activeverb wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Honestly if I'm the Cavs owner I just pony up and pay that dude because Cavs can make history. If they healthy they have another shot at the ring this year and as owner what more can you ask for.

Not paying a backup PF $15 million per year.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
activeverb wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

You mentioned Lebron won't negotiate until Thompson "re-signs". Well, what if he wants more money and goes elsewhere?

He's a restricted free agent. If he signs elsewhere, the Cavs will simply match.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
cojones wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
activeverb wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
activeverb wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Not paying a backup PF $15 million per year.

Last summer, the Cavs offered him a 4-year, $13-million-a-year contract which he turned down.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject:

cojones wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

LINK . I think he just trying to get his teammates the most they can get. It's not like he's not looking out for himself but I do like that he's looking for his brothers as well.

FIFY

LeBron's not only looking out for himself he's also looking out for his teammates. The scuttlebutt is they're going after Joe Johnson.

I don't that'll work because if I read it right the Nets want Varejoa and Thompson. IMO the Cavs would be foolish to make that trade.

Gilbert's already well over the LT limit, I think like 100 million so taking Johnson's heavy contract would not be a good business or, IMO, basketball move.

People need ta raise up offa Bron.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
cojones wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

LINK . I think he just trying to get his teammates the most they can get. It's not like he's not looking out for himself but I do like that he's looking for his brothers as well.

FIFY

LeBron's not only looking out for himself he's also looking out for his teammates. The scuttlebutt is they're going after Joe Johnson.

I don't that'll work because if I read it right the Nets want Varejoa and Thompson. IMO the Cavs would be foolish to make that trade.

Gilbert's already well over the LT limit, I think like 100 million so taking Johnson's heavy contract would not be a good business or, IMO, basketball move.

People need ta raise up offa Bron.

The Cavs would need to send Varejao and Haywood (whose contract is not guaranteed) to make the deal work, money wise. If that doesn't pan out, they'll probably still trade Haywood's contract, so they'll be spending the money in any case.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
activeverb wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Yep, that's what I meant.
lakerlgnd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is Lebron and Gasol still Unrestricted?

activeverb wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Isn't it a conflict of interest that Lebron James owns piece of the agency that represents Thompson?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is Lebron and Gasol still Unrestricted?

lakerlgnd wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Isn't it a conflict of interest that Lebron James owns piece of the agency that represents Thompson?

James and Tristan share the same agent, Rich Paul, but as far as I know James doesn't have an interest in the agency.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject:

Lebron is giving the Cavs time to form a super team for him then he'll sign. This way they have more money to go out and fetch those players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: