FBI raids Jared Fogle's (Subway) house for child porn; Update pg.3 - Fogle to plead guilty for possession of child porn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 20520

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Not a soul seems to be concerned about his laptop that was seized and accessed without his permission as part of the case against him.


His laptop was seized? What was her name?


Haha. "Footlong"?

Seriously though -- does anyone think there's a problem with the police accessing his computer and using its contents in the case against him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ribeye
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2001
Posts: 7694

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Seriously though -- does anyone think there's a problem with the police accessing his computer and using its contents in the case against him?


Not if the subpoena was legally and properly obtained and executed.
_________________
For the adults in the room only
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 9332

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Seriously though -- does anyone think there's a problem with the police accessing his computer and using its contents in the case against him?


Not if the subpoena was legally and properly obtained and executed.

exactly.
Why would there be a problem?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 16720

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Not a soul seems to be concerned about his laptop that was seized and accessed without his permission as part of the case against him.


I read that they found flash drives and/or SD cards from dogs trained to sniff em out. That's a trip. I'm surprised they have an odor. Dogs, gotta love em. That hit me as one of those simple, but brilliant ideas. If you're an investigator, you'll find OJ's knife in the dirt before you find a hidden mini-SD card.

PS: Regarding the knife, I wonder if OJ reached up and put it in a rain gutter out by Kato's room. Would the cops think to get a ladder and look there? I don't know if anyone has reported that they found the knife while demolishing the home or if it was buried itself, and if buried, I'd be surprised again if they didn't have metal detectors scanning every inch of property outside the house.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 20520

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Seriously though -- does anyone think there's a problem with the police accessing his computer and using its contents in the case against him?


Not if the subpoena was legally and properly obtained and executed.

exactly.
Why would there be a problem?


Ask the folks with privacy concerns with the whole iPhone/govt thing. I guess if the computer can fit in your pocket and be used to make phone calls different rules apply? Haha.

Just funny how folks were like "Privacy! Privacy! Privacy!" when it comes to their own iPhones but Jared's laptop? Hack away! Haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 15381

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject:

I don't relish in prison "justice," so I personally think it's (bleep) up how people are cheering it on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 40249
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject:

It says a great deal that some people need to completely and deliberately mis-state the issues of the whole FBI/Apple issue in a failed attempt to make a point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 20520

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
It says a great deal that some people need to completely and deliberately mis-state the issues of the whole FBI/Apple issue in a failed attempt to make a point.


You're right. Those issues are separate.

Didn't stop a bunch, and by bunch I understate, of admittedly lefty millennial types from screaming about privacy as it related to the Apple ordeal.

No one was worried about Apple being forced to comply. They were worried about the police/govt seeing their selfie nudes.

Have you already forgotten about the "master key" paranoia??

Cops used a master key to get to Jared's laptop content. So where's the hooplah? Long forgotten as usual.


Last edited by ringfinger on Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 42986
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I don't relish in prison "justice," so I personally think it's (bleep) up how people are cheering it on.

+1 Prison justice underminds what the system was SUPPOSEDLY created for, REHABILITATION.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22148

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject:

http://www.wthr.com/story/32188113/appeals-court-upholds-jared-fogles-prison-sentence

Quote:
Appeals court upholds Jared Fogle's prison sentence


An appeals court has upheld Jared Fogle's sentence on child pornography charges.

The ruling came down Thursday from the 7th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals. Fogle was sentenced in November to more than 15 years in prison in connection with child porn and sex crimes charges.

"In light of the district court’s sound exercise of discretion under the disturbing facts of this case, we uphold the above-guidelines sentence as substantively reasonable," the court wrote.

The former Subway spokesman pleaded guilty to receiving child pornography - some of it created by the former CEO of the Jared Foundation, Russell Taylor. Taylor was sentenced to 27 years in prison after pleading guilty to child exploitation and porn charges.

Fogle is housed at a federal prison in Littleton, Colorado.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mirak
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5090

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Seriously though -- does anyone think there's a problem with the police accessing his computer and using its contents in the case against him?


Not if the subpoena was legally and properly obtained and executed.



You said subpoena.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22148

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject:

http://www.wthr.com/article/jared-fogle-blames-victims-parents

Quote:
Jared Fogle blames victim's parents





INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - Former Subway pitchman Jared Fogle says the parents of one of his victims are, at least in part, to blame for her troubles, and he plans to file suit against them.

In court documents filed Thursday, Fogle claims their bitter divorce, their abuse of their daughter and their lack of supervision caused her “to suffer from emotional distress and depression.” He says that resulted in the girl “engaging in destructive behaviors, including…alcohol abuse, substance abuse, self-mutilation, and suicidal ideation…and sexual activity with multiple partners.”

Fogle says the girl, identified only as Jane Doe from Connersville, was depressed and involved in self-destructive behavior before she learned that she had been secretly recorded without her clothing. Thursday’s filing indicates Fogle plans to argue that because Doe was already depressed and hurting herself before his crimes came to light, that he should not have to pay the price for all of Doe’s emotional distress and trauma.


Fogle, from Zionsville, is now serving more than 15 years in federal prison after pleading guilty to conspiracy to receive child pornography and traveling to have sex with a minor. Fogle’s friend and the former head of Fogle’s foundation, Russell Taylor, is serving 27 years on child pornography charges after admitting he secretly recorded children naked at his home and shared some of those images with Fogle.

Jane Doe filed suit in March against Fogle, Taylor and Taylor’s wife for invasion of privacy and emotional distress and asking for $150,000.

As part of that suit Thursday, Fogle asked a federal judge for approval to bring her parents into the case. He claims he has evidence that Doe’s parents “through their actions, caused or significantly contributed to the injuries and damages alleged by Jane Doe in her Complaint against the Defendants.”

Fogle says Doe’s parents “maintained a hateful and abusive relationship toward each other, which included, but was not limited to, engaging in frequent fighting and arguing between themselves, abusing alcohol and getting drunk; and engaging in frequent fighting, physical abuse, and arguing with Jane Doe, which caused Jane Doe to suffer from emotional distress, anxiety, and major depression before she learned of any allegations involving the Defendants or any acts of the Defendants.”

Fogle also asked for approval to use fictitious names for Doe’s parents in order to protect her privacy.

As of Thursday evening, the court had not ruled on Fogle’s motion.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 40249
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://www.wthr.com/article/jared-fogle-blames-victims-parents

Quote:
Jared Fogle blames victim's parents





INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - Former Subway pitchman Jared Fogle says the parents of one of his victims are, at least in part, to blame for her troubles, and he plans to file suit against them.

In court documents filed Thursday, Fogle claims their bitter divorce, their abuse of their daughter and their lack of supervision caused her “to suffer from emotional distress and depression.” He says that resulted in the girl “engaging in destructive behaviors, including…alcohol abuse, substance abuse, self-mutilation, and suicidal ideation…and sexual activity with multiple partners.”

Fogle says the girl, identified only as Jane Doe from Connersville, was depressed and involved in self-destructive behavior before she learned that she had been secretly recorded without her clothing. Thursday’s filing indicates Fogle plans to argue that because Doe was already depressed and hurting herself before his crimes came to light, that he should not have to pay the price for all of Doe’s emotional distress and trauma.


Fogle, from Zionsville, is now serving more than 15 years in federal prison after pleading guilty to conspiracy to receive child pornography and traveling to have sex with a minor. Fogle’s friend and the former head of Fogle’s foundation, Russell Taylor, is serving 27 years on child pornography charges after admitting he secretly recorded children naked at his home and shared some of those images with Fogle.

Jane Doe filed suit in March against Fogle, Taylor and Taylor’s wife for invasion of privacy and emotional distress and asking for $150,000.

As part of that suit Thursday, Fogle asked a federal judge for approval to bring her parents into the case. He claims he has evidence that Doe’s parents “through their actions, caused or significantly contributed to the injuries and damages alleged by Jane Doe in her Complaint against the Defendants.”

Fogle says Doe’s parents “maintained a hateful and abusive relationship toward each other, which included, but was not limited to, engaging in frequent fighting and arguing between themselves, abusing alcohol and getting drunk; and engaging in frequent fighting, physical abuse, and arguing with Jane Doe, which caused Jane Doe to suffer from emotional distress, anxiety, and major depression before she learned of any allegations involving the Defendants or any acts of the Defendants.”

Fogle also asked for approval to use fictitious names for Doe’s parents in order to protect her privacy.

As of Thursday evening, the court had not ruled on Fogle’s motion.


What a massive POS . . .
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 24378

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Are some still concerned about how this ass clown is treated in prison?


Worthless pos. I hope he gets everything he deserves in prison for a very long time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lowest Merion
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 10517

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:24 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I don't relish in prison "justice," so I personally think it's (bleep) up how people are cheering it on.

+1 Prison justice underminds what the system was SUPPOSEDLY created for, REHABILITATION.


It's not really that simple. This is basically an age old philosophical debate/question about the purpose of incarceration, Jodeke, dating back hundreds of years.

The basic gist is more or less this. Some argue the purpose of incarceration is rehabilitation, some argue punishment, some argue straight justice, some argue deterrence, some argue utilititarianism (keep criminals off the street to keep the public safer - to keep it simple), while some argue some combination of the above or something else entirely different.

My favorite writer/philosopher on the subject is Michel Foucault, a well known but probably underrated French philosopher who died about thirty years ago. If my undergrad memory serves me correctly, and forgive me if it doesn't, and of course this is all subjective, HLA Hart, John Rawls, and even Nietzche to a degree were also quality, albeit not necessarily in depth, contributors/commentators on the topic.

To put it as simply as I can, there really isn't a cut and dry philosophical purpose, (though a given society may embrace one for mere pragmatic reasons or otherwise), for incarceration. A helluva a lot of ink has been spilt by a lot of guys a helluva lot smarter than myself on the subject.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 16720

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
Are some still concerned about how this ass clown is treated in prison?


Worthless pos. I hope he gets everything he deserves in prison for a very long time.


He's a protective custody case. Fogle's fat ass wouldn't last in general population. On the yard during rec with a hundred other inmates of all kinds, he would eventually get stuck. That's real, not just movie or tv drama. EG: When Dahmer and another perv were killed by a 3rd inmate, I remember reading that said 3rd inmate was incorrectly classified when he arrived and shouldn't have been with the population he was in, probably due to assaults on his record and/or the nature of his crime, etc. When he got put on a detail with those other two, that was his chance and he was happy to take it.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Nov 2007
Posts: 10970
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I don't relish in prison "justice," so I personally think it's (bleep) up how people are cheering it on.

+1 Prison justice underminds what the system was SUPPOSEDLY created for, REHABILITATION.


The man had sex with CHILDREN!!

He gets absolutely zero sympathy from me and deserves imho to be beaten repeatedly and die in prison. There is no "rehabilitation" for a pos like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 24378

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I don't relish in prison "justice," so I personally think it's (bleep) up how people are cheering it on.

+1 Prison justice underminds what the system was SUPPOSEDLY created for, REHABILITATION.


The man had sex with CHILDREN!!

He gets absolutely zero sympathy from me and deserves imho to be beaten repeatedly and die in prison. There is no "rehabilitation" for a pos like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
999
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 19706

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I don't relish in prison "justice," so I personally think it's (bleep) up how people are cheering it on.

+1 Prison justice underminds what the system was SUPPOSEDLY created for, REHABILITATION.


The man had sex with CHILDREN!!

He gets absolutely zero sympathy from me and deserves imho to be beaten repeatedly and die in prison. There is no "rehabilitation" for a pos like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22148

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

The ex-wife of disgraced Subway pitchman Jared Fogle is suing the sandwich chain, charging that top executives knew of his pedophilia as early as 2004 and should have notified authorities.

Katie McLaughlin divorced Fogle after he pleaded guilty to federal charges of child pornography and having sex with minors. She alleges in the suit that she and her children suffered emotional distress because Fogle's behavior did not become publicly known before she married him in 2010.

"A responsible corporation would take immediate action when hearing of this behavior, even if it was only allegations," she charges in the suit. "Subway failed every test of corporate responsibility in its response to each of these complaints."

the suit contends that Subway believed that sustaining and expanding its market share, profitability and growth depended on Jared's reputation. "Subway's ambition for sales and growth came at the expense of Katie [and her children]," it says.

At a press conference Monday, cLaughlin said it was "beyond comprehension" to find out that her husband was a child predator, and to also learn that executives had been told of his behavior and did not act. With her voice breaking, she apologized to Fogle's victims and said she was filing the suit to get answers about what Subway knew and when its executives knew it.

"A lot of questions have come up, questions my kids are going to ask my some day," she said. "I will not lie to my kids and I want to be able to answer those questions." She said the suit was the only way she could get those answers.

Related: Bill Cosby, Jared Fogle and other pitchmen gone bad
Subway said it could not comment on pending litigation.
The suit details an instance when a Subway franchisee, Cindy Mills, called the company's then-CEO Jeff Moody in 2008, to alert him about Fogle. She said that Fogle had told her that "he really liked them young," and that he admitted to her that he had had sex with minors from ages 9 to 16.

The suit charges that Moody interrupted Mills and told her "Please don't tell me any more. Don't worry, he has met someone. She is a teacher and he seems to love her very much, and we think she will keep him grounded." Moody told Mills that he had dealt with similar complaints in the past.

The suit says that the teacher that Moody was referring to is in fact McLaughlin.

"Having neither expert knowledge of pedophiles' predatory compulsions nor seeking guidance from experts, Subway made a terribly misguided assumption that Jared's marrying Katie would correct Jared's pedophilia behavior," the suit charges.

The suit also details how Subway subsequently started a campaign to battle childhood obesity that entailed having Fogle visiting elementary schools. It alleges that the company started a campaign depicting Fogle as a family man and used images of McLaughlin and their children without her proper authorization.

Fogle is serving more than 15 years in federal prison. He also agreed to pay 14 of his victims $100,000 each.

The suit asks for compensation for "intentional infliction of emotional distress," but doesn't specify a dollar amount.


http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/24/news...way/index.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 29435

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

I still remember he always brought his footlongs to the CBS Studio for the Sunday Afternoon NFL games......so you have this panel of retired pro football players and accomplished NFL head coaches and this formerly out of shape guy promoting his sandwiches....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1981

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject:

If subway executives knew about his behavior then her ex wife got a case on this lawsuit
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Brain
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 03 Oct 2016
Posts: 515
Location: Avatar courtesy of Jodeke, my friend.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
I don't relish in prison "justice," so I personally think it's (bleep) up how people are cheering it on.

+1 Prison justice underminds what the system was SUPPOSEDLY created for, REHABILITATION.


The man had sex with CHILDREN!!

He gets absolutely zero sympathy from me and deserves imho to be beaten repeatedly and die in prison. There is no "rehabilitation" for a pos like that.


The destruction of anyone who harms children, especially sexually, is a necessity that must be executed.
_________________
"Believe what you want, you're going to believe it anyway."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30387

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
If subway executives knew about his behavior then her ex wife got a case on this lawsuit



I disagree. I doubt that Subway is required to disclose potential sex crimes of its employees or consultants to their spouses. However I imagine there could be a possible civil action if Jared Fogle was visiting schools on a Subway-sponsored promotional tour, and during that tour he did or said something inappropriate to one of the kids. Think about the converse; what if the allegation was wrong, and Subway had informed the wife who then divorced Jared Fogle. Would you then find Subway responsible in a legal action, and subject to monetary damages?

This sounds like a nuisance suit, probably one in which she hopes that Subway will pay her off. I just don't see monetary damages, and I don't see a requirement where Subway should inform her of any alleged misconduct. She's neither customer nor employee, so there's really no direct relationship. However if Subway cannot get the case immediately dismissed, I do see them possibly paying her off, rather than having to make some embarrassing public disclosures.

Perhaps a lawyer could chime in here with a more informed opinion.


Last edited by angrypuppy on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 20520

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
If subway executives knew about his behavior then her ex wife got a case on this lawsuit



I disagree. I doubt that Subway is required to disclose potential sex crimes of its employees or consultants to their spouses. However I imagine there could be a possible civil action if Jared Fogle was visiting schools on a Subway-sponsored promotional tour, and during that tour he did or said something inappropriate to one of the kids.

This sounds like a nuisance suit, probably one in which she hopes that Subway will pay her off. I just don't see monetary damages, and I don't see a requirement where Subway should inform her of any alleged misconduct. She's neither customer nor employee, so there's really no direct relationship. However if Subway cannot get the case immediately dismissed, I do see them possibly paying her off, rather than having to make some embarrassing public disclosures.

Perhaps a lawyer could chime in here with a more informed opinion.


I agree with you. Her "emotional distress" would have occurred either way wouldn't it? Unless she is arguing the distress was caused by the company not revealing what they knew. But if the distress was caused by her own husbands disgusting actions, then, how would she not have experienced it if the company had just told her about it? I guess my point is, she would have experienced the emotional distress regardless of whether the company knew or not, because the distress is related to her husbands actions not the actions of the company.

The people who have a case, if the company knew about it, would be any and all of the victims' families after the vile behavior was made aware to the company executives.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB