Report: Jordan may back out of his deal with Dallas (ESPN) (update: Jordan signed with Clippers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Floyd24NDLAL wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
Karma aside, this move by dj is really a bad president.
The NBA must do something to end Cuban's sufferring.
Imagine dj had a verbal commitment with us.
There would be a war on the streets of LA.

I'm sure the NBA will make a new rule for the next CBA after what DJ did lol.

They don't change the hacka rule because it only effects DAJ and a cpl other guys, why would they change this rule because it only effected DAJ?

On a more serious note, what do you think the breakdown of teams who would be waiting for free agents to sign with them vs free agents of their own signing with other teams? I'd guess the small market teams would be mostly the latter and since they hold the vote numbers....

Last edited by Telleris on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

This is brilliant. The Mavs are screwed because their rebuilding plans are in shambles. The Clippers are screwed because they just got forced to go all-in on DeAndre Freaking Jordan, even though he just revealed himself to be weak minded and immature. I'm loving it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject:

If Mavs jump up the draft and get the #1 pick next year, I won't be happy. It'll be Cleveland all over again. League bailing out a non-Laker franchise when they "get screwed".
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Floyd24NDLAL wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:

I'm sure the NBA will make a new rule for the next CBA after what DJ did lol.

Naw. The union loves this. This will serve as a lesson for teams in the future. You have to play to the whistle. Someone from the Mavs should have been sitting in DAJ's house until the ink was on the paper. Just watch what happens from here on out.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
This is brilliant. The Mavs are screwed because their rebuilding plans are in shambles. The Clippers are screwed because they just got forced to go all-in on DeAndre Freaking Jordan, even though he just revealed himself to be weak minded and immature. I'm loving it.

They can put that KD pipe away also.

Doc looks bad as well, when you combine it with his "mutual exit" from the Celtics.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
As the Clippers GM, Doc might be screwing himself on future dealings.

If I was another GM/team owner, I would refuse to deal with Doc or the Clippers.

I know a couple of Mavs fans and the reason they are upset is not so much that Jordan changed his mind, it's that he waited until the last minute and screwed them out of landing alternatives.

Think if LMA had strung us along all the way to the very end like Melo did last year.

This was a fair bit worse...he agreed to sign with them, and they suspended pursuit of other free agents.

You can focus your hate on Cuban...and I'd understand, but consider that the Lakers could easily have been the mark here.

Also the Clippers behavior up until the end was disgusting, bush league (bleep). Typical stuff you'd expect from a tool like Doc.

Personally if I was a GM, I wouldn't have a care in the world about who I was trading with. The only reason I'd be making a trade with anyone is because it made my team better. The only way Doc is hurt by you refusing to trade with him is if you were planning on making one sided deals in his favor. I'd be trying to rip him off
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I know this will go on deaf ears, but last year and in 2013 when people were so upset with Dwight and Melo, I was talking about them no where near taking it to the extreme that LBJ or others have. And DeAndre just took it to another extreme.

These FA sweepstakes are insane. I really don't like it, and I wish things would go back to how they were 20 years ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Can Cuban sue?

Old_School_JWest wrote:
From Forbes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2015/07/08/will-mark-cuban-sue-the-clippers-if-deandre-jordan-changes-his-mind/

If Cuban decides to take legal action against the Clippers and/or its executives, he would have to prove that the actions of the team’s executives amounted to something more than simply competing for Jordan . Neither the Mavericks nor the Clippers were entitled to sign Jordan during the moratorium period, but did competition turn to interference once Jordan committed to the Mavericks?

If the Clippers’ conduct is deemed mere competition, then the unfairness of losing Jordan would not be actionable. However, if Cuban could prove something above and beyond mere negotiations, then he may have a claim. Cuban would not necessarily be required to demonstrate that a contract would have certainly been made with Jordan but for the interference; he would be obligated to at least show that the contract was reasonable probable — a burden Cuban should be able to satisfy.

Expect there to be some fireworks if Jordan decides to change his mind and sign with the Clippers. Despite the fact that it may not be appropriately regulated by the NBA, it could be an issue that Cuban decides to bring to court.

The Clippers will file against Cuban for tampering if he pursues it.
Variant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Nothing illegal about any of this. Open season on negotiations all the way through the moratorium.

What's shady is DJ not being a man in how he handled things. If you're going to tell someone that you'll do one thing, you at least owe them the courtesy of the same when you change your mind. Dude's only 26 and clearly has self confidence problems so I guess it's kinda par for the course. Mavs shoulda sniffed that out ... on them dealing with someone so fragile.

As others have said, probably backfires on the Clips. Not like this magically solves all the ego problems. And though they didn't do anything wrong, there are going to be a lot of people rooting against them now that were ambivalent before by associating themselves with such tactics... karma's a (bleep).
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Hey Mark, rewind back to December 2011.

Doesn't feel so good when you're on the other side of one of those (bleep) up screw job deals eh?
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Variant wrote:
Nothing illegal about any of this. Open season on negotiations all the way through the moratorium.

What's shady is DJ not being a man in how he handled things. If you're going to tell someone that you'll do one thing, you at least owe them the courtesy of the same when you change your mind. Dude's only 26 and clearly has self confidence problems so I guess it's kinda par for the course. Mavs shoulda sniffed that out ... on them dealing with someone so fragile.

Just a question, if you felt you were manipulated into making a decision and your whole family was telling you that, would you let them know? i'm not sure i would because i'd probably believe they didn't deserve that level of respect. Respect is earned not given.
Variant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
Variant wrote:

Just a question, if you felt you were manipulated into making a decision and your whole family was telling you that, would you let them know? i'm not sure i would because i'd probably believe they didn't deserve that level of respect. Respect is earned not given.

I can understand the emotions that got him into the spot he was in (allegedly -- we don't know the whole story), but regardless of how shady or not shady the other side is, you can still control what you do. DJ acted here as many of us would probably also do -- immaturely and in a way that he hoped would avoid the uncomfortableness of confrontation. Hopefully he learns from it as LeBronze did after his debacle...
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Brandon98 wrote:
Hey Mark, rewind back to December 2011.

Doesn't feel so good when you're on the other side of one of those (bleep) up screw job deals eh?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

I don't see why Doc looks bad. DJ has trouble making up his mind so why risk leaving him until he signs that contract?
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Talking about the messes:

1. Cp3 to lakers
2. Dj to mavs
3. The decision
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:35 am    Post subject:

LOL Mavericks they bagged Zaza Pachulia as a consolation and are looking to get a washed up piece of (bleep) Deron Williams
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:

Which one? Carter? Bush 1 or 2? Harding?

j/k
Old_School_JWest
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:16 am    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:

At first I had to do a search to make sure I didn't miss anything about Jordan such as; what is he president of, the union, the team, the country lol, etc...

Do you mean the move by DJ sets a bad precedent? Sorry, I just have to ask because I can't find any information about DJ as the union president.........................
Old_School_JWest
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject:

HeatCandela wrote:
LOL Mavericks they bagged Zaza Pachulia as a consolation and are looking to get a washed up piece of (bleep) Deron Williams :rofl:

I've always wondered what the heck happened to D. Williams and after doing a google search I pretty much came up with this; he really never put up great numbers and never lived up to the hype.

Your thoughts?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject:

Old_School_JWest wrote:
HeatCandela wrote:
LOL Mavericks they bagged Zaza Pachulia as a consolation and are looking to get a washed up piece of (bleep) Deron Williams

I've always wondered what the heck happened to D. Williams and after doing a google search I pretty much came up with this; he really never put up great numbers and never lived up to the hype.

Your thoughts?

DWill was best PG for a while. he turned to crap when he was traded to the Nets, and started getting fat.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:

Why is everything Obama's fault?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:

Why is everything Obama's fault?

I see what you did there.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: