Prediction: Lakers lose to Hornets in OKC (Sat Feb 4th)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Prediction: Lakers lose to Hornets in OKC (Sat Feb 4th)

Prediction: Lakers lose to Hornets in OKC

Hornets are breathing down the Lakers neck for the 7th spot in the playoff standings. Who knew?

Lakers will get another W against the Bobcats. However, Lakers will run into an L in OKC. (“not so” Bold Prediction) Keep in mind, I now live in OKC and will be at the Hornets game wearing my Kobe jersey and cheering for the Lakers.

Reasons…

Lakers 6th game in 9-nights
Lakers 2nd game in a back-to-back (Lakers struggle in these games)
Chris Paul will own Smush and Sasha
David West will own Kwame, Cook and Odom
Desmond Mason does a decent job defending Kobe
Lakers record on the road 12-13
Hornets record at home 14-8
Hornets wins in OKC include (Kings, Timberwolves, 76ers, Clippers, Spurs, Rockets (w/ TMac), Heat, Grizzles, Bucks and Bulls)

Let the bashing begin...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject:

Geeeezzzzuuussss the lights are really getting dim in here now! We are now resorting to doom and gloom in advance!!!
This site may need to be changed soon to DRAMA QUEEN CENTRAL

I say the Lakers win and, with absolutely a unanimous decision. Ya'll take loses wwwwaaaayyyy to seriously!
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Geeeezzzzuuussss the lights are really getting dim in here now! We are now resorting to doom and gloom in advance!!!

I say the Lakers win and, with absolutely a unanimous decision. Ya'll take loses wwwwaaaayyyy to seriously!

I was a loss againt a Jermaineless Indiana team

Thanx to your buddy Lamar and his great defense against Peja
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject:

With JO, and jamal out then Stephen Jackson getting carried off the court there was no excuse for a Lakers loss. NO EXCUSE. This was a game they had to have. I didn't get to see the game but I hope it wasn't totally the Lakers fault (i.e. did the refs have anything to do with it?). I thought the Lakers would go 4-3 this trip w/ losses to Detroit, Dallas, and NO/Oklahoma; now they may go 3-4. Unbelievible!
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
With JO, and jamal out then Stephen Jackson getting carried off the court there was no excuse for a Lakers loss. NO EXCUSE. This was a game they had to have. I didn't get to see the game but I hope it wasn't totally the Lakers fault (i.e. did the refs have anything to do with it?). I thought the Lakers would go 4-3 this trip w/ losses to Detroit, Dallas, and NO/Oklahoma; now they may go 3-4. Unbelievible!

Lamar playing defense on Peja is a good factor for out last stupid loss
KingKoBE_8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

This is horrible as it is already there is no reason why we should lose to weak teams and the eastern conference itself. There are only 3 teams in the East that can actually compete for the finals and thats Pistons, Heat, and Cavs. Come on guys this team needs to show up and show the NBA they are a factor in the league.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject:

KingKoBE_8 wrote:
This is horrible as it is already there is no reason why we should lose to weak teams and the eastern conference itself. There are only 3 teams in the East that can actually compete for the finals and thats Pistons, Heat, and Cavs. Come on guys this team needs to show up and show the NBA they are a factor in the league.

I don't care about losing to Detroit, Cleveland or Miami in a road trip, maybe New Jersey. But losing to a Jermaineless indiana team it's just horrible !
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject:

The hornets are playing some solid ball, and any team can beat us on the road so this game will be no different. I predicted 3-4 on the road trip but I hope Im wrong and the guys can make 4-3, but 5-2 is going to be real difficult at this point.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
I didn't get to see the game but I hope it wasn't totally the Lakers fault (i.e. did the refs have anything to do with it?)

They lost. It's their fault. The refs never have anything to do with it, but they especially didn't last night. Shooting 30% from the field had everything to do with it.

And no, it wasn't Lamar's defense on Peja that was the problem. It was Lamar's and Kobe's and everyone else's poor shooting that was the problem. If everyone that played (that's all 12 guys) had converted just one more shot each, the Lakers still would have been shooting a worse percentage than the Pacers (who only shot 46% as it is). It was a tough night and it seemed to be contagious.

If you wanna complain about defense, Indiana's only inside presence was a stiff named Jeff Foster whose point total was 3 times his career PPG total.
heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject:

Now we are predicting losses in advance. Way to waste your time.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Prediction: Lakers lose to Hornets in OKC (Sat Feb 4th)

iml84myd8s wrote:

Hornets are breathing down the Lakers neck for the 7th spot in the playoff standings. Who knew?

Lakers will get another W against the Bobcats. However, Lakers will run into an L in OKC. (“not so” Bold Prediction) Keep in mind, I now live in OKC and will be at the Hornets game wearing my Kobe jersey and cheering for the Lakers.

Reasons…

Hornets wins in OKC include (Kings, Timberwolves, 76ers, Clippers, Spurs, Rockets (w/ TMac), Heat, Grizzles, Bucks and Bulls)

Let the bashing begin...

Dude I dont care who we are playing or when we are playing I always predict the Lakers winning. Its almost against my nature to do otherwise.
LakersRBack21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately i agree with you. I think theyre gonna drop that one to the BUGS!!!! THeyre pretty tough at home.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

If this team has proven anything so far, it is that they are 100% absolutely UNpredictable.

If anyone had the time, patience and desire to do it, one could possibly extract some clues out of the games played thus far. There are probably a few match-ups, maybe only one or two in a game, that the Lakers couldn't get on top of, in the losses, and those types of match-ups aren't present in the wins.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

Damn right, bro. This is getting to be like a Clippers site with some people. They seem to forget we're the Lakers, not some crappy franchise.

^^ Farmar

gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

How about we forget about that horrible game last night and focus on Friday's game. I know it was the worst game we've played all year, but things happen. All we can do is move on. Every team has horrible nights like the Lakers did and any team could upset another...that's why they play. We have 4 more games on this trip, let's take care of business...
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
KingKoBE_8 wrote:

I don't care about losing to Detroit, Cleveland or Miami in a road trip, maybe New Jersey. But losing to a Jermaineless indiana team it's just horrible !

How many more times are people going to underestimate a Carlisle coached team?? Remember how far they went last year??? They out-hustled the Lakers....They beat us pretty bad but what do you guys expect? We're the YOUNGEST team in the league....absolutely no thirty year old veterans (save for McKie) This team just needs some energy (hello Bynum and Turiaf) And STOP with all this Odom-hate nonsense....He was never going to be a second option (but a very good third option) But man, Granger is fast becoming a stud....Imagine if we had that pick from the Pacers??
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject:

I said in the road trip thread that the Lakers having winning record on this trip would be a toss up due to this game.

The Hornets are playing well and have a very good PG. More importantly, they are coming back home for the first time

So IMO The Hornets game decides if it's 4-3 or 3-4 on the Road Trip.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobe_Please_Stay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Prediction: Lakers lose to Hornets in OKC (Sat Feb 4th)

iml84myd8s wrote:

Reasons…

Let the bashing begin...

What a way to be optimistic!
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject:

Lakers - 102
Hornets - 96

(this is the first prediction thread I've seen where there is a prediction in the title.)
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

This just for fun...

I know everyone's worked up. So am I. Since I now live in this wind factor of a state, I've adopted the Hornets since my birth child (Lakers) now seem as distant as Kansas was to Dorthy (a little tornado humor, it seemed fitting).

I have NO doubt that the Hornets rock the Lakers tomorrow in OKC. Nevertheless, I'll be wearing my Kobe jersey as I get my a$$ ripped by the OKC fans.

Yet, I'll back my predicition with anyone who wants to make this game interesting. If the Lakers win, I will not post in LG for a month. However, this is ONLY if someone accepts my challenge. If someone does, they cannot post in LG for two weeks if the Hornets win. I'm in the giving mood, so consider it 2:1 odds in your favor.

Let me know by dropping a post in this thread.

Honestly, I've been torn about this game for the past month after going to all the Hornets game and getting to know guys like CP3, PJ, West and Mason. I'll be crushed if the Lakers lose. However, after losing to the b o b c a t s, nothing can hurt worse than what I felt tonight. So... I'm making it interesting.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject:

a lot are eating crow...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
This just for fun...

I know everyone's worked up. So am I. Since I now live in this wind factor of a state, I've adopted the Hornets since my birth child (Lakers) now seem as distant as Kansas was to Dorthy (a little tornado humor, it seemed fitting).

I have NO doubt that the Hornets rock the Lakers tomorrow in OKC. Nevertheless, I'll be wearing my Kobe jersey as I get my a$$ ripped by the OKC fans.

Yet, I'll back my predicition with anyone who wants to make this game interesting. If the Lakers win, I will not post in LG for a month. However, this is ONLY if someone accepts my challenge. If someone does, they cannot post in LG for two weeks if the Hornets win. I'm in the giving mood, so consider it 2:1 odds in your favor.

Honestly, I've been torn about this game for the past month after going to all the Hornets game and getting to know guys like CP3, PJ, West and Mason. I'll be crushed if the Lakers lose. However, after losing to the b o b c a t s, nothing can hurt worse than what I felt tonight. So... I'm making it interesting.

What is the point of your post? You are betting people that the lakers lose? You're a moron, and a jerk. If it were up to me, i would ban you from the site, just on sheer stupidity. No one wants you as a laker fan. You can ride your bandwagon right out of town, you pathetic loser.

Lock this idiotic thread.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Hornets win by a comfortable 10. They'll pretty easily outplay a heartless Laker team.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
iml84myd8s wrote:
This just for fun...

What is the point of your post? You are betting people that the lakers lose? You're a moron, and a jerk. If it were up to me, i would ban you from the site, just on sheer stupidity. No one wants you as a laker fan. You can ride your bandwagon right out of town, you pathetic loser.

Lock this idiotic thread.

He's just trying to make a point. If you want him gone, take him up on his challenge and he won't post for a month. If you don't think they'll beat the Hornets either, then I guess that says something too.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I am happy to take on your pathetic challenge. just in the hope that you will leave the site. In fact, let's make it for a year. If the Lakers win, you don't come back for a year.

Make it ever.

You pathetic troll.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: