B'Cast delay: Does it ruin the experience for you?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

B'Cast delay: Does it ruin the experience for you?
Absolutely!
40%
 40%  [ 22 ]
Rather have it live, but I can cope..
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Doesn't matter, either way.
18%
 18%  [ 10 ]
No, delayed games let me see from the beginning.
27%
 27%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 54

re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: B'Cast delay: Does it ruin the experience for you?

OK, I have a feeling that for most this is not a problem, but some seem unduly upset. What do you all think?
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

yes it effects my other primetime recordings and i have to leave for work before the game is finished because of the delay.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

bump for Now_I_Know:
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject:

Ruins the whole feel of the game...Sports were meant to be seen live. I can't understand why someone would prefer a delayed feed over a live one, especially with inventions like the VCR, and more recently TiVo...
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject:

It did when I lived on the left coast.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:

I hate it. Seeing a game knowing it's not live takes away all the excitement for me; besides, I can't resist logging on and finding out the score. Like peeking at a Christmas present a couple days early...
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject:

It only ruins it for the people that cant live without the internet for a few hours.

Why do people need to sit at the computer and watch the game @ the same time?
Its very simple. Dont look @ the boxscores, dont log onto LG, dont go to espn.

Normal game time is @ 7:30... a 5pm start time is stil 2 hours sooner than normal.

Some people work for a living and cant watch a basketball @ 4pm in the afternoon.
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

bambam wrote:
It only ruins it for the people that cant live without the internet for a few hours.

Normal game time is @ 7:30... a 5pm start time is stil 2 hours sooner than normal.

Some people work for a living and cant watch a basketball @ 4pm in the afternoon.

That's what TiVo is for...And also, they replay the games late at night ANY damn way. It's simple to pretend the game is live when you have a simple mind...
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject:

http://new.petitiononline.com/Sccit818/petition.html
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Obviously the people sitting in front of their thousand dollar computers that their parents paid for (since they don't have a job) are going to be upset about the delay since they're home at that time of day. They're just a minority. Just remember this kids, money makes the world go 'round. No amount of whining will ever change that.
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Obviously the people sitting in front of their thousand dollar computers that their parents paid for (since they don't have a job) are going to be upset about the delay since they're home at that time of day. They're just a minority. Just remember this kids, money makes the world go 'round. No amount of whining will ever change that.

What does it matter? They shouldn't scheduele Lakers broadcasts around peoples working hours. EVERYONE WORKS AT DIFFERENT TIMES! What about someone who works the night shift from 8 PM to 4 AM?...Maybe we should delay home games until the next morning for them. It just doesn't make sense to delay anything. They should leave everything live, and people who have a scheduel at that time need to find their OWN way to work around it (TiVo, VCR, etc.)...
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject:

The only problem for me is that I like to watch the stats while I watch the game. Gives me a fuller idea of what is going on, rather than hoping the announcers just happen to mention what I'm interested in. However, the tape delayed broadcasts only serve to highlight a deficiency in the online stats software: lack of a delay feature. Hopefully, I will be in a position to change that soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

What does it matter? They shouldn't scheduele Lakers broadcasts around peoples working hours. EVERYONE WORKS AT DIFFERENT TIMES! What about someone who works the night shift from 8 PM to 4 AM?...Maybe we should delay home games until the next morning for them. It just doesn't make sense to delay anything. They should leave everything live, and people who have a scheduel at that time need to find their OWN way to work around it (TiVo, VCR, etc.)...

Like I said in the other thread, the majority of U.S. working citizens work from 9 to 5. If you can't understand that broadcasting the game a half hour after most viewers get out of work increases ratings and revenue, then there is nothing that will get through to you. But you being in the minority, I applaud your attempt to petition your heart out. That's the American way.
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Man, the point is the games are delayed...there's nothing we can do about it at this moment but sign that petition and hope. Everyone needs to save their words cuz it is how it is...period.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
I hate it. Seeing a game knowing it's not live takes away all the excitement for me; besides, I can't resist logging on and finding out the score. Like peeking at a Christmas present a couple days early...
Well, Tony, in the movie industry it's called "Suspension of Disbelief", I mean you go to a movie, and you KNOW it's all make-believe (like pro wrestling), but you follow the story as a pseudo-reality. You choole to forget that "it's only a movie", taped delay is similar, just don't think about whether i's live or not.
Boognish
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Well, Tony, in the movie industry it's called "Suspension of Disbelief", I mean you go to a movie, and you KNOW it's all make-believe (like pro wrestling), but you follow the story as a pseudo-reality. You choole to forget that "it's only a movie", taped delay is similar, just don't think about whether i's live or not.

I agree. I too thought of the movie anology.

Get some god damned self-control! What do you mean you can't resist checking the score online? Just don't do it. It's called self-control. Don't blame others for what you are lacking.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Boognish wrote:
Quote:

Get some god damned self-control! What do you mean you can't resist checking the score online? Just don't do it. It's called self-control. Don't blame others for what you are lacking.

senator kobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject:

I know I was glad last nights game vs. Indy was delayed.

Checked the score and went out with the gf instead.

I know, I know... not being a good Laker fan... yada yada yda.
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Like I said in the other thread, the majority of U.S. working citizens work from 9 to 5. If you can't understand that broadcasting the game a half hour after most viewers get out of work increases ratings and revenue, then there is nothing that will get through to you. But you being in the minority, I applaud your attempt to petition your heart out. That's the American way.

I understand. But where does viewer satisfaction step in? Most their ratings are coming in from angry people who rather watch it live. The other portion are either not big enough fans to realize it's delayed and just have their TV on channel 9 or are actually selfish enough to be pleased that KCal has catered to them and ruined it for thousands of others so that they don't have to get a TiVo and KCal gets higher ratings...Above all that, there is a program block, which can EASILY be removed if KCal agrees to make EVERYONE satisfied.
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Boognish wrote:
Quote:

See. To me it's a little different. I'm a BIG fan, Lakers isn't like a damn movie to me. It's NOT make-believe like movies and wrestling...I'd prefer to know the real... in other words, I'd prefer to know whether they won or lost right when it happens. I'm a realistic person, and whether they win or lose means a lot to me...That's why I'm like Eff Tape-delay.
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Looks like I was right
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:

I seldom get home in time even to watch the games on tape delay anymore, so it doesn't affect me one way or the other, but then it never did, even when I had a job that involved normal hours. I could go out to dinner, set the vcr, and watch the game after I got home. And someone could tell me the score before I watched it and it still woudn't deter me from watching it or enjoying it, if it was a good game.

I even got in the habit of taping the games even if I was home to watch them, in case I got a phone call or dozed off during the game (which sometimes happens as one gets older, I've found).

What ruins games for me is bad defense, and that's true whether I'm watching it as it occurs or watching it a week after the fact.

Am I weird?
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
bambam wrote:

That's what TiVo is for...And also, they replay the games late at night ANY damn way. It's simple to pretend the game is live when you have a simple mind...

That's what NBA League Pass is for. For you rich people who must have everything live, go and buy that rather than making us working people get TiVo.
Colby Briant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject:

senator kobe wrote:
I know I was glad last nights game vs. Indy was delayed.

Checked the score and went out with the gf instead.

I know, I know... not being a good Laker fan... yada yada yda.

i did the same exact thing. when games are tape delayed i just go online and see the outcome and if the lakers are getting blown out or i find the game has ended in a loss, i dont watch the broadcast.

call me a bad laker fan too, but the delay dont work for me. im the type that just needs to know the live score. im not going to try and kid myself that the game is live. sports is meant to be watched live. no other way to do it. this day and age, with new technology like the internet and DVR/Tivo, just show the games live. i understand the business/revenue part of it so i dont get all bent out of shape because of it. it is what it is.

but let the network consider that there are people like me that refuse to watch the game on delay. so they lose me as a viewer. i havnt watched one delayed game this year. another thing to consider is there are lots of people who would rather just watch the second half only anyway. by the time the second half starts, theyll be back from work. problem solved.

those that dont mind delayed games probably wont mind taping the game if they want to see the begining that bad. if that doesnt work, then why not just show the game live and do a rebroadcast right away around 7:00?

The game should be shown live. i dont want to get league pass. that shouldnt be my burden. whoever wants to see it on delay should get Tivo. watching laker games live is my god given right damnit.
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Now_I_Know wrote:
Looks like I was right

Looks like you think that an entirely unscientific poll means anything, even though - as I write this - 59% of the respondents say that they can cope with it or even prefer it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: