B'Cast delay: Does it ruin the experience for you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

B'Cast delay: Does it ruin the experience for you?
Absolutely!
40%
 40%  [ 22 ]
Rather have it live, but I can cope..
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Doesn't matter, either way.
18%
 18%  [ 10 ]
No, delayed games let me see from the beginning.
27%
 27%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 54

Colby Briant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject:

thedude1977 wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
Looks like I was right

Looks like you think that an entirely unscientific poll means anything, even though - as I write this - 59% of the respondents say that they can cope with it or even prefer it.

still, 53% at this piont would rather see the game live. thats a pretty big chunk. surely its not representative of the casual working laker fan who watches these games on tv but i wouldnt be surprised if they took a scientific poll, and the number was as high as 35-40% in favor of showing the games live. say you even have a margin of error -20 on the poll here at LG, thats still a pretty high number.

i should add that i am a working person myself and would miss the first quarter and part of the second half of the game if they showed it live. i still would rather see a live game.
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject:

Colby Briant wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
Now_I_Know wrote:
Looks like I was right

Looks like you think that an entirely unscientific poll means anything, even though - as I write this - 59% of the respondents say that they can cope with it or even prefer it.

still, 53% at this piont would rather see the game live. thats a pretty big chunk. surely its not representative of the casual working laker fan who watches these games on tv but i wouldnt be surprised if they took a scientific poll, and the number was as high as 35-40% in favor of showing the games live. say you even have a margin of error -20 on the poll here at LG, thats still a pretty high number.

i should add that i am a working person myself and would miss the first quarter and part of the second half of the game if they showed it live. i still would rather see a live game.

The thing is, we already know what people want. It is reflected in the difference between the KCAL ratings when they broadcast the 4:00 games live and when they reverted back to the delayed games.

A 3% 'majority' on an unscientific poll doen't mean anything. Obviously that vocal minority of lakers fans are going to be more likely to self-report to a poll than someone who doesn't care . . .like me.

I wasn't objecting to the preference of some to see the game live. What I was objecting to was the lie that 'he was right.'
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:

Colby Briant wrote:
senator kobe wrote:
I know I was glad last nights game vs. Indy was delayed.

Checked the score and went out with the gf instead.

I know, I know... not being a good Laker fan... yada yada yda.

i did the same exact thing. when games are tape delayed i just go online and see the outcome and if the lakers are getting blown out or i find the game has ended in a loss, i dont watch the broadcast.

call me a bad laker fan too, but the delay dont work for me. im the type that just needs to know the live score. im not going to try and kid myself that the game is live. sports is meant to be watched live. no other way to do it. this day and age, with new technology like the internet and DVR/Tivo, just show the games live. i understand the business/revenue part of it so i dont get all bent out of shape because of it. it is what it is.

but let the network consider that there are people like me that refuse to watch the game on delay. so they lose me as a viewer. i havnt watched one delayed game this year. another thing to consider is there are lots of people who would rather just watch the second half only anyway. by the time the second half starts, theyll be back from work. problem solved.

those that dont mind delayed games probably wont mind taping the game if they want to see the begining that bad. if that doesnt work, then why not just show the game live and do a rebroadcast right away around 7:00?

The game should be shown live. i dont want to get league pass. that shouldnt be my burden. whoever wants to see it on delay should get Tivo. watching laker games live is my god given right damnit.

Agreed - I'd rather watch on-line or listen to the game live. I never watch the delayed telecasts, unless I know something dramatic has taken place (Lakers comeback win) - and even then it's only the 2nd half. Even the Clippers show their games live.
circusmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

I hate it when it's delayed because somehow, some way I always find out the live score (by internet, other channels on TV, or by some person), and knowing the outcome takes out ALL the suspense. And if the Lakers are going to lose, I don't even watch the rest.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Brazil to Show Live NBA Games on Internet
Quote:
NBA Latin America said Globoesporte.com will air two matches a week starting with Tuesday's match between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Dallas Mavericks. A subscription will cost fans about US$5 (euro4) per month.
There you go, no need to debate, here's your cure to the taped-delay b'casts.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Who cares about the damn tape delay, KCAL needs to fix their video quality before they change anything. I'm afraid I might develop some kind of eye cancer from watching away games all the time.
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Pre-Tivo I used to hate it. Now with Tivo I never watch any of the games live anyway so it doesn't matter. I'm much more upset that neither KCAL nor Fox Sports West show the games in HD in LA.

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Walter Sobchak"]Pre-Tivo I used to hate it. Now with Tivo I never watch any of the games live anyway so it doesn't matter. I'm much more upset that neither KCAL nor Fox Sports West show the games in HD in LA.[/quote]THAT, I agree with, wholeheartedly!
C. M. Burns
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Hey, you're all invited to my house for a taped Super Bowl party! There'll be tape delayed pizza, tape delayed chicken wings, & taped delayed beer for all to enjoy. Watching a taped game doesn't alter the excitement of a live sporting event at all, nope.

The party starts at 4:30 PST.
C. M. Burns
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Oh, I just realized that some of you won't be able to make it because you get home till about 5:30.

Since I really sympathize with such selfless people who were unfortunately forced into a 9-5 job schedule, I'll reschedule the party to f**k-you o'clock.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

C. M. Burns wrote:
Oh, I just realized that some of you won't be able to make it because you get home till about 5:30.

Since I really sympathize with such selfless people who were unfortunately forced into a 9-5 job schedule, I'll reschedule the party to f**k-you o'clock.

Wow, great argument. Nice bypassing of the filter. We'll see you in a week.
Cut La Rock
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Walter Sobchak wrote:
Pre-Tivo I used to hate it. Now with Tivo I never watch any of the games live anyway so it doesn't matter. I'm much more upset that neither KCAL nor Fox Sports West show the games in HD in LA.

I feel the same exact way. I almost always watch my tivo recording of the game......I'll start about 45 minutes after tip-off, bypass all of the commercials and catch up to see the end of the game live. Or I'll just wait till later in the night and blast through the whole game. Its much better this way.....I don't have to see Carl's Jr. "Milkshake" commercial 10 times a game.
Walter Sobchak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Cut La Rock wrote:
Walter Sobchak wrote:

I feel the same exact way. I almost always watch my tivo recording of the game......I'll start about 45 minutes after tip-off, bypass all of the commercials and catch up to see the end of the game live. Or I'll just wait till later in the night and blast through the whole game. Its much better this way.....I don't have to see Carl's Jr. "Milkshake" commercial 10 times a game.

Exactly. Mr. Burns doesn't realize that the excitement is still there for a game you watch after it's aired if you don't know the outcome. I don't listen to the radio on my way home from work, I just get home at about 7:30 or so and start the game and finish it when I get to the end after skipping all the commercials and the halftime and all that and I still bite my knuckles at the end if it's a close game. I have to say, I really like when it is a close game that I can just skip through the commercials and even fast forward during dead balls and free throws and just hurry up and get to the action, cause the suspense really is a killer in tight game situations!

Just a reminder folks: "a lot" is two words. So is "no one".
Now_I_Know
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

LOL. Some of the posters here are hilarious. Someone even told me to get League Pass to watch the games live...LMAO. I won, man...You set up the poll, most of the fans voted absolutely. I know for a FACT that way more fans would prefer to watch the games live. More people watch TV at 5:30 PM than at 4:00 PM, OF COURSE the ratings will be higher...Delay it until 7:30 PM, and I bet the ratings will be even higher than they currently are...Point is, you shouldn't be forced to watch your team delayed, especially when you're dealing with one of the biggest franchises in sports...You can argue it all you want, but it DOES ruin the excitement for me, as well as thousands of others...PeACe
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather see the results so I know what to pay attention to during the game.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: