Peja is better than Odom.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
DP -- I know hate is an exaggerated word as you've said but reading the post messages of others, it seems LO doesn't do anything right for them.

That's just the usual static you get on a sports message board. People tend to be overly dramatic, both in criticizing a player and in praising a player.

Quote:
DP -- My point is, LO is a Laker right now, nothing we can do about it whether we complain and complain about his game (we're only hearing these whinings whenever the Lakers lost, huh?). I am not saying he's playing great basketabll, which he is not. But to demand to trade LO everytime Lakers lost a game isn't right anymore)

I can assure you that the criticisms of Odom are not limited to the day after a loss. When Odom has a bad game, you'll see a rash of anti-Odom posts. That's just natural. But the "trade Odom" movement has been gathering steam for months.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
If he were, why would David Aldridge report that the Kings offered Peja and B-Jax for LO last season at deadline?

Peja is better at LO at one thing.

Shooting.

weak argument. When Peja played next to a superstar CWEb, someone who atracted a lot of attention he excelled. Playing next to kobe would free him up a bit more than say Bibby. Peja has proven to thrive as a second LO has proven to wilt

So he'll score more points? Agreed.

Does that make him better? In your mind - yes. In mine - No.

Because there's still ballhandling, rebounding and weakside shotblocking to account for.

More points is good yes but not the only aspect he brings.

Would he not draw a million times more attention than LO? yes. Could you dare him to shoot like LO? NO. Does he work into position without the ball?Yes. Was he not considered a solid passer ? Yes. Assts. on the Kings were tougher to come by b/c EVERYONE passed. Hes 6'9, he can board but never had to. He is an IMPACT PLAYER. LO aint.
All of these traits make it easier for KOBE. Your LO qualities are make believe. From what Im starting to see, smush and Kobe are bringing the ball up more and more. LO's defense has been hilarious. You have made up LO to be this special guy. hes not. He cant handle better than the next guy.

Yeah...I couldn't have said it better...

Peja may be a matador but he does put more points on the board than he gives up and he IS an impact player...

LO gives up more points than he scores AND he disappears on a regular basis...

I know that I'm desperate BECAUSE I am saying this but:

Peja would be a better fit than LO...

Anybody who can't see that? I have no time to waste arguing with you...you are going to believe what you want anyway...
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Odom has something Peja doesn't have. Odom has "POTENTIAL"!

I'll break my f'n remote next time I hear a game announcer talk about how much potential Odom has. Odom is in his freaking 7th year! Enough already. He's a bust! It's time to pass the potential torch to a rookie or second year player!!!
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
What really matters is what the Lakers think.

You don't know what the Lakers think, stop pretending.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
Odom has something Peja doesn't have. Odom has "POTENTIAL"!

I'll break my f'n remote next time I hear a game announcer talk about how much potential Odom has. Odom is in his freaking 7th year! Enough already. He's a bust! It's time to pass the potential torch to a rookie or second year player!!!

yea but that really says is that "he hasnt". Thats what we all say. the others only talk about what he "Should be able. Can etc". Thats why they always look like morons. they are always arguing the hypothetical as oppose to what is. Its the whole production vs. potential argument. thats fine if talking about a draft pick or young player, not a vet already on his 3rd team
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject:

bmk wrote:
Two years ago Peja:

1st in FT %, 3 pointers made
2nd mins played, FG's made, points, scoring average

2nd Team All NBA

In seven years, Odom:

*crickets*

I'll allow that some peeps like Odom over Peja, but I just don't get how Odom is THAT much better than Peja. I also think Peja's an average rebounder, not a bad one, he just happens to be on the perimeter the majority of the time.

don't be so hard on role player overraters, please
Variant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Panthas wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:
At least Peja has benn in an all star game

The problem is that he is injury prone

I know we are supposed to hate on him cuz he was on Sacramento when they were oir rivals

Odom is not better than Peja, is just healthier

Peja a choke artist ? What about Lamar ? Is he a clutch player ?

A healthy Peja >>>>>> Odom and U know that

Since when is playing on the All- Star team really a accoplishment? Players that are way better than both those guys never make the All-Star game. Being an the All-Star game just means your popular with people or your China's only hope one or the other.

Sure. If you're voted in as a starter. The fans don't choose the reserves so the selections are generally a bit more "merited".

Peja is better than Odom, but neither of them are playoff performers.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I do know that the one's close to the situation say that Odom wasn't traded for Peja last season.

What makes you think that people would lie about that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I do know that the one's close to the situation say that Odom wasn't traded for Peja last season.

Yes, I know Odom wasn't traded for Peja last season. For one, we don't even know if it was offered in reality.

Quote:
What makes you think that people would lie about that?

Who did or didn't lie about what?
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject:

You people KILL me!!! UGH!!! When you hear rumors that Lamar is involved in a trade, you piss and moan that Mitch should have just got rid of him. But when he ISN'T offered, it becomes "Oh, we don't even know if there was a real offer". Take a stand, PLEASE! Quit flip-flopping.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
You people KILL me!!! UGH!!! When you hear rumors that Lamar is involved in a trade, you piss and moan that Mitch should have just got rid of him. But when he ISN'T offered, it becomes "Oh, we don't even know if there was a real offer". Take a stand, PLEASE! Quit flip-flopping.

In case you're referring to me; I've never pissed and moaned over Mitch blowing rumored deals (Artest/Chroshere for Odom for example), as I usually don't take rumors too seriously. I only piss and moan when Kupchak lets yet another cheap impact player get away. Artest being one of several over the last 1.5 seasons.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

In case you're referring to me; I've never pissed and moaned over Mitch blowing rumored deals (Artest/Chroshere for Odom for example), as I usually don't take rumors too seriously. I only piss and moan when Kupchak lets yet another cheap impact player get away. Artest being one of several over the last 1.5 seasons.

But I thought you just said you don't piss and moan? What are you doing right now? Or in the Bynum thread? I'm confused.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

But no, I wasn't referring to you exactly KA_2. Just most of the LO and Mitch bashers do that exact thing. Claim to believe no deal was offered, but willing to piss and moan still.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
But I thought you just said you don't piss and moan?

I didn't just say that, read what I wrote.

Quote:
What are you doing right now? Or in the Bynum thread? I'm confused.

Say what?
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Here's a question for all of you.

What do these guys have in common?

wolfpaclaker
odomx2
the_shoes
magic_bryant
...etc
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject:

Now there is a post saying that Peja is better than Lamar????Jeez louiszzzz. I must of heard them all for sure now. You guys can't be that pessimestic of Lamar Odom. Just wait Lamar is still gonna be a serious threat like them crazy dudes in the talibans. Just be seriously expecting it soon. The Lakers will rise to the top again I promise. Oneday and that day shall come soon with number 8 leading the way anything is possible. Very POSSSIBLE!!!!
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject:

Odom is overrated.

I've said that since the day he got there.

That said, he could still end up a good piece for us as a 3rd-option on offense.

Peja?

Are you freaking kidding me?

Peja's last 2 years...

24 ppg -----> 16 ppg
49% FG ----> 41% FG

The guy is 6'10" and averages 0.06 blocks per game

Not a typo.

No, that's not 0.6 blocks.

That's 0.06 blocks per game.

He is a human turnstile on defense.

Peja = trash.

Clue in.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

You don't either so what differance does it make? Wolfy has a right to his opinion just as much as you do... Next week if Odom is still around though it can be real clear that you definitey don't know what you're talking about...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Here's a question for all of you.

What do these guys have in common?

wolfpaclaker
odomx2
the_shoes
magic_bryant
...etc

odomx2 is not an Odom supporter...

I can answer this question though... We all agree that it's you ,not Odom that is overrated!
DP
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

Unbelievable that we are debating who's better Lamar or Peja just because of the supposed "regrets" that the Lakers did not trade LO for Peja (because of the LA-Indiana game 2 days ago). I'm sure this discussion would not happen if the Lakers won that game. Kept on repeating that whatever you guys think of LO, nothings gonna change as LO will still be a Laker. So, moved on.....and don't sulked on "what might have happened or wished the trade happened" stuff because of the irrational overly-criticism of Odom (I don't use "hate" word anymore AHunter, k?). Move On!!!!!!!!!!!
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
You don't either so what differance does it make?

It's not hard to figure out SHOES: I've never claimed to know what the FO is thinking.

Quote:
Wolfy has a right to his opinion just as much as you do...

It's not opinion, I know for a fact wolf doesn't know what the Laker FO is thinking.

Quote:
Next week if Odom is still around though it can be real clear that you definitey don't know what you're talking about...

Write in clear, coherant sentences with fewer and maybe someday, someone will take you seriously.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject:

KA_2 is a troll from some Republican or Democratic blog who thinks its impressive to quote every line and say something stupid in response.

One day the moderators here will actually patrol and kick idiots like KA_2 off the site, once they see their standard modus operandi.

Is this a site for fans, or for blog jerks?
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
KA_2 is a troll from some Republican or Democratic blog who thinks its impressive to quote every line and say something stupid in response.

One day the moderators here will actually patrol and kick idiots like KA_2 off the site, once they see their standard modus operandi.

I think it was a site designed for intelligent discussion, rather than idiotic discussion amongst homers with no objectivity.
If you want a forum with group hugs, how about googling for "forum AND special people"?
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:

This is a site for intelligent discussion, and anyone who claims Odom is an excellent 3-point shooter, solid defender, future All Star on the Lakers, and that Odom and Kobe are the best duo in the league/all-time, should be hit upside the head.

In case people are wondering, this is what critical_beatdown has claimed. See these links:

1) http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=469742&start=36
2) http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=17263&start=50
3) http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=17256&start=50
4) http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=465871&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=36
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
critical_beatdown wrote:

This is a site for intelligent discussion, and anyone who claims Odom is an excellent 3-point shooter, solid defender, future All Star on the Lakers, and that Odom and Kobe are the best duo in the league/all-time, should be hit upside the head.

In case people are wondering, this is what critical_beatdown has claimed. See these links:

1) http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=469742&start=36
2) http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=17263&start=50
3) http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=17256&start=50
4) http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=465871&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=36

Come on KA_2.

We don't want to lose you for arguing with a 15 year old Lamar fanatic for personal attacks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: