Official KOBE BRYANT appreciation thread (pg.14 links and quotes re: retirement announcement)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheetos82
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Official KOBE BRYANT appreciation thread (pg.14 links and quotes re: retirement announcement)

I've had enough guys. Please stop all the talk about trading Kobe or forcing Kobe to retire. This is the guy who bleeds purple and gold. Please go watch the documentary Kobe Bryant’s Muse. Is it staged? Likely. Is it biased? Most definitely. But you can't fake hard work and you can't fake dedication. You definitely can't fake the Achilles's injury nor the tears from it.

All of you that hates on him forget what years 1988 - 2000 were like and this man is reason we have 5 rings in the last 15 years. Or maybe you weren't even Laker fans back then.

Does his contract suck and hinder our cap space? Yeah. But I don't care. This man has earned it and I am willing to suck a couple of more years just to thank him for his services.

The Lakers will always be around, but Kobe won't and I don't know if we'll ever have another player like Kobe in a Laker uniform. Show some damn respect people.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GEORGIE
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official KOBE BRYANT appreciation thread

cheetos82 wrote:
I've had enough guys. Please stop all the talk about trading Kobe or forcing Kobe to retire. This is the guy who bleeds purple and gold. Please go watch the documentary Kobe Bryant’s Muse. Is it staged? Likely. Is it biased? Most definitely. But you can't fake hard work and you can't fake dedication. You definitely can't fake the Achilles's injury nor the tears from it.

All of you that hates on him forget what years 1988 - 2000 were like and this man is reason we have 5 rings in the last 15 years. Or maybe you weren't even Laker fans back then.

Does his contract suck and hinder our cap space? Yeah. But I don't care. This man has earned it and I am willing to suck a couple of more years just to thank him for his services.

The Lakers will always be around, but Kobe won't and I don't know if we'll ever have another player like Kobe in a Laker uniform. Show some damn respect people.

im all for appreciating kobe...but that line that you just said made kobe sound like an A-list hooker
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

Thank you for creating this thread, cheetos82. In before the Kobe P&M crew takes this one over too.

The same people that have whined and moaned incessantly about Kobe since the contract extension a year and a half ago(hell, they've probably complained about him during his whole career, even) are going to act like they've been supportive and by his side the entire time when he announces his retirement.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

I do appreciate Kobe. I'm rooting for him to kill it this year. It may be his last season so soak it all in.
freshp
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject:

http://cdn.niketalk.com/c/cb/200x200px-ZC-cb1894c8_kobe-approves-o.gif
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Thank you for creating this thread, cheetos82. In before the Kobe P&M crew takes this one over too.

The same people that have whined and moaned incessantly about Kobe since the contract extension a year and a half ago(hell, they've probably complained about him during his whole career, even) are going to act like they've been supportive and by his side the entire time when he announces his retirement.

That's a bit dramatic. I was Captain P&M about the Extension, but got over it. I will be tremendously sad to see him hang it up after watching him all these years.

(For the record I blamed the FO more than Kobe...)

Last edited by yinoma2001 on Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject:

God Bryant!
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

Get the MFs Kob'.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject:

for a minute there, I thought he was traded or announced his retirement
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

Thanks Kobe. Now let's get back to winning games...
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject:

Kobe will most likely end up being my favorite Laker for life. It just won't be the same without him. I'm just glad we're getting at least a little bit more from him, but sad that it ends up like this...on a team with no real shot at contending.

That money they gave him, it's not just payment for past services rendered, and the billions he helped generate for the franchise, it's also payment for wasting the tail end of his career with Jim's disastrous personnel decisions.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Kobe will most likely end up being my favorite Laker for life. It just won't be the same without him. I'm just glad we're getting at least a little bit more from him, but sad that it ends up like this...on a team with no real shot at contending.

That money they gave him, it's not just payment for past services rendered, and the billions he helped generate for the franchise, it's also payment for wasting the tail end of his career with Jim's disastrous personnel decisions.

Why bring up Jim Buss in a Kobe appreciation thread?
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers95 wrote:

That's a bit dramatic. I was Captain P&M about the Extension, but got over it. I will be tremendously sad to see him hang it up after watching him all these years.

(For the record I blamed the FO more than Kobe...)

True, but I wasn't saying "Oh, Kobe's immune to criticism" or anything. I'm just saying that it's going to look hypocritical when the people who have seemingly made it their agenda or gimmick to bash and hate on him at every possible turn(not just on here, but on other forums and through the media) give him gratitude when he decides to hang it up.

I'm going to stop turning this thread into a P&M about P&Mers now though. That wasn't the purpose of it being created. It was made to appreciate Kobe, and that's what it should continue to be about.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

I grew up with Kobe. He is and always will be my sports hero. Time really flies. Thanks for everything Kobe. And it's not over yet. Give em hell
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject:

Having grown up in LA it was pretty tough defending him when I lived in Philly (AI craze) then deeper in the Northeast when the team was in the Smush/Kwame era. Yet the constant star was Kobe. I can't tell you how much my heart sank when Kobe tore his Achilles. I thought his career was over.

I appreciate the hard work he's put in these past years after his injuries. I just wish he could go out better than this.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:

(bleep) Kobe. I want to trade him for Ty Lawson.

Kobe's amazing. He's the GOAT.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Having grown up in LA it was pretty tough defending him when I lived in Philly (AI craze) then deeper in the Northeast when the team was in the Smush/Kwame era. Yet the constant star was Kobe. I can't tell you how much my heart sank when Kobe tore his Achilles. I thought his career was over.

I appreciate the hard work he's put in these past years after his injuries. I just wish he could go out better than this.

I still feel sad about that injury because that moment marked the final appearance of the Kobe who was right up there with the very best MVP-level players in this league.
Power Gasol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject:

Can we combine all the Kobe appreciation threads from every single season into one?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

Power Gasol wrote:
Can we combine all the Kobe appreciation threads from every single season into one?

Just the official ones.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I still feel sad about that injury because that moment marked the final appearance of the Kobe who was right up there with the very best MVP-level players in this league.

Him walking up to the free throw line and sinking both shots so easily after all of that has to be one of the most badass moments in NBA history. Even with the Dwight, Nash, and Jamison acquisitions in 2013, it was Kobe's phenomenal season that was the best part of that year.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

I'm just hoping to see him play a decent amount of games and walk off the court on his own terms. My unrealistic vision would be for him to take this young crew to an 8th seed and go down fighting, kinda like Rocky.

It's crazy, though. I still remember watching him in a high school slam dunk contest when I was still in high school.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
I grew up with Kobe. He is and always will be my sports hero. Time really flies. Thanks for everything Kobe. And it's not over yet. Give em hell

K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kray28_ wrote:

Why bring up Jim Buss in a Kobe appreciation thread?

Because you can't consider the end of Kobe's career without mentioning the change in ownership, Jim's reign in the front office, and the drastic fall from grace that the Lakers suffered.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm a 80's baby so I grew up loving the game because of Magic Johnson.

When he retired , came back an faked out Latrell Sprewell playing with Nick and Eddie , and then retired again it was a sad pill to swallow.
Who was worthy of taking the crown of the Laker kingdom?

With the magical powers of Jerry West he was able to see something special in this high school kid from Philadelphia.
Plus reeling Shaquille away from Orlando helped us quite a bit who proved he clearly wasn't worthy of the crown when he bad mouthed Dr Buss. Attempting to short change Kobe out of his first big contract.

Crazy how Kobe has been in this league through three different generations of players.

From playing against Michael Jordan and Reggie Miller, to Allen Iverson and Ray Allen, Tmacc and Vince Carter, to Lebron and Melo, now against James Harden ,Durant, Westbrook, Steph Curry.

Looking back at my username which was created in 2006. Ain't no way Lebron was crowned King of the league during Prime Time Kobe. All them Kobe haters were hoping Lebron could strip him of that title ASAP.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33
Jump to: