Official KOBE BRYANT appreciation thread (pg.14 links and quotes re: retirement announcement)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

I really liked his overall game last night. Shades of the old Kobe. He really must be hurting bad since he has not posted up alot these first 10 games or so. We all know his post up midrange game is his bread and butter.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Shot too much last night for my liking, but, overall, played his best game of the year. It's sort of sad to see how taxing playing those extended minutes and high usage rate can be on him now.

I'd like to see him dial down the shot attempts at his current efficiency, but I'll take the rest of his game last night all day. Great game Kobe!

My favorite part? At the end, when they were fouling us intentionally, he allowed Clarkson to take that spotlight. Now that is the kind of thing you want to see your veteran leaders do for their young guys. Loved seeing that.

I get that you sprinkled in a few Kobe praises throughout your post, but "I want to see him shoot less" and "allow clarkson to take the spotlight down the stretch" sound like the same things you hear on repeat in the Kobe p&m thread.

Could you please keep those things in the p&m thread? Thanks.

Are you serious??? Great example of oversensitivity clouding reason.

I just commended Kobe for an exemplary display of leadership via his willingness to let Clarkson be the guy who gets intentionally fouled (the "white flag" fouls) at the end of games you're winning. And you want those kinds of compliments removed from this thread because it sounds like complains in a different thread?

To answer your question? No I will not take my comments of appreciation to another thread. I'll continue to use this thread to compliment Kobe whenever I feel his play or behaviors warrant it. Last night, for the most part, he deserved a big time pat on the back particularly when you factor in how that performance has affected him physically.

Just think for a moment man. You're too quick on the trigger sometimes!
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject:

You didn't compliment him about anything. All you said was "I'd like to see him shoot less, BUT, I'll take it any day. Good game Kobe!"

you mentioned him shooting too much and sprinkled in some lazy "but he had a good game though! and Let clarkson shine great game Kob!" "compliment"

No mention of his 9 dimes, 8 boards. No mention of anything specific really except you'd like to see him shoot less, he had a high usage rate, and let clarkson shine.

You weren't complimenting his game yesterday at all, you just want to seem unbiased so you came in this thread to "compliment" him as if anyone buys it
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Shot too much last night for my liking, but, overall, played his best game of the year. It's sort of sad to see how taxing playing those extended minutes and high usage rate can be on him now.

I'd like to see him dial down the shot attempts at his current efficiency, but I'll take the rest of his game last night all day. Great game Kobe!

My favorite part? At the end, when they were fouling us intentionally, he allowed Clarkson to take that spotlight. Now that is the kind of thing you want to see your veteran leaders do for their young guys. Loved seeing that.

I get that you sprinkled in a few Kobe praises throughout your post, but "I want to see him shoot less" and "allow clarkson to take the spotlight down the stretch" sound like the same things you hear on repeat in the Kobe p&m thread.

I just commended Kobe for an exemplary display of leadership via his willingness to let Clarkson be the guy who gets intentionally fouled (the "white flag" fouls) at the end of games you're winning. And you want those kinds of compliments removed from this thread because it sounds like complains in a different thread?

To answer your question? No I will not take my comments of appreciation to another thread. I'll continue to use this thread to compliment Kobe whenever I feel his play or behaviors warrant it. Last night, for the most part, he deserved a big time pat on the back particularly when you factor in how that performance has affected him physically.

The only reason I didn't suspend you too is because you are not a one-note poster, you post about things other than Kobe. But make no mistake, you are not hiding your years long disdain of Kobe with a few compliments. This is the Kobe appreciation thread and if you can't control yourself long enough to take the criticism to another thread, I'll do it for you.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

The only reason I didn't suspend you too is because you are not a one-note poster, you post about things other than Kobe. But make no mistake, you are not hiding your years long disdain of Kobe with a few compliments. This is the Kobe appreciation thread and if you can't control yourself long enough to take the criticism to another thread, I'll do it for you.

I think it's fair that I ask a poster to keep comments like "I wish he'd shoot less" and "he should allow clarkson to take the spotlight down the stretch" in the Kobe p&m thread or other Kobe complaint related threads.

If that poster has a few sprinkle compliments for Kobe, feel free to post them in here. Just keep them in separate threads.

Not saying you're not doing that cheflinda, just wanted to clarify.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm hoping for a win and s throwback performance when I hopefully go pay tribute to him in Philly in a few weeks.

Winning that game against Philly could cost us the pick.
I hope we drop that game. Go go gadget Bass at Center
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Credit for ANY player will be given by me when I believe credit is due.

And I think credit was definitely due for Kobe after his play last night which is why I commended him in here for it. I get the point about the shooting, in retrospect, I should have left that out.

But my comment about it being nice to see Kobe letting Clarkson take those FTs is criticizing Kobe? That's ridiculous.

That was the first, endearing "Aww Kobe" moments, I've had in YEARS regarding the man.

It's the first time I can ever remember, in all the time I have watched Kobe play, see him willingly encourage someone else to take those victory FTs. I'm not talking about the ones where they foul you because they are trying to extend the game. I'm talking about the ones where the game is in hand but they're fouling you because they don't want you to be able to celebrate the victory. The leader of the team almost always takes those.

In last night's game, Kobe intentionally walked AWAY from the inbounds passer to allow Clarkson to get the ball and the intentional foul. I have honestly never seen that. In every other game I can remember, Kobe would be the one calling for the ball and trying to get in position to receive it prior the ensuing intentional foul. But not this time. Can anyone tell me the last time something like this happened? I can't.

I thought it was a super classy move on his part. To me, it felt like he was saying to JC, hey, you had a good game today, take those FTs and let's get out of here. Maybe I read in to it too much, but that's the sense I got from him.

If that is a criticism in any way, shape, or form like golaker suggested it was, well, then that's too bad.
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

You didn't commend him for his play

"Shot too much last night for my liking, but, overall, played his best game of the year."

how is that commending him? You criticize it and then follow it up to say it's his "best game" but didn't mention any reasons why you felt it was his best game. Just that he shot too much.

"I'd like to see him dial down the shot attempts at his current efficiency, but I'll take the rest of his game last night "

Again, you specify he shot too much but nothing to specify what you liked about his game. Just that you'll "take the rest of it". You're not commending him for anything, you just wanted to take a shot and follow it up with a lazy compliment since this the appreciation thread.

Only thing you "commended" him on and actually specified was letting Clarkson take the FT's. All 36 minutes last night and that was the only "compliment" you could muster.

We know how you really feel, just save it and stop insulting our intelligence.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:

"Shot too much last night for my liking, but, overall, played his best game of the year."

how is that commending him? You criticize it and then follow it up to say it's his "best game" but didn't mention any reasons why you felt it was his best game. Just that he shot too much.

"I'd like to see him dial down the shot attempts at his current efficiency, but I'll take the rest of his game last night "

Again, you specify he shot too much but nothing to specify what you liked about his game. Just that you'll "take the rest of it". You're not commending him for anything, you just wanted to take a shot and follow it up with a lazy compliment since this the appreciation thread.

Only thing you "commended" him on and actually specified was letting Clarkson take the FT's. All 36 minutes last night and that was the only "compliment" you could muster.

Incoming the "you're allowing oversensitivity to cloud reason" troll comment.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Let's not let him derail this thread. Was a thing of beauty last night to see Kobe's fingerprints on the W. I'll be heading to one of the next couple home games to pay my respects.
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
Let's not let him derail this thread. Was a thing of beauty last night to see Kobe's fingerprints on the W. I'll be heading to one of the next couple home games to pay my respects.

Agreed. I was knocking myself last night for not hitting a game yet this season but then I realized its only been 4 home games . I got to try and go to as many as I can
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
golaker wrote:

Agreed. I was knocking myself last night for not hitting a game yet this season but then I realized its only been 4 home games . I got to try and go to as many as I can

Haha that's a trip that we've only had 4 home games. I'd like to get one in ASAP because you really never know, he could break down at any moment. I'll probably go to the raptors game on Friday. 82?
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
golaker wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
His floor game was better but he still shot the ball 19 times. I don't care that we won I want for him to pass the torch already. He's still in the 1st option mode, that needs to change.

You're a broken record. You just couldn't keep it out of this one thread? Take some time off.

Thank you ma'am.

Agreed! I don't remember Dave20 being nauseatingly annoying with his Kobe P&Ming until this season, but I'm glad he got shut down for it.

Anyways, awesome game from Kobe last night, and I'm looking forward to seeing even more on Friday, when he torches the Raptors, as usual
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:

Alright, well I apologize for adding in the part about the shots. But give me some credit? I DID commend him for his play. You conveniently left out the part where I said I thought he had his best game of the season.

In spite of how I feel about Kobe, I am not too proud to be able to say job well done when I think a job was well done. Perhaps my mistake was mentioning what I thought could have been improved and I won't do that in this thread anymore and when I'm in here I'll just mention the good stuff as I see it! Cool?
FromMagicToKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:

You conveniently left out the part where I said I thought he had his best game of the season.

No I didn't lol
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:

Alright, well I apologize for adding in the part about the shots. But give me some credit? I DID commend him for his play. You conveniently left out the part where I said I thought he had his best game of the season.

In spite of how I feel about Kobe, I am not too proud to be able to say job well done when I think a job was well done. Perhaps my mistake was mentioning what I thought could have been improved and I won't do that in this thread anymore and when I'm in here I'll just mention the good stuff as I see it! Cool?

If you tell your wife (or significant other), "A great meal honey but you should cook the meat a little less and the potatoes could be a little more crispy and I like ranch much better than the vinegrette you chose for the salad...oh and how about peach pie next time rather than the chocolate mousse you slaved over..."

How appreciated do you think she would feel?

Key word being appreciation as in the title of this thread.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:

when I'm in here I'll just mention the good stuff as I see it! Cool?

Hey you figured out what the thread is for, good job!!!

Jk, you've known it all along
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject:

FromMagicToKobe wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:

You conveniently left out the part where I said I thought he had his best game of the season.

No I didn't lol

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's still easily this team's best shot creator (from mid-range and in) and also best playmaker. He showed Russ yesterday how a star guard runs a team and controls the W/L's. Great example for Russ (and Clarkson for that matter) to see what it takes to be a star PG/guard in this league.

Old man Kobe is my fav Laker to watch this year.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:

If you tell your wife (or significant other), "A great meal honey but you should cook the meat a little less and the potatoes could be a little more crispy and I like ranch much better than the vinegrette you chose for the salad...oh and how about peach pie next time rather than the chocolate mousse you slaved over..."

Spot on!

67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

That's not the first time Kobe let someone else take the final FTs of the game. Not by a long shot. He's done that a million time. Sasha said hello.

Perfect example of how blinding hate is. It's like 5 chips didn't happen b/c well it wasn't yesterday. Myopia + hate is a dangerous mix.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
SweetP wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:

Spot on!

Yes it was.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
SweetP wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
FromMagicToKobe wrote:

Spot on!

Damn!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
That's not the first time Kobe let someone else take the final FTs of the game. Not by a long shot. He's done that a million time. Sasha said hello.

Perfect example of how blinding hate is. It's like 5 chips didn't happen b/c well it wasn't yesterday. Myopia + hate is a dangerous mix.

Which game? Game 7? Kobe didn't "let" Sasha get those because Kobe was double teamed on the inbounds play. He was trying to get the ball.

I was referring to games where the game was over and they were just fouling to prevent the opposing team from celebrating. That's why I called them victory FTs. Game was essentially in hand. Can't think of one game where it happened but I thought was a classy "teacher" rewards "student" type of moment. You didn't see it that way?

The last time I remember something like that, was Kobe setting up Bynum for the game winner. Rewarding him for his great play. I think those kinds of things give young guys a lot of confidence.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:

Which game? Game 7? Kobe didn't "let" Sasha get those because Kobe was double teamed on the inbounds play. He was trying to get the ball.

I was referring to games where the game was over and they were just fouling to prevent the opposing team from celebrating. That's why I called them victory FTs. Game was essentially in hand. Can't think of one game where it happened but I thought was a classy "teacher" rewards "student" type of moment. You didn't see it that way?

The last time I remember something like that, was Kobe setting up Bynum for the game winner. Rewarding him for his great play. I think those kinds of things give young guys a lot of confidence.

Ok, we get it. Please take it to another thread and just let this be the appreciation thread.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 11 of 33
Jump to: