Official KOBE BRYANT appreciation thread (pg.14 links and quotes re: retirement announcement)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersLegacy24
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
I still believe kobe's got something left in the tank. The system, lack of any flow or rythm is dragging him down, like it's dragging down the team as a whole.

Agreed, glad to see their is still other real Lakers fans on this site.

Its obvious Kobe is hurt and with this dumpster fire of a roster and the worst Coach in the league its no wonder Kobe can't do anything.

Once Kobe becomes healthy again he will silence the haters.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
I still believe kobe's got something left in the tank. The system, lack of any flow or rythm is dragging him down, like it's dragging down the team as a whole.

Also hurt and too many minutes.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject:

I think he needs to facilitate like he did last year. His shot is broken but he can still help the team. DLO can play off ball and be a scorer and then take over the PG duties when Kobe goes to the bench.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject:

I said this in a stickied thread but wanted to post here. If Kobe were in a legitimate proven system like the tri, and it was executed efficiently by surrounding players - with him mainly in the painted/elbow area, he would be performing much better than he is now.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Team of the 80's wrote:
I think he needs to facilitate like he did last year. His shot is broken but he can still help the team. DLO can play off ball and be a scorer and then take over the PG duties when Kobe goes to the bench.

Agreed. That 17 assist game he had against Cleveland right before his shoulder injury was a thing of beauty. Probably his best game of the season after that triple double against Toronto.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I feel pretty bad for him. As much as he's hindering the development of the core by taking so many shots, it's tough psychologically for a superstar to take a step back. Rather than it being expected for superstars to take a step back, guys like Nowitzki and Duncan should be applauded for doing so. I admire Kobe's confidence though.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:01 am    Post subject:

Magic was drafted by the Lakers when I was in College but I wasn't in to the NBA back then so I didn't really get to see him start his Laker career. However I became an avid fan when the Lakers beat the Celtics for the first time in the finals. I carry a vivid memory during that time where I was sitting in a restaurant with my friends one day watching Magic dismantle yet another opponent thinking "one day he will be gone and we will never see another basketball player like him ever again." Then "poof" he was gone. I always regret not enjoying him from the day he first laced them up for the png.

Then came Kobe. And I got a second chance to see greatness from the very start. I got to hear the people speaking of his potential and watch him far exceed everyone's expcetations. A talent I was lucky enough to watch blossom. Absolutely amazing. I consider myself lucky to be able to tell my kids and thier friends about Kobe. I am very fortunate to have been able to witness his greatness. Kobe!!!
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

CJ McCollum Pays His Respects to Kobe Bryant

Quote:
"I just told him, I said, 'Man, I've been watching you since I was a kid. And I appreciate with you did for the game, I appreciate your work ethic.' And the people don't understand, you know, what he's been through and how much he appreciates the game. And coming back from all those injuries it takes a special kind of person to mentally refocus and come out and play at a high level."

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2015/11/cj_mccollum_kobe_bryant.html

Quote:
"I just told him that he's a guy I've watched since I was a kid," McCollum said of the postgame exchange. "He's a guy I've looked up to and modeled my work ethic after. Just understanding his appreciation of the game."

"I've really just studied him since I was younger," McCollum said. "I've watched a lot of film on him. I watch a lot of other guys ... but just his mannerisms, his approach, postgame interviews and stuff. Just understanding his mentality. He has a killer mentality and there's a reason why he's been successful."
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

RJBaca wrote:
Magic was drafted by the Lakers when I was in College but I wasn't in to the NBA back then so I didn't really get to see him start his Laker career. However I became an avid fan when the Lakers beat the Celtics for the first time in the finals. I carry a vivid memory during that time where I was sitting in a restaurant with my friends one day watching Magic dismantle yet another opponent thinking "one day he will be gone and we will never see another basketball player like him ever again." Then "poof" he was gone. I always regret not enjoying him from the day he first laced them up for the png.

Then came Kobe. And I got a second chance to see greatness from the very start. I got to hear the people speaking of his potential and watch him far exceed everyone's expcetations. A talent I was lucky enough to watch blossom. Absolutely amazing. I consider myself lucky to be able to tell my kids and thier friends about Kobe. I am very fortunate to have been able to witness his greatness. Kobe!!!

evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject:

LakersLegacy24 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Its obvious Kobe is hurt and with this dumpster fire of a roster and the worst Coach in the league its no wonder Kobe can't do anything.

I'm still very much in Kobes corner too. I think his struggles are simply too many minutes, especially in games where we only have 1 day rest before the next game - and him just being a bit rusty from the last 2-3 years of barely playing. He is showing in spurts recently that he can still get to the rim, and his overall impact on the game outside of his poor shooting (usually) like facilitating, pretty good defense, leading, and has good chemistry with DLO and randle. I wish Byron would change his second unit lineup because that to me is our biggest problem along with his system. But I don't worry about Kobe much because I'm pretty confident by the start of the second of half the season or sooner he will be back to mostly him old self
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
CJ McCollum Pays His Respects to Kobe Bryant

Quote:
"I just told him, I said, 'Man, I've been watching you since I was a kid. And I appreciate with you did for the game, I appreciate your work ethic.' And the people don't understand, you know, what he's been through and how much he appreciates the game. And coming back from all those injuries it takes a special kind of person to mentally refocus and come out and play at a high level."

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2015/11/cj_mccollum_kobe_bryant.html

Quote:
"I just told him that he's a guy I've watched since I was a kid," McCollum said of the postgame exchange. "He's a guy I've looked up to and modeled my work ethic after. Just understanding his appreciation of the game."

"I've really just studied him since I was younger," McCollum said. "I've watched a lot of film on him. I watch a lot of other guys ... but just his mannerisms, his approach, postgame interviews and stuff. Just understanding his mentality. He has a killer mentality and there's a reason why he's been successful."

There are so-called Laker fans on LG who can't even bring themselves to say this.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

I agree. He is still good with his mid range/2 point shot. It just the 3 point shot that's hurting him.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
RJBaca wrote:

Yes very much. True story - I didn't follow the NBA as much, but I remember watching Kobe in the '98 season and thinking "Did Michael Jordan just switch teams and grow hair again like a Chia pet? Whoever this guy is is like a clone of Jordan" and my friend said "Nah man that's Kobe Bryant, this guy is the real thing - it's scary. Only dude in NBA history I'd put money on to beat Michael Jordan in a 1 on 1."

I became a fan out of respect for the astronomical skill level and the "I don't give a (bleep) about what you think of me I'm going to do what I believe in"

Yeah then there was the 3-peat and in 2001 I was shocked at the 15-1 run. Historic. Shaq and Kobe were ridiculous. That's the only way to describe them is ridiculous(in a good way).

When Kobe started unleashing after Shaq left I was pretty amazed at how MUCH this guy was holding back to fit into the Tri-concept with Shaq and how much he was deferring to others. Holy crap the 81 points and the 62 and the single-handedly basically giving the Lakers an additional 14-20 wins just because the guy was able to beat teams by himself. Yeah that's a once in a generation type player in the ranks of Magic, MJ, Shaq, LeBron, Bird, Kareem, Wilt, West - very special and I'll miss watching him play ball after he retires.

Here's to hoping the Lakers will be able to find that next legend!
elgato
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Does that poem he posted on the Players Tribune mean he's officially retiring after this season?

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/dear-basketball/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant in 100 magazine covers

http://hoopshype.com/2015/06/09/kobe-bryant-in-100-magazine-covers/
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Shane Battiet

@ShaneBattier: KB scored 56 on me in 3(!) qtrs my rookie year. Pushed me to be better more than any player I've faced. He has my ultimate hoops respect.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Paul George

@CandaceDBuckner: Paul George on Kobe: "He’s still my idol regardless of him aging and his game changing. ...I’m going to cherish this matchup."
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) crazy I can't believe this is it
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Richard Sherman

@RSherman_25: Nothing but tremendous respect and admiration for @kobebryant I have always been the biggest fan of his competitive drive. Thank you
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
LakersLegacy24 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

I'm still very much in Kobes corner too. I think his struggles are simply too many minutes, especially in games where we only have 1 day rest before the next game - and him just being a bit rusty from the last 2-3 years of barely playing. He is showing in spurts recently that he can still get to the rim, and his overall impact on the game outside of his poor shooting (usually) like facilitating, pretty good defense, leading, and has good chemistry with DLO and randle. I wish Byron would change his second unit lineup because that to me is our biggest problem along with his system. But I don't worry about Kobe much because I'm pretty confident by the start of the second of half the season or sooner he will be back to mostly him old self

Agreed, but he's on a young squad with very questionable coaching. Now with the news of his retirement I don't see a bounce back. Sad that the FO couldn't put together a better team and coach around him. the only ray of hope I may see is if the FO seriously gets their act together. We got young talent but one of the worst coaches for young up and comers.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Demarr Derozen

@outsidethenba: DeMar says Kobe is not an (bleep) https://t.co/dN00x41pJH
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's going to have an awesome game tonight.
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject:

He was so polarizing. I was his ultimate critic and biggest fan when he was kicking ass! It was Love/Hate for much of his career with me personally. I remember the kid that could score at will but play no defense and then learned angles with Gary Payton and became a doberman. I remember the star that was reigned in at times by Phil Jackson and become a team player. I remember the player that was accused of riding the coattails of Shaq and proving everyone wrong by winning 2 titles with a guy (Pau Gasol) who was considered skilled yet soft and never won a playoff game up until he joined the Lakers. 81...enough said! He beat Boston in a game 7 in the Finals, something no other Lakers team EVER did! I lived in San Antonio and was there when he grabbed an offensive rebound between Duncan and Robinson and put it right back in. That play along with the magical lob to Shaq in Game 7 vs. Portland epitomizes his greatness and will to win! He wasn't perfect but he was relentless and a joy to the game! So much MORE I could write but those memories are the ones that stick out the most to me. Thank you with the bottom of my heart!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject:

We should have a test your Kobe fandom contest. Bahah. I'd love to see how high I rank
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ShaneBattier/status/671131649682329602

Quote:
Shane Battier ‏@ShaneBattier 3h3 hours ago
Kobe is the greatest competitor I have ever faced. I am glad he's found peace, I don't know if we ll see another like him. Enjoy the last 66

https://twitter.com/ShaneBattier/status/671132193561923586

Quote:
Shane Battier ‏@ShaneBattier 3h3 hours ago
KB scored 56 on me in 3(!) qtrs my rookie year. Pushed me to be better more than any player I've faced. He has my ultimate hoops respect.

Kobe Scores 56 in 3 quarters on Shane Battier:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 13 of 33
Jump to: