My Summer League Experience
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

japanesebeef1 wrote:
legend825 wrote:
Randle just needs to go get a jumper and play some D cause nothing he's done has impressed me at all.

Minutes in one game last year. 4 summer league games where all opponents get 6 million fouls and the points don't matter.

Sample size folks. Sample size.

Whose line is it anyway?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: My Summer League Experience

GoldenThroat wrote:
Thanks, Larry. I had my eye out for you all weekend, but it looks like we missed each other. I went from Friday, 7/10 through Monday, 7/13.

I think since we're getting a lot of LG representation, that next year we should plan ahead and arrange an LG dinner.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject:

Im going next year also. When do dates come out, not for when the teams play, but when SL will start?
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
Im going next year also. When do dates come out, not for when the teams play, but when SL will start?

Summer League next year is July 8-18.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Russell1 wrote:

Summer League next year is July 8-18.

Thanks!
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject:

BTW, that's not announced yet, so I guess the caveat should be that until it's announced it's subject to change.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: My Summer League Experience

LarryCoon wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Thanks, Larry. I had my eye out for you all weekend, but it looks like we missed each other. I went from Friday, 7/10 through Monday, 7/13.

I think since we're getting a lot of LG representation, that next year we should plan ahead and arrange an LG dinner.

Hopefully next year we will have a crap team because we made the playoffs and lost our first round draft pick.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
I'm less of a randle fan not because of his off court character, but on the court I was disappointed with his poor defense, lazy screens, tunnel vision, and half ass off ball movement. He's annoying, he needs to man up and stop sulking.

Yeah, rude behavior with fans isn't ideal, but honestly, isn't important to me as long as he does what's best to help the team win. The lack of rebounding and apathy for dirty work bothers me much more.

Yeah, this for me too.

Glad to hear Russell and Clarkson are getting along. That will be important going forward.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: My Summer League Experience

venturalakersfan wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
-Unfortunately, Julius Randle was the opposite end of the spectrum, wanting nothing to do with the fans. I didn't have any interactions with him personally, but he didn't give anyone the time of day on a few different occasions, and was generally rude about it. I don't have any belief that athletes owe fans their attention, I just thought he was kind of (bleep) about it, in ways that other guys weren't. Between that and his demeanor on the court/bench (barking at teammates, sulking), I'm less of a Julius Randle fan than I was before the Summer League.

More out of curisoity than anything else, was this a pre-game or post-game observation? I know that a LOT of players have routines, and many players don't want to sign autographs right before their game.

I was there as well and even in warm ups he kinda has this "I'm too big for this (bleep)" attitude.

He's (bleep) honestly who hasn't been that impressive on or off the court. We saw him doing that walk through the stands ignoring people thing and other people were pretty turned off by the attitude he permeates. I know people are saying, "well as long as he produces...." yeah right, is he producing now to the point to justify being an ass? No. He's not going to be that great franchise player. Best case he becomes a really productive role player, but his (bleep) piss poor attitude holds him back.

You don't even know t guy and you are calling him an ass? overreaction central is alive and well. Classic LG stuff there.

Seriously. Just like the other poster said about Randle stopping to take a pic with him last year.

People are taking a screenshot of a few moments of Randle and projecting it out to his entire life. Not only that but moments when he's under a lot of pressure from himself, media, and fans to perform. I'll easily give him the benefit of the doubt.

ice_cold wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
I'm less of a randle fan not because of his off court character, but on the court I was disappointed with his poor defense, lazy screens, tunnel vision, and half ass off ball movement. He's annoying, he needs to man up and stop sulking.

Yeah, rude behavior with fans isn't ideal, but honestly, isn't important to me as long as he does what's best to help the team win. The lack of rebounding and apathy for dirty work bothers me much more.

Yeah, this for me too.

Glad to hear Russell and Clarkson are getting along. That will be important going forward.

Yup! Inside Stuff is doing an interview with Clarkson & Randle to show how close they are too. Our young core should be a tight knit group going forward!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the writeup GT! I enjoyed reading it!
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: My Summer League Experience

venturalakersfan wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Hopefully next year we will have a crap team because we made the playoffs and lost our first round draft pick.

2nd year Russell, Nance, Brown, and Upshaw should be pretty good, and fun to watch regardless.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Randle's demeanor when I saw him in Summer League seemed a mad a frustrated one. Part of it is likely to do with not playing as well as getting his minutes lowered.

He seemed to have quite a chip o his shoulder in every interview. Almost pissed off and he played with a lot of fury, lot of I at himself for not having his timing down. He wasn't happy. Likely because he feels he's ready but the Lakers are going to play it safe.

I can only hope he takes that out on our opponent's instead.

I've seen him be sociable before on the street when people walk up to him and talk to him before. But he seemed to bring an edge to summer league, I could tell it in every interview. So that doesn't surprise me.

Upshaw on the otherhand seemed extremely happy to just have the opportunity and another chance.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Vegas Summer League First, Second Teams Announced

1st team: Samsung All-NBA Summer League 2015 Summer League First Team:

San Antonio Spurs Kyle Anderson MVP, Seth Curry (New Orleans Pelicans), Doug McDermott (Chicago Bulls), Norman Powell (Toronto Raptors), and T.J. Warren (Phoenix Suns).

Samsung All-NBA Summer League 2015 Second Team:

Larry Drew II (New Orleans Pelicans), Emmanuel Mudiay (Denver Nuggets), Dwight Powell (Dallas Mavericks), Noah Vonleh (Portland Trailblazers) and Alan Williams (Houston Rockets)

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/vegas-summer-league-first-second-teams-announced/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Randle's demeanor when I saw him in Summer League seemed a mad a frustrated one. Part of it is likely to do with not playing as well as getting his minutes lowered.

He seemed to have quite a chip o his shoulder in every interview. Almost pissed off and he played with a lot of fury, lot of I at himself for not having his timing down. He wasn't happy. Likely because he feels he's ready but the Lakers are going to play it safe.

I can only hope he takes that out on our opponent's instead.

I've seen him be sociable before on the street when people walk up to him and talk to him before. But he seemed to bring an edge to summer league, I could tell it in every interview. So that doesn't surprise me.

Upshaw on the otherhand seemed extremely happy to just have the opportunity and another chance.

excellent points
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Hope not that happy
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
32 wrote:
Thanks GT.

"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ocho wrote:
He's downplaying it but meeting me was GT's highlight of the weekend.

I was trying to protect your identity, but ^this.
what happens in vegas stays in vegas
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: My Summer League Experience

LarryCoon wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Even better, maybe someone could out together a block if rooms somewhere and we could hang out together. I would live to come down for a day or two.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: My Summer League Experience

24 wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Even better, maybe someone could out together a block if rooms somewhere and we could hang out together. I would live to come down for a day or two.

just never ever borrow a pair of socks from KiROE
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: My Summer League Experience

44TheLogo wrote:
24 wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

just never ever borrow a pair of socks from KiROE

oh lets not act like i don't clean them. I'll be giving out socks for free bro, early christmas gifts. you,are, welcome
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Randle's play on the court during SL seemed selfish and his interviews seem to show a big ego. It's interesting to hear that his demeanor toward fans was similar.

And this is a Randle who is just a rookie. Imagine Randle a few more years. There is really a potential attitude problem with Randle.
ice_cold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Something's clearly up with Randle. But on other hand he's just had a very tough year rehabbing from scary potentially career threatening injury. He's very impatient to prove what he can do
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I think he's trying to focus and go Kobe mode.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: My Summer League Experience

24 wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I could probably arrange some rooms and I've got a call in to the Premium Seat rep at T+M inquiring about a Luuxury Box. That might be a nice way to hang with 19 of your bestest buddies and watch the games.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: My Summer League Experience

24 wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

You're suggesting skipping Larry's dinner and going straight to the rooms? What kind of summer league is this???
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: