My Summer League Experience
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: My Summer League Experience

Karmaloop wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
-Unfortunately, Julius Randle was the opposite end of the spectrum, wanting nothing to do with the fans. I didn't have any interactions with him personally, but he didn't give anyone the time of day on a few different occasions, and was generally rude about it. I don't have any belief that athletes owe fans their attention, I just thought he was kind of (bleep) about it, in ways that other guys weren't. Between that and his demeanor on the court/bench (barking at teammates, sulking), I'm less of a Julius Randle fan than I was before the Summer League.

More out of curisoity than anything else, was this a pre-game or post-game observation? I know that a LOT of players have routines, and many players don't want to sign autographs right before their game.

It was both. That video of him ignoring the kid is pre-game, and although I don't think walking through the stands is part of his pre-game routine, I gave him the benefit of the doubt for that. There were two other times after games where he didn't even acknowledge people. Literally every other NBA player that I saw (including guys like Cousins, Rondo, Harden, etc) gave fans cursory wave or something to acknowledge them. I'm not talking about even stopping for autographs or anything. The story the Inverse told about meeting him in a jewelry shop and Randle acting like he wasn't even there aligns with what I saw of him as well.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: My Summer League Experience

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
-Unfortunately, Julius Randle was the opposite end of the spectrum, wanting nothing to do with the fans. I didn't have any interactions with him personally, but he didn't give anyone the time of day on a few different occasions, and was generally rude about it. I don't have any belief that athletes owe fans their attention, I just thought he was kind of (bleep) about it, in ways that other guys weren't. Between that and his demeanor on the court/bench (barking at teammates, sulking), I'm less of a Julius Randle fan than I was before the Summer League.

More out of curisoity than anything else, was this a pre-game or post-game observation? I know that a LOT of players have routines, and many players don't want to sign autographs right before their game.

I was there as well and even in warm ups he kinda has this "I'm too big for this (bleep)" attitude.

He's a dick honestly who hasn't been that impressive on or off the court. We saw him doing that walk through the stands ignoring people thing and other people were pretty turned off by the attitude he permeates. I know people are saying, "well as long as he produces...." yeah right, is he producing now to the point to justify being an ass? No. He's not going to be that great franchise player. Best case he becomes a really productive role player, but his (bleep) piss poor attitude holds him back.
cheetos82
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
rybee wrote:
Julius ignoring kid who wants autograph

Julius redemption

Lol that first one was hilarious for some reason. I don't know if that makes me a bad person.

Anyway, it's clear he's not rejecting every autograph. I think as he grows as a NBA player, he will learn how to be a better professional in all aspects.

That was weird. That was before the Minnesota game, and he kind of just emerged high up in the stands, and took this winding route down to the tunnel that took him a couple of minutes. He didn't acknowledge anyone during his walk, including that kid. Not sure whose bright idea it was to have him go on a 2 minute walk through rows full of excited Laker fans.

Actually my buddy and I were discussing it and Okafor did the exact same thing before the Sixers game and both had those headphones (Julius Red and Okafor Gold) on so we thought it was just a publicity thing to promote the headphones.

But then Julius did it again before the 2nd game without and headphones....
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

LoL. It's not a good sign when Cousins is being nicer than you.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I'm less of a randle fan not because of his off court character, but on the court I was disappointed with his poor defense, lazy screens, tunnel vision, and half ass off ball movement. He's annoying, he needs to man up and stop sulking.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
I'm less of a randle fan not because of his off court character, but on the court I was disappointed with his poor defense, lazy screens, tunnel vision, and half ass off ball movement. He's annoying, he needs to man up and stop sulking.

Yeah, rude behavior with fans isn't ideal, but honestly, isn't important to me as long as he does what's best to help the team win. The lack of rebounding and apathy for dirty work bothers me much more.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

Which reminds me, I forgot this in my post.

-Cousins was sitting with Vlade, Peja, and the rest of the Sacramento brass on Saturday, and George Karl was there, but sitting somewhere else. Then on Sunday, Vivek Ranadive, Karl, Vlade, Koufos, Caron Butler, Omri Casspi, and a couple of other Kings were sitting together courtside near mid court. Cousins got there a bit later, and one of the Events people there motioned toward that group to ask if he wanted to sit with them, Cousins looked over there, and said something along the lines of "nah, I'm good" and sat next to Peja on the other side of the court. That was followed by the infamous handshake that they had, which I didn't see in person, only later on Twitter.

Rondo was there, but sitting amongst the press instead of with him teammates, like a weirdo.
Power Gasol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Also got to see the first 2 games of the lakers SL. Place was packed with PnG fans.. loved it! Saw harden, ariza, lillard all together for the first game. Lillard and ariza were there for a bit, then harden came at the start of the 3rd. They all left together at the start of the 4th. Probably bored.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Power Gasol wrote:
Also got to see the first 2 games of the lakers SL. Place was packed with PnG fans.. loved it! Saw harden, ariza, lillard all together for the first game. Lillard and ariza were there for a bit, then harden came at the start of the 3rd. They all left together at the start of the 4th. Probably bored.

No pressure guys....just a bunch of hardcore Laker fans traveling all the way to Vegas to watch a summer league game and packing the stands.....
You could see the difference between the Laker games and the other teams in summer league this year.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:

Julius redemption

Damn that was cold....
Poor kid is probably gonna be hating on Randle
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject:

If Randle can perform on the court I don't care what his personal demeanor is like. If he has bad attitude and plays bad then it's a whole different story.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:

What's strange about this is he lead our team in that new NBA hustle stat quite a few times, but not the eye test.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
rybee wrote:

Julius redemption

Damn that was cold....
Poor kid is probably gonna be hating on Randle

You know that kid is dreaming every night of getting into the NBA and then dunking on the old and soon to be retired Randle.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Analytics say that Randle is the best on the team at denying autographs.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: My Summer League Experience

ReaListik wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I was there as well and even in warm ups he kinda has this "I'm too big for this (bleep)" attitude.

He's (bleep) honestly who hasn't been that impressive on or off the court. We saw him doing that walk through the stands ignoring people thing and other people were pretty turned off by the attitude he permeates. I know people are saying, "well as long as he produces...." yeah right, is he producing now to the point to justify being an ass? No. He's not going to be that great franchise player. Best case he becomes a really productive role player, but his (bleep) piss poor attitude holds him back.

You don't even know t guy and you are calling him an ass? Jesus Christ, overreaction central is alive and well. Classic LG stuff there.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

Which reminds me, I forgot this in my post.

-Cousins was sitting with Vlade, Peja, and the rest of the Sacramento brass on Saturday, and George Karl was there, but sitting somewhere else. Then on Sunday, Vivek Ranadive, Karl, Vlade, Koufos, Caron Butler, Omri Casspi, and a couple of other Kings were sitting together courtside near mid court. Cousins got there a bit later, and one of the Events people there motioned toward that group to ask if he wanted to sit with them, Cousins looked over there, and said something along the lines of "nah, I'm good" and sat next to Peja on the other side of the court. That was followed by the infamous handshake that they had, which I didn't see in person, only later on Twitter.

Rondo was there, but sitting amongst the press instead of with him teammates, like a weirdo.

And I am guessijg Koufos was the one scoring all the babes.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I "met" Julius last year right after we drafted him. He was buying jewelery at the beverly wilshire. I went up to him and said whats up, and the guy didn't really even look in my direction. I thought it was kind of odd since im pretty sure not too many people knew about him at the time since he literally was drafted not too long before that. So yeah the kid is (bleep), but oh well, as long as he produces
Yeah, long as he produces, I mean Kareem back in his days was not exactly friendly to fans or the media either.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Jules needs some of whatever Upshaw is having.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
rybee wrote:

Julius redemption

Lol that first one was hilarious for some reason. I don't know if that makes me a bad person.

Anyway, it's clear he's not rejecting every autograph. I think as he grows as a NBA player, he will learn how to be a better professional in all aspects.

That was weird. That was before the Minnesota game, and he kind of just emerged high up in the stands, and took this winding route down to the tunnel that took him a couple of minutes. He didn't acknowledge anyone during his walk, including that kid. Not sure whose bright idea it was to have him go on a 2 minute walk through rows full of excited Laker fans.

I remember in a post game interview that he said he was trying to say hi to his GF and mom
FromTheWestSideWithLove
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:30 pm    Post subject:

I saw Randle after the preseason game in SD last year. He stopped and took a pic and was really nice. His girlfriend was waiting for him in the parking lot

I think the guy is just moody.

- G.O.A.T.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

FromTheWestSideWithLove wrote:
I saw Randle after the preseason game in SD last year. He stopped and took a pic and was really nice. His girlfriend was waiting for him in the parking lot

I think the guy is just moody.

He was probably irritated the whole time from his minutes restriction.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Y'all need to calm down, you guys are falling prey to the fundamental attribution error (sorry I'm a psychology geek), where you assume someone's current attitude is entirely representative of their personality. For all you know, Julius could have been having a bad day and just wasn't in the mood for interacting with fans. Take into account the circumstances too!
44-25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Max Kellerman reads this.

Tomorrow talk radio Julius Randle - Julius Randle is our Bill Laimbeer.
Julius dont be a ass..

Just hope Randle comes back the man on the court.
Gonna be a longggg 2 months until we start up again.
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Randle just needs to go get a jumper and play some D cause nothing he's done has impressed me at all.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:18 pm    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
Randle just needs to go get a jumper and play some D cause nothing he's done has impressed me at all.

Minutes in one game last year. 4 summer league games where all opponents get 6 million fouls and the points don't matter.

Sample size folks. Sample size.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: