Jerry West says Warriors front office “the most healthy environment I’ve been involved with”
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Jerry West says Warriors front office “the most healthy environment I’ve been involved with”

Sigh
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

So?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject:

shots fired!
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

Well whoopty damn doo..
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject:

I think it is funny/sad that the whole NBA is trying to kick us when we are down. Even former Lakers who are no longer involved with us are taking shots.

Pat Riley, "Every one want to see how complete this is. Everyone wants to see our destruction, everyone wants to see our demise."
onepinoyboy8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject:

Mark Jackson disagrees
novadolla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject:

What else is he suppose to say? Doesnt he work for them? Wouldnt mitch say the samething? LG so sensative lol.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

from the LIN thread I found this....this is terrible

Quote:
Here's the prescription for Jim and Jeanie: Take a deep breath. Squash your beefs. Hire a top basketball mind to make the expert decisions, rehire the scouting staff that Jim unceremoniously dumped when he took over, and give the organization a real chance to reclaim its former glory.

Last edited by 999 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

onepinoyboy8 wrote:
Mark Jackson disagrees

Lol. And West threatened to quit if they traded for Love.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject:

I guess it wasn't healthy when for the better part of two decades he was allowed to run the whole show for the Lakers. Never did Dr. Buss get in his way and he even cancelled agreed upon trades when Jerry West disagreed. Prisoner of the moment to say the least..
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

You don't say?
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject:

I'm there's some truth to that, but then everything is rosey after you win a title.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Quote:
Here's the prescription for Jim and Jeanie: Take a deep breath. Squash your beefs. Hire a top basketball mind to make the expert decisions, rehire the scouting staff that Jim unceremoniously dumped when he took over, and give the organization a real chance to reclaim its former glory.

I find your hate toward the Lakers from a supposed Laker fan baffling, but sometimes whiners have to do what they do. What is terrible is your inability to understand how successful the Laker scouting department has been the past 3-4 seasons. Totally pathetic effort on your part. But that is what we have come to expect.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
I'm there's some truth to that, but then everything is rosey after you win a title.

But evidently not when you have won 5 in 15 years.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject:

I think this opinion has a lot to do with the fact that he has a lot less on his plate in the Warriors organization than he did when he was with the Lakers and even Memphis. There are other people in the organization to take the fall on the Warriors if theres a bad signing, where as when he was running the show in LA, it was all on him....so thats why he was a nervous wreck all the time here.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

LakersFanESS wrote:
I guess it wasn't healthy when for the better part of two decades he was allowed to run the whole show for the Lakers. Never did Dr. Buss get in his way and he even cancelled agreed upon trades when Jerry West disagreed. Prisoner of the moment to say the least..

If West is being honest, that doesn't necessarily mean his time with the Lakers was bad. It could just mean that the current working environment in the GS front office happens to be exceptional.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
I think this opinion has a lot to do with the fact that he has a lot less on his plate in the Warriors organization than he did when he was with the Lakers and even Memphis. There are other people in the organization to take the fall on the Warriors if theres a bad signing, where as when he was running the show in LA, it was all on him....so thats why he was a nervous wreck all the time here.

Good point. I also remember reading that Logo had issues with the coach banging the owner's daughter.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Quote:

I find your hate toward the Lakers from a supposed Laker fan baffling, but sometimes whiners have to do what they do. What is terrible is your inability to understand how successful the Laker scouting department has been the past 3-4 seasons. Totally pathetic effort on your part. But that is what we have come to expect.

whats your problem? I never blamed the scouting department Im actually excited with the squad we have given the circumstances I have supported Jim Buss and Kupchak since they took over the team except when it came to hiring coaches. sure sometimes I dive into the HAte jim buss meme that goes on with LG but that is all in good fun.

I happen to post the little piece of how Jim Buss fired the entire scouting department the same department that gave the Lakers so much success over 25 years... I thought that was terrible..... didn't he do the same thing with our strength and conditioning coaches as well?....

maybe it's a reading comprehension with you...I dunno

ive noticed in all your whoring posts is that when someone disagrees with your logic you become an ass.

Last edited by 999 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:09 am; edited 2 times in total
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
LakersFanESS wrote:

If West is being honest, that doesn't necessarily mean his time with the Lakers was bad. It could just mean that the current working environment in the GS front office happens to be exceptional.

When you start to say things like healthiest ever, we all know what he is getting at. I love Jerry West and he is as responsable for our success over the years than anyone. However, since he left there has been a bitterness in him towards the Lakers and I wish he would find his homeostasis and enjoy the wonderful past he had with us. Isn't that your statue in front of Staples? Aren't we grooming your son to take the reigns when he is ready? Perspective Logo, perspective.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject:

I'm happy that Jerry feels healthy. Remember that "healthy" for Jerry has nothing to do with winning. Some of his worst moments were during great Laker's championship runs. I think that winning without major responsibilities (just a consultant) feels very healthy for all of us. I'm sure that if they don't meet expectations next year . . . he will be terribly in the dumps again . . . so sad this pathological lifestyle dedicated only to a self perception of non-losing that has destroyed the happiness of such a great player.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Quote:

whats your problem? I never blamed the scouting department Im actually excited with the squad we have given the circumstances I have supported Jim Buss and Kupchak since they took over the team except when it came to hiring coaches. sure sometimes I dive into the HAte jim buss meme that goes on with LG but that is all in good fun.

I happen to post the little piece of how Jim Buss fired the entire scouting department the same department that gave the Lakers so much success over 25 years... I thought that was terrible..... didn't he do the same thing with our strength and conditioning coaches as well?....

ive noticed in your post whoring posts that when someone disagrees with your logic you become an ass.

And I pointed out that it wasn't terrible, that this scouting department is solid and are producing solid results. The game evolves, franchises need to as well. The current administration is evolving, and that is good, not terrible.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Quote:

ive noticed in your post whoring posts that when someone disagrees with your logic you become an ass.

And I pointed out that it wasn't terrible, that this scouting department is solid and are producing solid results. The game evolves, franchises need to as well. The current administration is evolving, and that is good, not terrible.

well according to the presses... there is undermining in the front office, constant bickering and lately high turnover.... if you find that good than that's your Opinion
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject:

I love Jerry West but he is a bit of a drama queen and prone to hyperbole.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject:

onepinoyboy8 wrote:
Mark Jackson disagrees

That's because Mark probably didn't realize that he was the problem.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

well according to the presses... there is undermining in the front office, constant bickering and lately high turnover.... if you find that good than that's your Opinion

I am not sure what they has to do with the scouting department, but things have to settle themselves out, the sooner the better. I have been trying to remember the last good pick by Lester's scouting department, I guess it would be Bynum who was a solid pick. But I think the game was passing them by and the new blood has been on fire in the draft.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: