How many games the Lakers will win during the 2015-2016 Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

# of Wins
Under 25
22%
 22%  [ 23 ]
25-30
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
30-35
43%
 43%  [ 45 ]
35-40
26%
 26%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 104

K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

I honestly think this years laker team could be the worse team of all time...
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I really think having hibbert is a game changer for us. We should be able to score with the best of teams this season and now with hibbert it will be very difficult to score on us. If upshaw can learn quickly we would be able to force offenses toward our centers all game long.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Gee, 5 polls on the first page, incredible that someone (mods) doesn't make a forum just for them cause 95% of members don't even vote on them anyway! It makes the board look not so interesting!
HC: Riley
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I honestly think this years laker team could be the worse team of all time...

Prior to Summer League, I thought you had us making the playoffs.

Rainbow or Reef?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
Around 20-25. We'll be relying on a bunch of young guys and an old broke down Kobe.

We won 21 last season while trying to lose, we could have won closer to 30 if we were trying to win. I don't see this team doing worse with the vets we added.
etmo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fracture wrote:
Around 20-25. We'll be relying on a bunch of young guys and an old broke down Kobe.

We won 21 last season while trying to lose, we could have won closer to 30 if we were trying to win. I don't see this team doing worse with the vets we added.

Agreed. Might be interesting to ask, "If you could choose the number of (regular season only) games the Lakers would win next year, what would that number be?"

Choose, e.g., 10, and we probably keep our super-low lottery pick, get another young stud. Yet another young stud and maybe next year's free agents think we're a promising franchise to join, or maybe they think we're the 76ers.

Choose e.g. 82, we set a record, get no first-round pick, get crushed in the playoffs (the magic runs out after the regular season), but the kids get some valuable playoff experience and maybe next year's free agents think we're a winning team worth joining.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject:

It really depends on how much run BS gives the young guns. But I'll predict 31-51.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
34-48 is my guess

I have the same amount, when does vegas release win projections
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Depends on the schedule.

If the early season schedule is heavy on weak teams that will still be trying to win, then the schedule for February, March and April will be heavy on powerhouse teams.

If the early season schedule is heavy on powerhouse teams, then the schedule for February, March and April will have a heavier weighting of weak teams that have given up by mid season and are positioning for the Lottery.

Probably a few more wins for the Lakers in the second scenario than in the first scenario.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

28-33 games. Everyone who has >7 game spread isn't quite understanding the point of the thread. Saying somewhere between 20-40 games isn't much of prediction.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject:

30-35 games. If Kobe goes down again, then 20-25.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject:

not too many I suppose. 45+ would be a surprise.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fracture wrote:

True, I'll change my prediction to 25-30.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject:

No 73-9 option?
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm thinking 32-50.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fracture wrote:

I think some people are underestimating the effect Lin and Ed Davis had on the floor for us last year. I agree we were trying to lose last year but the player's weren't and I don't necessarily think this year's roster is as good as last year. Brandon Bass is a decent addition but he's no Davis. Lou Williams is no Lin. I'm gonna give Hibbert a chance before judging. So I would guess similar record to last year given that we have less to tank for (worst record not necessarily guarenteeing a pick) so I think we will see less "experimental" lineups lol probably 25ish wins
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fracture wrote:

I think some people are underestimating the effect Lin and Ed Davis had on the floor for us last year. I agree we were trying to lose last year but the player's weren't and I don't necessarily think this year's roster is as good as last year. Brandon Bass is a decent addition but he's no Davis. Lou Williams is no Lin. I'm gonna give Hibbert a chance before judging. So I would guess similar record to last year given that we have less to tank for (worst record not necessarily guarenteeing a pick) so I think we will see less "experimental" lineups lol probably 25ish wins

You think Lin is better than Williams?
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Captain America wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fracture wrote:

+1?

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject:

47 wins and 7th seed
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject:

20-25 games. Basically this is a good college team playing in NBA, and in West conference.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject:

They'll win 40+ games and make the playoffs
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject:

I think around 30, so I'll be generous and give them 30-35.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Captain America wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fracture wrote:

+1?

I would argue that. He has a higher +/- and eye-test-wise is a better playmaker/defender from what I've seen of Lou, but to be fair I've only seen only a couple games so that's a pretty small sample size
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
diando wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Captain America wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fracture wrote:

+1?

I would argue that. He has a higher +/- and eye-test-wise is a better playmaker/defender from what I've seen of Lou, but to be fair I've only seen only a couple games so that's a pretty small sample size

Jeremy just seems a little, low energy for me. Well, outside of linsanity of course.

Lin has a higher +/-?? If it turned out he didn't, would you change your statement about Lin > Williams?
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject:

40-42, 10th seed
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: