Who would win in a 2 vs 2 today? Nance & Clarkson vs Randle & Russell
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would win in a two verse two?
Nance and Clarkson
40%
 40%  [ 36 ]
Randle and Russell
60%
 60%  [ 54 ]
Total Votes : 90

GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Who would win in a 2 vs 2 today? Nance & Clarkson vs Randle & Russell

I thought an interesting debate thread. In the last two drafts do our two second picks beat the 1st picks today? I tend to think they would. Also for those who will grumble at the poll. It's the off season and slow, the perfect time for hypothetical threads to reign.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Russell and Randle could switch screens while Clarkson and Nance probably couldn't get away with it, as Nance couldn't exploit Russell in the post in the way Randle would Clarkson.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Randle and Russel would win, though Clarkson is the best player currently. He can't make up for Nance being thew worst of the four at this point by a good margin.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject:

I would pick Clarkson and Nance, but it would be close. Clarkson is without a doubt the best player on the court in that game. Plus that tandem is way more athletic and that's important in a 2 on 2 game. Nance would get plenty of put-backs, and Clarkson would beat Russell of the dribble pretty much every time.

Though I will say that the Russell/Randle pick and roll would be quite nice in that matchup.

BTW, you didn't specify (not that's really necessary) but its half-court I assume? If they were playing full court I would take Nance and Clarkson by a wider margin.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:57 am    Post subject:

Nance and clarkson for the win. Mainly because the defense. Clarkson is the best player as others have stated but nance can contain randle and randles defense so far has seemed atrocious. Pick n roll all day, if defense switches clarkson is taking randle all day. If they stay home I see nance getting lobs and generally out hustling randle. Russell will be forced to take jumpers since he won't really be able to penetrate which in 2v2 is generally not the best shot.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Randle and Russel would win, though Clarkson is the best player currently. He can't make up for Nance being thew worst of the four at this point by a good margin.

+1

But Bass and Clarkson are the best duo
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject:

None of these players can guard Randle. Whichever team he is on wins
BstMde83
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:39 am    Post subject:

Randle and Russ. Can't nobody on this Laker Roster can guard Randle 1 on 1, Clarkson is tough to guard his damn self, but I give the edge to the Big Man...
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:38 am    Post subject:

Clarkson and Nance. Clarkson is the best and most experienced player out of the 4. Those two are also the better defenders.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:05 am    Post subject:

Whatever team has clarkson..randle will never let russell touch the ball and will try to bully his way in but will constantly turn the ball over.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:39 am    Post subject:

Please get rid of these polls on this board, move them away to other forum & from discussions. Majority are useless & 95% of users don't vote on them anyway! So sad to come to this board & see polls, what is this The Huffington Post, Fox News, CNN?

Clutter, clutter, clutter!
HC: Riley
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject:

Russell and Randle. I don't think Clarkson could carry Nance, as of now I don't know what he offers other than put backs. Maybe if the Lakers would have went with Hunter or Looney at 27 this would be a better discussion.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject:

Best 2 out of 3?
Jbar805
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject:

Randle would foul out. Clarkson more polished scorer.

I go Clarkson because of his scoring and Nance because of his hustle.
BstMde83
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject:

Since when do Players foul out in a 2 on 2 game? Clarkson can be as polished as he want, It still wouldn't Stop Randle from doing whatever he wants in the Post. Russell is closer to Jordan than Nance is to Randle as far as talent is concerned. With all of that said, its a 2-2, they're ALL NBA PLAYERS, So it could go either way depending on how many games they play..
Jbar805
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject:

BstMde83 wrote:
Since when do Players foul out in a 2 on 2 game? Clarkson can be as polished as he want, It still wouldn't Stop Randle from doing whatever he wants in the Post. Russell is closer to Jordan than Nance is to Randle as far as talent is concerned. With all of that said, its a 2-2, they're ALL NBA PLAYERS, So it could go either way depending on how many games they play..

Apparently you don't speak Sarcasm.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Please get rid of these polls on this board, move them away to other forum & from discussions. Majority are useless & 95% of users don't vote on them anyway! So sad to come to this board & see polls, what is this The Huffington Post, Fox News, CNN?

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed? I actually enjoy seeing new threads like this, it sparks debate and changes the topic from the tiring "Lakers are incompetent" crap.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

30 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed? I actually enjoy seeing new threads like this, it sparks debate and changes the topic from the tiring "Lakers are incompetent" crap.

Just my point, who gives a royal flush who would win a two on two playground game, gee let's make more polls that are irrelevant to this board. I have a feeling that most fans on this board are from the Kobe era, hence the pro Kobe reasoning & posts just to build up their numbers. I also believe TRUE Laker fans know how the real world works & haters will always be haters. I will eventually stop posting here, because this board has faltered as bad as the performance of our TEAM. Knowledgeable fans are hard to come by, just trying to cut through the bull crap that lingers & get to the more important issues than creating polls that mean nothing to 95% of this board. You could not pay me enough to be a mod on this board, many props to them. But most of this BS is from gnats that have nothing else better to do like go on vacation or take time off, after all there's nothing going on until training camp now, get a grip there's a whole real world out there other than criticizing someone else's replies & I won't mention names cause it's ridiculous how the internet gives everyone huge balls even though their thousands of miles away. Yo "30" I've had worst replies so whatever, just saying this boards quality has fallen far from the past! Sarcasm & arrogance is ignorant, truth is indisputable. Peace out!

HC: Riley
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject:

BstMde83 wrote:
Randle and Russ. Can't nobody on this Laker Roster can guard Randle 1 on 1, Clarkson is tough to guard his damn self, but I give the edge to the Big Man...

You don't need to guard him, just go and grab the boards because he doesn't finishes really well, but I still think Nance is too much for Clarkson carry on his back
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Randle should be able to dominate the post, but not sure if he is that guy yet, he tends to brick around the basket. If you spread out and let Clarkson work 1 on 1 he might not miss.
BstMde83
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:25 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
BstMde83 wrote:

You don't need to guard him, just go and grab the boards because he doesn't finishes really well, but I still think Nance is too much for Clarkson carry on his back

There is a difference in finishing well with defenders swarming at you than being guarded 1 on 1 which will be the case here 😅😅
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
30 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Just my point, who gives a royal flush who would win a two on two playground game, gee let's make more polls that are irrelevant to this board. I have a feeling that most fans on this board are from the Kobe era, hence the pro Kobe reasoning & posts just to build up their numbers. I also believe TRUE Laker fans know how the real world works & haters will always be haters. I will eventually stop posting here, because this board has faltered as bad as the performance of our TEAM. Knowledgeable fans are hard to come by, just trying to cut through the bull crap that lingers & get to the more important issues than creating polls that mean nothing to 95% of this board. You could not pay me enough to be a mod on this board, many props to them. But most of this BS is from gnats that have nothing else better to do like go on vacation or take time off, after all there's nothing going on until training camp now, get a grip there's a whole real world out there other than criticizing someone else's replies & I won't mention names cause it's ridiculous how the internet gives everyone huge balls even though their thousands of miles away. Yo "30" I've had worst replies so whatever, just saying this boards quality has fallen far from the past! Sarcasm & arrogance is ignorant, truth is indisputable. Peace out!

I thought this was the most interesting poll I'd seen in quite awhile. Good job OP.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:16 am    Post subject:

BstMde83 wrote:
nash wrote:
BstMde83 wrote:

There is a difference in finishing well with defenders swarming at you than being guarded 1 on 1 which will be the case here 😅😅

i'd say more times then not the same people who make there 1 on 1 baskets are the same people who finish in traffic, and the people who brick in traffic are the same people that will brick 1 on 1.
BstMde83
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject:

Randle either scores or gets fouled when he's 1 one 1.......
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject:

This is a fun poll. Way to go OP.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: