Why wouldn't a combo of Kobe & P. Pierce work?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Why wouldn't a combo of Kobe & P. Pierce work?

I think a trade we can make is Odom for Pierce, and I don't know how that effects the 07 plan, but at this point I don't care. If between the ages of 27-31 is a basketball players prime, why not have 2 guys going for it on the same team. Pierce is an LA boy, he might skyrocket being home and bring that edge we need. I like Odom as a person, but he doesn't have the heart we need. I worried that Odom is going to continue to slide and trash any trade value he will have later, I'm getting frustrated.

Go Lakers!!
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

^^ Waiting for someone to post the proverbial Pierce hates Kobe response without any substantiation.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

kobe and peirce dont flow well offensively, we will turn into a team with no ball movement, just too shooters taking turns with the rock
i think what would work best are:
1 a triple threat pg
2 a post up scorer, 15+ppg
dvjs
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:

I doubt the so called offer from the summer in odom for pierce is still on the table. however, it is not that far fetched to believe that kobe and pierce could become a cohesive duo in the NBA.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
kobe and peirce dont flow well offensively, we will turn into a team with no ball movement, just too shooters taking turns with the rock
i think what would work best are:
1 a triple threat pg
2 a post up scorer, 15+ppg

I doubt that. Kobe & Pierce are both top players in the league, and I am sure they both know that the other can be trusted in to score. Right now, Kobe has nobody to rely on, I think he is actually most comfortable throwing it into Mihm, because he hits more of his shots then any of the other guys on the team. It is said that the Lakers are holding on to Odom in an attempt to make a trade in the summer, but if we get Pierce and it doesn't work out well, isn't Pierce better trade bait then Odom to begin with?
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

If pierce come you can bet Kobe was asked. Not convinced that Celts have interest in a 12mil dollar man in LO who brings nothing compared to pierce to the table
703Soulja
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject:

problem with kobe is he needs someone with a big ego whose going to take shots regardless and get right back in kobes face if kobe starts (bleep) about not getting the ball. problem is Odom is a pass first guy as is, so when you get at him for not passing your jsut (bleep) yourself. No one else really has the credentials to say (bleep) (not that odom does, but the media loves him), so thats where Pjax is supposed to come in and tell Kobe to sacrifice his game for the team and literally force the other guys to carry team. They need to do something just completely different like make kobe practice with the second team and scrimmage the other starters.... force them to step up...

on the topic of Pierce theres no way the lakers get him but he & kobe would be a great duo as both can score from anywhere on the court and are good wing defenders..
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject:

2 big egos together ?

don't think so
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
If pierce come you can bet Kobe was asked. Not convinced that Celts have interest in a 12mil dollar man in LO who brings nothing compared to pierce to the table

I actually think that Odom is a lot better than what he is giving us. He just doesn't fit the system that the Lakers have. Atleast, offensively, he doesn't fit.
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
2 big egos together ?

don't think so

3 championships?

its been done.
703Soulja
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
2 big egos together ?

don't think so

the only thing that can check kobe's ego on the court is another ego.... unless of course you'd rather the lakers stay the way they are. If you seriously think the Lakers just need to get players for kobe and that his style doesnt affect his teammates at all i dont know what to tell you ....
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

It's not ego with Kobe. It's respect. If you can't make the shot, why should you be taking it. Kobe + Pierce would work on Kobe's side. Don't know enough about Pierce's personallity to tell if he could be #2 in the pecking order though.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Do Boston fans have any interest in Odom?
showtime1308
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:

They would work better then Kobe and Odom are that's for sure. Pierce is also a solid defender so the 2's and 3's of the league would be in trouble. However Boston wouldn't do this trade straight up, it would take draft picks and throw-ins to get the deal done. The problem is Pierce's value has increased while Odom's has dropped.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Pierce is a great player, but too similar to Kobe - They are both great perimeter scorers who can do everything well. While that's great to have, I'd rather have some differentiation to our attack. So basically, I'd rather save our cap space for more of an inside presence like a Chris Bosh if we can get him.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
Pierce is a great player, but too similar to Kobe - They are both great perimeter scorers who can do everything well. While that's great to have, I'd rather have some differentiation to our attack. So basically, I'd rather save our cap space for more of an inside presence like a Chris Bosh if we can get him.

I don't think that Pierce would ruin our capspace in 2007, would he? How much will Bosh take up as a free agent? I don't think his max is that much, it will only be his second contract.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject:

just to chime in, Pierce did just fine with another chucker on his team by the name of Antoine Walker...they were a decent playoff team even...now switch that with Kobe Bryant! They'd have the best backcourt in the league by a country mile! I'd do that trade in a freakin heartbeat. Who would they double? lol, Pierce is a guy who can actually hit his open shots!
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Pierce hates Kobe. And I have no substantiation for that.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Simple answer, the NBA only allows ONE basketball on the court at a time!
jamas33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Pierce and Kobe wouldn't work together because of the law of psychic. The gravitational pull between the ball, Kobe and Pierce will be so great that the ball will implode. Games will not be able to be played until someone discovers an anti gravity device for the ball whenever Kobe and/or Pierce is involved with it.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:

you guys must have never seen the celtics in the playoffs with Walker AND Pierce, the basketball even SURVIVED!!!
Showtime_Returns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Truth is that no one can give a legitimate reason why Paul Pierce wouldn't work with Kobe. Pierece fits every requirement that we need in a second option. If we want to make serious noise in the playoffs we have to make a move.
LakersFanESS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject:

I think Pierce is exactly what we need and he is also a SoCal native which is an extra plus.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject:

LakersFanESS wrote:
I think Pierce is exactly what we need and he is also a SoCal native which is an extra plus.

yep, he grew up in the shadow of the good ol forum!!! I'd love Pierce in PnG...though I hate him now
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Pierce is the better player but the Lakers can't make that trade. Take away Odom and the Lakers would get murdered on the inside on rebounding.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: