Sandra Bland, pulled over for failure to signal, yanked and arrested for contempt of cop, died in jail (suicide).
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
There's no policy that specifically states what a person can and cannot say. There are guidelines, but not specific words that all police officers must say. So there is some room for interpretation there.

How come it's always "you don't understand" when it's someone who isn't black but everyone else is the same?

Man -- that is messed up man. I may not be black, but I am a person of color and I am offended at such an assertion. Yikes.

What in the (bleep) are you talking about?

Blacks are treated extremely different by the police. If you want to deny that then go right ahead but you will be wrong.

Is your race treated differently by the police than WHITE PEOPLE are?

How long were your ancestors used as personal slaves for WHITE Americans..assaulted by US Presidents... Bought and sold like livestock...hung from trees..had crimes blamed on them because the cops and courts will just hang a Negro and the case will be closed...

Let's hear about what whitey did to your race in America? Go ahead..tell us..don't just troll your boat.

I'm a total mutt, but I'm part Japanese and I have ancestors who spent their entire childhood in internment camps. How many victim points is that worth? Do I get to hoot and holler about how you don't understand because you didn't experience this horrific event? (Let's just ignore that I didn't either, but I get to claim it by association, right?)

Also, do I get to sum the total victim points incurred by all of my various ancestors or, how do I allocate those points? For instance, if I was only 1/4 black, do I only get 25% of the share of victim points or do I get the full allocation and right to say people don't understand what "my people" went through as well?

Bottom line is, the kind of talk that you (and some others) spew widens the unfortunate gaps that exists on racial lines. Is your goal to reduce or eliminate those racial divides? If so, how exactly does asking what "whitey" did to my race do anything in the way of accomplishing that? How does suggesting to someone who was just giving an opinion, that their race invalidates their opinion help close the gap?

Do you like it, or dislike it, when people to do things to exacerbate the racial issues we have today? I don't like, but that's just me.
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
There's no policy that specifically states what a person can and cannot say. There are guidelines, but not specific words that all police officers must say. So there is some room for interpretation there.

How come it's always "you don't understand" when it's someone who isn't black but everyone else is the same?

Man -- that is messed up man. I may not be black, but I am a person of color and I am offended at such an assertion. Yikes.

Blacks are treated extremely different by the police. If you want to deny that then go right ahead but you will be wrong.

How long were your ancestors used as personal slaves for WHITE Americans..assaulted by US Presidents... Bought and sold like livestock...hung from trees..had crimes blamed on them because the cops and courts will just hang a Negro and the case will be closed...

Let's hear about what whitey did to your race in America? Go ahead..tell us..don't just troll your boat.

I'm a total mutt, but I'm part Japanese and I have ancestors who spent their entire childhood in internment camps. How many victim points is that worth? Do I get to hoot and holler about how you don't understand because you didn't experience this horrific event? (Let's just ignore that I didn't either, but I get to claim it by association, right?)

Also, do I get to sum the total victim points incurred by all of my various ancestors or, how do I allocate those points? For instance, if I was only 1/4 black, do I only get 25% of the share of victim points or do I get the full allocation and right to say people don't understand what "my people" went through as well?

Bottom line is, the kind of talk that you (and some others) spew widens the unfortunate gaps that exists on racial lines. Is your goal to reduce or eliminate those racial divides? If so, how exactly does asking what "whitey" did to my race do anything in the way of accomplishing that? How does suggesting to someone who was just giving an opinion, that their race invalidates their opinion help close the gap?

Do you like it, or dislike it, when people to do things to exacerbate the racial issues we have today? I don't like, but that's just me.

You know I’m with you on this one. If we are having a conversation about what’s going on right now in the present I’m all for that.

Children shouldn’t have to suffer for their parents past sins. I think holding that against white people is grabbing the low hanging fruit and border line racist in itself. Just because your ancestors suffered slavery in the past doesn’t mean you can use that card against a particular race or get special treatment or to excuse your actions or words.

Racism isn’t exclusive to whites here. I’ve seen tons of minorities be racist. People can be racist regardless of color. The only difference is that sometimes minorities think is ok due to “slavery” or other reasons and we want whites to shut up and apologize at every turn.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject:

Uhh . . . you are aware that the US has a long history of racism, abuse and dehumanization of many races of people, nut just black people, right?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I have ancestors who spent their entire lives in slavery. There are no points for that. Yes, you can hoot and holler if you wish.

I cannot know, understand the horrific event you speak of, I can only empathize.

Concerning slavery I can only relay what my family has passed from generation to generation.

I can speak on events of today and how Blacks are treated by LEO. I can also surmise you can't know, understand how Blacks feel because you're not of that ethnic. You can only empathize.

That kind of talk is reality. It doesn't widen the gap, it emphasizes it. The gap will close when officers like Encina are held accountable for their actions. As long as they're allowed to do business as usual the disparity will remain.

i don't think complaining exacerbates the problem it brings attention to it. Protests are a avenue for change. Change won't happen on it's own, it has to be initiated.

I respect your way of thinking. I don't fully agree with it, I do respect it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Uhh . . . you are aware that the US has a long history of racism, abuse and dehumanization of many races of people, nut just black people, right?

I know. it was written in response to him accosting jodeke on racial issues.

currently though blacks are Still treated differently by the courts and police and educational system. The whites are the ones treating them this way because they are in charge..

the reply stemmed from kobeskillz and jodeke saying "enough is enough" and ring finger taking it to an extreme. reaction to it.

when you read 24's reply way back about the citizens who are usually the meanest and most rude to police it was the wealthier, older, much lighter skin colored folk.

I remember being jailed once and it was in a city with about 1% black people yet some inmate was going off with racist (bleep) and I got up in his face and told him he is only a racist because some red neck.relative told him to be and that he didn't even know any black people..

KBCB posted the story about Ruby Bridges and duck it was heartbreaking.. a cute 6 year old black child who was the first black allowed to go to school in New Orleans in like 1960... People, white, held up mini caskets with a black doll in them and held ropes and nooses outside the school.. those sickos had offspring who they taught their hatred to.

I said maybe too much to just say that "I agree with Enough is Enough" and that I believe blacks are treated worse still today in 2015 than other races in the good ol USA.. When will it change?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

^^^^^^^ Enough Is Enough is either not understood or being ignored.

Sandra Bland was calm in the beginning of the stop. The escalation occurred when she was prodded.

People have anger thresholds, was hers reached? She seemed to be a level headed young lady with pride. Encina seemed to be trying to push her buttons.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
^^^^^^^ Enough Is Enough is either not understood or being ignored.

Sandra Bland was calm in the beginning of the interview. The escalation occurred when she was prodded.

People have anger thresholds, was hers reached? She seemed to be a level headed young lady with pride. Encina seemed to be trying to push her buttons.

Agree with you and CI as well as several others in this thread. As far as I can tell Encina deliberately initiated the encounter by bum rushing her car from behind at a high rate of speed and then stopping her when she did the expected. Then when she didn't want to have a pleasant conversation with her, his feelings were hurt and his, as one poster put it, "Southern Pride" kicked in and he made it into something it should have never been.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject:

New Video Released of Sandra Bland Jail Intake:

Intake Video
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I'm not versed in editing. I see Sandra leaving the video bottom left of the screen and reappearing coming out of a cell at the top right of the screen. I don't see how she got there. How did that happen?

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I have ancestors who spent their entire lives in slavery. There are no points for that. Yes, you can hoot and holler if you wish.

I cannot know, understand the horrific event you speak of, I can only empathize.

Concerning slavery I can only relay what my family has passed from generation to generation.

I can speak on events of today and how Blacks are treated by LEO. I can also surmise you can't know, understand how Blacks feel because you're not of that ethnic. You can only empathize.

That kind of talk is reality. It doesn't widen the gap, it emphasizes it. The gap will close when officers like Encina are held accountable for their actions. As long as they're allowed to do business as usual the disparity will remain.

i don't think complaining exacerbates the problem it brings attention to it. Protests are a avenue for change. Change won't happen on it's own, it has to be initiated.

I'm not talking about complaining about it. I'm talking about telling other people they can't possibly get it because their ancestors didn't go through it.

That isn't right.

Your ancestors weren't obliterated via genocide by multiple atomic bombs but I would doubt you'd agree with the idea that your opinion regarding foreign policy means less than mine as a result. Would you?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not versed in editing. I see Sandra leaving the video bottom left of the screen and reappearing coming out of a cell at the top right of the screen. I don't see how she got there. How did that happen?

The footage is from different cameras. 7 hours of footage from all the cameras which contained footage of Sandra Bland were released Monday. Today's release was of the condensed salient footage. They were presenting a live feed and jumping between video cameras. Everything in the way the footage played back was completely normal. When playing back multi-gigabyte video files, there is often lag, freezing, and sometimes the only way to get a file to play properly is to reboot the vid after it freezes. The conspiracy theories about doctored "in jail" video can be put to rest.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The footage is from different cameras. 7 hours of footage from all the cameras which contained footage of Sandra Bland were released Monday. Today's release was of the condensed salient footage. They were presenting a live feed and jumping between video cameras. Everything in the way the footage played back was completely normal. When playing back multi-gigabyte video files, there is often lag, freezing, and sometimes the only way to get a file to play properly is to reboot the vid after it freezes. The conspiracy theories about doctored "in jail" video can be put to rest.

Do you think they have footage of her cell when she hung herself? I got in late on the live feed.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Do you think they have footage of her cell when she hung herself? I got in late on the live feed.

No. There is zero video footage of that particular cell. It is not within the range of Camera's. Video systems in jails serve the primary function of monitoring the general activity inside the jail. They are not designed to monitor activity inside individual jail cells. Such a system would be outrageously clumsy, inefficient, and expensive. It would be akin to having cameras at every cubicle inside an office.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I'm not talking about complaining about it. I'm talking about telling other people they can't possibly get it because their ancestors didn't go through it.

That isn't right.

Your ancestors weren't obliterated via genocide by multiple atomic bombs but I would doubt you'd agree with the idea that your opinion regarding foreign policy means less than mine as a result. Would you?

Consider this.

Quote:

You're speaking on history, I'm talking about now, today.

I don't give any more weight to my opinion than I do yours. I will say you have more invested in your ethnic, me in mine. I give your emotional weight relating to your ethic more than I do mine. I also claim more concerning my ethnic group.

We're not talking about the same thing. I'm saying I don't think you know or can fully understand the way a ethnic feels unless you're a member of that ethnic.

Slavery, Hiroshima and Nagasaki are different stories.

EDIT: It wasn't genocide it was war. Bombings initiated by the Pearl Harbor sneak attack.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Some more data on yet another failed part of our broken justice system:

Quote:
If Sandra Bland indeed committed suicide after spending three days in a Texas jail, as the Harris county medical examiner determined last week, her death fits a pattern: Half of all suicides behind bars occur within the first 14 days of custody. Twenty-three percent happen within the first 24 hours following an arrest. And like two-thirds of the 750,000 people in US jails, Bland had not yet been convicted of any crime.

Bland had two options to get out of jail. The court set a $5,000 bond. If she had the money, which she didn't, she could have posted it and gotten it back when she appeared for trial. Alternately, she could have paid a bail bondsman a 10 percent fee to post bond for her—$500 that she or her family would not get back. Her family's attorney has said that they were working on trying to secure the fee to have her released.

This system, in which people either stay locked up or pay money to a private company to get out, is almost entirely unique to the United States. The Philippines is the only other country with something similar. In Canada, acting as a bail bondsman can earn you two years in prison on a charge equivalent to bribing a juror.

Proponents of our current bail system would say that by requiring a cash bond, the court gave her a financial incentive to appear for court. But a handful of states have outlawed commercial bail, and they are doing just fine. Washington, DC, for example, has had no bail bondsmen since 1992. More than 80 percent of the city's defendants are released before trial, and only 12 percent fail to appear for at least one court hearing.

In Kentucky, where for-profit bail has been banned for nearly four decades, 74 percent of defendants are released before trial and only 6 percent of felony defendants are no-shows in court.

Nationwide, 18 percent of defendants released on commercial bail don't show up.

The effects of bail on defendants are far-reaching. Eighty-nine percent of accused felons are in jail because they cannot afford bail. Staying behind bars means that defendants who can't afford bail will lose their jobs.

Failed Bail Bond System
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That isn't right.

When did Blacks attack America?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That isn't right.

On January 1, 1863, 3,953,760 blacks attacked America when they suddenly morphed from owned livestock into free Human Beings. To date, it is the largest successful invasion in the history of mankind. They used some type of futuristic stealth magic to go undetected. It was an invasion of unprecedented proportions. On December 31st, 1862, Americans went to sleep with a population of 27,489,561, but by the afternoon of January 1, 1863 - the countries population ballooned to 31,443,321 due to that stealth invasion of Black people. It was as if they just appeared out of thin air.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:
On January 1, 1863, 3,953,760 blacks attacked America when they suddenly morphed from owned livestock into free Human Beings. To date, it is the largest successful invasion in the history of mankind. They used some type of futuristic stealth magic to go undetected. It was an invasion of unprecedented proportions. On December 31st, 1862, Americans went to sleep with a population of 27,489,561, but by the afternoon of January 1, 1863 - the countries population ballooned to 31,443,321 due to that stealth invasion of Black people. It was as if they just appeared out of thin air.

LINK

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Quote:

LINK :devil:

I totally forgot to comment on Aussiesuede's reply.. still makes me LOL

He was absolutely right! Numbers may have been off but be was correct.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject:

Curious to know if any reporters have asked to see a plastic bag identical to the one she supposedly used?

How did she get one large enough or can someone really do this with a small one from a little can?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

That isn't right.

Huh? When did all people of a specific race ever attack America? Never.

In either case, it's irrelevant. Do you agree that your opinion on foreign policy, regardless of how extensive, is inferior to mine because my ancestors were blown to bits via nuclear weaponry? Cuz I mean, you couldn't understand and stuff. That's not a fair thing to say, is it?

It's really unfortunate that you don't see how what you spew is exacerbating the racial divide, not bridging it.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That isn't right.

In either case, it's irrelevant. Do you agree that your opinion on foreign policy, regardless of how extensive, is inferior to mine because my ancestors were blown to bits via nuclear weaponry? Cuz I mean, you couldn't understand and stuff. That's not a fair thing to say, is it?

It's really unfortunate that you don't see how what you spew is exacerbating the racial divide, not bridging it.

Japan? WWII? Pearl Harbor? 1941/2015 a singular event in the history of the world?

Vs S 240 plus years as slaves and another 100 years as less than second class citizens..not allowed education and plenty more issues

Is that what you're comparing here and trying to say Japan was bombed because of their race?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That isn't right.

Japan sneak attacked America. I'm not one who thinks the use of nuclear weaponry was the human thing to do. Some are of the school it saved lives.

Japan started the altercation. President Truman authorized the use of the Atom bomb. His reason was he thought it would shorten the war and save lives.

Do you not understand or are you ignoring my post stating
Quote:

You're not laying any onus on Japan for the bombing of their country, why? If they hadn't attacked sneak attacked first there would have been no bombing.

I say again, stop making your conclusions my meaning. I'm not talking about a war I'm talking about Sandra Bland.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject:

"You're not black, you wouldn't understand."

This is a racist statement, jodeke.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
"You're not black, you wouldn't understand."

This is a racist statement, jodeke.

OK.

It's what I believe. I don't think that makes me a racist, it's what I think. It makes me a person with an opinion.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13
Jump to: