Happy Birthday, Gary Payton!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Happy Birthday, Gary Payton!

Today, GP turns 47. Send him shout outs on his Twitter https://twitter.com/GaryPayton_20 Happy birthday, Gary!
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Chauncey Billups stole his birthday cake and Gary couldn't do a thing about it.
ainsley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Still mad he screwed us on the Cs trade
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject:

We could have had Marcus Ebanks!
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject:

As a Laker fan, I hope his birthday sucks.

Thanks for the avatar, Hybrid27.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

ainsley wrote:
Still mad he screwed us on the Cs trade

The dog catcher came for our Doberman on that fateful day.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Chauncey Billups stole his birthday cake and Gary couldn't do a thing about it.

hah!
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Just bumped into him in vegas on Saturday. Asked him if he was still a Laker fan and he responded "I was never a laker fan".

Convo went on and it was clear he wasn't fond of his time here and has no respect for the organization.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
Just bumped into him in vegas on Saturday. Asked him if he was still a Laker fan and he responded "I was never a laker fan".

Convo went on and it was clear he wasn't fond of his time here and has no respect for the organization.

No (bleep). The guy basically tanked it in the Finals and playoffs for us...and we have a thread wishing him "Happy Birthday".
rst08tierney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject:

rst08tierney wrote:
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
golaker wrote:

No (bleep). The guy basically tanked it in the Finals and playoffs for us...and we have a thread wishing him "Happy Birthday".

I'm going to play Devil's advocate. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, but the flip side of the anti-GP argument is that he signed in LA for less than market value, led an injury-depleted team during the regular season (when Shaq, Kobe, Malone were down), expected to be treated like the all-time great player that he was, then was unceremoniously dumped after having enrolled his kids in school in LA without so much as an honest conversation with Mitch.

Let's not pretend that Mitch has the best people skills. Shaq, Payton, Horry, D-Fish, Gasol…lots of guys felt mistreated on their way out of LA.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject:

If the glove fits, I suppose
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject:

He and Malone were never Lakers. Why is this on the lounge?

More Lakers than those two:

Penberthy
Mihm
Morrison
Pig Miller
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Happy birthday GP.

Wasn't a fan of yours any more than you we're a fan of us.

#glorifiedlosersclub.
AuraStar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Happy b-day to GP.

I think Payton Jr. is returning Oregon State for his senior season. He could be a nice pick-up for somebody in next years draft though.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
rst08tierney wrote:
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
golaker wrote:

I'm going to play Devil's advocate. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle, but the flip side of the anti-GP argument is that he signed in LA for less than market value, led an injury-depleted team during the regular season (when Shaq, Kobe, Malone were down), expected to be treated like the all-time great player that he was, then was unceremoniously dumped after having enrolled his kids in school in LA without so much as an honest conversation with Mitch.

Let's not pretend that Mitch has the best people skills. Shaq, Payton, Horry, D-Fish, Gasol…lots of guys felt mistreated on their way out of LA.

So this is a pity "happy birthday"? He was mistreated so he deserves cake and ice-cream all these years later? You miss the point. The point is he's not a Laker. Fete him somewhere else.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject:

japanesebeef1 wrote:
mirak wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
golaker wrote:

So this is a pity "happy birthday"? He was mistreated so he deserves cake and ice-cream all these years later? You miss the point. The point is he's not a Laker. Fete him somewhere else.

Clearly you missed the point. I wished no one a happy birthday. Check your anger big guy.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
japanesebeef1 wrote:
mirak wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
golaker wrote:

Clearly you missed the point. I wished no one a happy birthday. Check your anger big guy.

Sorry to pin the OP's idea on you . . . true that it wasn't fair. Still, in my mind, this is off topic and belongs in the general basketball area. Was he good. Yeah. Does he deserve fans. Yeah. Was he a Laker? Not in any sense that mattered.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: