Is this team worse then last years team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject:

If Kobe gets 22&6 for 65 games we'll have a chance at playoffs.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject:

We may end up with a similar record to last season this coming season. We need to keep into account that this is almost total a new team on the ground which will need to gel. Compound that with the fact that we have a lot of keeper rookies that will getting their feet wet.

This is a team that fans need to have lots of patience and quit the blame game passion on the rookies and even on the hired guns.

IMO, sit back let the guys get those feet wet, gel and over all just let these guys grow together. Rebuilding is a process, not a one and done...

Last edited by deal on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:

Yeah, but also dependent on his shooting percentage.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

Even if we don't win as many games as we did last season this team is already better.
At least we're headed in the right direction.
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Se may end up with a similar record to last season this coming season. We need to keep into account that this is almost total a new team on the ground which will need to gel. Compound that with the fact that we have a lot of keeper rookies that will getting their feet wet.

This is a team that fans need to have lots of patience and quit the blame game passion on the rookies and even on the hired guns.

IMO, sit back let the guys get those feet wet, gel and over all just let these guys grow together. Rebuilding is a process, not a one and done...

I agree with your estimation. Moreover, our head coach is not as good as many others, which would also delay the development of these young players.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:

You realize he went 22 & 6 last season, right?
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

In a total of 35 games with horrible inefficiency. Look at D Wade's numbers from last tear; if we get that or anything near that for Kobe, that's a success, IMO.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

In a total of 35 games with horrible inefficiency. Look at D Wade's numbers from last tear; if we get that or anything near that for Kobe, that's a success, IMO.

Do you know our record in those 35 games? Looked it up, could not find.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

I'm not in a place where I could get that information. I'll look it up later unless you or someone can access and post the info sooner...
BigislandHank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject:

Is this year's team better? Yes if we can stay away from the injuries that have plagued us for two-years in a row. As bad as it was to lose Kobe, the worst injury was having Randle go down in his first game. It took away a year of development and if it didn't happen we would have a much better player today than we do now. But such is fate. Still in love with his potential, but I'd like to see Bass start and Julius come off the bench at least to start the season. Less pressure for the youngster.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

10-25 wins/losses w/Kobe on the floor last year...
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Looking back on the game log, he averaged 37.2 minutes in November; and 34.2 in December; if you look at his attempts/misses on shot attempts, he was horribly inefficient in some games. I know he had to be fatigued. He also said he experienced pain in his shoulder since the preseason.

So, less minutes are must this season, I think he'll sit out most if not all back to backs, etc; in short, if we do everything we can to preserve his healthy for the season, I'm still not expecting him to participate in more than 55 games, IMO.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Really sucks to see him go out this way if he can't finish this year off. I hope he can average those numbers with 45% from the field. If this team stays healthy I can see them making the playoffs or at least 9 seed.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Se may end up with a similar record to last season this coming season. We need to keep into account that this is almost total a new team on the ground which will need to gel. Compound that with the fact that we have a lot of keeper rookies that will getting their feet wet.

+1
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject:

So we would have won 2 more games last season had Kobe played the full 82... Do I have that correct?

This is why everything is too dependent on Hibbert having an all-star type of season. Even if Kobe gives you 60 healthy games it's more than likely not going to determine much.

Last edited by greenfrog on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:26 am; edited 3 times in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject:

Hafta wait and see
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
lakerMark wrote:
s_habe wrote:
textbook wrote:
price/Lin vs. Dlo/clarkson
Ellington/Clark vs. Clarkson/Williams
Johnson/Young vs. Kobe/Young
Boozer/Davis vs. Bass/Randle
Hill/Sacre vs. Hibbert/Black

IN: Russell, Kobe, Williams, Bass, Hibbert, Randle, Brown, Nance, Upshaw*

OUT: Lin, Price, Ellington, Johnson, Hill, Davis.

Yeah, I think we got a little better.

PG - worse this year. Due to the impact of Lin. Russell will just start to learn.
SG - probably slightly better this year. Thanks to Williams.
SF - slight edge this year. Wes was just too inconsistent. But we got weaker defensively.
PF - even at most. Randle is still a rook. There is a learning curve.
C - better. At least we have a starting caliber C now.

PG- Is our strongest position Lin was terrible, lost his starting job to Ronny "Freaking" Price. When Russell struggles early Scott will move Clarkson to the point and bring in Lou Williams. Tell me how anything we had last year is better than Russell, Clarkson, Lou Williams, and Kobe at the guard spots. Come on people if you are going to make a point that we are worse please look at it objectively.

Lin lost nothing. It was all about weird coaching.
Russell has nothing but a hype so far while Lin was one of the most efficient PGs of the entire league.
Hoepefully Russell will learn and develop as fast as Clarkson did, but I would not bet on this. Lin is a proven entity. Very solid when coached correctly.

Lin was a solid tank commander.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
We may end up with a similar record to last season this coming season. We need to keep into account that this is almost total a new team on the ground which will need to gel. Compound that with the fact that we have a lot of keeper rookies that will getting their feet wet.

I disagree only because the veterans we have on this team are better than the veterans we had last season. I consider that team a 27-28 win team, and winning 29+ I think is more likely to happen than not. Unless there are horrible injuries of course.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

Lakersprime wrote:
deal wrote:

I agree with your estimation. Moreover, our head coach is not as good as many others, which would also delay the development of these young players.

Yeah, he ruined Clarkson's development.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
So we would have won 2 more games last season had Kobe played the full 82... Do I have that correct?

This is why everything is too dependent on Hibbert having an all-star type of season. Even if Kobe gives you 60 healthy games it's more than likely not going to determine much.

If Kobe can give you 60 healthy, efficient games, I think that would be great. I'd think that'd make a difference, but that is dependent on the talent that's around him, Scott properly utilizing him, etc.

We also have some other creators/shot makers to ease the burden off of Kobe. My hope is that we use Kobe in more off ball action this year; I do like the instances in when he facilitated last year...
EmoDias
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

This is still a discussion? Of course they are better! Here's my top ten reasons.

1. We're not tanking anymore
2. Upgraded roster
3. Lots of injuries last year
4. We have a bench
5. Better defensively this year
6. More offensive firing power
7. No mo rent a players
8. Hungrier team
9. More ready youngsters
10. In Kobe we trust
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakersprime wrote:
deal wrote:

Yeah, he ruined Clarkson's development.
On paper, this team has more talent than last year

Key is how many games The Black Mamba will be playing since his contract takes up almost 25% of the team's cap space.

If Swaggy P can't produce on offense, that will be another waster roster spot

The SF position lacks depth unless Brown develops quickly

Given that the roster now is a very young team and almost a complete makeover from last year, the veterans (acquired and Kobe - Kelly and Sacre don't count) will be invaluable in establishing a strong foundation for the youngsters.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Ed Davis (last season), or Randle (this season)... which will be better?

I hope Randle. By my guess is he's going to struggle at first, so if I had to bet my money would be on Davis.

I'm convinced a healthy Randle will surprise a lot of people this year (not me however) and show a significant improvement which I base on what we saw of him during some impressive stints for the few minutes we've seen him play so far therefore my money's on Randle.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
activeverb wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Ed Davis (last season), or Randle (this season)... which will be better?
I hope Randle. By my guess is he's going to struggle at first, so if I had to bet my money would be on Davis.
I'm convinced a healthy Randle will surprise a lot of people this year (not me however) and show a significant improvement which I base on what we saw of him during some impressive stints for the few minutes we've seen him play so far therefore my money's on Randle.
Randle has more tools and physical skills. Davis has a nose for the ball and rebounds.

With Randle, Clarkson and Russell able to bring the ball into the front court with speed - the pace will be higher

If Hibbert can trigger the fastbreaks with blocks and rebounds, that will trigger the youngsters for easy early offense points

Kobe, hopefully he will be healthy throughout the season, will be able to close the games despite playing only 25-30 MPG
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:

Exactly if Kobe takes 25 shots to make 22 points the Lakers are in trouble.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12
Jump to: