Jerry West: Wilt would embarrass todays centers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject:

I've really changed my perspective the past few months the more i watch these old videos. It's pretty clear to me that even without much era-adjustment for skills/athleticism, the same prime wilt of the 60s would dominate today. I've watched what little video there is, and there is no lack of any fundamental skill or anything. You know how sometimes in these old videos, they shoot weird granny shots or stiff jumpers...he doesn't really do that. he has a legit jumper, his moves are sound, he doesn't really lack anything. he's still probably stronger than anyone today, he can dribble kind of like a guard. as the above posters have said, if anything, the rules are more flexible now.
He's making jumpers from past the free throw line, that's nuts. he's really jumping 2 feet in the air. I used to watch his interviews as a retired player long ago, and i always thought his confidence (whenever he is asked how well he would do today) was just his pride/cockiness. but he's really smart, and he's the kind of guy that would admit if he couldn't do it, it seems. So i am now agreeing that he would dominate today also. his stats wouldn't be so crazy like the 50 ppg, but that's because of the style and rule changes now, not because he can't.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: