OFFICIAL POSITIVITY/OPTIMISM THREAD
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: OFFICIAL POSITIVITY/OPTIMISM THREAD

Frankly, I am sick of all these "fans" just looking for every reason to whine and bicker about the Lakers. So many people are the kings of hind site and its getting annoying. Byron sucks, blah blah,.. Should have drafted Okafor etc...

This thread is to discuss things we LIKE about the Lakers are what they have done. And if there is a decision you don 't like, then your post should be why you dont like it but than counter with something good that could happen from the move eventually.

Ill start.

Byron has been given a bad rap but honestly we cant judge him based on the lack of talent he had last year. I think the Lakers are making the right moves and stockpiling great young talent while adding some veterans to fill in the holes around them.

For the first time in years, I can honestly say I like our coach along with all the players on the team. This team will be a fun one to root for.

Kobe has done far more with far less talent than we have this year. I know people are gonna say kobe is washed up and old and cant come back from this injury but in the back of my head I always have to tell myself that this is KOBE BRYANT we are talking about. He is not human and there is no doubt in my mind he will be playing at an elite level this season..

We will surprise a lot of people this season. We Will
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

this is a fans forum bruh. even in 2010 when we only lost 17 games (?) people were cokmplaining after each loss about how terrible the team was and how our mindset wasnt right if we were goign to win b2b.

anywho, i think we have the chance to get the 7-8th seed at best if we hve absolutely no injuries to the core players, and if kobe doesnt try to be vintage kobe. and if we get a midseason trade? maybe we will be like the 08 lakers who surprised alot of people and were floating above the top 5 seed and with a major trade in feb finished #1 (or #2, i forgot)
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

I agree...ever since the draft it's been pretty terrible
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject:

I'm also pretty happy with the orginization in general. We're headed in the right direction
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

Is it october yet I cannot waiiiiitttttttt
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject:

I Think we are in a good place from 2016-18. We will get a franchise leader by then in Westbrook, Paul George or even Boogie by then in addition to DLO, Randle and clarkson.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

Just sign Robert Upshaw and I'll be happy.
SaintStephen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

I am really looking forward to watching Russell, Randle, and Clarkson develop together over the next few seasons. If we keep that trio together, they could do some special things down the road. It'll really be a joy to see them grow and adapt to each other's games.
Love&Peace
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject:

Recarnation of the 2013 Kobe and Hibbert= playoffs!!! Get some!!

Russell. Williams
Clarkson. JBrown
Kobe. Young
Randle. Bass
Hibbert. Black
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

SaintStephen wrote:
I am really looking forward to watching Russell, Randle, and Clarkson develop together over the next few seasons. If we keep that trio together, they could do some special things down the road. It'll really be a joy to see them grow and adapt to each other's games.

I am excited about Anthony Brown as well, I see him as an Ariza-type of player in the future. Perfect complimentary piece.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject:

guys, we have a good team with good players. good young players. there's no reason why this bunch can't win a championship.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject:

3) Clarkson continues to impress for a player selected with a 46th pick
2) Russell and Randle(I'm considering this upcoming season as his real first year) have solid rookie seasons
1) Kobe plays at least 60 games

I'd consider that a successful season no matter the win count. I'm pessimistic towards our playoff chances, solely because we play in a brutal Western Conference, but that doesn't mean that next season will be a failure if we don't make it in. I'm looking forward to this upcoming season more than I did the previous two.

We hit rock bottom already. Now there's nowhere to go but up!

Last edited by Lakers95 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Agent P
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

It's hard to be patient as Lakers fans, but I love that we actually have some young guys to develop and watch grow. The future is looking bright.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I like the youth movement and seeing the development of a high draft pick. I think we're going to surprise many teams and I'm predicting Clarkson will be in the running for most improved player.

Also, our bench looks amazing on paper. Black, Swaggy P, Williams, Nance, and Bass is one of the better benches in the league.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

If these guys bring what NVE/EJones/divac brought is a great start considering what those guys net us in return.

Lakers currently suck... we're much worse than other times where we've been in non-ring era's.

If this crew (sans kobe) gets us back to the playoffs; we're suddenly in the race for the next superstar (cuz there isn't really any right now).
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Robert Upshaw gets signed and comes out of nowhere like Hassan Whiteside next season
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL POSITIVITY/OPTIMISM THREAD

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Frankly, I am sick of all these "fans" just looking for every reason to whine and bicker about the Lakers. So many people are the kings of hind site and its getting annoying. Byron sucks, blah blah,.. Should have drafted Okafor etc...

This thread is to discuss things we LIKE about the Lakers are what they have done. And if there is a decision you don 't like, then your post should be why you dont like it but than counter with something good that could happen from the move eventually.

Ill start.

Byron has been given a bad rap but honestly we cant judge him based on the lack of talent he had last year. I think the Lakers are making the right moves and stockpiling great young talent while adding some veterans to fill in the holes around them.

For the first time in years, I can honestly say I like our coach along with all the players on the team. This team will be a fun one to root for.

Kobe has done far more with far less talent than we have this year. I know people are gonna say kobe is washed up and old and cant come back from this injury but in the back of my head I always have to tell myself that this is KOBE BRYANT we are talking about. He is not human and there is no doubt in my mind he will be playing at an elite level this season..

We will surprise a lot of people this season. We Will

I think it's less about positivism/optimism that reasonable expectations and goals.

I don't think we'll make the playoffs. I don't think Kobe will turn back the clock.

The point of this season is to watch the young players develop and hope a good number of them pan out. And then build on that.

We're at the beginning of a long drive. As we pull out the driveway, some people are already yelling, "Why aren't we there yet?" or "We'll never get there!"

We don't need rose colored glasses. We need to be patient and accept the trip is just beginning.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject:

LA is running the GS model to perfection. Use two high lotto picks and an overachieving 2nd rounder to land two stellar guards and a versatile forward. Trade for a defensive Center. Have a disciplinarian coach who brings along the young guys and preaches defense to set up the closer who steps in when your roster matures and you bring in the pieces to complete it.

Give the team time to mature, add the right complimentary pieces (Williams, Bass, Young) while continuing to be opportunistic with stars in free agency by steering clear of albatross deals. At the same time, take chances with versatile forwards late in the draft (Kelly, Nance, A Brown) that may mature into small ball options.

Kobe first fans suffer along side 'contend every year' fans, fed by propoganda from the Buss kids, Jackson appologists, Bryant's mouthpieces and a general Laker hater contingent. Truth is LA made exactly the right choice to be horrid rather than make moves to the middle. That hurts you in free agency until the young guys get better. But it's the model that the CBA dictates.

Last edited by Laker's Fan on Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SaintStephen wrote:

I am excited about Anthony Brown as well, I see him as an Ariza-type of player in the future. Perfect complimentary piece.

I agree with both statements.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject:

I'm officially positive this will be merged.
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
guys, we have a good team with good players. good young players. there's no reason why this bunch can't win a championship.

Yah I definitely see us dominating the league this season and challenging the Bull's 72-10 record.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm both optimistic and positive that this thread could and should be renamed to "Official Lakers Therapy Support Group."
Irie
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject:

See, boards or forums like this feed on Negativity. Look at the D'Angelo thread for example. It kept going and going because of his poor performance (in freakin' SL) He has one good game and POOF they'e gone. Then we have a couple more pages of positivity and the thread slowly dies until his next poor game. This is a trend with all threads. Chicken Littles all over the place trying to bring everyone down.

I bleed purple and gold but I don't actually want to bleed and think the world is going to end becaude of my team (maybe if we lose the finals lol). There's a fine line between sanity and insanity and it's when people's emotions get the better of them that drive them to the insanity side where their feelings are absolute and there is no way to snap them out of it but a win. I'm hoping for wins so I can come to this board more often. I don't need to feel extra down after some bad news and I'm really not in the mood to come here to read people's cries and tears especially brcause itll only make my mood that much worse. I do love coming here when we win though. It's my one stop to read thr latest news, videos, and pictures.

I'm a realist with a positive outlook. Just my thought.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

So is this the official - OFFICIAL OPTIMISTIC/POSITIVE THREAD feel good

yes, no, maybe
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SaintStephen wrote:

I agree.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: