OFFICIAL POSITIVITY/OPTIMISM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait to get started!

GO LAKERS
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject:

You joined last year, but Russell was drafted last month. How did you know they were going to draft Russell?
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
Robert Upshaw gets signed and comes out of nowhere like Hassan Whiteside next season

Forget Hassan Whiteside,I will be even happy if Upshaw gets signed and shows his Goodside and not Darkside.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: OFFICIAL POSITIVITY/OPTIMISM THREAD

activeverb wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Frankly, I am sick of all these "fans" just looking for every reason to whine and bicker about the Lakers. So many people are the kings of hind site and its getting annoying. Byron sucks, blah blah,.. Should have drafted Okafor etc...

This thread is to discuss things we LIKE about the Lakers are what they have done. And if there is a decision you don 't like, then your post should be why you dont like it but than counter with something good that could happen from the move eventually.

Ill start.

Byron has been given a bad rap but honestly we cant judge him based on the lack of talent he had last year. I think the Lakers are making the right moves and stockpiling great young talent while adding some veterans to fill in the holes around them.

For the first time in years, I can honestly say I like our coach along with all the players on the team. This team will be a fun one to root for.

Kobe has done far more with far less talent than we have this year. I know people are gonna say kobe is washed up and old and cant come back from this injury but in the back of my head I always have to tell myself that this is KOBE BRYANT we are talking about. He is not human and there is no doubt in my mind he will be playing at an elite level this season..

We will surprise a lot of people this season. We Will

I think it's less about positivism/optimism that reasonable expectations and goals.

I don't think we'll make the playoffs. I don't think Kobe will turn back the clock.

The point of this season is to watch the young players develop and hope a good number of them pan out. And then build on that.

We're at the beginning of a long drive. As we pull out the driveway, some people are already yelling, "Why aren't we there yet?" or "We'll never get there!"

We don't need rose colored glasses. We need to be patient and accept the trip is just beginning.

This.

For me, it's less about wins/losses than it is about the development of our young guys. Might sound crazy, but I'd rather win 40 games on the shoulders of our young guys, than see Kobe go all out in his final year at the expense of the youth movement to eek in a 41 win season. (Not saying those are the only two options).

Now hopefully, their development comes with some wins, and I'd love that, but I'm looking for this team to identify and solidify the core that's going to attract the missing pieces we need to make a run.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject:

we have a ton of scoring on this team hopefully we can put it together should be a fun year!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Unless youre a teenager you probably shouldn't let people on the internet irritate you so easily. Aside from that everyone has a right to their own opinion as they say. Its not fair to tell people what to think or what not to think.

I am personally very excited about the season even though I dont believe we will make the playoffs.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
You joined last year, but Russell was drafted last month. How did you know they were going to draft Russell?

"Inside sources"
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Unless youre a teenager you probably shouldn't let people on the internet irritate you so easily. Aside from that everyone has a right to their own opinion as they say. Its not fair to tell people what to think or what not to think.

I am personally very excited about the season even though I dont believe we will make the playoffs.

It's not about getting irritated. It's just annoying to constantly see people complain about stuff AFTER the fact and saying buss shouldn't have done this or that eye.

It is fair for people to have their own opinion. That's why this thread is just for positive opinions in case people don't want to see negative posts all the time.

GO LAKERS
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject:

KOBEE 3.0 wrote:
It's hard to be patient as Lakers fans, but I love that we actually have some young guys to develop and watch grow. The future is looking bright.

What is KOBEE 3.0? Is 2.0 on detention or something?

Ankywhoo, I'm excited for the season. I'm always excited for the new season I love the Lakers and I love NBA basketball. This year, I am optimistic that I will stay stoked for the entire season.
gooner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Are you telling me what to think?
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject:

I wouldnt mind seeing Kobe play at the 4. Certainly would be easier on his body and he would def get some mismatches. On the defensive end of the court he is big enough and SMART enough to handle someone in the post. Honestly, doesnt seem that far fetched of an idea to me
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject:

Positistivity and optimism are nice, but reality is something that cannot be ignored right now. I am personally not happy with the fact that we did not get any FA that we truly wanted, that is not a good sign of things to come. Am I going to support the team, of course, but the rope that this team is hanging onto is getting shorter. Jim and Mitch are now totally responsible for this team. Should we have patience, yes, I am not expecting this team to be world beaters, but what I am expecting is the team to show progress. I think we all will know if the team is making real progress.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

Clarkson for MIP, Hibbert for DPOY, B.Scott for COY, Randle/Russell co-ROY, Kobe for MVP + Finals MVP and R.Kelly traded for Anthony Davis + 1st Rd pick!!!
Irie
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
Positistivity and optimism are nice, but reality is something that cannot be ignored right now. I am personally not happy with the fact that we did not get any FA that we truly wanted, that is not a good sign of things to come. Am I going to support the team, of course, but the rope that this team is hanging onto is getting shorter. Jim and Mitch are now totally responsible for this team. Should we have patience, yes, I am not expecting this team to be world beaters, but what I am expecting is the team to show progress. I think we all will know if the team is making real progress.

Progress: Hibbert @ Center rather than Hill (keep in mInd Hill was requines to score). Clarkson in his 2nd year and showing more. Randle coming back from injury. Kobe back from injury. Lou Williams and Brandon Bass vs. Wesley Johnson and Jeremy Lin. Then there's Russell.

Just saying, it's a step in the right direction. In order for us to get back to that franchise everyone wants to play for we need to win but win with who we have. You and I know it was bad last year. BAD. But the optimism comes from another season to see what we put together. Instead of just watching to see what Clarkson has improved on from game to game like I did last year (he was literally the only reason games were fun to watch) we have everyone I mentioned above to be excited about.

Now, winning is a different story. Will we win more than last year? I'd put money on that. Easy. Will we contend for a playoff spot? That's a maybe. However, we need to compete with the best of them. We will lose some of those and it's OK but I feel like that's how we will attract superstar FAs from here on out. We cannot keep harping about what we have done and cannot keep whining like spoiled Lakers brats because we are not getting back to the top as fast as we've done in the pass. It's a new era. As much as it's about progressing it's as much to do with the patience side of it Hold in your cries and hold firm because as Lakers fans that we are best known for.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:

At the end of the day we cant control which FA decides to sign with us. This FA Class was actually pretty weak and in normal lakers times we wouldnt have even bothered looking at any of these players. The FANS have put pressure on the organization so i think thats why they even look at Aldridge. We never had a real shot at him, but pressure forced the front office to try and go after him.

Hibbert was a steal and in honesty I think he has more potential than Dandre Jordan and we got him at a fraction of the price it would have cost us. We added depth this offseason... There really was NO superstars or game changers available for us to even go after
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

I'm optimistic that this team will make the playoffs this year. It's a redemption year for Hibbert, Kobe, Young, and Scott. They all have something to prove. Everyone will contribute but the player that's going to lead us there is Clarkson. I'm expecting a big year from Clarkson.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

Well, ESPN has upgraded our "young core" talent to 17th. That's way up from last year?
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Well, ESPN has upgraded our "young core" talent to 17th. That's way up from last year?

Lol ESPN is still hating on us.

There is no better young talent core in the league than

Randle, Clarkson, Russel

Maybe the only other close is Minny
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Randle, Clarkson, Russel

Well, it also counts guys like Anthony Davis. I think we will move up, but it's not too off as of today.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject:

Irie wrote:
Voices wrote:

Progress: Hibbert @ Center rather than Hill (keep in mInd Hill was requines to score). Clarkson in his 2nd year and showing more. Randle coming back from injury. Kobe back from injury. Lou Williams and Brandon Bass vs. Wesley Johnson and Jeremy Lin. Then there's Russell.

Just saying, it's a step in the right direction. In order for us to get back to that franchise everyone wants to play for we need to win but win with who we have. You and I know it was bad last year. BAD. But the optimism comes from another season to see what we put together. Instead of just watching to see what Clarkson has improved on from game to game like I did last year (he was literally the only reason games were fun to watch) we have everyone I mentioned above to be excited about.

Now, winning is a different story. Will we win more than last year? I'd put money on that. Easy. Will we contend for a playoff spot? That's a maybe. However, we need to compete with the best of them. We will lose some of those and it's OK but I feel like that's how we will attract superstar FAs from here on out. We cannot keep harping about what we have done and cannot keep whining like spoiled Lakers brats because we are not getting back to the top as fast as we've done in the pass. It's a new era. As much as it's about progressing it's as much to do with the patience side of it Hold in your cries and hold firm because as Lakers fans that we are best known for.

Nice reply, seems about right.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Clarkson for MIP, Hibbert for DPOY, B.Scott for COY, Randle/Russell co-ROY, Kobe for MVP + Finals MVP and R.Kelly traded for Anthony Davis + 1st Rd pick!!!

Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Voices wrote:

At the end of the day we cant control which FA decides to sign with us. This FA Class was actually pretty weak and in normal lakers times we wouldnt have even bothered looking at any of these players. The FANS have put pressure on the organization so i think thats why they even look at Aldridge. We never had a real shot at him, but pressure forced the front office to try and go after him.

Hibbert was a steal and in honesty I think he has more potential than Dandre Jordan and we got him at a fraction of the price it would have cost us. We added depth this offseason... There really was NO superstars or game changers available for us to even go after

Hibbert is a big question mark for me, I see a mentally weak player, plus he really had a bad season. Usually big guy's that play in the key shoot high percentage, not Hilbert last season, my concern is he is playing his last year of this current contract and will probably play his butt off for a new contract, then?????

You are saying this was a bad FA class then why did the Lakers go after FA's. Can't have it both way's.
SaintStephen
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Randle, Clarkson, Russel

Well, it also counts guys like Anthony Davis. I think we will move up, but it's not too off as of today.

Yep, we can't contend with teams like the Jazz, Bucks, and Magic, who have been accumulating high picks for years and have used them successfully.

The reason we're way down at 17 is the projection thinks Randle is gonna stink, I think if you believe in Randle we definitely belong top ten. But easily first? Nah.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject:

SaintStephen wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Randle, Clarkson, Russel

Yep, we can't contend with teams like the Jazz, Bucks, and Magic, who have been accumulating high picks for years and have used them successfully.

The reason we're way down at 17 is the projection thinks Randle is gonna stink, I think if you believe in Randle we definitely belong top ten. But easily first? Nah.

Yeah. I think we can move up to top 10 if Russell/Randle play well this year. I think Clarkson is more than holding his own here.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

Here's some positivity for you...It can't possibly be worse than last year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: