Vitti retiring at end of season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject:

From the constant moustache and curly locks to the bald dome. Dude has seen it all.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Look, I understand that he has been with the organization for a very long time, and he is a laker for life. What he did for Magic is amazing and he deserves respect for that.

But that was 25 years ago. Now, Vitti is the guy who listened to Randle tell him that he felt a bump on his leg, told him to just play, and then Randle broke his leg. He is the guy who supervised three straight seasons of Lakers being among the bottom 3 in most games missed to injury.

Whether that is because he does not believe in modern technology, does not know anything about it, or just doesn't care anymore, matters not. He should have retired a long time ago.

I have a lot of respect for what Vitti did those many years ago, but I do not have respect for his recent years, and him retiring is way overdue.

This true?? Guy is an idiot if thats real
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Gary Vitti: Hall Monitor

Quote:
MT: What is that building flow that you’re seeking that an NBA team should have?
Vitti: Theoretically, you want the entry into your facility to be into the training room, so I or whoever the head athletic trainer know who’s here and who’s not. So if you walk through my room, then I see you, because I’m always going to be here before you. The weight room has to be adjacent to the practice court as well as the training room. It has to have window, so you can see what’s going on out there. Same thing with the hydrotherapy areas: the cold pools and the exercise pools. They have to be in between the weight room and the shower facility, because you don’t want water everywhere. Water needs to stay where water needs to be. If someone’s going down for the third time in the exercise pool, you’ve got to be able to see that. The players’ lounge needs to be next to the players’ locker room. And then some of the more important flow things include the film room needing to have a door from the basketball court. You don’t want your film room being back by your locker room, because you start your practice every day on the basketball court in a circle with the coach telling the players, ‘OK, here’s what we’re going to do today.’ And then you’ll either remain on the court or go in the film room. If you’re going into the film room and it’s back near the locker room, you’re going to start losing guys. They’re going to go to the bathroom or their locker or check their cell phone. It’s going to be like herding cats. So you really need to get them from the court into one door to the film room and then straight back out onto the basketball court. Another thing that needs to be out on the basketball area is a bathroom. It can be a small bathroom, but if somebody needs to go to the bathroom during practice, they walk through a door and there it is. If they have to go all the way back into the team shower facility, once again he’s going to stop at his locker and make a phone call. The great thing about the Rossetti architects is that they have built some other facilities and they were willing to listen and design around the flow that we’ve wanted. We’ve seen it on paper, and it’s going to be fabulous: second to none in the league.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/150804_vittiqa?cid=tw

Good interview about the new facilities, players, etc
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

Quote:
MT: What is that building flow that you’re seeking that an NBA team should have?
Vitti: Theoretically, you want the entry into your facility to be into the training room, so I or whoever the head athletic trainer know who’s here and who’s not. So if you walk through my room, then I see you, because I’m always going to be here before you. The weight room has to be adjacent to the practice court as well as the training room. It has to have window, so you can see what’s going on out there. Same thing with the hydrotherapy areas: the cold pools and the exercise pools. They have to be in between the weight room and the shower facility, because you don’t want water everywhere. Water needs to stay where water needs to be. If someone’s going down for the third time in the exercise pool, you’ve got to be able to see that. The players’ lounge needs to be next to the players’ locker room. And then some of the more important flow things include the film room needing to have a door from the basketball court. You don’t want your film room being back by your locker room, because you start your practice every day on the basketball court in a circle with the coach telling the players, ‘OK, here’s what we’re going to do today.’ And then you’ll either remain on the court or go in the film room. If you’re going into the film room and it’s back near the locker room, you’re going to start losing guys. They’re going to go to the bathroom or their locker or check their cell phone. It’s going to be like herding cats. So you really need to get them from the court into one door to the film room and then straight back out onto the basketball court. Another thing that needs to be out on the basketball area is a bathroom. It can be a small bathroom, but if somebody needs to go to the bathroom during practice, they walk through a door and there it is. If they have to go all the way back into the team shower facility, once again he’s going to stop at his locker and make a phone call. The great thing about the Rossetti architects is that they have built some other facilities and they were willing to listen and design around the flow that we’ve wanted. We’ve seen it on paper, and it’s going to be fabulous: second to none in the league.

Great read, thanks. Hyped about the new facility. Sounds awesome.

Also glad to hear about some of the advances we are doing now with load monitoring, etc. The insight into Randle's frustrations was cool, too.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Look, I understand that he has been with the organization for a very long time, and he is a laker for life. What he did for Magic is amazing and he deserves respect for that.

But that was 25 years ago. Now, Vitti is the guy who listened to Randle tell him that he felt a bump on his leg, told him to just play, and then Randle broke his leg. He is the guy who supervised three straight seasons of Lakers being among the bottom 3 in most games missed to injury.

Whether that is because he does not believe in modern technology, does not know anything about it, or just doesn't care anymore, matters not. He should have retired a long time ago.

I have a lot of respect for what Vitti did those many years ago, but I do not have respect for his recent years, and him retiring is way overdue.

are you an orthopedic surgeon? pretty brave to call him an idiot.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject:

All_Star_Laker wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

i'm not an orthopedic surgeon, but if a player tells his trainer he has any discomfort or doubt about his knee, the last thing that trainer should say to him is go back and play. why not sit him out rest of the game or at least the 1st half and evaluate during half time? Gary Vitti is an idiot for telling Randle keep playing as simple as that. Vitti probably gets his entitlement from Buss family for been there all these years, but results of his body of work speaks volume (mis-diagonsis on Malone, Bynum, Kobe, etc etc etc). the guy needs to get FIRED a long time ago, retiring on his own term is too easy a way out for him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

All_Star_Laker wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Typical internet tough guy
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Quote:

Great read, thanks. Hyped about the new facility. Sounds awesome.

Also glad to hear about some of the advances we are doing now with load monitoring, etc. The insight into Randle's frustrations was cool, too.

It was a good read. I am kind of amazed how much thought goes into who sits where on the plane.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

With an MD in about 2 weeks. Xoxo
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject:

Oh crap, they looked at the Blazer's training facility for inspiration?
frenchbullcho
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject:

All_Star_Laker wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Lol, that logic.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Don't even waste your keystrokes on him bro. Congrats on your accomplishment!
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Don't even waste your keystrokes on him bro. Congrats on your accomplishment!

Thanks bro!! Missed a lot of games due to studying but tank made it easier to study
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject:

You can think the Lakers then for your degree.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: