Mitch envisions Russell & Clarkson Backcourt growing together for next 12 Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject:

If Clarkson can shoot between 33-35% from 3 at some point while playing with Russell I would be happy.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

Mitch The Envisioner! Let's hope his envision turns out correct.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about that working on D, not even looking at my concerns for them sharing the ball on O.

Even if they can become a Tony Parker/Ginobli type of combo, don't think many realize that Ginobli often came off the bench. For good reason.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I don't know about that working on D, not even looking at my concerns for them sharing the ball on O.

Even if they can become a Tony Parker/Ginobli type of combo, don't think many realize that Ginobli often came off the bench. For good reason.

Ok so let's just call them a different version of Dragic Bledsoe then?
.. There is no 1 of 1 comparison

Dragic and Bledsoe were a success together, for 2 years keeping their team in the playoff chase with something of w barren roster (Morris came along last year)
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Dragic and Bledsoe were a success together, for 2 years keeping their team in the playoff chase with something of w barren roster (Morris came along last year)

I'd like to keep higher standards than teams that never made the playoffs. Is aiming for just outside of the playoffs and still a lottery team something we should aspire to do?

I don't get why they both have to start. It can be much like Ginobli and Parker, you know a duo that actually won rings. One guy plays a bit less, but the impact is major from both.

I'll definitely be willing to see them play together, but certainly I wouldn't force it on them. There's ways around it and you don't have to start them to maximize their position on the team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I'd like to keep higher standards than teams that never made the playoffs. Is aiming for just outside of the playoffs and still a lottery team something we should aspire to do?

I don't get why they both have to start. It can be much like Ginobli and Parker, you know a duo that actually won rings. One guy plays a bit less, but the impact is major from both.

I'll definitely be willing to see them play together, but certainly I wouldn't force it on them. There's ways around it and you don't have to start them to maximize their position on the team.

Did I not say they did so with a barren roster? if they had a better supporting cast, they could have been a middle seed type of team. If they had Tim Duncan and Popavich who knows

And idk, even though Ginobli didn't start, he still played starter minutes and played a lot with the starting group. So, that kind of nullifies your point.
And there's no need to jump to conclusions concerning fit before our guys develop.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject:

More than likely one or both isn't around 5 years, much less 12.

It is time for those two and the whole team to turn it up a couple of notches as far as will to win and defensive intensity. Right now, I see a lot of guys with celebrity girlfriends living the good life as Lakers while stinking it up defensively both in effort and scheme.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

It is time for those two and the whole team to turn it up a couple of notches as far as will to win and defensive intensity. Right now, I see a lot of guys with celebrity girlfriends living the good life as Lakers while stinking it up defensively both in effort and scheme.

If it's a reference to Clarkson and his model girlfriend, I think it's a bit unfair. By all accounts, he's been working the hardest out of everyone in the offseason. And Russell being so close with him can only mean good things for his own development as well.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject:

I like that Mitch has a long term goal here, Russell may not be ready to start this year, so maybe Low Williams is going to be the starter with Clarkson at SG. But bringing both Russell and Randle in slowly, playing 15-20 minutes each a game off the bench may be a great long term strategy.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Man please. Do you expect our players to be working out 24 hours a day for your entertainment? They have lives too. I just hate selfish attitudes like yours especially towards a player like Clarkson who has worked his ass off all off season long.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

The guy has been working his butt off, played in summer league, and is volunteering for the special Olympics.

He's a good kid and so far a nice player, cut him some slack.

This isn't a video game where you can just up your attributes and become a superstar over night.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
The guy has been working his butt off, played in summer league, and is volunteering for the special Olympics.

This isn't a video game where you can just up your attributes and become a superstar over night.

Some people want to act like players should be slaves and working all the time.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Some people want to act like players should be slaves and working all the time.

Don't get me wrong it's nice to see but you don't know what there doing behind closed doors. I'm a steeler fan and Leveon bell posts workouts everyday and I love it! But if he didn't I wouldn't assume he's sitting on the couch.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

They can work. But only way I see it happening is in a pick n roll offense since both do best on and off the ball off a pick. Byron probably won't use them properly together, doing some princeton garbage instead I bet.

It won't happen because lakers want to establish some coaching cred (thibs), but if u had to choose between Becky hammon vs luke walton for next coach who do you pick? I think I do hammon. The pop lineage is too much to overlook even though luke is part of the kerr lineage, whom is part of the Pjax and pop lineage. Luke's personality doesn't strike me as that of a leader or mastermind. If pop trusts hammon then I trust her.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like twelve years of mediocre basketball to me, not to hate but I don't see either of these players being superstars.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Sounds like twelve years of mediocre basketball to me, not to hate but I don't see either of these players being superstars.

Neither were/are Ginobli & Parker. Maybe your mediocre basketball is winning basketball, not BSPN highlihts basketball.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:

I've never seen DLO + Clarkson as the stars, but guys who could be potential #2 player. Yes, you'd expect more from a #2 pick, but if DLO can be the team's facilitator/sniper (in his prime, think something like 22/8/5) he's worth it.

Our superstars will more than likely come via free agency. The most realistic ones in the next few years IMO are Westbrook, Paul George, possibly Boogie.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

I've never seen DLO + Clarkson as the stars, but guys who could be potential #2 player. Yes, you'd expect more from a #2 pick, but if DLO can be the team's facilitator/sniper (in his prime, think something like 22/8/5) he's worth it.

Our superstars will more than likely come via free agency. The most realistic ones in the next few years IMO are Westbrook, Paul George, possibly Boogie.

those look like star numbers to me
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

They do, but put that in the context of getting a Westbrook and/or Paul George and that's a great "problem" to have. I like DLO as the kind of player who could actually play with those guys. Actually, DLO's game is amenable to any type of system it appears.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
anpherknee wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:

They do, but put that in the context of getting a Westbrook and/or Paul George and that's a great "problem" to have. I like DLO as the kind of player who could actually play with those guys. Actually, DLO's game is amenable to any type of system it appears.

And thats a major reason why I wanted him so badly, he isn't necessarily looking to be the star when he plays, (I think not being the main guy on his teams until last year has something to do with that). He's used to sharing the spotlight and also happens to be incredibly skilled, at best he can be your star and at worst he will be a willing/great facilitator that can attract other stars. I think that if anybody is going to emerge as the "alpha" superstar type of the young guys 5 years down the road, Randle would be more likely to be that guy, at least in on the surface appearances (the way he will carry himself, becoming the go-to scorer in late game situations, etc.) but I believe Russell will be just as instrumental if not more so to our future success. Regardless, it should be a lot of fun basketball coming up

Last edited by anpherknee on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject:

I think this is the disconnect with some people who are disappointed with DLO. We've been graced by Kobe for so long that we think that's how all "stars" have to operate (i.e. devastating scorer).

I think he pairs nicely with some potential stars that are in place for the next few years (Durant, Westbrook, Paul George).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Right now we are seeing nothing. As in no one is playing. One guy is starting his second year and one guy hasn't played an NBA minute, so to presume that they are stinking it up defensively in effort is quite the s t re t c h. How about give them the chance to actually play in training camp, or better yet, maybe a few games? I see you are referring to Clarkson, and if you haven't recognized the work he has put in this past offseason then you are trying not to see it. Because it is obviously there.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Why do the Lakers have to be like the Spurs or the Suns? Can't they do their own thing? All these comments on how things will be without the benefit of seeing what will actually happen baffle me. Why not let them play before determining that they can't play together?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:

Neither of these guys can be the #1 guy for a championship team, if that's what you mean by superstar. However, they both have All-Star potential and can be valuable pieces to a championship caliber squad. Not being a superstar doesn't automatically equate to mediocre lol. Every championship team needs high quality starters to support the franchise player. These guys can be those types of players. However, our next true superstar will probably have to be acquired through free agency.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:

I guess using your logic they will be the only new players we will add in the next dozen years or so.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: