2016 Olympics with a side of raw sewage....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject:

What NBC needs is an hour-long special report from the ever verbose and sanctimonious Bob Costas.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Things get curiouser and curiouser. There's apparently a gap in the security footage that Brazilian Police have presented that could cover the period of the alleged robbery. The tape also apparently shows a man leaning into the car the swimmers were in with what may be a gun - and that the person might actually be a cop. There are also apparently some inconsistencies in the Brazilian Police's comment on what occurred that evening.

It doesn't erase the inconsistencies in the swimmers' story, but it does introduce enough confusion that it probably won't be known what really happened that evening.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject:

So, after losing to Serbia, the US women's volleyball team will be playing for Bronze as the beach VB team of Walsh/Ross had to.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject:

For those who have not seen the video footage of those idiots breaking down the door of a gas station restroom and assaulting a security officer then trying to jump into a taxi and high tail it out of there, Here it Is
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:17 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Things get curiouser and curiouser. There's apparently a gap in the security footage that Brazilian Police have presented that could cover the period of the alleged robbery. The tape also apparently shows a man leaning into the car the swimmers were in with what may be a gun - and that the person might actually be a cop. There are also apparently some inconsistencies in the Brazilian Police's comment on what occurred that evening.

It doesn't erase the inconsistencies in the swimmers' story, but it does introduce enough confusion that it probably won't be known what really happened that evening.

The best cons are often sandwiched between truths. This may end up being a case of lying by OMISSION as opposed to lies of commission. He had a gun pulled of him, he was 'encouraged' to pay for the damages he and his friends caused which he spun it to 'We Were ROBBED.'
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

The best cons are often sandwiched between truths. This may end up being a case of lying by OMISSION as opposed to lies of commission. He had a gun pulled of him, he was 'encouraged' to pay for the damages he and his friends caused which he spun it to 'We Were ROBBED.'

Pretty much where my money lies at this point if I were betting.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
American swimmers Ryan Lochte and Jimmy Feigen have been indicted on charges of reporting a false crime, Brazilian police officials said Thursday night, confirming local medial reports.

The swimmers would likely have to pay a fine if they are found guilty of providing false testimony or property damage but would not face prison time, police said earlier Thursday.

Lochte & Feigen Indicted
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
American swimmers Ryan Lochte and Jimmy Feigen have been indicted on charges of reporting a false crime, Brazilian police officials said Thursday night, confirming local medial reports.

The swimmers would likely have to pay a fine if they are found guilty of providing false testimony or property damage but would not face prison time, police said earlier Thursday.

Lochte & Feigen Indicted

As anticipated, a slap on the wrist. I believe Lochte will feel it where it hurts most, in the pocketbook.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

Lochte & Feigen Indicted

I have a feeling there is going to be something "worked out" that is mutually agreeable to Brazilian Law Enforcement AND Lochte/Fiegan. I don't think either side is being completely honest at this point.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

The tv guide says water polo action, but NBC is showing a documentary on the Karoyli's.....#NBCOlympics #NBCcoveragetil2032
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
The tv guide says water polo action, but NBC is showing a documentary on the Karoyli's.....#NBCOlympics #NBCcoveragetil2032

I have most of the Olympics on DVR. I can't believe how much I end up forwarding of NBCs coverage and how much I end up watching of the others. With NBC, I might end up watching 15 minutes of a 2-3 hour block. It is downright awful.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

I played water polo in high school, and my daughter is now doing so as well. I can't tell you how many times the schedule has said that water polo (men's or women's) was scheduled, only to not be shown at all. My daughter's team actually had a team breakfast set up to watch together with their team because a game was scheduled for a saturday morning. They waited all morning only to end up getting a 1 minute report giving the results.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

Lochte & Feigen Indicted

32, but still acting like a frat boy.
If he had just told the truth to his mom then nothing would've happened....now theres an international incident because he told a fib.
Lochte and Solo probably won't make Team USA for 2020 since they are up there in age, which is a good thing seeing how all the publicity they are bringing this Olympics is bad.
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

SoCaLjAy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I have most of the Olympics on DVR. I can't believe how much I end up forwarding of NBCs coverage and how much I end up watching of the others. With NBC, I might end up watching 15 minutes of a 2-3 hour block. It is downright awful.

I DVR too and I skip as much as you. Coverage is trash. Way too much commercials and they do a horrible job filling in the gaps that I end up skipping some good stuff just because they annoyed me by then.
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I DVR too and I skip as much as you. Coverage is trash. Way too much commercials and they do a horrible job filling in the gaps that I end up skipping some good stuff just because they annoyed me by then.

Exactly...once that baby is on turbo forward I'm not stopping it unless I see a sporting event. Unfortunately once I do stop it to watch, much of the time they show the event for a brief time and then skip to some other nonsense I'm not interested in.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

32, but still acting like a frat boy.
If he had just told the truth to his mom then nothing would've happened....now theres an international incident because he told a fib.
Lochte and Solo probably won't make Team USA for 2020 since they are up there in age, which is a good thing seeing how all the publicity they are bringing this Olympics is bad.

Lochte's obviously an overgrown adolescent who (bleep) up along with his teammates. But it's beginning to sound like this thing was as much about extortion from the Brazilians as it was about the idiot swimmers lying.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
What NBC needs is an hour-long special report from the ever verbose and sanctimonious Bob Costas.

You are a damn wizard my friend....they are doing this right now....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I saw only one American flag raised for the American women who swept the 100 meter hurdles. Did they raise three, gold, silver and bronze.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I saw only one American flag raised for the American women who swept the 100 meter hurdles. Did they raise three, gold, silver and bronze.

I just watched the medal ceremony. There were three American flags.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks n-o

Watching the shot put ceremony they raised two American flags.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yep, Olympic tradition is to always put a flag up for each participant on the podium, regardless of whether there is a shared nationality.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to Ashton Eaton the two-time Olympic Decathalon gold medalist and Dalilah Muhammad the first American woman to win the gold medal in the 400m hurdles.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Insane Bolt is the GOAT

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Congrats to Ashton Eaton the two-time Olympic Decathalon gold medalist and Dalilah Muhammad the first American woman to win the gold medal in the 400m hurdles.

I love rooting for the underdog, but in an event like the decathlon, it was great to watch as an athlete at the peak of the field was able to own it. That final 1500 event was evidence of how you do it. Eaton sat back and waited for his opponent to make the move, and then Eaton countered with authority.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Brazil wins mens beach volleyball....
If they manage to win the soccer match on Saturday it will provide the host nation with a temporary distraction from how much money they dumped into the Olympics and the recession they are currently facing right now. They could really use some joy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: