OFFICIAL 2016 FREE AGENCY (PINCUS states 2017-18 salary cap falling to $102m; Lakers get Calderon, pg.2432; sign Deng 4 yr/$72M; Mozgov 4 yr/$64M; Tarik Black 2 yr/$12.85M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2681, 2682, 2683, 2684  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Not holding my breath on either trade actually happening.

The Cousins trade seems far fetched for a lot of reasons. But bottom line is I just don't want him on the team.

The Young/ Williams for Rudy Gay is interesting.

Just a thought but a Deng/Gay SF combo and a Clarkson / Ingram SG rotation could be effective IMO.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
textbook wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Scenario #1

2017 first round pick -- Philadelphia (Nash trade)
2017 second round -- Lakers

2018 first round pick -- Lakers
2018 second round pick -- Lakers

2019 first round pick -- Orlando (Dwight - Bynum trade)
2019 second round pick -- Portland or Cleveland (Hibbert trade)

Scenario #2

2017 first round pick -- Lakers
2017 second round -- Orlando (Dwight - Bynum trade)

2018 first round pick -- Philadelphia (Nash trade)
2018 second round pick -- Orlando (Dwight - Bynum trade)

2019 first round pick -- Lakers

For those endorsing the trade rumor that includes

Quote:

The report added that Los Angeles Lakers will also send their first round-draft pick next year to Sacramento Kings.

please explain how that first round pick is available to be traded.

If it falls 1-3 it's ours. Can't we trade it with the contingency?

First off, no. You can't trade a pick you don't have, and the Lakers do not currently have one.

Second, if they do keep the pick, you really want to trade it for Rudy Freaking Gay??

To make things even more interesting:

We can send the 1st round pick to Sacramento and tell them to give us WCS, that is if we could actually give them a 1st round pick.

Tell them to give us WCS?

Even if this trade scenario was plausible, how does Mitch have the leverage to tell them to give us WCS?

Cause they get rid of Gay and on the plus side if we are eligible to add a pick to the deal, why wouldn't Mitch tell them to give up one of there quality pieces? It's Mitch who has leverage here... Not Sacramento.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Is SAC still trying to move McLemore?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
textbook wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Scenario #1

Scenario #2

Quote:

The report added that Los Angeles Lakers will also send their first round-draft pick next year to Sacramento Kings.

First off, no. You can't trade a pick you don't have, and the Lakers do not currently have one.

Second, if they do keep the pick, you really want to trade it for Rudy Freaking Gay??

We can send the 1st round pick to Sacramento and tell them to give us WCS, that is if we could actually give them a 1st round pick.

Even if this trade scenario was plausible, how does Mitch have the leverage to tell them to give us WCS?

Cause they get rid of Gay and on the plus side if we are eligible to add a pick to the deal, why wouldn't Mitch tell them to give up one of there quality pieces? It's Mitch who has leverage here... Not Sacramento.

There were two trade scenarios that were recently mentioned in this discussion thread:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Not sure how credible this is but

Quote:
According to the latest NBA rumors, the Los Angeles Lakers could offer Nick Young and Lou Williams to acquire Gay from the Kings.

Link

farzadkavari wrote:
Also saw this from earlier today.

According to Inquisitr, the blockbuster trade between Kings, Nuggets and Lakers involves seven players. The seven players include DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay, Wilson Chandler, Julius Randle, Lou Williams, Jose Calderon and Nick Young.

Reports have it that Kings center DeMarcus Cousins and Nuggets small forward Wilson Chandler will join Los Angeles Lakers. Meanwhile, Lakers' power forward Julius Randle, shooting guard Lou Williams and Nick Young, and point guard Jose Calderon will still be a team but this time, all will play for Kings.

As for the Nuggets, they will receive Kings' small forward Rudy Gay and Lakers' second-round draft choice.

The second one has the quote that I extracted and was posting against.

Quote:

You should regroup and decide if you are going to post about the rumor targeting Cousins or the rumor targeting Rudy Gay.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Is SAC still trying to move McLemore?

Yes. I'd give them Young in a heartbeat.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/243414/Ben-McLemore-Has-Been-Available-In-Trade-Talks-For-Months
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

So we posting rumors from "The Inquisitr" now? Sites like that just post trades that they see on basketball forums from around the web.
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure that inquisitor trade rumor was fabricated and not even possible w/ the picks part.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject:

inquisitr and yibada are the bowels of rumor-mill sites.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
textbook wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Scenario #1

Scenario #2

Quote:

There were two trade scenarios that were recently mentioned in this discussion thread:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:

Quote:
According to the latest NBA rumors, the Los Angeles Lakers could offer Nick Young and Lou Williams to acquire Gay from the Kings.

Link

farzadkavari wrote:

According to Inquisitr, the blockbuster trade between Kings, Nuggets and Lakers involves seven players. The seven players include DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay, Wilson Chandler, Julius Randle, Lou Williams, Jose Calderon and Nick Young.

Reports have it that Kings center DeMarcus Cousins and Nuggets small forward Wilson Chandler will join Los Angeles Lakers. Meanwhile, Lakers' power forward Julius Randle, shooting guard Lou Williams and Nick Young, and point guard Jose Calderon will still be a team but this time, all will play for Kings.

As for the Nuggets, they will receive Kings' small forward Rudy Gay and Lakers' second-round draft choice.

Quote:

You should regroup and decide if you are going to post about the rumor targeting Cousins or the rumor targeting Rudy Gay.

This. I was referring to the cousins rumor. Would never trade first for gay...I wouldn't even do the Williams trade for gay.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
textbook wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Scenario #1

Scenario #2

Quote:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:

Quote:

Link

farzadkavari wrote:

Quote:

This. I was referring to the cousins rumor. Would never trade first for gay...I wouldn't even do the Williams trade for gay.

Williams is actually a better offensive player then Gay, but one thing that Gay would bring to this team is good defense and elite athleticism. either way it doesn't matter cause we aren't gonna deal with a arch nemesis and I don't think the Lakers are gonna shuffle anyone right now until Dec when some players will be eligible to be traded.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I could see Gay traded here for Nick Young and Williams, but I don't see them trading Cousins - is Cousins like an unrestricted free agent and he doesn't want to stay with the Kings? I mean it would have to be something big like that for Sacramento to let him go.

Heck, if that big trade went down I'd even be willing to vote for Hillary........Sheesh.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I could see Gay traded here for Nick Young and Williams, but I don't see them trading Cousins - is Cousins like an unrestricted free agent and he doesn't want to stay with the Kings? I mean it would have to be something big like that for Sacramento to let him go.

Heck, if that big trade went down I'd even be willing to vote for Hillary........Sheesh.

I'd think the Kings are going to ask for a hell of a lot more than Randle as the best piece. They wanted everything last go around. Cousins has shown even more and is yet another year more matured.

I'd move Young and Lou for Gay. It'd give some really interesting versatility.

Mozgov/Yi/Black
Randle/Nance
Deng/Gay
Ingram/Clarkson/Martin
Russell/Calderson/Huertes

Zu and Brown to D'League

*Could probably add a Kevin Martin to the end of that rotation as veteran insurance.

Nice defense and length in the first unit with good size scoring and spacing in the second unit and plenty of exciting options in between.

Not a deep a threat but I think you get more out of each position.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

I'd think the Kings are going to ask for a hell of a lot more than Randle as the best piece. They wanted everything last go around. Cousins has shown even more and is yet another year more matured.

I'd move Young and Lou for Gay. It'd give some really interesting versatility.

Mozgov/Yi/Black
Randle/Nance
Deng/Gay
Ingram/Clarkson/Martin
Russell/Calderson/Huertes

Zu and Brown to D'League

*Could probably add a Kevin Martin to the end of that rotation as veteran insurance.

Nice defense and length in the first unit with good size scoring and spacing in the second unit and plenty of exciting options in between.

Not a deep a threat but I think you get more out of each position.

Ingram is 6'-10"....I just said that out loud and wow, yeah that would be amazing if he could play SG! I'm also really stoned if that matters.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Yep.
Whenever I do any google search, I strip those sites out, i.e.:

search: lakers -inquisitr -yibada -forbes
search: wwe -inquisitr -yibada -forbes
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Not going to get excited about attaining Cousins essentially for Randle until perezhilton.com confirms it.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Cousins
Nance
Ingram
Clarkson
Dlo

Huertas
Chandler
Deng
Yi
Mozgov

SOLID 10. Playoff bound team.

Let's go!
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
Cousins
Nance
Ingram
Clarkson
Dlo

Huertas
Chandler
Deng
Yi
Mozgov

Let's go!

Who's Chandler ?
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:05 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
krisobe wrote:
Cousins
Nance
Ingram
Clarkson
Dlo

Huertas
Chandler
Deng
Yi
Mozgov

Let's go!

Who's Chandler ?

I'll give you a hint.. what's the volleyball's name in Cast Away?
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:52 am    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
Cousins
Nance
Ingram
Clarkson
Dlo

Huertas
Chandler
Deng
Yi
Mozgov

Let's go!

That's if Cousins doesn't self destruct first.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject:

If not for 1 person, we won't be even talking about some nonsense trade rumor from pretty bad websites
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:
http://en.yibada.com/articles/162066/20160922/nba-trade-rumors-lakers-trading-nick-young-lou-williams-rudy.htm

Rumor has it, Rudy Gay to Lakers for Williams+Young.

YES PLEASE!

Usually I wouldn't want Gay but for a useless bad locker room player and a guard who both makes a team worse with his USG%, chucking away terrible shots and zero defense, I would take this deal in a heartbeat.

Good description of Gay.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject:

ainsley wrote:
farzadkavari wrote:

The report added that Los Angeles Lakers will also send their first round-draft pick next year to Sacramento Kings. As for the Nuggets, they will receive Kings' small forward Rudy Gay and Lakers' second-round draft choice.

Am I wrong or is this not even possible? I thought we still owed our next two 1st rounders to PHI and ORL.

We can't expect writers who make things up to actually understand the rules.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Jason Thompson just agreed to a 1 year deal for 1.5M with Shandong. Nick Young should be able to get atleast 2M, which would be big if we were to buy him out and offset his salary by whatever new salary he gets.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jason Thompson just agreed to a 1 year deal for 1.5M with Shandong. Nick Young should be able to get atleast 2M, which would be big if we were to buy him out and offset his salary by whatever new salary he gets.

It's quite interesting that the Lakers didn't do the buy out when they had the chance. They may think he's gonna be a good fit under Luke and want to showcase him during preseason, or maybe there is a deal agreed upon sending Young elsewhere and its on hold right now, I see no reason why the Lakers would keep him right now especially considering we have AB and Lou.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject:

I would like to see how Young does with a respected coach, he's been coached by a few terrible coaches and despite being productive under MDA he's never had a chance to make Impact cause the coaching and roster was piss-poor.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2681, 2682, 2683, 2684  Next
Page 2682 of 2684
Jump to: