OFFICIAL 2016 FREE AGENCY (PINCUS states 2017-18 salary cap falling to $102m; Lakers get Calderon, pg.2432; sign Deng 4 yr/$72M; Mozgov 4 yr/$64M; Tarik Black 2 yr/$12.85M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
Sid go after Horford and Batum

Hibbert - Upshaw
Horford - Randle - Bass
Batum - Young - Brown
Clarkson - Lou
Russell - FA

Agreed. That's my realistic plan B. However it would require signing hibbert or another center as horford may want to play PF. We could certainly have a horford/Randle lineup too.

Curious how you expect the Lakers to re-sign Hibbert and Clarkson and then still add Batum and Horford.

Reading back a couple pages some of the salary estimates seem a bit low IMO. Lakers will need to spend more then some of the predictions to keep/add players to the Lakers. Likely overpaying a bit.

Either Batum or Parsons would be great. Also wonder what other SF gets released or uses a player option. A key point for next year will be the development of Clarkson and Russell. Both are combo guards. Will the Lakers need a true PG if neither can assume the PG role?

Derozan was discussed. I actually think Clarkson can put up similar stats and effectiveness for about $10M less. An interesting SG option that never seems to get mentioned is OJ Mayo. Could be an interesting addition as a depth SG instead of Derozan.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

Hibbert - Upshaw
Horford - Randle - Bass
Batum - Young - Brown
Clarkson - Lou
Russell - FA

Agreed. That's my realistic plan B. However it would require signing hibbert or another center as horford may want to play PF. We could certainly have a horford/Randle lineup too.

Curious how you expect the Lakers to re-sign Hibbert and Clarkson and then still add Batum and Horford.

Reading back a couple pages some of the salary estimates seem a bit low IMO. Lakers will need to spend more then some of the predictions to keep/add players to the Lakers. Likely overpaying a bit.

Either Batum or Parsons would be great. Also wonder what other SF gets released or uses a player option. A key point for next year will be the development of Clarkson and Russell. Both are combo guards. Will the Lakers need a true PG if neither can assume the PG role?

Derozan was discussed. I actually think Clarkson can put up similar stats and effectiveness for about $10M less. An interesting SG option that never seems to get mentioned is OJ Mayo. Could be an interesting addition as a depth SG instead of Derozan.

It's unlikely and I said we'd have to find a true center if horford would come here.

And maybe a team offers clarkson an offer and we end up only paying the mid level for him the first 2 years.

I also think hibbert would love to stay here and would take less than 20m a year to do it too.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

Hibbert - Upshaw
Horford - Randle - Bass
Batum - Young - Brown
Clarkson - Lou
Russell - FA

It's unlikely and I said we'd have to find a true center if horford would come here.

And maybe a team offers clarkson an offer and we end up only paying the mid level for him the first 2 years.

I also think hibbert would love to stay here and would take less than 20m a year to do it too.

Not trying to start an argument, just curious. I think many are overestimating the value of the $60M the Lakers will have to spend next year. Most teams will have money to spend and contracts will be going up.

Ideally the Lakers will have players (Hibbert/Clarkson/Bass/Kobe?) that will have earned the pay increases and are building towards something. Actually I am thinking the reality for next year will hopefully net one very good (likely 2nd tier type) player and a nice role player.

Roughly a best case scenario of about $20M to spend on additions if they re-sign the above players. Even that may be overly optimistic.

Would love to add a Batum /Parsons type. But more realistically may be splitting that $20M on players more like Deng and Mayo.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

Hibbert - Upshaw
Horford - Randle - Bass
Batum - Young - Brown
Clarkson - Lou
Russell - FA

This is a very realistic lineup if we can shed Young's contract and sign Clarkson for 10-12M.

Horford leaving is definitely a possibility. Atlanta has been a treadmill team since he has been there. I think they fall back into the pack this season after losing Carroll for nothing. He may want out. Batum is not staying in Charlotte.

Horford is perfect for this team since he can play both the 4 and the 5 effectively. Gives us a 3 flexible three player front court rotation like when Odom Bynum and Pau were here.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

Hibbert - Upshaw
Horford - Randle - Bass
Batum - Young - Brown
Clarkson - Lou
Russell - FA

This is a very realistic lineup if we can shed Young's contract and sign Clarkson for 10-12M.

Horford leaving is definitely a possibility. Atlanta has been a treadmill team since he has been there. I think they fall back into the pack this season after losing Carroll for nothing. He may want out. Batum is not staying in Charlotte.

Horford is perfect for this team since he can play both the 4 and the 5 effectively. Gives us a 3 flexible three player front court rotation like when Odom Bynum and Pau were here.

Again, I think you are underestimating the spending power of the $65M you are speculating. Perhaps i am overestimating the salaries for next year.

Hibbert/Clarkson is going to take at least $30M. Assuming Hibbert performs at a high defensive level. And Clarkson is not offered a ridiculous amount from another team the Lakers have to match.

So that leaves $35M for Horford, Batum and re-signing Bass? Would either free agent sign for $15M? I would not be surprised to see both closing in on $20M with the cap increases. If Bass plays well he could realistically expect a significant pay raise to $6-8M per year? all these contracts cut away at the available budget more then some or predicting IMO.

A couple of solid moves will likely be it. Unless the Lakers are not re-signing players anyways.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:22 am    Post subject:

^^^ I think many of us are assuming Clarkson gets an offer that we can match. We exploit his low cap hold (2.7 million) while we sign other players.

Julius ($3.3) + Russell ($5.3) + Clarkson ($2.7) = $11.3 million
Lou = $7 million
Nance = $1.2 million
Brown = $0.9 million
Upshaw = $0.9 million
Young (stretched) = $2.2 million
3 cap holds = $1.5 million

$25m. Assuming $90m cap, that's $65m to split between 3 players. It would probably require Horford and/or Batum take slightly sub-max deals but Hibbert, Horford, Batum is possible.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

Hibbert - Upshaw
Horford - Randle - Bass
Batum - Young - Brown
Clarkson - Lou
Russell - FA

Not trying to start an argument, just curious. I think many are overestimating the value of the $60M the Lakers will have to spend next year. Most teams will have money to spend and contracts will be going up.

Ideally the Lakers will have players (Hibbert/Clarkson/Bass/Kobe?) that will have earned the pay increases and are building towards something. Actually I am thinking the reality for next year will hopefully net one very good (likely 2nd tier type) player and a nice role player.

Roughly a best case scenario of about $20M to spend on additions if they re-sign the above players. Even that may be overly optimistic.

Would love to add a Batum /Parsons type. But more realistically may be splitting that $20M on players more like Deng and Mayo.

I think if some people are overestimating then you r most definitely underestimating.

Deng+mayo? Smh
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Another guy I'd be interested in is Shaun Livingston as a backup combo PG. Not sure Warriors want to pay that much for his services.

He looked great in the playoffs for Golden State. I was impressed, he was bullying smaller players inside and playing a steady game.

I like the idea of going after Batum also, I would make the de facto offer to Durant but you have to be going all in on a guy you might actually get, Durant isn't coming to the Lakers as a free agent.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
^^^ I think many of us are assuming Clarkson gets an offer that we can match. We exploit his low cap hold (2.7 million) while we sign other players.

Lou = $7 million
Nance = $1.2 million
Brown = $0.9 million
Upshaw = $0.9 million

$25m. Assuming $90m cap, that's $65m to split between 3 players. It would probably require Horford and/or Batum take slightly sub-max deals but Hibbert, Horford, Batum is possible.

Perhaps I am underestimating the spending power and salary budget. Not understanding the clarkson offer. Thought he will be a free agent. Was thinking over $10m not $2.7.

Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. Still have this season to find out who is earning the big pay days and who will not. May surprise us all.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Don't see Al Horford as being realistic.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

I see him as a LMA kind of FA.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Not understanding the clarkson offer. Thought he will be a free agent.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q38
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q44
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q45

Last edited by gng930 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

And imagine how much more attractive we would have been for LMA if we could've signed Deandre Jordan and DeMarre Carroll alongside him.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

And imagine how much more attractive we would have been for LMA if we could've signed Deandre Jordan and DeMarre Carroll alongside him.

With 22m how did u plan to do it?

Fantasy talk
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:23 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:

Lou = $7 million
Nance = $1.2 million
Brown = $0.9 million
Upshaw = $0.9 million

Durant is priority #1. Jay Z is his agent and you know he understands the power of a market for a guy like KD.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
gng930 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Fantasy talk

You totally missed my point.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
gng930 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Fantasy talk

I did too
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
gng930 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Fantasy talk

I did too

Maybe their was no point
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:41 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
gng930 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Fantasy talk

I did too

He's saying that unlike 2015 in 2016 we can sign multiple max players. Big game changer.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject:

Resign Kobe at 5m over 2 years but plays his less than 20 minutes a game. Everyone needs to make some sacrifices like GSW did

Hibbert/Upshaw/Black (in case we want to go small)
Horford (occasionally at 5 too) /Randle (sorry)/Bass
Parsons (Batum is injury prone isn't he)/Brown/Nance
Kobe/Clarkson/Nick
Russell/Lou

That should match up fine with Mozgov/Love/Lebron/Shumpert/Kyrie or Bogut/Draymond/Barnes/Thompson/Curry

Give Kobe one last chance at the ring man. He can't go out like this.
But if he is demanding anything higher than 5m, then sorry Mr. Legend... Bye
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject:

And Parsons isn't injury prone?
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
gng930 wrote:

Lou = $7 million
Nance = $1.2 million
Brown = $0.9 million
Upshaw = $0.9 million

Durant is priority #1. Jay Z is his agent and you know he understands the power of a market for a guy like KD.

Agree...just addressing a hypothetical.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:

Lou = $7 million
Nance = $1.2 million
Brown = $0.9 million
Upshaw = $0.9 million

Perhaps I am underestimating the spending power and salary budget. Not understanding the clarkson offer. Thought he will be a free agent. Was thinking over $10m not $2.7.

Going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. Still have this season to find out who is earning the big pay days and who will not. May surprise us all.

People are getting confused. Clarkson's qualifying offer is $2.7 million. That means we would have the right to match other offers. However, we still need to use cap space to match. So if we use up all our money on other guys, we wouldn't be able to match.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
gng930 wrote:

Lou = $7 million
Nance = $1.2 million
Brown = $0.9 million
Upshaw = $0.9 million

maybe in 1980's or 1990's. not in 2016. UA gave him 300million deal while he is playing in OKC.

Social Media has everybody reachable at fingertips
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
gng930 wrote:

Lou = $7 million
Nance = $1.2 million
Brown = $0.9 million
Upshaw = $0.9 million

People are getting confused. Clarkson's qualifying offer is $2.7 million. That means we would have the right to match other offers. However, we still need to use cap space to match. So if we use up all our money on other guys, we wouldn't be able to match.

Yup. This is true.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next
Page 5 of 2684
Jump to: