OFFICIAL 2016 FREE AGENCY (PINCUS states 2017-18 salary cap falling to $102m; Lakers get Calderon, pg.2432; sign Deng 4 yr/$72M; Mozgov 4 yr/$64M; Tarik Black 2 yr/$12.85M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully we don't fruitlessly chase KD and lose Batum in the process. Then we'll hear that KD just "wanted to experience free agency."

Good sophomore years from Russell and Randle could make Batum a great pickup.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
Hopefully we don't fruitlessly chase KD and lose Batum in the process. Then we'll hear that KD just "wanted to experience free agency."

I prefer parsons if healthy to batum
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
dood23 wrote:

I agree. If we get him. He can help recruit D Howard
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:21 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
dood23 wrote:

CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject:

https://streamable.com/bujy

https://streamable.com/x6br

KD still got it
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject:

I definitely am encouraged by the play from Hibbert, Bass, Randle, Upshaw, and Lou so far this preseason. I had very little doubt that Clarkson would continue to impress and think that DLO has too much innate skill and instinct to fail. It's not inconceivable that our core may already be set at the C, PF and guard positions. I've been focusing on targeting two MAX free agents. We still need a superstar (*cough*-Durant), but maybe now we dedicate the rest of our cap space on depth instead.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
dood23 wrote:

Don't you even joke about that lol. I don't think Dwight Howard's game is going to age very well. To me, he's still heavily reliant on his athleticism.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Have you ever looked back on an outfit that you wore and regretted it? RealRussWest44: I have not.

Definition of insanity.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

Batum looked fantastic last night, scoring/rebounding/assisting. Still intrigued by him as our SF if Durant goes elsewhere.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
dood23 wrote:

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject:

I'm still not sold at all on Parsons. I think he will crumble as he gets older. Just so injury prone.

I agree he would be an ideal guy in a new system (assuming we get a new coach) with more pace and space, but he's too brittle. Not sure I'd want to dump a max on that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Monroe's decision to spurn the league's glitziest markets marked a significant shift in a league where cold, Midwest towns were once ignored in July. But with the league's highest-paid endorsers residing in Cleveland and Oklahoma City, payrolls skyrocketing and a restrictive salary cap prohibiting teams from stockpiling the most talent, the playing field for a team like Milwaukee to compete for top talent has been leveled. "It just shows that maybe we're doing something right," Kidd said. "It used to be about the city. Now I think it's about winning. I think the world's gotten smaller. All games are on TV now."

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-greg-monroe-came-to-choose-the-bucks-over-the-knicks-and-lakers-084520720.html

Lakers take note. FAs want a winning core.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Monroe's decision to spurn the league's glitziest markets marked a significant shift in a league where cold, Midwest towns were once ignored in July. But with the league's highest-paid endorsers residing in Cleveland and Oklahoma City, payrolls skyrocketing and a restrictive salary cap prohibiting teams from stockpiling the most talent, the playing field for a team like Milwaukee to compete for top talent has been leveled. "It just shows that maybe we're doing something right," Kidd said. "It used to be about the city. Now I think it's about winning. I think the world's gotten smaller. All games are on TV now."

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-greg-monroe-came-to-choose-the-bucks-over-the-knicks-and-lakers-084520720.html

What has Milwaukee won?
Afrosho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

What has Milwaukee won?

41 games.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

Afrosho wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

What has Milwaukee won?

41 games.

Bingo. Get yourself to mid pack and be on the rise.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I'm still not sold at all on Parsons. I think he will crumble as he gets older. Just so injury prone.

I agree he would be an ideal guy in a new system (assuming we get a new coach) with more pace and space, but he's too brittle. Not sure I'd want to dump a max on that.

I feel like Dallas is headed for a rough season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
Evan Turner is trash. His stats might be decent but if you watch him play he stinks.

Maybe he's not giving his all cause he plays on a Sixers and Celtics teams that sucks.

Reason enough to pass on him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I do too. I've put them in the same category with the Lakers (most likely 9-12th range). Wes Matthews is taking a bit longer and Deron is a cantankerous MoFo. Dirk certainly didn't look like Dirk as well.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
Evan Turner is trash. His stats might be decent but if you watch him play he stinks.

Maybe he's not giving his all cause he plays on a Sixers and Celtics teams that sucks.

Reason enough to pass on him.

Exactly.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I do too. I've put them in the same category with the Lakers (most likely 9-12th range). Wes Matthews is taking a bit longer and Deron is a cantankerous MoFo. Dirk certainly didn't look like Dirk as well.

There is a tremendous amount of potential fluidity in that cohort. Teams like Phoenix and Utah could be good, or take a step back. Same with Sacramento.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

There is a tremendous amount of potential fluidity in that cohort. Teams like Phoenix and Utah could be good, or take a step back. Same with Sacramento.

True. But I see their "floor" as being higher than ours. At best I see us hovering around the 9-10th range.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The Wes Matthews signing was just such a reactionary decision. Always be wary when the only other team willing to max a guy out is Sacramento. He'll start the season hurt along with Parsons. Then you're relying on Deron at the point. Zaza and Javale are your C's. They've been putting off their rebuild for a while now.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Afrosho wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

What has Milwaukee won?

41 games.

Concur. I think the big market snub stories are overblown. Didn't Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady spurn the Chicago Bulls for Orlando about 15 years ago?
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject:

2016 is the year I think we will be really back

KD would be a dream...maybe... back up maybe max out the young Harrison Barnes... idk if Warriors would match

a core of Randle, Barnes, Clarkson, Russell would be nice....

still we are going sign a big between
Hibbert, Whiteside, Noah, Hortford

I'll be keeping a close eye on all those plus

plus one wing
KD(Dream), Barnes, Derozan, Parsons, Batum

Kobe could be brought back if he agrees to a pay cut... we shall see
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject:

So Noah is now playing backup center apparently.

Quote:
Noah is typically a team-first player who talks consistently about winning titles as his only goal. But moving to a reserve role, particularly in a contract year, would certainly test that resolve if Hoiberg opts for that route. “Coach is going to have a lot of decisions to make in terms of matchups and things like that,” Noah said recently. “Whatever Coach does, I’m cool with it.”

All things health-wise being equal, and assuming both command the same money, would you re-sign Hibbert or go after Noah in 2016?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next
Page 60 of 2684
Jump to: