OFFICIAL 2016 FREE AGENCY (PINCUS states 2017-18 salary cap falling to $102m; Lakers get Calderon, pg.2432; sign Deng 4 yr/$72M; Mozgov 4 yr/$64M; Tarik Black 2 yr/$12.85M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 870, 871, 872 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
point-guard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
I'm jyst trying to think of centers that would do well in an offense that Luke Walton is trying to construct that the Lakers could potentially get and I'm coming up with no one but Pau Gasol lol.

Al Horford would be great.. but he'd likely command a pretty large deal.

Festus Ezili is fine as a backup but still very raw.. not someone who is starter material imo.

Meyers Leonard? Meh. Lol

I'm looking at a fit team-wise in an offense like this who would look good.

I know Biyombo is a popular choice around here.. but he's a finisher.. not much of a threat otherwise.

Bogut sets screens, rebounds, defends and is a garbage man around the glass. That fits Biyombo's game.

He's also a terrific passer

unless randle adds a jumper, that actually sounds like his game..
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
22 wrote:
Pau won't come back because he's in ring chasing mode. Pau will be in SA if Duncan retires

He has two rings. Unlike David West, Pau has nothing to prove anymore.

I can see Luke being a reason he comes back to LA.

That would be a great Hollywood story.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
I'm jyst trying to think of centers that would do well in an offense that Luke Walton is trying to construct that the Lakers could potentially get and I'm coming up with no one but Pau Gasol lol.

Festus Ezili is fine as a backup but still very raw.. not someone who is starter material imo.

Meyers Leonard? Meh. Lol

I know Biyombo is a popular choice around here.. but he's a finisher.. not much of a threat otherwise.

Bogut sets screens, rebounds, defends and is a garbage man around the glass. That fits Biyombo's game.

Yes he is, I forgot that one.

It's nothing against Biyombo.. he's a fine player (and I'm not being sarcastic) it's just offensively he's too one dimensional.

I'm not lobbying that Pau gets brought back lol.. I'm just saying he would fit in very, very well with this team in terms of what they want to run. D'Antoni kind of rubbed him the wrong way, sure.. but he's not a factor anymore and here he'd be the center. In the post and facilitating like he likes to do. Very unselfish player on a team that's trying to establish a very unselfish-like culture.

DeMarcus Cousins is very versatile but at what cost? He's a headcase.. but I think it's just being apart of the Kings franchise. Maybe Walton's demeanor will mellow him out? He's had a few triple doubles in his career.. I think he could potentially thrive in an offense like this.

I think Pau is a viable option
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject:

point-guard wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

Meyers Leonard? Meh. Lol

unless randle adds a jumper, that actually sounds like his game..

Yep but he's also a good ball handler at his position. Plus, I'm pretty sure Randle is capable of adding a jumpshot within the next season or two. When he does? It'll be a glorious thing lol.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Why would the Lakers want Pau back?

I appreciate everything he's done but his best days are behind him. Not even as a backup. He'd be better on a veteran team that already has great bigs.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
point-guard wrote:
pretty sure durant will stay for 1 last year, final run with WB. no teams out there are currently attractive enough, and hes too young to be a ring chaser. he still wants to be the man, so i believe what lakers need to do is put together a promising young team that can lure KD in 17.
Woj said if OKC lose KD is going to the Warriors. He wants to win a ring now. We have a better chance at getting Westbrook imo.

He never said that. Stop posting false information.
They are the only team that can compete with the Spurs. He said it more then once that they are frontrunners to sign him. His sources are usually right.

Being frontrunners doesn't mean that Durant will go to GS. Don't pass off a probability as a certainty.

Still waiting on your response.

As usual you get proven wrong and then not acknowledge it. Just to come back later to post the same false information over and over again.

FIRE MITCH
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
point-guard wrote:
pretty sure durant will stay for 1 last year, final run with WB. no teams out there are currently attractive enough, and hes too young to be a ring chaser. he still wants to be the man, so i believe what lakers need to do is put together a promising young team that can lure KD in 17.
Woj said if OKC lose KD is going to the Warriors. He wants to win a ring now. We have a better chance at getting Westbrook imo.

They are the only team that can compete with the Spurs. He said it more then once that they are frontrunners to sign him. His sources are usually right.

Being frontrunners doesn't mean that Durant will go to GS. Don't pass off a probability as a certainty.

As usual you get proven wrong and then not acknowledge it. Just to come back later to post the same false information over and over again.
Just like how you said Kevin Love was a lock to come here. I trust Woj sources.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
point-guard wrote:

Irrelevant in this discussion.

Trust them all you want, don't pass off a probability as a certainty, simple as that.

Oh and I never once took a reporter's opinion on Kevin Love and passed it off as a fact like you did. Not only on Kevin Love, but for Melo and Rondo and Aldridge and Durant and so on as well.

FIRE MITCH

Last edited by dmorans1 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeFace wrote:
I'd take gasol over Howard.

I would pass on both
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

Meyers Leonard? Meh. Lol

Yes he is, I forgot that one.

It's nothing against Biyombo.. he's a fine player (and I'm not being sarcastic) it's just offensively he's too one dimensional.

I'm not lobbying that Pau gets brought back lol.. I'm just saying he would fit in very, very well with this team in terms of what they want to run. D'Antoni kind of rubbed him the wrong way, sure.. but he's not a factor anymore and here he'd be the center. In the post and facilitating like he likes to do. Very unselfish player on a team that's trying to establish a very unselfish-like culture.

DeMarcus Cousins is very versatile but at what cost? He's a headcase.. but I think it's just being apart of the Kings franchise. Maybe Walton's demeanor will mellow him out? He's had a few triple doubles in his career.. I think he could potentially thrive in an offense like this.

I think Pau is a viable option

As a backup maybe. Not as a starter.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
point-guard wrote:

Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject:

I am moving bazemore over DRozan as FA to get & helps to form 3 guys

Horford
Durant
Bazemore

Bazemore takes the tough D assignment so KD can concentrate on other end. price range 18-20m
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Horford
Durant
Bazemore

Bazemore takes the tough D assignment so KD can concentrate on other end. price range 18-20m

Must have missed the memo that Lakers have $70 million in cap space
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Horford
Durant
Bazemore

.... ....
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

Horford
Durant
Bazemore

I take Bazemore over Derozan too.

I like his game but was always not too high on him because I feel like he's undersized for the 3. But he's been playing the 3 a lot in ATL and been just fine
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Horford
Durant
Bazemore

I take Bazemore over Derozan too.

I like his game but was always not too high on him because I feel like he's undersized for the 3. But he's been playing the 3 a lot in ATL and been just fine

dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Horford
Durant
Bazemore

He probably has us trading Lou. Nick too or stretched even. Not impossible tasks really.

FIRE MITCH
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject:

This spurs game made me realize how important it is for players to fill there role...If you are on the floor in postion 1-4 you have to be able to hit outside shots period...Its so critical for every player on the court to have basketball skill not just talent...Someone like patty mills is so great because you have to respect him on offense at all times...he has ultimate green light to shoot and if he doesn't pop takes him out...Danny Green no necessarily the most athletic 2 guard but comes off screens and shoots the 3 at good percentage again you have to stick to him like glue...If guys cant shoot the defense can sag and cause problems for the whole offense in terms of spacing...This is why I don't want Derozan...He is a good player but he just hasn't proven he can impact the game in multiple areas...I haven't see him run off screen to catch and shoot...he doesn't shoot 3s at a high percentage...and his defense is not great unable to switch onto different positions...as a 2 guard you have to be able to do these things at a high level that is part of your role playing that position on team.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
This spurs game made me realize how important it is for players to fill there role...If you are on the floor in postion 1-4 you have to be able to hit outside shots period...Its so critical for every player on the court to have basketball skill not just talent...Someone like patty mills is so great because you have to respect him on offense at all times...he has ultimate green light to shoot and if he doesn't pop takes him out...Danny Green no necessarily the most athletic 2 guard but comes off screens and shoots the 3 at good percentage again you have to stick to him like glue...If guys cant shoot the defense can sag and cause problems for the whole offense in terms of spacing...This is why I don't want Derozan...He is a good player but he just hasn't proven he can impact the game in multiple areas...I haven't see him run off screen to catch and shoot...he doesn't shoot 3s at a high percentage...and his defense is not great unable to switch onto different positions...

Why do your sentences end with triple dots? One period is enough!
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
This spurs game made me realize how important it is for players to fill there role...If you are on the floor in postion 1-4 you have to be able to hit outside shots period...Its so critical for every player on the court to have basketball skill not just talent...Someone like patty mills is so great because you have to respect him on offense at all times...he has ultimate green light to shoot and if he doesn't pop takes him out...Danny Green no necessarily the most athletic 2 guard but comes off screens and shoots the 3 at good percentage again you have to stick to him like glue...If guys cant shoot the defense can sag and cause problems for the whole offense in terms of spacing...This is why I don't want Derozan...He is a good player but he just hasn't proven he can impact the game in multiple areas...I haven't see him run off screen to catch and shoot...he doesn't shoot 3s at a high percentage...and his defense is not great unable to switch onto different positions...

BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Megaton wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

haha its just stream of consciousness just letting it all out
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Horford
Durant
Bazemore

No need for snarky comments. To create that space all u have to do trade lou without sal coming back
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Horford
Durant
Bazemore

.... ....

should we forget about rfa in cba & give contracts to ezeli/barnes that would make it hard for gsw to match?

Last edited by Jim99187 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Megaton wrote:
BobbyB wrote:

Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Horford
Durant
Bazemore

No need for snarky comments. To create that space all u have to do trade lou without sal coming back

Which shouldn't be that difficult. I bet on draft day we can get rid of him for a draft pick. A late first or early 2nd rounder. Or a future pick.

Last edited by Megaton on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 870, 871, 872 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next
Page 871 of 2684
Jump to: