OFFICIAL 2016 FREE AGENCY (PINCUS states 2017-18 salary cap falling to $102m; Lakers get Calderon, pg.2432; sign Deng 4 yr/$72M; Mozgov 4 yr/$64M; Tarik Black 2 yr/$12.85M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 909, 910, 911 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Tyson Chandler is so slow now lol. Why do you think Phoenix would want to move on from him so quickly?

They're a young team like us as well. He's not what he used to be.

Tyson played pretty well this year and through all the turmoil phoenix went through he never complained and continued to fight through it. He would only need to play 25-30 mins a game then we could go small with a randle/ Nance lineup. IMO in todays nba no center deserves max. He still rebounds at a high rate/ Hits good Pct of free throws and is a good teammate.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
DeRozan is a volume shooting ball stopper. Plus we already have Young & Lou Will who do that @ the G spot. so why invest in DD ?

Whiteside has amazing talent, but he's really immature and doesnt have his head in the right place. He's too concerned about his stat sheet, quick to pick up flagrants and ejection.

Both are horrible examples for our younger guys.

Might as well go with Bazemore & Horford or even Al Jeff who are more team players.

Incorrect. Derozan is not a ball stopper. He has developed his play making abilities a lot since his first few seasons. Avg 4apg and that's with Kyle Lowry setting up the offense.

Regardless, I personally dont want to see DeRozan on this team.

Ok, so just say that instead of making things up about his game.

im not making things up. If you watch his games.. you'd know he shoots alot and take some ill advised shots. and doesn't hustle much on D.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject:

If we draft Simmons I think I'd pay max for Parsons. I'll be willing to take the risk. He such a great fit.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
If we draft Simmons I think I'd pay max for Parsons. I'll be willing to take the risk. He such a great fit.

If we max both Parsons and Batum, they can pitch in to hopefully play an entire 82 game season.
miamichico305
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

If we max both Parsons and Batum, they can pitch in to hopefully play an entire 82 game season.

/thread

ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
ahaider wrote:
Tyson Chandler is so slow now lol. Why do you think Phoenix would want to move on from him so quickly?

Tyson played pretty well this year and through all the turmoil phoenix went through he never complained and continued to fight through it. He would only need to play 25-30 mins a game then we could go small with a randle/ Nance lineup. IMO in todays nba no center deserves max. He still rebounds at a high rate/ Hits good Pct of free throws and is a good teammate.

That certainly is a testament to his character. He's a high character guy and a champion. While he wouldn't be playing as many minutes, 30 minutes of Tyson Chandler is equivalent to me as 30 minutes of Biyombo. In fact, you could even make the case that Biyombo would be better. I think he's a shell of what he used to be and I think he's further declining.

I'd rather have a guy like Horford, Biyombo or Whiteside who can build cohesion with this group over the years.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Gimme some Batum pls. If we strike out on a Top 3 pick,we should go for him. His versatility would do wonders for the likely fast-paced offense that is going to be implemented now that the Tank Commander is gone.
Mamba08
Rookie
Rookie

Dave20 wrote:
Whiteside is a lock to sign here because of the Heat cap situation. The other guy she's talking about I have no Idea if its not Durant or DD.

Whiteside isn't a lock to sign with the Lakers. If the projected salary cap is at 92, then The Heat will have 40 mill in capspace themselves to split between Whiteside and Wade. That's plenty.

It's going to come down to if the Lakers can sell Whiteside on their future. Going to be hard to beat Pat Riley as a salesman, though. Plus he's already there, having success with them.

Last edited by Mamba08 on Mon May 02, 2016 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

jonnybravo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Batum's played 82, 71, 70 games respectively in his last three seasons.

That would mean he's missed a grand total of 23 games in three seasons, making it an average of 7.7 games missed per season.

He's not injury prone. People just made that up.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Mon May 02, 2016 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Doubt they would go after both. I understand the concerns but 65-70 games of one of those players is still significantly better then Solomon Hill or Wes Johnson for 82 games.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

ahaider wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
ahaider wrote:

That certainly is a testament to his character. He's a high character guy and a champion. While he wouldn't be playing as many minutes, 30 minutes of Tyson Chandler is equivalent to me as 30 minutes of Biyombo. In fact, you could even make the case that Biyombo would be better. I think he's a shell of what he used to be and I think he's further declining.

I'd rather have a guy like Horford, Biyombo or Whiteside who can build cohesion with this group over the years.

For sure I like Biyombo as well. Not sure how much it would take to lock him up. My only concern with him is he is undersized but he does play very hard. Of course chandler is not as good as he used to be but IMO instead of spending max on center I would rather try to get a guy like Biyombo, Chandler or Mozgov.
GoldenThroat

BobbyB wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Whiteside is a lock to sign here because of the Heat cap situation. The other guy she's talking about I have no Idea if its not Durant or DD.

I don't think the Lakers would offer Whiteside a max contract. I think they would be fine with him on a cheaper deal, but his situation is so similar to Demarre Carroll (who I wanted last offseason) that I think they put spending limits on pursuing Whiteside. Horford seems to be the player they would prefer with a max contract.

Whiteside for the max is a no brainer. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. Compared to the contracts other players will get, the max would make it seem like he's underpaid.

Why is it so hard to believe people think differently. If we could get Mozgov for 8-10 a year I would rather take that than Whiteside. Everyone is going to have different opinions on players you shouldn't be shocked when someone thinks differently than you. Hell, I would rather take Tyson Chandler and let him finish out his contract here than whiteside. He brings championship experience, proven vet, Doesn't complain and plays hard every game.

Signing multiple, below average players is a lot worse than signing one really good one. Whiteside's max starts at $21M. You'd rather pay a 34 year old Tyson Chandler at $13M a year than a 27 year old Hassan Whiteside $22.5M a year?

The plan if we miss out on KD is guys like Mareese Speights, Brandon Rush, Timofey Mozgov, Tyson Chandler, etc? This sounds like a better idea to you?
miamichico305
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Mindripper2000 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

That would mean he's missed a grand total of 22 games in three seasons, making it an average of 7 games missed per season.

What about the previous seasons before that... also dont forget the dude is always dealing with some kind of injury. He has durability issues.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
http://en.yibada.com/articles/107879/20160305/nba-rumors-lakers-plan-sign-chandler-parsons-hassan-whiteside-free.htm

This isn't a reputable website. They just make stuff up to get clicks.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
If Parsons wants to come here and play for Luke do you think he's worth max?

Is his max 20 or 25?

Id say maybe 18 for Parsons?

he was getting 16..

18 escalating to 20.

4 year deal with player opt out after 2?

Injuries concern me but damn he fits so nicely into our new scheme.

And he seems like such an LA guy lol
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

I just hope this "three year window" doesn't force us to sign big contracts to undeserving players.
QuadDouble
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

jonnybravo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

SAVAGE
miamichico305
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Mamba08 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Whiteside isn't a lock to sign with the Lakers. If the projected salary cap is at 92, then The Heat will have 40 mill in capspace themselves to split between Whiteside and Wade. That's plenty.

It's going to come down to if the Lakers can sell Whiteside on their future. Going to be hard to beat Pat Riley as a salesman, though. Plus he's already there, having success with them.

Miami doesnt have his bird right so any team can offer him the same amount Heat can, also Miami will be going after KD like every other team, they also have wade who will want to get paid after taking paycuts. Miami is going to want to sign other FAs, RIley will lowball Whiteside like he always does with FAs.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject:

miamichico305 wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

That would mean he's missed a grand total of 22 games in three seasons, making it an average of 7 games missed per season.

What about the previous seasons before that... also dont forget the dude is always dealing with some kind of injury. He has durability issues.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3416/nicolas-batum

Out of his eight seasons, he's only had two seasons where he's missed a significant chunk of games (2011-2012 and 2009-2010). Every other season, he's played 70 or more games. That's not exactly Derek Fisher durability but it's not even close to injury prone.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Mon May 02, 2016 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

miamichico305 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
If Parsons wants to come here and play for Luke do you think he's worth max?

NO.

iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Doubt they would go after both. I understand the concerns but 65-70 games of one of those players is still significantly better then Solomon Hill or Wes Johnson for 82 games.

Agree. I don't think they'd sign Parsons and Batum

Could see Parsons and Bazemore though.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I don't think the Lakers would offer Whiteside a max contract. I think they would be fine with him on a cheaper deal, but his situation is so similar to Demarre Carroll (who I wanted last offseason) that I think they put spending limits on pursuing Whiteside. Horford seems to be the player they would prefer with a max contract.

Whiteside for the max is a no brainer. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. Compared to the contracts other players will get, the max would make it seem like he's underpaid.

Why is it so hard to believe people think differently. If we could get Mozgov for 8-10 a year I would rather take that than Whiteside. Everyone is going to have different opinions on players you shouldn't be shocked when someone thinks differently than you. Hell, I would rather take Tyson Chandler and let him finish out his contract here than whiteside. He brings championship experience, proven vet, Doesn't complain and plays hard every game.

Signing multiple, below average players is a lot worse than signing one really good one. Whiteside's max starts at $21M. You'd rather pay a 34 year old Tyson Chandler at $13M a year than a 27 year old Hassan Whiteside $22.5M a year?

The plan if we miss out on KD is guys like Mareese Speights, Brandon Rush, Timofey Mozgov, Tyson Chandler, etc? This sounds like a better idea to you?

I'm just not sold on Whiteside. He puts up some impressive stats from time to time no doubt, I'm just not sure how successful he can be in the type of system we are trying to install and even if he is not sure if he is worth max money. My question is when we play teams that go small ex: Golden State. Will Whiteside be able to punish there smaller frontcourt and demand double teams. conversely, will he be able to stick on Draymond who would be playing the 5. I just feel like center is the most useless position in NBA right now and there is no need to spend max on that position. Mozgov can defend the rim and is a respectable rebounder where he avgd 7 in 25 mins last season. I wouldn't mind him for 10 mill or whatever to play 25 -30 mins a game and the rest of the time we can do small ball. If our Center is not going to be able to play when teams go small why spend max is my main argument I guess.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Mamba08 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Plus there's no state income tax in Florida, while California's is 13.3% for high income individuals. Meaning he takes home about $2.66 million more in Miami on a salary of $20mil a year as an example.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Kurt Helin @basketballtalk
Report: Chandler Parsons to opt out of Mavericks contract
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Kurt Helin @basketballtalk
Report: Chandler Parsons to opt out of Mavericks contract

Let the Mavs resign glass knees to a max.

They would be smart to let him go. Microfracture surgery is no joke.

Last edited by Megaton on Mon May 02, 2016 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 909, 910, 911 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next
Page 910 of 2684
Jump to: