OFFICIAL 2016 FREE AGENCY (PINCUS states 2017-18 salary cap falling to $102m; Lakers get Calderon, pg.2432; sign Deng 4 yr/$72M; Mozgov 4 yr/$64M; Tarik Black 2 yr/$12.85M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 910, 911, 912 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Parsons actually fits in Luke wants to run next year, especially if he can come back at the least 75-80%.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Wow, Parsons hasn't been as injury prone as I thought he's been. He's never played fewer than 60 games in a season. Not great, but not as brittle as I thought.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Parsons actually fits in Luke wants to run next year, especially if he can come back at the least 75-80%.

Those knees; ugh!. Such a perfect fit, too. He was coming along last year playing his best basketball of the season, and then he tore his meniscus. This guy just can't stay healthy, man.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

Deathstroke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
Derozan and Whiteside might be the locks to sign with us. I feel like both of them for different reasons would love to get big money to be playing in LA. Outside chance of Horford being on the list as well.

If lakers spend most of there cap on DeRozan and Whiteside they will be making a big mistake IMO. Of course they would love to get big money to play in LA who wouldn't. But does FO feel the same way?

I disagree. I think both Demar and Whiteside would be excellent signings for our team. We have a great lack of veteran talent and those 2 fill in those needs while still being relatively young and in their primes.

If the Lakers are to install a motion system similar to the Warriors (and I don't know they will), Whiteside is a really poor fit. Bogut is really good at passing the ball, Green and Spreights are good at passing the ball. Whiteside sucks. I don't know if that would be a deciding factor for the FO, but we would be back to 4 guys running the offense similar to when we had Artest in the triangle.

His impact on defense more than makes up for his lack of offensive awareness.

Someone like Horford does both.
Omar Little

P.K. wrote:
Mamba08 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Whiteside is a lock to sign here because of the Heat cap situation. The other guy she's talking about I have no Idea if its not Durant or DD.

Whiteside isn't a lock to sign with the Lakers. If the projected salary cap is at 92, then The Heat will have 40 mill in capspace themselves to split between Whiteside and Wade. That's plenty.

It's going to come down to if the Lakers can sell Whiteside on their future. Going to be hard to beat Pat Riley as a salesman, though. Plus he's already there, having success with them.

Plus there's no state income tax in Florida, while California's is 13.3% for high income individuals. Meaning he takes home about $2.66 million more in Miami on a salary of $20mil a year as an example.

Only half of the games are played at home, so it's not a straight 13% gain, but it is there.
GoldenThroat

Super efficient this year too (58.9%), he'd crush it in this kind of style.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Wow, Parsons hasn't been as injury prone as I thought he's been. He's never played fewer than 60 games in a season. Not great, but not as brittle as I thought.

u want to pay him max?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I think he's worth the risk. Great fit with the young core.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Especially if we play him at 2...
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

ya Parsons at 2 and KD @3
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Kurt Helin @basketballtalk
Report: Chandler Parsons to opt out of Mavericks contract

Let the Mavs resign glass knees to a max. :lol:

They would be smart to let him go. Microfracture surgery is no joke.
There's risk involved with every FA other then Durant that wants max. I'll take him over Derozan for sure.
Mamba08
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't touch Parsons. He's had multiple knee surgeries.

I think Bazemore is in play to return. He loved it here, and will probably be intrigued by Luke.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Especially if we play him at 2... :P
I have no problem with that since Clarkson is a 1.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

miamichico305 wrote:
Mamba08 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Whiteside is a lock to sign here because of the Heat cap situation. The other guy she's talking about I have no Idea if its not Durant or DD.

Whiteside isn't a lock to sign with the Lakers. If the projected salary cap is at 92, then The Heat will have 40 mill in capspace themselves to split between Whiteside and Wade. That's plenty.

It's going to come down to if the Lakers can sell Whiteside on their future. Going to be hard to beat Pat Riley as a salesman, though. Plus he's already there, having success with them.

Miami doesnt have his bird right so any team can offer him the same amount Heat can, also Miami will be going after KD like every other team, they also have wade who will want to get paid after taking paycuts. Miami is going to want to sign other FAs, RIley will lowball Whiteside like he always does with FAs.

So the guy who has had the player for the last season and a half is going to low ball him? And we should pay max?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Oy ve.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I see you bringing out the big guns
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

u want to pay him max?

No, I wouldn't max him out. I'd go to around $21M or so.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:18 pm    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I don't think the Lakers would offer Whiteside a max contract. I think they would be fine with him on a cheaper deal, but his situation is so similar to Demarre Carroll (who I wanted last offseason) that I think they put spending limits on pursuing Whiteside. Horford seems to be the player they would prefer with a max contract.

Whiteside for the max is a no brainer. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. Compared to the contracts other players will get, the max would make it seem like he's underpaid.

Why is it so hard to believe people think differently. If we could get Mozgov for 8-10 a year I would rather take that than Whiteside. Everyone is going to have different opinions on players you shouldn't be shocked when someone thinks differently than you. Hell, I would rather take Tyson Chandler and let him finish out his contract here than whiteside. He brings championship experience, proven vet, Doesn't complain and plays hard every game.

Signing multiple, below average players is a lot worse than signing one really good one. Whiteside's max starts at $21M. You'd rather pay a 34 year old Tyson Chandler at $13M a year than a 27 year old Hassan Whiteside $22.5M a year?

The plan if we miss out on KD is guys like Mareese Speights, Brandon Rush, Timofey Mozgov, Tyson Chandler, etc? This sounds like a better idea to you?

I'm just not sold on Whiteside. He puts up some impressive stats from time to time no doubt, I'm just not sure how successful he can be in the type of system we are trying to install and even if he is not sure if he is worth max money. My question is when we play teams that go small ex: Golden State. Will Whiteside be able to punish there smaller frontcourt and demand double teams. conversely, will he be able to stick on Draymond who would be playing the 5. I just feel like center is the most useless position in NBA right now and there is no need to spend max on that position. Mozgov can defend the rim and is a respectable rebounder where he avgd 7 in 25 mins last season. I wouldn't mind him for 10 mill or whatever to play 25 -30 mins a game and the rest of the time we can do small ball. If our Center is not going to be able to play when teams go small why spend max is my main argument I guess.

The character issues are what prevents me from being sold on him. You want to establish a culture since the Lakers are basically building from the ground up. San Antonio doesn't have an knuckleheads. They've had hot heads like Stephen Jackson but he was a complimentary player.

Golden State loaded up on high character guys.

To those that say Luke will get him in check.. his maturity and character were called into question dating all the way back to when he was being drafted. If being out of the league, going to the d-league, and being passed on by several teams weren't enough to humble him.. I don't know what will.

Miami can keep him.

I get he's a great rim protector and the blocks are sexy.. but respectfully, I'd pass.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Mamba08 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Plus there's no state income tax in Florida, while California's is 13.3% for high income individuals. Meaning he takes home about $2.66 million more in Miami on a salary of $20mil a year as an example.

That would be true if he played every game in Florida. He pays tax in Calfirornia, he pays tax in New York. It would be less of a difference than you posted but he would be paying more tax if he left Florida.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

u want to pay him max?

that is his max
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:20 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

After you mentioned that, I took a look; kind of surprising. Why do I get a feeling we're going to pursue him?
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson/GP3
Russell/Lou
Parsons/Nance
Simmons/Randle
Whiteside /Black

Solid team with Luke as coach.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

u want to pay him max?

That is his max.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Those knees; ugh!. Such a perfect fit, too. He was coming along last year playing his best basketball of the season, and then he tore his meniscus. This guy just can't stay healthy, man.

He would be a great to have as a partial starter and a back up. especially if we can't get Durant.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

u want to pay him max?

that is his max

That's right!

I thought he was in the 7-9 year range. Then yeah, I'd max him out at $21M.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 910, 911, 912 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next
Page 911 of 2684
Jump to: