OFFICIAL 2016 FREE AGENCY (PINCUS states 2017-18 salary cap falling to $102m; Lakers get Calderon, pg.2432; sign Deng 4 yr/$72M; Mozgov 4 yr/$64M; Tarik Black 2 yr/$12.85M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legendarymamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I think marvin williams would be a nice get at sf. Also would be affordable and can rotate between starting 3 and stretch 4 That and try to sell whiteside on being a centerpiece in la with a young team around him. Grab noah and chalmers as backups.

Sign whiteside at max (4 years, 90 mil i think)
williams (3 yrs, 25mil) noah (2 years, 18 mil with team option yr 2)
chalmers ( 2-3 years, 11-16 mil) sign jordy after done with moves.

Russell/chalmers
clarkson/lou will(if not moved)
williams/young
randle/nance
whiteside/noah.

Idk if it works numbers wise, but i would be very happy with this offseason.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Whiteside is leaving that weak East to come playing in the brutal West where the Warriors will be running things for years. Don't see it.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Tonight's game also shows why I'm not too concerned, if we want to keep him, about Hibbert costing a lot of money. Frankly, would be happy if he'd be retainable for 10-12m. His value IMO is going down thanks to Scott and the new NBA. If he'd be ok with that, maybe he'll be back.

Agreed, with the trend of small ball and PnR's, I'm not sure how much money he'd get from a team. He seems to have a good relationship with the young guys. Rewinding a decade ago, I could see him getting a max deal because he'd be a lot more playable. Hopefully we'll get him on a 8-12 million dollar deal and the defense would be better with a new philosophy being integrated through different coaching.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Quote:
SportsFromMyEyes ‏@JTyree704 13m13 minutes ago
Nicolas Batum says he's been here two months and he loves Clifford. Having him here will be a big factor in his decision as a UFA #Hornets.

They just signed him for 3 more years.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Quote:
Nicolas Batum says he's been here two months and he loves Clifford. Having him here will be a big factor in his decision as a UFA #Hornets.

I wish we had both.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
bonkers wrote:
Quote:

I wish we had both.

Somewhere, someone is saying that it's about the talent not the coaching.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
bonkers wrote:
Quote:

I wish we had both.

I am a JLin fan, I have been following the Hornets a lot more this season... I want to say coach clifford is a really really good coach, I am very impressed... just watch his pre- post- game interviews, the guy is articulate, observant... he dissects the game really well, there is a lot substance in his interviews...
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject:

clarkson/detroit 1st/ jennings to utah
Lou/Bass/kelly to detroit
Favors to lakers
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
bonkers wrote:
Quote:

I wish we had both.

I am a JLin fan, I have been following the Hornets a lot more this season... I want to say coach clifford is a really really good coach, I am very impressed... just watch his pre- post- game interviews, the guy is articulate, observant... he dissects the game really well, there is a lot substance in his interviews...

Schematically, the Hornets are at the top of the teams that I want the Lakers to emulate.
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:06 am    Post subject:

why is that? Why them and not Spurs or Warriors?
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:17 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Whiteside is leaving that weak East to come playing in the brutal West where the Warriors will be running things for years. Don't see it.

Haven't you heard... the East is better than the West this year.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:11 am    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
why is that? Why them and not Spurs or Warriors?

All three systems are similar, in that the GS and CHA offensive systems are derived from the Spurs, just adapted to their different personnel. The Warriors rely a lot on playmaking from the front court and the deadly shooting from their guards, with others spotting up. Unlike the Spurs, who like to keep the ball in Parker's hands, the Hornets this year take advantage of their multiple ballhandlers from all three perimeter spots, with a lot of handoffs into PnR.

The Hornets offense is a bit simpler, in that you could probably install it on the Lakers in a very short time. It relies a bit more on triangle elements, which our players should be pretty familiar with by now, and they have a lot of handoff actions which should also be familiar. You wouldn't post up Hibbert any where close to as much as they post up Jefferson (even with his reduced usage these days), but you'd still take advantage of his presence there.

Defensively, like the Lakers, they have a lumbering big that needs to drop back on screens. They can't switch as freely as the Warriors. They play conservatively where they limit transition, focus on grabbing defensive rebounds and don't take many gambles.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

Really? The Heat are 2nd in the east right now.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:30 am    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Chad09 wrote:

Really? The Heat are 2nd in the east right now.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject:

Whatever Lakers do - they have to get some players with length and athleticism for D. You value those things ahead of O, because with some time and coaching change this team will be able to score 100 a night. Even a 100 a night average is solid enough to stay competitive if you have D.

I'm looking at the FA's and the guy that comes to mind is Noah. I really think he'd help this team's D. Luol Deng, another guy. Has length and can defend, and I'd use him as a 4/3. Both guys can give you D, they're not 1-way players, they are 2-way players. They're "old" but if you've got a young core like Randle, Nance, Clarkson, Russ coming back - you need to surround them with some older tougher defensive minded players. The reason their names come to mind - I think both guys leave via FA.

We don't need guys that can create their looks unless it's a star who can be the #1 for the team. Obviously you try for the Durants and other stars. But the focus should be about D, and you should think about players that'll compliment your young core's strength/weaknesses.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Whatever Lakers do - they have to get some players with length and athleticism for D. You value those things ahead of O, because with some time and coaching change this team will be able to score 100 a night. Even a 100 a night average is solid enough to stay competitive if you have D.

I'm looking at the FA's and the guy that comes to mind is Noah. I really think he'd help this team's D. Luol Deng, another guy. Has length and can defend, and I'd use him as a 4/3. Both guys can give you D, they're not 1-way players, they are 2-way players. They're "old" but if you've got a young core like Randle, Nance, Clarkson, Russ coming back - you need to surround them with some older tougher defensive minded players. The reason their names come to mind - I think both guys leave via FA.

We don't need guys that can create their looks unless it's a star who can be the #1 for the team. Obviously you try for the Durants and other stars. But the focus should be about D, and you should think about players that'll compliment your young core's strength/weaknesses.

problem with those two is thibs overused them. Both 30 but more like 32 due to thibs
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

I thought about those two also. Theoretically can get horford/Noah/deng. But that's a pretty old trio.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
clarkson/detroit 1st/ jennings to utah
Lou/Bass/kelly to detroit
Favors to lakers

Good luck getting the Jazz and especially the Pistons to agree to that trade.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject:

I don't think Parsons is a free agent this year. His PO is for next season.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Deng started to decline win his last yr in chicago. That was 2.5 yrs back. He is done and so is noah.

They r not at a point where they r going to produce wins.

Are we not tired of injuries yet? And so want to get the old 30's players in noah/deng? Thibs ran them in ground
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

If deng is available for 3 years at 10-12m and Noah at same I can see them as a plan c. Surround our youth with vets.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If deng is available for 3 years at 10-12m and Noah at same I can see them as a plan c. Surround our youth with vets.

Deng will be 31 yrs old next season. I guess Vets come to the Lakers to retire.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I prefer to give max to barnes, ezeli and 12-14 to harkless.

No to the players who Thibs ran to ground
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject:

I question if GS would match Ezeli? Barnes would like be a no brainer for them.
XxBaDGuYxX
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

If we struck out on my pipe dream of acquiring Durant via free agency and Cousins via trade than I will be happy with the following:

1. Sign Nicholas Batum. He is a 26 year old version of an upgraded Trevor Ariza. He's a perfect, ATHELTIC, 3 and D player who can create plays for others and is a great team defender. I think he would compliment our young core just fine. 5 Year Max should get it done.

2. Sign Joakim Noah. YES, he's 30 years old but his defensive presence and PASSING ability will really benefit Randle inside. There aren't too many big men his nice with his unique skillset of passing, defense, and rebounding. 3 years - 20mil.

Thoughts?

- Kobe Bryant
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next
Page 130 of 2684
Jump to: