OFFICIAL 2016 FREE AGENCY (PINCUS states 2017-18 salary cap falling to $102m; Lakers get Calderon, pg.2432; sign Deng 4 yr/$72M; Mozgov 4 yr/$64M; Tarik Black 2 yr/$12.85M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1333, 1334, 1335 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Kooper 21 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Yong wrote:
Interesting how we are proposing trades like two 2nd picks for Paul George,

when in the past it used to be Kwame + trash + late teens pick + 2nd round nobody for PAU BIG MAN ALL STAR SUPER SKILLED GASTRONG

how the nba has changed ....

Come on man, you can't compare every trade to the best highway robbery in sports.

Marc for Pau ain't highway robbery.

It was highway robbery. We got a Hall of Famer for trash and 2nd rounders.

It wasn't highway robbery. It was an opportunity. Memphis wanted cap space to pay their young guys and cheap youth. One turned out to be a dpoy. They got what they wanted.

Hall of Famer for trash. Highway robbery.

Pau Gasol was the Demar Derozan of the Grizzlies. I remember they used to boo Pau relentlessly in his final months with the Grizzlies because he was soft and couldnt even win 1 playoff game. Add to that, the Grizzlies were being sold so the owner wasnt looking to add contracts, which is why he took the largest expiring contract which was Kwame. Saying Pau was a hall of famer back then is like saying Derozan is a hall of famer right now.

The Griz' playoff record with Pau was 0-12
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Raijin wrote:
Kooper 21 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Yong wrote:

when in the past it used to be Kwame + trash + late teens pick + 2nd round nobody for PAU BIG MAN ALL STAR SUPER SKILLED GASTRONG

Come on man, you can't compare every trade to the best highway robbery in sports.

It wasn't highway robbery. It was an opportunity. Memphis wanted cap space to pay their young guys and cheap youth. One turned out to be a dpoy. They got what they wanted.

Pau Gasol was the Demar Derozan of the Grizzlies. I remember they used to boo Pau relentlessly in his final months with the Grizzlies because he was soft and couldnt even win 1 playoff game. Add to that, the Grizzlies were being sold so the owner wasnt looking to add contracts, which is why he took the largest expiring contract which was Kwame. Saying Pau was a hall of famer back then is like saying Derozan is a hall of famer right now.

I would guess without looking those MEM teams that Battier was the 2nd best player on those Grizzles teams, with the 3rd best being Mike Miller.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Power Gasol wrote:
The Grind wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think getting Horford and Conley can potentially entice Durant without having to trade away significant assets.

I think is very difficult. How are you going to convince KD this would be a better team than OKC? Who is going to take over the game when KD having a bad shooting night? Both Horford and Conley are not able to do that. Russell/Clarkson/Randle/Ingram might be able to in few years time but not immediately. If you are KD, you probably will also be worried about if those young kids never reach their potential. There's a reason why Cav traded Wiggins more Love.

Cavs would be much better off if they had Wiggins instead of Love right now. That was a shortsighted move by Bron the GM.

How could you possibly say that when they've reached the finals two years in a row.

Let's be real here: they would have made it without Love. In fact, that's exactly what happened last year.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
governator wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
methdxman wrote:
As much as I want Durant to come to LA, the facts are a bit sobering:

Other Team: 4 years 111 million
OKC: 5 years 150 million
OKC next summer: 5 years 208 million

We're toast.

That's easy. You give him 4 years at at max with player option in year 2. He opts out and then signs a max deal. Game over.

if you give him 1+1 max, then next year, The LAKERS can give him 5yr 208million (mods confirm?)

$200mil... this is bananas

I'm guessing 1+1, then a 4 year max after the declined player option.

i'm just saying, KD is an UFA. Can't he sign 1+1 with us this summer, opt out next summer. Don't we have his bird right or something, the 5 yr $208mil?
what is OKC's advantage this summer in term of cap space, KD not gonna sign 5 yr now, not with the explosion of cap next summer
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
methdxman wrote:

We're toast.

That's easy. You give him 4 years at at max with player option in year 2. He opts out and then signs a max deal. Game over.

if you give him 1+1 max, then next year, The LAKERS can give him 5yr 208million (mods confirm?)

Not quite. Lakers would be able to offer 4 years without bird rights and 4.5% raises rather than 7.5%, assuming the cba stays the same.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
methdxman wrote:

We're toast.

Not quite. Lakers would be able to offer 4 years without bird rights and 4.5% raises rather than 7.5%, assuming the cba stays the same.

got it. thought you get the bird right if he sign 1+1 with us this summer. 3% different each year, sounds small but that's a lot
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

So it looks like our 2 most desirable FA gets are Derozan and Whiteside but it looks like both are staying put.

So what's next ?

If Derizan goes back you can bet Biyombo is gone... But is Biymbo the kind of starting center that fits the skeme here ? I don't think he is. He's small (which is ok in today's game) but he has not very great hands and in this offense the ball will be moving a lot. I like his motor but overall I think he's better as a bench C like Ezeli was and I don't think he's max worthy. My only reason for going after him is his age (24).

The best C I think who fits the best is Joakim Noah. I love the fit here. Honestly he fits better here than he did in Chicago. I say he should be the center we go after the most and I truly think Walton sees that and will go after him.

My ideal contract would be 12-14m but I think he will ask for 16m which coming off the past 2 seasons I don't think he's worth that. I'd do a 1yr 14m maybe a 2yrplayer.

I also see Walton going after Barnes because he knows him and he knows the system. He's not worth the max tho at all and we would be stupid af yo get him at that. He's really MLE type money but you can't tell because he's playing pretty much behind Curry, Klay, Green, and Iggy. The Warriors are a great team tho so is he a reason why at all? Is he underrated and does he have all star potential? Is he worth a gamble ? It's going to take a hefty contract to snag him, so I say pass on him.

Batum would also be great but he's going to stay. So next is a guy who is also on the Hornets and that's Courtney Lee. Lee is a a 3D guy who we can really use. He can play at the 3 and IMO I would start at the 2 and bring Clarkosn off the bench as the 6th man. A 3yr 36m contract should be a decent get.

I like Lou in the system but I'm not sure we need both him and Clarkson who are kinda similar. I would explore a trade for him. I like him to Detroit for pick 18 or Lou and 32 for Jodie and 18.

Or another would be a swap of Lou to the Nets for Jack or since they need picks we can do Nick Young, Lou , and 32 for Jack and Robinson or Karesev who can a possible cheap shooter. Or Lou, Nance, and 32 for Thad Young. I really like Young in this offense who can play an Iggy type role.

But back to FA... Joakim Noah and Courtney Lee would be a solid offseason with trades of Lou, Young, 32 and possiblly Nance if we can get a guy like Thad Young. Then of course draft Simmons or Ingram. I'd be satisfied
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
So it looks like our 2 most desirable FA gets are Derozan and Whiteside but it looks like both are staying put.

So what's next ?

If Derizan goes back you can bet Biyombo is gone... But is Biymbo the kind of starting center that fits the skeme here ? I don't think he is. He's small (which is ok in today's game) but he has not very great hands and in this offense the ball will be moving a lot. I like his motor but overall I think he's better as a bench C like Ezeli was and I don't think he's max worthy. My only reason for going after him is his age (24).

The best C I think who fits the best is Joakim Noah. I love the fit here. Honestly he fits better here than he did in Chicago. I say he should be the center we go after the most and I truly think Walton sees that and will go after him.

My ideal contract would be 12-14m but I think he will ask for 16m which coming off the past 2 seasons I don't think he's worth that. I'd do a 1yr 14m maybe a 2yrplayer.

I also see Walton going after Barnes because he knows him and he knows the system. He's not worth the max tho at all and we would be stupid af yo get him at that. He's really MLE type money but you can't tell because he's playing pretty much behind Curry, Klay, Green, and Iggy. The Warriors are a great team tho so is he a reason why at all? Is he underrated and does he have all star potential? Is he worth a gamble ? It's going to take a hefty contract to snag him, so I say pass on him.

Batum would also be great but he's going to stay. So next is a guy who is also on the Hornets and that's Courtney Lee. Lee is a a 3D guy who we can really use. He can play at the 3 and IMO I would start at the 2 and bring Clarkosn off the bench as the 6th man. A 3yr 36m contract should be a decent get.

I like Lou in the system but I'm not sure we need both him and Clarkson who are kinda similar. I would explore a trade for him. I like him to Detroit for pick 18 or Lou and 32 for Jodie and 18.

Or another would be a swap of Lou to the Nets for Jack or since they need picks we can do Nick Young, Lou , and 32 for Jack and Robinson or Karesev who can a possible cheap shooter. Or Lou, Nance, and 32 for Thad Young. I really like Young in this offense who can play an Iggy type role.

But back to FA... Joakim Noah and Courtney Lee would be a solid offseason with trades of Lou, Young, 32 and possiblly Nance if we can get a guy like Thad Young. Then of course draft Simmons or Ingram. I'd be satisfied

So we strike out and end up with the likes of Hibbert, Lin, Lou, etc. yet again. Nice.

FIRE MITCH
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Free agency hasn't even started, no one is going or staying at this point.
GasolBynumKobe
Star Player
Star Player

dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

So what's next ?

So we strike out and end up with the likes of Hibbert, Lin, Lou, etc. yet again. Nice.

Free agency has started already? You guys know something we don't?
Power Gasol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Oliver Reed wrote:
Power Gasol wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Power Gasol wrote:
The Grind wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I think getting Horford and Conley can potentially entice Durant without having to trade away significant assets.

I think is very difficult. How are you going to convince KD this would be a better team than OKC? Who is going to take over the game when KD having a bad shooting night? Both Horford and Conley are not able to do that. Russell/Clarkson/Randle/Ingram might be able to in few years time but not immediately. If you are KD, you probably will also be worried about if those young kids never reach their potential. There's a reason why Cav traded Wiggins more Love.

Cavs would be much better off if they had Wiggins instead of Love right now. That was a shortsighted move by Bron the GM.

How could you possibly say that when they've reached the finals two years in a row.

Is that because of Love?

Absolutely not, but you're purely speculating that a Wiggins/Bron combo would be better than Love/Bron.

Having Wiggins in last years Finals may have gotten them over the top.

Maybe. Except you're forgetting one key detail... Love didn't play a single game in the finals.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Power Gasol wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Power Gasol wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Power Gasol wrote:
The Grind wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Is that because of Love?

Absolutely not, but you're purely speculating that a Wiggins/Bron combo would be better than Love/Bron.

Having Wiggins in last years Finals may have gotten them over the top.

Maybe. Except you're forgetting one key detail... Love didn't play a single game in the finals.

Exactly Oliver's point.

FIRE MITCH
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:46 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

So what's next ?

1. It's about fits.... Hibbert never fit us...also Lin and Lou are good complimentary players which are good gets because not every team can strike a star in FA which you obviously think will happen.

You gotta put the right guys around the right guys. I think Noah is the ideal C in the system and I think Lee would be an excellent role player. Both bring something we need and its defense.

I can also sit here and say sign Durant, Whiteside, then trade pick Young and 32 and move up to pick 15 and draft Thon Maker then trade pick 2 and Lou for pick 1 and get Simmons. Like Durant, Derozan, Whiteside, Horford, Conley, and Batum are mostly all staying...... So what would you do then ?
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

So what's next ?

1. It's about fits.... Hibbert never fit us...also Lin and Lou are good complimentary players which are good gets because not every team can strike a star in FA which you obviously think will happen.

You gotta put the right guys around the right guys. I think Noah is the ideal C in the system and I think Lee would be an excellent role player. Both bring something we need and its defense.

I can also sit here and say sign Durant, Whiteside, then trade pick Young and 32 and move up to pick 15 and draft Thon Maker then trade pick 2 and Lou for pick 1 and get Simmons. Like Durant, Derozan, Whiteside, Horford, Conley, and Batum are mostly all staying...... So what would you do then ?

I certainly wouldn't go into free agency thinking already that we have no chance at Durant, DD, Whiteside, and others. Going with that mentality and settling for scrubs is how you end up with the pieces you mentioned.

FIRE MITCH
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

So what's next ?

Well I've read that Riley's main target will to make sure Whiteside is back. Batum is pretty much ready to resign and they will max him. Derozan thinks Toronto is the best situation for him right now. Durant likes where OKC us heading. Horford loves ATL. Conley may be a darkhorse to leave but I can't see it. No I don't know where people are going but it seems like they all want the money and be resigned. We most likely do strike out on FA like we did the past 2 seasons. I'll be happy with just Ingram tbh. Let these guys grow, I know it's something we're not use to being lakers fans but we got a nice young core to look forward to. Not sure I'd care for a 32 yr old Horford or a 25m Batum. Only guy I truly truly want is Durant. If we don't get Whiteside or Derozan I really don't care. I'm just happy we set on the 2nd pick which will get us possiblly someone who is better than anyone even in FA. It's just the patience part we can't deal with, I think.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Kooper21, you're spot on, when you say, "Pau Gasol was the Demar Derozan of the Grizzlies".... well said!

Raijin wrote:
Kooper 21 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Yong wrote:

dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

So what's next ?

Well I've read that Riley's main target will to make sure Whiteside is back. Batum is pretty much ready to resign and they will max him. Derozan thinks Toronto is the best situation for him right now. Durant likes where OKC us heading. Horford loves ATL. Conley may be a darkhorse to leave but I can't see it. No I don't know where people are going but it seems like they all want the money and be resigned. We most likely do strike out on FA like we did the past 2 seasons. I'll be happy with just Ingram tbh. Let these guys grow, I know it's something we're not use to being lakers fans but we got a nice young core to look forward to. Not sure I'd care for a 32 yr old Horford or a 25m Batum. Only guy I truly truly want is Durant. If we don't get Whiteside or Derozan I really don't care. I'm just happy we set on the 2nd pick which will get us possiblly someone who is better than anyone even in FA. It's just the patience part we can't deal with, I think.

It's still May. These players are still under contract with their respective teams. They have no idea what their gonna do in free agency. Geez. Let's give up before free agency even starts, heck let's give up before the month of June. Yeyyy!!!!

FIRE MITCH
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

So what's next ?

I certainly wouldn't go into free agency thinking already that we have no chance at Durant, DD, Whiteside, and others. Going with that mentality and settling for scrubs is how you end up with the pieces you mentioned.

Umm I'm not the FO... I hardly doubt we're going in to FA not thinking we're not going to get anyone but just from what I'm seeing and reading is that DD and company are most likely staying put.... I'm stating who I would target after those guys... It's sad thinking Noah and Lee wouldn't be solid gets for this team because they sure would help us get more than 17 wins.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

So what's next ?

Umm I'm not the FO... I hardly doubt we're going in to FA not thinking we're not going to get anyone but just from what I'm seeing and reading is that DD and company are most likely staying put.... I'm stating who I would target after those guys... It's sad thinking Noah and Lee wouldn't be solid gets for this team because they sure would help us get more than 17 wins.

Again, it's May.

More than 17 wins? Maybe we can get to 20 right? Oh these scrubs.

FIRE MITCH
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

So what's next ?

It's still May. These players are still under contract with their respective teams. They have no idea what their gonna do in free agency. Geez. Let's give up before free agency even starts, heck let's give up before the month of June. Yeyyy!!!!

Dude what are you talking about !!! This is a FA thread and when did I ever say I gave up on these guys ? I'm stating from just what I've read. Lol Noah is a top 5 C in FA and Lee is a top 5 SG in FA so how is that giving up.... It's like this board only wants to have repeats of only signing Derozan, Durant, or Whiteside and we write as if we already signed them haha
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

So what's next ?

Again, it's May.

More than 17 wins? Maybe we can get to 20 right? Oh these scrubs.

It's actually June here...
Also, 20 is better than 17 and at least it's improving haha and it's about having the young guys grow. That's what will win us games. It's going to take some time before Russell and the guys can use to the game. I'm not expecting FA really to save us unless we can get Durant because he's the only guy who can actually turn us around. Other than that we need the young guys to hit the gym because those guys are the future and it's going to be important to get the right guys around them and I think Noah and Lee are good compliments to them.
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242075/Thunder-Have-Real-Concern-With-Warriors-Kevin-Durant-Infatuation

Durant wants to go to the Warriors. We have no chance of signing him.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
GasolBynumKobe wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

So what's next ?

Dude what are you talking about !!! This is a FA thread and when did I ever say I gave up on these guys ? I'm stating from just what I've read. Lol Noah is a top 5 C in FA and Lee is a top 5 SG in FA so how is that giving up.... It's like this board only wants to have repeats of only signing Derozan, Durant, or Whiteside and we write as if we already signed them haha

No.

SG: DD, Beal, Wade, Clarkson Fournier, JR Smith (player option), Jamal Crawford, and maybes in Afflalo, Eric Gordon, and Stephenson

C: Drummond, Whiteside, Horford, Pau, Dwight (player option), Al Jefferson, Biyombo, and maybes in Ezeli and Mozgov

FIRE MITCH
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242075/Thunder-Have-Real-Concern-With-Warriors-Kevin-Durant-Infatuation

Durant wants to go to the Warriors. We have no chance of signing him.

Lol only means WB will available next. #WeWantWestbrook2017
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
methdxman wrote:

We're toast.

If only the Lakers had demonstrated that they take care of their stars, one might be willing to risk the 5th year
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1333, 1334, 1335 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next
Page 1334 of 2684
Jump to: