OFFICIAL 2016 FREE AGENCY (PINCUS states 2017-18 salary cap falling to $102m; Lakers get Calderon, pg.2432; sign Deng 4 yr/$72M; Mozgov 4 yr/$64M; Tarik Black 2 yr/$12.85M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1335, 1336, 1337 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
Even if KD comes here with Whiteside we will be 2-3 years away from being contenders. Wouldn't mind if we ended up getting no one really and get a bunch of good role players and allow the young guys to get better and get he playing time they need. We should replicate the OKC model and let these young guns run with it. Maybe 35-38 wins next year. Maybe 52 and 8th seed the following. And maybe 60 wins 3 years out and become contenders?

Dude, if KD comes here next year, they aren't winning only 35-38 games.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
epak wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
I read somewhere Lakers are gonna go after Horford at center. If Durant wants to play with Horford, when you bring in Durant, bring in Horford too. Even if the Lakers do not send out another max contract, they can use the remaining money on key players to plug in the right players.

Horford
Randle
Durant
Ingram
Russel

Clarkson
Nance Jr.
Brown

That team will be a contender and probably win a title in 3 years tops.

Did you read that on LG?
Or on a media outlet?

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/4/18/11448136/la-lakers-free-agency-rumors-draft-lottery-odds

Thanks. So basically @Chinmay_Vaidya wrote his dream scenario on Apr 18, 2016. The way you worded it, I thought you were referring to something legit.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Rumors are KD likes both Horford and Harden:

Sign Horford
Trade for Harden (#2 and JC)
Sign KD

Dlo
Harden
KD
Randle
Horford

I know its a LONGSHOT, but we would immediately be in championship contention. If anyone can pull this off, its Mitch.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Rumors are KD likes both Horford and Harden:

Sign Horford
Trade for Harden (#2 and JC)
Sign KD

Dlo
Harden
KD
Randle
Horford

I know its a LONGSHOT, but we would immediately be in championship contention. If anyone can pull this off, its Mitch.

I got one better. But I actually have a source. KD himself:

Quote:
Kevin DurantVerified account
‏@KDTrey5
Roscoes was bomb! U already kno who I went with...

KD, likes Roscoes Chicken and Waffles. He's coming to L.A.!
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
epak wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
I read somewhere Lakers are gonna go after Horford at center. If Durant wants to play with Horford, when you bring in Durant, bring in Horford too. Even if the Lakers do not send out another max contract, they can use the remaining money on key players to plug in the right players.

Horford
Randle
Durant
Ingram
Russel

Clarkson
Nance Jr.
Brown

Did you read that on LG?
Or on a media outlet?

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/4/18/11448136/la-lakers-free-agency-rumors-draft-lottery-odds

Thanks. So basically @Chinmay_Vaidya wrote his dream scenario on Apr 18, 2016. The way you worded it, I thought you were referring to something legit.

Rumors at the deadline they wanted him.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/116269/20160413/nba-free-agency-la-lakers-pursue-al-horford-hassan-whiteside.htm
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject:

200 million dollar contracts, damn. All the dudes who played back in the day must be pissed.

I think Durant does the one year deal with player option thing and stays with OKC.

If the Warriors go after KD we might be able to snag Barnes or Ezeli from them for those interested. Tbh, the more I see Barnes the less I like him.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
Even if KD comes here with Whiteside we will be 2-3 years away from being contenders. Wouldn't mind if we ended up getting no one really and get a bunch of good role players and allow the young guys to get better and get he playing time they need. We should replicate the OKC model and let these young guns run with it. Maybe 35-38 wins next year. Maybe 52 and 8th seed the following. And maybe 60 wins 3 years out and become contenders?

So you're fine with continuing to suck? Geez when did we became the Sixers?

FIRE MITCH
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
epak wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
epak wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Horford
Randle
Durant
Ingram
Russel

Clarkson
Nance Jr.
Brown

Did you read that on LG?
Or on a media outlet?

http://en.yibada.com/articles/116269/20160413/nba-free-agency-la-lakers-pursue-al-horford-hassan-whiteside.htm

I appreciate the links. But you're making my brain hurt, cuz I'm actually reading these articles that are SOOOOOO bad and inaccurate.

Your yibada link says this:

Quote:
The Lakers actually considered trading for him as in this report from Lake Show Life but it was not known how far those rumored talks actually reached.

Which Lake Show Life link? This one: http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/02/01/nba-trade-rumors-lakers-hawks-al-horford/

You know what the title of the article is? "NBA Trade Rumors: Should Lakers Pursue Al Horford?" And does it say that the Lakers almost traded for Horford? No. This is what it said.

Quote:
Considering the assumed interest of the Lakers in Horford as a free agent in 2016 and now the fact that he could be available at the Trade Deadline, you have to wonder if the Lakers would go from sellers to buyers and try to go after Horford before he ever hits free agency.

And then

Quote:
Operating under the premise that the Lakers are interested in Horford as a free agent...

Again. Nothing legit. My brain!!!
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Oops I forgot to do today's FA post about internationals. Just a quick list then off the top of my head:

-Anthony Randolph
-Ekpe Udoh
-Gustavo Ayon
-Jan Vesely
-Mouhammadou Jaiteh
-Nick Calathes
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
epak wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
epak wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:

Horford
Randle
Durant
Ingram
Russel

Clarkson
Nance Jr.
Brown

Did you read that on LG?
Or on a media outlet?

I appreciate the links. But you're making my brain hurt, cuz I'm actually reading these articles that are SOOOOOO bad and inaccurate.

Your yibada link says this:

Quote:
The Lakers actually considered trading for him as in this report from Lake Show Life but it was not known how far those rumored talks actually reached.

Which Lake Show Life link? This one: http://lakeshowlife.com/2016/02/01/nba-trade-rumors-lakers-hawks-al-horford/

You know what the title of the article is? "NBA Trade Rumors: Should Lakers Pursue Al Horford?" And does it say that the Lakers almost traded for Horford? No. This is what it said.

Quote:
Considering the assumed interest of the Lakers in Horford as a free agent in 2016 and now the fact that he could be available at the Trade Deadline, you have to wonder if the Lakers would go from sellers to buyers and try to go after Horford before he ever hits free agency.

And then

Quote:
Operating under the premise that the Lakers are interested in Horford as a free agent...

Again. Nothing legit. My brain!!!

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject:

^ haha. I knew you were doing this on purpose!
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Oliver Reed wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
If we trade Lou for a future 1st and trade #32 with Young for nothing in return how much cap space would we have?

Would we have enough to get KD, Horford, and Whiteside?

They are estimated at having they most cap at 64.1 million. If they trade both for nothing coming back, that killed another 12.4 million, which puts them at 76.5 million. Cap hold for Clarkson? Am I right on that? for about 7-8 million? Someone confirm that. So they should have enough. My guess is if Durant does come, he will sign a 1-1 still and wait for next year to truly max out.

Your figures miss some minimum and draft pick cap holds.

We can't really know until the new league year sets the cap. My guess is, if Durant says he will come and wants two more max guys, Im sure the lakers can figure it out.

We won't know what the actual cap is, but we will know that you have to include minimum roster holds and the roster hold for the number 2 pick, and we do know what those are.

On top of that max is a percentage of the salary cap. So if the salary cap is higher than projected, so are the maxes. Taking KD, Horford, and Whiteside as examples their combined maxes would account for basically 80% of the cap (30%+30%+25% multiplied by a CBA fudge-factor). So for each million-dollar increase in the cap, you are only gaining an additional 200K of cap-space.

In summary, short of the cap hitting 95 million, someone takes a pay-cut (although slight to be honest - we're talking less than 1 million each) or one of DLO/#2/Randle/JC has to go. And even at 95 million, they'd have to dump Nance, Black, and Brown.

Last edited by gng930 on Tue May 31, 2016 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject:

If KD comes it won't be alone. If you go hog wild and say KD and Horford, you still have $10M in cap, a very movable salary in Lou and assets galore to bring in another major player. Say you move Lou for cap room and convince Wade to make a couple more runs at a ring. Sounds crazy, but that what makes KD the seminal piece. Guys will find a way to LA if they see a contender.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
miamichico305 wrote:
32 wrote:
Would you trade Russell, #2 pick, Young and Williams to Indiana for Paul George and George Hill?

I would if thats who Durant wants to play with.

George and Durant play the same position. SF.

George started off his career playing mostly SG with Granger at SF. It wasn't until Granger got hurt and Lance emerged that George started at SF regularly.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
Oops I forgot to do today's FA post about internationals. Just a quick list then off the top of my head:

-Anthony Randolph
-Ekpe Udoh
-Gustavo Ayon
-
Quote:
Jan Vesely

-Mouhammadou Jaiteh
-Nick Calathes

Ekpe Udoh[ and Jan Vesely looked great this seaon. They could be the cheap options incase we can't land our targets.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Jackobe wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Yong wrote:
Interesting how we are proposing trades like two 2nd picks for Paul George,

when in the past it used to be Kwame + trash + late teens pick + 2nd round nobody for PAU BIG MAN ALL STAR SUPER SKILLED GASTRONG

how the nba has changed ....

Come on man, you can't compare every trade to the best highway robbery in sports.

Marc for Pau ain't highway robbery.

It was highway robbery. We got a Hall of Famer for trash and 2nd rounders.

It wasn't highway robbery. It was an opportunity. Memphis wanted cap space to pay their young guys and cheap youth. One turned out to be a dpoy. They got what they wanted.

Hall of Famer for trash. Highway robbery.

Hall of Famer for Hall of Famer.

Marc Gasol Hall of Famer....

Marc Gasol trash
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:49 pm    Post subject:

This should be our #1 target of the summer:

Last edited by epak on Tue May 31, 2016 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
point-guard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject:

damn that 50m is too good to be pass up imo. If i was durant 1+ 1 in okc, then max in okc, try tk win but if i dong, throw up a fuss and ask to be traded.

everything is forgiven when you win..
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject:

There's basically a scenario where KD could come here with Horford in free agency, and then you could trade the #2 pick, Randle, and Lou for an All-Star type that is making about $17MM next season, and that would leave you with roughly $12MM-13MM or so in salary cap space still (if you stretched Nick), and you could use that before you then finally re-signed Clarkson. (As for what All-Star types I'm talking about, guys like Harden, Cousins, PG, and Butler come to mind.) If you could swing that, you'd have to do it, right? Yes, the #2 and Randle are steep (and Lou would give the acquiring team another useful player, plus the $7MM in outgoing salary would be necessary to get a little more cap space), but I prefer that to trading Russell and the #2 pick, or even Russell and Randle, because if you got Durant, the need for a wing lessens. (I assume that we would take Ingram at 2 if we kept the pick.) But if moving Russell could net you Durant, I suppose you'd have to probably do it. I just don't want to give up both the #2 pick and Russell if I can at all avoid it.

I wonder if a package of the #2 pick/Randle/Lou (as the basic framework; maybe filler like Brown and/or the #32 pick could be added) would be able to net any of those All-Star types I mentioned. If it was able to net one of those guys, and you could present that type of vision to Durant, that's a pretty darned good team IMO. He would still have to be tired of the OKC dynamic to leave for us, but you never know...maybe he is.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject:

I'd be very reluctant to throw in Randle for Butler. Horford and Nance don't have the greatest health history and you simply need more depth. Although Randle doesn't have a great history of health either and it doesn't address the depth issue, from a talent standpoint, the most I'd give for Butler is #2 and Nance. I'd give up #2 and Randle for PG though. I like that both are solid defenders.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:14 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
I'd be very reluctant to throw in Randle for Butler. Horford and Nance don't have the greatest health history and you simply need more depth. Although Randle doesn't have a great history of health either and it doesn't address the depth issue, from a talent standpoint, the most I'd give for Butler is #2 and Nance. I'd give up #2 and Randle for PG though. I like that both are solid defenders.

In a vacuum, I get that, but if landing Butler and parting with Randle gets you Durant (and Horford), I just don't see how you can pass that up. You're really going to draw the line with Randle if you get Durant, Butler, and Horford in the fold going forward? You're instantly back with such a team, and it would be so much easier to get players moving forward. And you would still have Russell, a guy I think is going to be really good really soon. No, the depth isn't amazing, but you could add to it since you'd still have some cap space left over in that scenario. I just don't think you could say no to that. And Butler is my least favorite player of those 4 to get, I can agree with you there. But he'd still be a great get because he can guard the other team's best perimeter player.
perrdan86
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject:

Hey i have seen a lot of talk KD might do a 1 + 1 and stay at OKC.
Was just wondering, if Lakers do score a meeting with him, if they offered KD to do a 1 + 1 with them, how much less $$ would he make after that short deal with the lakers compared to the $200m or so hed get from doing it with OKC?
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:01 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
This should be our #1 target of the summer:

I agree wholeheartedly. He should be the number 1 priority. Everything else will fall in place once we get him

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject:

perrdan86 wrote:
Hey i have seen a lot of talk KD might do a 1 + 1 and stay at OKC.
Was just wondering, if Lakers do score a meeting with him, if they offered KD to do a 1 + 1 with them, how much less $$ would he make after that short deal with the lakers compared to the $200m or so hed get from doing it with OKC?

Since OKC would still have his full Bird Rights even after doing a 1+1, they could give him a 5 year deal where next year's max salary starts at that $35MM-ish figure or so, and then he'd get 7.5% raises in the subsequent 4 years, and it would all come out to about $200MM over 5 years. If he signed a 1+1 with the Lakers, we could also give him his $35MM-ish max next summer, but we could only offer him 4 years instead of 5, and we could only offer him 4.5% raises in the 3 subsequent years instead of 7.5% raises, because we would not have Bird Rights on him. So a 4-year deal (after the 1+1) with the Lakers would net him approximately $150MM. OKC's 5-year deal would net him about $200MM, so he would theoretically be leaving $50MM on the table. He would definitely have an opt-out clause before the 4th year anyway, but since he has had a troublesome foot history in terms of injuries, who knows how much that extra $50MM in guaranteed money could enter into his mind.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:39 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
gng930 wrote:

In a vacuum, I get that, but if landing Butler and parting with Randle gets you Durant (and Horford), I just don't see how you can pass that up. You're really going to draw the line with Randle if you get Durant, Butler, and Horford in the fold going forward? You're instantly back with such a team, and it would be so much easier to get players moving forward. And you would still have Russell, a guy I think is going to be really good really soon. No, the depth isn't amazing, but you could add to it since you'd still have some cap space left over in that scenario. I just don't think you could say no to that. And Butler is my least favorite player of those 4 to get, I can agree with you there. But he'd still be a great get because he can guard the other team's best perimeter player.

You're probably right that you need to do that deal but with a heavy heart. Maybe insist on getting another asset back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1335, 1336, 1337 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next
Page 1336 of 2684
Jump to: