OFFICIAL 2016 FREE AGENCY (PINCUS states 2017-18 salary cap falling to $102m; Lakers get Calderon, pg.2432; sign Deng 4 yr/$72M; Mozgov 4 yr/$64M; Tarik Black 2 yr/$12.85M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1580, 1581, 1582 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad KD is all upfront about his preferences. We were never getting him, it was incredibly obvious and I hope it is to everyone who held out to hope before.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
GS wouldn't have to dump Iggy. Would just have to dump Bogut/Livingston and no QO for H.Barnes

KD-26.4
Klay 16.6
Green 15.3
Steph 12
Iggy 11.1M
Ezeli 5
Looney 1.2M
McAdoo 1.2
Clark 1.2
D.James 0.9
Clark 0.9
2 cap holds 1.1M
Thompson (stretched) 0.9M

Would put them right at 94M

Ezeli/James
Green/McAdoo
KD/Looney
Klay/Iggy
Steph/Clark

There's no way they can keep Ezeli.

The catch 22 for GSW is .... getting Durant is huge BUT it blows up one of their biggest strengths... DEPTH

Well, considering they just lost to a team with 3 stars and average/below average depth, I'd strongly consider it
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Durant is doing the Lakers a favor and I respect him even more for that. He sees that were rebuilding and got a young core that needs time. Now we can go after Whiteside.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
GS wouldn't have to dump Iggy. Would just have to dump Bogut/Livingston and no QO for H.Barnes

KD-26.4
Klay 16.6
Green 15.3
Steph 12
Iggy 11.1M
Ezeli 5
Looney 1.2M
McAdoo 1.2
Clark 1.2
D.James 0.9
Clark 0.9
2 cap holds 1.1M

Ezeli/James
Green/McAdoo
KD/Looney
Klay/Iggy
Steph/Clark

The catch 22 for GSW is .... getting Durant is huge BUT it blows up one of their biggest strengths... DEPTH

Well, considering they just lost to a team with 3 stars and average/below average depth, I'd strongly consider it

I hope Laker management can help GSW. Trading some future 2nd rd pick or Nick Young for both Bogut and Iggy would be great. That's $22M in expiring contracts for next summer.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

KD-26.4
Klay 16.6
Green 15.3
Steph 12
Iggy 11.1M
Ezeli 5
Looney 1.2M
McAdoo 1.2
Clark 1.2
D.James 0.9
Clark 0.9
2 cap holds 1.1M

Ezeli/James
Green/McAdoo
KD/Looney
Klay/Iggy
Steph/Clark

I hope Laker management can help GSW. Trading some future 2nd rd pick or Nick Young for both Bogut and Iggy would be great. That's $22M in expiring contracts for next summer.

Yep, let's do them a solid and take those two guys off their hands. Won't even charge 'em anything
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

KD-26.4
Klay 16.6
Green 15.3
Steph 12
Iggy 11.1M
Ezeli 5
Looney 1.2M
McAdoo 1.2
Clark 1.2
D.James 0.9
Clark 0.9
2 cap holds 1.1M

Ezeli/James
Green/McAdoo
KD/Looney
Klay/Iggy
Steph/Clark

5M would be Ezeli QO. How much depth do you need with Green/KD/KLay/Steph and Iggy off the bench?
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Durant is signing here and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even meet with us. He's trying to win right now and we have a team full of youngsters.

I really don't like Chandler Parsons. I've always felt he takes shots at the Lakers here and there. i also hated when he signed with Dallas and then whined when the Rockets didn't match the offer. Kind of a douche, imo and glass knees. On the court he is a perfect fit in theory. I don't think he'll sign here either.

The Rockets took a couple of bigs in the draft and I wonder if we can snag Donatas Motiejunas. He can give us a look we don't have right now because he's a big that can shoot and probably won't cost a huge amount of money. If he's over his back issues it could be a nice under the radar signing. He can split the C position with Black, Zubac and Randle.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

KD-26.4
Klay 16.6
Green 15.3
Steph 12
Iggy 11.1M
Ezeli 5
Looney 1.2M
McAdoo 1.2
Clark 1.2
D.James 0.9
Clark 0.9
2 cap holds 1.1M

Ezeli/James
Green/McAdoo
KD/Looney
Klay/Iggy
Steph/Clark

5M would be Ezeli QO. How much depth do you need with Green/KD/KLay/Steph and Iggy off the bench?

You realize QO means nothing right? Ezeli can get a $10-20M offer from some team, sign the offer sheet and GSW has the right to match.

QO = RFA
#Avatar-gate
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

People overreacting already because of one report.

I know it's a longshot for us to get KD, but that doesn't mean he won't even meet with us.

Did you guys even read past the headline of the article?

Quote:
Sources told ESPN that the list of teams that get to pitch Durant directly will grow before NBA free agency officially commences July 1 at 12:01 a.m. ET, but the list of confirmed suitors for now features the Thunder and their two main rivals in the Western Conference.

Last edited by Batguano on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
Let us move quickly and decisively to attainable free agents.
Yep. It's the best way.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Durant is doing the Lakers a favor and I respect him even more for that. He sees that were rebuilding and got a young core that needs time. Now we can go after Whiteside.

I highly doubt KD gives a rats ass. And he sure as hell didn't put out a list simply to be nice and save us the trouble
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Chandler Parsons, Al Horford and a 1 year big deal to a guy like C.Lee would set us up pretty nice

Horford/Black/Zubac
Randle/Nance
Parsons/Ingram
C.Lee/Brown
Russell/JC
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

I'm torn on Whiteside .... he'll definitely help improve our defense just by being a rebounding monster along with Randle. Opp's offensive rebounding will be like last in the league against us.

My fear is will $100M make the guy lazy.

This is why I would actually trade for Bogut to be a good steady presence or even resign Brandon Bass to be the backup C.
#Avatar-gate
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I'm torn on Whiteside .... he'll definitely help improve our defense just by being a rebounding monster along with Randle. Opp's offensive rebounding will be like last in the league against us.

This is why I would actually trade for Bogut to be a good steady presence or even resign Brandon Bass to be the backup C.
He has a chip on his shoulder. He takes pride playing defense so I don't see him going Bynum on us. Bogut is already breaking down.

Last edited by Dave20 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject:

If true.

Negative - shows how far we have fallen. Up until last summer even all the all star free agents were taking meetings with us.

Positive - this allows Lakers to become more aggressive with DeRozan and a Center. A good Center and DD will cost the Lakers up to 50 million of their capspace. They may as well max offer the best Cs and DeRozan on day 1, hour 1.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kooper 21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

KD-26.4
Klay 16.6
Green 15.3
Steph 12
Iggy 11.1M
Ezeli 5
Looney 1.2M
McAdoo 1.2
Clark 1.2
D.James 0.9
Clark 0.9
2 cap holds 1.1M

Ezeli/James
Green/McAdoo
KD/Looney
Klay/Iggy
Steph/Clark

Wow, outside of their big 3 and Iggy, they are garbage. What happens when Curry gets into foul trouble or Iggys back problems reoccur. They will be like the 2004 Lakers with Madvedenko and Devean George coming off the bench.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Chandler Parsons, Al Horford and a 1 year big deal to a guy like C.Lee would set us up pretty nice

Horford/Black/Zubac
Randle/Nance
Parsons/Ingram
C.Lee/Brown
Russell/JC

Courtney Lee is not taking some 1 yr deal. He's going to land his first ever big contract around $40-60M over 4 yrs. No way he'd pass that up.
#Avatar-gate
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

He has a chip on his shoulder. He takes pride playing defense so I don't see him going Bynum on us. Bogut is already breaking down.

Sure but Bogut is an expiring $11M contract, something we need to plan for to make another FA run in summer of 2017.
#Avatar-gate
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

When you have a Big 4 like Steph/KD/Klay/Green, arguably the best in history, of course you wont have the deepest team. They would need to sign a vet guard and big off the bench. David West and Mo Williams or Mario Chalmers (Ty Lawson, Felton, Augustin)

Also McAdoo, Looney,Clark, their draft picks McCaw and James can all be solid parts
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Sure but Bogut is an expiring $11M contract, something we need to plan for to make another FA run in summer of 2017.
Whiteside is the better player. It's a good investment imo.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I probably could have worded it better. I meant if you sign Whiteside, I wouldn't mind trading for Bogut or bringing back Bass to back him up.
#Avatar-gate
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I probably could have worded it better. I meant if you sign Whiteside, I wouldn't mind trading for Bogut or bringing back Bass to back him up.
I like Bass as a backup if we can get Whiteside. Not interested in Bogut.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
KOBEDAONE wrote:
2014 LEBRON JAMES SWEEPSTAKES...GOT SHOTDOWN...DID NOT SIGN WITH THE LAKERS...
2015 CARMELO ANTHONY SWEEPSTAKES...GOT SHOTDOWN...DID NOT SIGN WITH LAKERS...
2016 Kevin Durant WILL NOT SIGN WITH LAKERS...

2017 WHO WILL BE NEXT PLAYER TO SHOT US DOWN?

This is getting frustrating...We can't use Kobe as an excuse now...TOP FREE AGENT do not want to sign with us...

The reason you're frustrated is because you've bought into this illusion that the best players in the NBA flock to the Lakers. The illusion and image that they used to do this back in the day. LOL! There has only been 1 freaking top player in the league that walked to us in my 30+ yrs of following the Lakers, and that was 96 Shaquille O'neal, and even still, that was because our team was on the brink with 50+ win seasons, and so we were attractive.

So if you want to keep on being frustrated then keep on believing that the best players used to come to us even when we're bad.

This post should be stickied.

Honestly, we have nothing to show to a gu of KD's talent who has an impossible choice to leave for a team already on the cusp of winning... do people think think he's going to want to come to LA to babysit?

We're rebuilding from the ground up. We have to understand that guys like KD are not going to look over here and like what they see. Hell, if we had Minny's roster that wouldn't change.

The good news is Miami is going to be waiting on KD which puts Whiteside in play (as we all expected). Teams will be waiting for KD while Horford could get snatched up. And if KD does leave, that puts Westbrook at the top of the list for us.
Kooper 21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers should follow the Cavs. Cavs have two great offensive players Kyrie and Lebron and a great defensive big in Tristan. Then you add a gunner like JR Smith and a stretch 4 like Love.

Lakers have D Russ and Ingram to handle the scoring load. Clarkson to be the gunner. They just need a stretch 4 and a big man defender. Whiteside or Biyombo should be the targets for the big man. Then sign Harrison Barnes and hopefully Ingram can gain weight and grow 1 more inch and be the stretch 4. This team is long, athletic, and will be young enough to grow together and still have a good 4-5 years of a prime Whiteside at ages 30-34 when Ingram and D Russ reach Kyri Irvings age of 23.

Whiteside
Ingram
Barnes
Clarkson
D Russ
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
People overreacting already because of one report.

I know it's a longshot for us to get KD, but that doesn't mean he won't even meet with us.

Did you guys even read past the headline of the article?

Quote:
Sources told ESPN that the list of teams that get to pitch Durant directly will grow before NBA free agency officially commences July 1 at 12:01 a.m. ET, but the list of confirmed suitors for now features the Thunder and their two main rivals in the Western Conference.

I think the one thing we can be sure of is that most people will misinterpret this "news" because they don't read past the headline. It's just a lot easier on the brain to do less actual reading and jump to conclusions faster.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1580, 1581, 1582 ... 2682, 2683, 2684  Next
Page 1581 of 2684
Jump to: