OFFICIAL 2016 FREE AGENCY (PINCUS states 2017-18 salary cap falling to $102m; Lakers get Calderon, pg.2432; sign Deng 4 yr/$72M; Mozgov 4 yr/$64M; Tarik Black 2 yr/$12.85M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 2682, 2683, 2684  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject:

When was the last time the Inquisitr got first dibs on a groundbreaking story in sports? Never, right? Welp, there ya go.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I would like to see how Young does with a respected coach, he's been coached by a few terrible coaches and despite being productive under MDA he's never had a chance to make Impact cause the coaching and roster was piss-poor.

FYI: This roster is so young that it's nothing to write home about either.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I would like to see how Young does with a respected coach, he's been coached by a few terrible coaches and despite being productive under MDA he's never had a chance to make Impact cause the coaching and roster was piss-poor.

FYI: This roster is so young that it's nothing to write home about either.

Yeah but it's a given the chemistry and identity will be a lot better then the Lakers teams we saw the last 4 years. Maybe Young can make a difference with a team who actually has actual players and not D-League talent.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Philly going into media day with one of their key players feeling disrespected: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20160926_Nerlens_Noel__Sixers_situation__doesn_t_make_any_sense_.html

I love how they pretend to value him by denying the trade rumors. Everyone knows they are using him as the insurance policy for a possible Embiid injury. Noel knows he's just a trade chip to them and nothing more.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Philly going into media day with one of their key players feeling disrespected: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20160926_Nerlens_Noel__Sixers_situation__doesn_t_make_any_sense_.html

I love how they pretend to value him by denying the trade rumors. Everyone knows they are using him as the insurance policy for a possible Embiid injury. Noel knows he's just a trade chip to them and nothing more.

I would do Clarkson for Noel, if Philly is down.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Of course they would be, that is why it is such a bad idea.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

But you can argue that trading small for a big can sometimes work out. Clarkson is a good player, but Noel will Improve on a lot of our weaknesses, but if you don't think so then I'm not gonna continue to debate.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Would have loved having Noel as our starting C if we wouldn't have had to give up any of our core...Which Philly would have never went for. As I have been saying since around the draft, it will be interesting to see what they can get for Noel or Okafor when they finally do trade one of them.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Yi, Lou and Young for Noel

your move Philly

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Would have loved having Noel as our starting C if we wouldn't have had to give up any of our core...Which Philly would have never went for. As I have been saying since around the draft, it will be interesting to see what they can get for Noel or Okafor when they finally do trade one of them.

If Philly does trade, either Noel or Okafor... I'm guessing there gonna want a good SG.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Avery Bradley for Noel is one of the few trades that makes sense for both sides IMO.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

But you can argue that trading small for a big can sometimes work out. Clarkson is a good player, but Noel will Improve on a lot of our weaknesses, but if you don't think so then I'm not gonna continue to debate.

The last thing we need is another Center on the roster who can't space the floor.
People think Clarkson's defense is bad.
Imagine a world where you're expecting either Calderon, Huertas, or Lou to defend a starting guard every game. Wait, you don't have to. That happened last season with Lou.
My point is: at least Clarkson has the size and athleticism to guard starting guards in the league, even though he lacks technique. The other guys I named at the guard position don't have either.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

The last thing we need is another Center on the roster who can't space the floor.
Imagine a world where you're expecting either Calderon, Huertas, or Lou to defend a starting guard every game. At least Clarkson has size and athleticism.

You bring up a good point. Clarkson does serve valuable on the Lakers, but sometimes you make trades even if it makes your roster weaker.

I do think Philly is eventually gonna trade one of there bigs to Boston.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Clarkson has a way better contract than Noel's inevitable future max and is an integral part of the team chemistry.

Also, some may scream sunk cost, but like it or not we already have $64M invested in Mozgov. Adding another $100M or whatever Noel is going to make for our center corps? Gods no.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject:

Who are the biggest names for next offseason? I guess If we are at least in the top 11-12 in the west (not in bottom 3 of west), that can be seen as decent progress and someone might be enticed to join for max money
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Avery Bradley for Noel is one of the few trades that makes sense for both sides IMO.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Neither Boston nor Philly want to start handing out deals to their prospects yet. That's more the reason both Noel and Olynyk have been in trade rumors. Boston won't want the incumrance of Noel's extension.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Nets have officially signed Budinger, the team announced today in a press release.

The Nets have added another veteran player to their roster, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, who reports (via Twitter) that free agent forward Chase Budinger has reached an agreement with the team. Terms of the deal aren’t yet known.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
The Nets have officially signed Budinger, the team announced today in a press release.

The Nets have added another veteran player to their roster, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, who reports (via Twitter) that free agent forward Chase Budinger has reached an agreement with the team. Terms of the deal aren’t yet known.

I wonder why we didn't get go after him.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

easy to understand really: we just didn't value him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

easy to understand really: we just didn't value him.

Point taken.

I just wondered why the Lakers didn't go after a wing who can contribute and instead settled for a guy at the end tail of his career.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Imagine a world where you're expecting either Calderon, Huertas, or Lou to defend a starting guard every game. At least Clarkson has size and athleticism.

You bring up a good point. Clarkson does serve valuable on the Lakers, but sometimes you make trades even if it makes your roster weaker.

Yeah, a 7th center is exactly what we need.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Yeah, a 7th center is exactly what we need.

I'm not vying for a Noel trade and just speaking from a hypothetical perspective.

I know at the end Philly will most likely trade with Boston or New Orleans.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mo Williams To Retire
September 26th, 2016 at 12:26pm CST by Luke Adams
Five days ago, Mo Williams posted a tweet indicating he was returning to the NBA – and to the Cavaliers – for one more year. Apparently that’s no longer the case. According to Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.com (via Twitter), Cavs GM David Griffin announced today that Williams’ agent informed him of his client’s decision to retire.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Mo Williams To Retire
September 26th, 2016 at 12:26pm CST by Luke Adams
Five days ago, Mo Williams posted a tweet indicating he was returning to the NBA – and to the Cavaliers – for one more year. Apparently that’s no longer the case. According to Sam Amico of AmicoHoops.com (via Twitter), Cavs GM David Griffin announced today that Williams’ agent informed him of his client’s decision to retire.

He's only 33, why not take the Amare route and play in Isarel or China like Nate Robinson?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 2682, 2683, 2684  Next
Page 2683 of 2684
Jump to: