Trade ideas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wags_16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Trade ideas

I believe the trade deadline is at the end of the month. Does anyone see the Lakers making a move trying to possibly move Lamar Odom or maybe Kwame Brown? I'm still pretty impatient with the way Odom has been playing and would actually rather see him moved than Brown. Brown is struggling on the offensive end of things but I like his play on the defensive side. I just don't see Odom coming along. He's supposed to be the No. 2 guy, but he's still making struggling to learn the triangle. So who's out on the trade market. Here's a few names and some comments.

Al Harrington, Hawks -- PF/C, SF type of guy that could play three positions. The only problem is it would just be a trade for this season because he's a free agent this summer, but I have a feeling Atlanta will try and get something for him before the trade deadline.

Kenyon Martin, Nuggets -- PF, We've seen what this guy could do. The Nuggets are regretting signing him to such a big deal, doubtful if any teams would take on his contract.

Tim Thomas, Bulls --SF, The Bulls are trying to move this guy but aren't finding many takers with his contract. Another Isiah Thomas over-priced signing.

Jalen Rose, Raptors -- SF, Another big contract Toronto is shopping, but probably won't get off their hands.

Kenny Thomas, Kings -- PF/SF, I think now that they have Artest, they might stand put and hold on to this guy instead of cutting their pay roll. I've always liked this guy's game. He can board, but I don't think the Kings would deal him to a division rival.

Reggie Evans, Sonics -- PF, He's a good contract that people would willing to take on, but he's rebounding and defense only.

Tyson Chandler, Bulls, -- C, The way the Bulls a are heading they might try to unload this guy but probably won't find many takers with his $60 million contract.

Chris Wilcox, Clippers, -- PF, Rumor had they were going to use this guy to get Artest. Has a great contract and has proving he put good rebounding numbers when he gets the minutes, but doubtful that the Clippers would trade him to a Western Conference team.

Out of all these guys Harrington for run this season seems the most appealing. Getting Kenny Thomas or Chris Wilcox would probably be wishful thing at this point. Anybody else have realistic trade ideas?
SirRunnethOfSoCal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I'd be ecstatic if we got Chris Wilcox.
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:

you think artest will come to LA? after this season hes a free agent
SirRunnethOfSoCal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:
you think artest will come to LA? after this season hes a free agent

I think it's after next season is when Artest becomes a free agent.
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:

^^ oh damn!
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Odom to hometown Knicks for Mo taylor, and combo of Lee, Ariza, Woods, or Robinson. Works for '07 plan and Taylor is actually perfect for triangle (offensively he's Boozer w/out the contract). Next year is his contract year so he might actually try on defense. If he doesn't we still have Cook and Turiaf at PF.
themaster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Id like to see the Lakers get Harrington at the deadline
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Smel Counts wrote:
Odom to hometown Knicks for Mo taylor, and combo of Lee, Ariza, Woods, or Robinson. Works for '07 plan and Taylor is actually perfect for triangle (offensively he's Boozer w/out the contract). Next year is his contract year so he might actually try on defense. If he doesn't we still have Cook and Turiaf at PF.

i like your thinking, but "try" and "defense" are two words that can never be used in the same sentence with Mo Taylor.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade ideas

Wags_16 wrote:
Al Harrington, Hawks -- PF/C, SF type of guy that could play three positions. The only problem is it would just be a trade for this season because he's a free agent this summer, but I have a feeling Atlanta will try and get something for him before the trade deadline.

Three positions is a stretch. Harrington at C is a damn joke.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, this is a good example of what the Lakers are facing. While these guys are all decent nominations, they are all severely flawed. Honestly, I wouldn't trade Odom for any of them.

Harrington is solid, but really he's a tweener kinda similar to Odom without the passing skills. Harrington should be putting up much bigger numbers on his crappy team right now, but I think he's about fulfilled his potential and he's not to Odom's level.

Martin is an injury waiting to happen and an overpaid blowhard without a real offensive game.

I like Thomas and Wilcox a lot - since they've got Shareef, maybe Sac will look to shed contracts, but you're right, they won't want him in the same division.

Tim Thomas/Mo Taylor/Chandler - Good god, please no.

Looking at these options, you start to realize just how tough Mitch's job is...
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

If everything else fails, there is always the idea of trading Luke Walton for two cases of Gatorade!
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject:

R.Lewis?
the dreaded Boozer?
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind an Odom for Chandler/Duhon deal (I think adding Slava and Pike makes this trade work financially). We would lose some offense, but would be a stellar defensive team!

I also like Odom to NY for Frye/Robinson if we could pull that off. I think Brown would love to have Odom, and Thomas is just dumb enough to go for this, especially if we throw in the Miami pick. Downside here, of course, is that these guys are young...

I don't think I do the trade for Harrington, though I would trade for Joe Johnson despite his horrible contract (he's still a better deal than Odom right now).

No way do I want to see us get Boozer, especially if it is for Odom. His scoring and rebounding is about the same as Lamar's, I've never heard him described as a great defender, and he certainly can't facilitate... add to the fact that he is a selfish ass, and you can see why I wouldn't want him.

Rashard Lewis? I'd probably pass. Don't know...

Paul Pierce? I'd s%$t my pants if Mitch could pull that one off.

KG?

datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Trade Lamar Odom and Never Look Back.....

Dude is Perennial Loser and is struggling on BOTH the offensive and defensive end.

TWO trade scenarios......

Lakers Trade Lamar Odom, Slava Medvedenko and Bobcats 2nd Round Pick to Memphis Grizzlies for Shane Battier, Lorenzen Wright, Hakim Warrick and a First Round Pick.

OR

Lakers Trade Lamar Odom, Slava Medvedenko and 2nd Round Pick to Raptors for Mike James, Morris Peterson, Eric Williams and First Round Pick.

Memphis - Acquire talented young forward to play with Gasol and they would be a dominate rebounding team. Wright is a free agent, Battier is a tad bit overpaid and Hakim Warrick is a project. Acquiring a player like odom who complements Gasol nicely would be a long stride in challenging in the playoffs.

Toronto - Mike James and Mo Pete are both up for Free Agency within the next two years. Eric Williams is a malcontent. They will have alot of cash to spend on free agents, but would a player of the caliber of lamar odom even want to go to Toronto. Or do they resign Mike James, Mo Pete to big money deals and continue their sorry ways. Easy decision. In two years they would have the best Front Court in the NBA Bosh, Villanueva and Odom.

Lakers - Stretch Talent, Stretch Ability, Stretch Defense, Stretch Scoring Ability. Add for the future with First Round Selections.

Roster Trade One

Chris Mihm/Lorenzen Wright/Andrew Bynum
Kwame Brown/Brian Cook/Ronny Turiaf/Hakim Warrick
Shane Battier/Devean George/Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant/Von Wafer
Sasha Vuajacic/Smush Parker

Roster Trade Two

Chris Mihm/Andrew Bynum
Kwame Brown/Brian Cook/Ronny Turiaf
Morris Peterson/Devean George/Eric Williams/Luke Walton
Kobe Bryant/Sasha Vuajcic/Von Wafter
Mike James/Smush Parker

Lakers would be better getting rid of Lamar and adding some more solid role players around Kobe.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Odom, Slava, Sasha, Walton to the NY Knicks for Ariza, Marbury, Penny Hardaway.

Throw in Brian Cook if Isaiah stops sexually harrassing women in the Knicks offices long enough to grind us on the deal.
B-Scott
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

if the Lakers really wanted to take advantage of Kobe's prime and win now. They could have traded both Bynum and Lamar and had a 55 win team for the next couple of yrs,while kobe was still in his prime.

1. Bynum George Slava for Jeff foster Ron artest

2. Lamar for Shane battier Eddie jones

OR

3 Lamar for Michael pietrus and Troy murphy

4 Lamar for paul pierce.

C Mihm/Kwame
PF Jeff foster/turiaff/cook
SF Shane battier/george
G Artest/Eddie jones
G Kobe/smush

C Jeff foster
PF Troy murphy
SF Michael pietrus
G Artest
G Kobe

C Mihm
PF Jeff foster
SF Paul pierce
G Artest
G Kobe
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Lanny,

Marbury has a radiactive personality AND a radioactive contract.

Penny's name matches his output and the amount of game he has left.

Larry Brown recently called Ariza "delusional."

Let them all stay in New York and serve as kindling for Isaiah's self-immolation.

SGH
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject:

B-Scott wrote:
if the Lakers really wanted to take advantage of Kobe's prime and win now. They could have traded both Bynum and Lamar and had a 55 win team for the next couple of yrs,while kobe was still in his prime.

1. Bynum George Slava for Jeff foster Ron artest

2. Lamar for Shane battier Eddie jones

OR

3 Lamar for Michael pietrus and Troy murphy

4 Lamar for paul pierce.

C Mihm/Kwame
PF Jeff foster/turiaff/cook
SF Shane battier/george
G Artest/Eddie jones
G Kobe/smush

C Jeff foster
PF Troy murphy
SF Michael pietrus
G Artest
G Kobe

C Mihm
PF Jeff foster
SF Paul pierce
G Artest
G Kobe

GIVE IT UP WE'RE NOT TRADING BYNUM! ARTEST IS IN SAC TOWN GET OVER IT
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject:

How about we let Phil continue to develop the roster. play out the season (we have a very favorable 2nd half), get a little playoff experience, and make changes as necessary in the offseason.

Or, we could turn the roster over 3 times before the deadline, as all championship contenders do

Seriously, one of the statistical hallmarks of championship winners is that their core players have been together a few years.
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject:

phil +mitch+overrated odom+midseason=no trade
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject:

Just get Boris Diaw out of Phoenix.

SGH
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject:

datniggbstyle wrote:

Dude is Perennial Loser and is struggling on BOTH the offensive and defensive end.

Lakers Trade Lamar Odom, Slava Medvedenko and Bobcats 2nd Round Pick to Memphis Grizzlies for Shane Battier, Lorenzen Wright, Hakim Warrick and a First Round Pick.

OR

Lakers Trade Lamar Odom, Slava Medvedenko and 2nd Round Pick to Raptors for Mike James, Morris Peterson, Eric Williams and First Round Pick.

Memphis - Acquire talented young forward to play with Gasol and they would be a dominate rebounding team. Wright is a free agent, Battier is a tad bit overpaid and Hakim Warrick is a project. Acquiring a player like odom who complements Gasol nicely would be a long stride in challenging in the playoffs.

Toronto - Mike James and Mo Pete are both up for Free Agency within the next two years. Eric Williams is a malcontent. They will have alot of cash to spend on free agents, but would a player of the caliber of lamar odom even want to go to Toronto. Or do they resign Mike James, Mo Pete to big money deals and continue their sorry ways. Easy decision. In two years they would have the best Front Court in the NBA Bosh, Villanueva and Odom.

Lakers - Stretch Talent, Stretch Ability, Stretch Defense, Stretch Scoring Ability. Add for the future with First Round Selections.

Roster Trade One

Kobe Bryant/Von Wafer

Roster Trade Two

Chris Mihm/Andrew Bynum
Mike James/Smush Parker

Lakers would be better getting rid of Lamar and adding some more solid role players around Kobe.

Is LO Talented or a loser. You started by saying he is a loser, and you argued that he would be a talented player to play alongside Gasol.

But i love your scenarios, especially the one with memphis.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject:

SirRunnethOfSoCal wrote:
I'd be ecstatic if we got Chris Wilcox.

Why? Wilcox is the next coming of Stromile Swift. An average player with great physical talent who everyone splooges over and ends up being a role/bench player for a mediocre team.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Trade ideas

drzucchini wrote:
Wags_16 wrote:

Three positions is a stretch. Harrington at C is a damn joke.

Especially when Harrington JUST said yesterday that he wants to play SF, not PF and obviously not C.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject:

datniggbstyle wrote:

OR

Roster Trade One

Kobe Bryant/Von Wafer

Roster Trade Two

Chris Mihm/Andrew Bynum
Mike James/Smush Parker

That first trade is nice but that second trade absolutely STINKS. Pew!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: