Black Motorist Kills White Officer During Traffic Stop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Black Motorist Kills White Officer During Traffic Stop

Quote:
Police in Memphis identified a 29-year-old convicted bank robber as man who killed a city cop during a traffic stop on Saturday.

Police director Toney Armstrong told reporters that officer Sean Bolton apparently interrupted a drug deal and that after "some type of physical altercation," Bolton was shot and killed by a passenger in the car. Armstrong said police were searching for 29-year-old Tremaine Wilbourn and had issued a warrant for his arrest.

Wilbourn had been free on supervised release by the U.S. Western District Court for a 122-month sentence for bank robbery, Armstrong said. He now faces a first-degree murder charge.

Armstrong said the drug transaction in question amounted to "less than two grams of marijuana," which constituted "a misdemeanor citation and a fine."

Holding up a photo of Wilbourn, Armstrong said, “I think it’s safe to say that when you look at this individual, you’re looking at a coward. He’s a coward. You gun down, you murder a police officer for less than two grams of marijuana. You’ve literally destroyed a family. Look at the impact that that’s had on this department, this community, this city, for less than two grams of marijuana.”

Quote:
"Once again, we won't make any political statements here, but this again is evidence that there are so many guns on our streets in the wrong hands," Wharton said. "Men and women in blue have rules of engagement they have to follow, but … they are dealing with people who have no rules of engagement."

Bolton is the third Memphis officer to be fatally shot in slightly more than four years.

Arsewipe Murders Cop During Traffic Stop
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Reports are the driver and passenger took off after the shooting but the driver later turned himself in and was released.

Shooter will be going away for a long time with an eyewitness (the driver) who hopefully will testify.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject:

I hope they catch this guy and send him to prison for life without parole
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The emotional manhunt for a man suspected of fatally shooting a Memphis police officer ended Monday evening when the alleged killer surrendered to the U.S. Marshal's office, the Shelby, Tenn., sheriff's office announced.

Suspect Surrenders
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Condolences to the officer's family.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I grate at that use of coward, it seems to be the go-to word when this happens to police. It has nothing to do with either cowardice or bravery. The guy is a societal scum and/or arsewipe as Aussie said. What, did you expect any affirmative behaviour from him in the first place? If he decided not to shoot anyone else before surrendering, would they call it a brave decision? Hells no. Coward has nothin to do with it, to quote Clint Eastwood. You can be a coward in life for much less than shooting someone. Lieutenant Upham in Saving Ryan was a coward.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject:

Ronald Reagan's archaic war on drugs lives on.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
I grate at that use of coward, it seems to be the go-to word when this happens to police. It has nothing to do with either cowardice or bravery. The guy is a societal scum and/or arsewipe as Aussie said. What, did you expect any affirmative behaviour from him in the first place? If he decided not to shoot anyone else before surrendering, would they call it a brave decision? Hells no. Coward has nothin to do with it, to quote Clint Eastwood. You can be a coward in life for much less than shooting someone. Lieutenant Upham in Saving Ryan was a coward.

Coward & Hero are 2 of the most misused words in the English language, rivaling Love & Hate.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject:

kill em all
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: