Kobe Final Season - I'm excited and sad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject:

Honestly I think the rotator cuff injury that Kobe suffered might came from the circus shot vs Warriors. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go watch this:

Let's hope that this injury will fix his shoulder and shows us that he is Kobe Bryant.

Kobe Bryant will never disappoint the Lakers.
I repeat.
Kobe Bryant will NEVER disappoint the Lakers.
RoughneckPS3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I've been ready to move on from the old Kobe for several years now.

I want to either see a new Kobe, or no Kobe at all.

Me too.

Kobe is my second favorite player of all time (behind Dr. J). I've watched almost every game he's played in.

After this season it'll be time for the Lakers to move on. Nothing last forever.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Unless he becomes coach.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Honestly I wish he can be a role player to the Lakers and play until 2020, which means his playing years will match with his jersey number : 24.
By that time the Lakers will have prime Dlo, Clarkson and Randle, Kobe could win 2 more rings with them and retire with 7.
However I can't see Kobe playing till 41. ._.
slestack11
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I was a kid when the Lakers were on those 80's runs with Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Byron, and AC Green/Kurt Rambis, but when I was playing high school ball, it was the heart of the Jordan era. I will admit that I was obsessed with the Nike Air Jordan 3's and 4's and always tried to mimic Michael on the court where I could...baggy pants, stutter steps, etc...This is why I consider Kobe my favorite player of all time because he was the guy that I always wished the Lakers would get. A mirror of Michael, not just in ability, but in style. It's almost uncanny how he looked like Michael Jordan when he plays. Which is sad in a lot of ways because Kobe was always the future and now he's become the past.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:04 am    Post subject:

Ready or not, I will be sad when Kobe retires. I realize the circumstances Kobe and his contract has put the team in. I know the injuries he's endured these last few seasons just like the rest of you. I'm not cold-hearted enough to say I am ready to see him go like some folks do. Plain and simple, it will be a sad day to say goodbye to the greatness he has given us.
yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:22 am    Post subject:

Man, I even cried when I was playing a game in NBA 2K14 LeBron Path to Greatness where Kobe was playing his final game against LeBron and LeBron is going to surpass him as the youngest player to achieve a number of points (I forgot).
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject:

How will returning Kobe fit with development plans?
One of the biggest questions facing the Los Angeles Lakers this season is how
Quote:
Kobe Bryant will mesh with the team’s promising young players.

For instance, will the 37-year-old Bryant, who is entering his 20th season with the team, sit back and allow those young players to develop? Or will he try to take over?

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles-lakers/post/_/id/41799/how-will-returning-kobe-fit-with-development-plans
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Kobe enters season with more questions than answers
In Bryant's 20th -- and possibly final -- season, Lakers legend faces task of leading young, but talented roster

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/shaun_powell/09/28/lakers-media-day-kobe-bryant/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt6c

Quote:
Serena Winters: Kobe continuing on what his role will be: “My philosophy has always been, whatever you are asked to do, try to be the best at doing that. – via Twitter SerenaWinters
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: