Santa Ana police officers sue to quash video of pot shop raid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Santa Ana police officers sue to quash video of pot shop raid

Three Santa Ana police officers want to quash a surveillance video that shows officers making derogatory comments about a disabled woman and possibly snacking on pot edibles during a recent raid of a medical marijuana dispensary.

A lawsuit, filed last week in Orange County Superior Court by three unidentified police officers and the Santa Ana Police Officers Association, seeks to prevent Santa Ana Police Department internal affairs investigators from using the video as they sort out what happened during the May 26 raid of Sky High Collective.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-675722-officers-video.html
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

just another day at work!
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject:

Pot Raid? That still happens?
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject:

No officers have been terminated in connection with the ongoing internal affairs investigation, said Santa Ana police spokesman Cpl. Anthony Bertagna.

That comment about punching the woman in the wheelchair was absolutely disgusting and those two officers should be removed immediately just because of this
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject:

Marla is the one in the wheel chair.

They had her in the back room grilling her about where the money was. She said she did not know so they were really pissed at her.

It's all about them seizing assets
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
Marla is the one in the wheel chair.

They had her in the back room grilling her about where the money was. She said she did not know so they were really pissed at her.

It's all about them seizing assets

Wait a minute. So the dispensaries there are still letting people purchase with cash on premises? Prior to legalisation here, customers had to purchase "voucher tickets" that they took to the actual dispensary. They didn't keep the drugs and money at the same location.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

I have never been in a dispensary but my brother has and he pays with cash.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
I have never been in a dispensary but my brother has and he pays with cash.

Suuuureee you haven't. Your "brother" smokes and that's how you know.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject:

This was done before dispensaries were legal

It is the conduct of the "protectors of the peace"that is in question here if I understand the article correctly

One officer asked the female officer if she punched the lady who was on the wheelchair yet.. she replied that she was going to kick her in her amputated leg

I think they got their transcript wrong. it say he called her a "Benita" I think he said "pendeja"

@@@@@@“Did you punch that one-legged old Benita,” a male officer asks a female officer, apparently referring to the woman in the wheelchair.

“I was about to kick her in her (expletive) nub,” the female officer replies, according to subtitles with the video. @ @ @ @ @ @

They also ate some of the weed

Pretty creepy that the first thing they did was take down the cameras... BET THEY CASED THE PLACE FIRST...
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:12 pm    Post subject:

good to see our tax payer funding these pigs.

Love how they went after the cameras so they could get away with anything they wanted. Idiots couldn't even do that right.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Santa Ana police officers sue to quash video of pot shop raid

lakersfreak wrote:
Santa Ana

The great shame of Orange County

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Santa Ana police officers sue to quash video of pot shop raid

C M B wrote:
lakersfreak wrote:
Santa Ana

The great shame of Orange County

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

According to my friend who has been to tons of dispensaries, he has never seen a voucher system. What county is this voucher system in?

Its all cash donations. Any non profit charity like a weed shop can accept cash donations cant they?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
According to my friend who has been to tons of dispensaries, he has never seen a voucher system. What county is this voucher system in?

Its all cash donations. Any non profit charity like a weed shop can accept cash donations cant they?

The voucher/ticket system in King County WA, was specifically to keep the drugs and cash separated. You purchased the voucher/ticket with cash, and took it to the dispensary to pickup. That way if ever raided, the cash wasn't on premises with the drugs. Most of the Coupon/Tickets were purchased online through "Coupon" sites. Mind you, even though Marijuana just technically became legal in WA last year, the Mayor and Police Dept took it off the primary enforcement list back in the late 90's - so there hasn't been a threat of local law enforcement raids for a decade & a half. But one never knew when the Feds might get a bug up their arse.

Now that we have no more Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in Washington, everyone has to purchase through a retail outlet. The Medical Dispensaries were shut down in July because the state didn't want their competition since their prices were lower due to not being included in the taxation regime.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: