What will it take from Kobe for LA to get the 8th seed?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: What will it take from Kobe for LA to get the 8th seed?

19pts 6.5assts 5.5rebs 45%fg 32%3pt 65 games.

Basically play like he did after the all star break 2012-2013. If Kobe is playing we are going to ride and die with the ball in his hands. I just hope he lets go a little and put trust in these young guys.

Kobe is always going to be our main scorer if he is playing imo? Hopefully he will be the main facilitator then too, because the ball will be in his hands when he is playing.

Honestly I don't expect these numbers from Kobe, it is just not really his style? If he did play like this though it would be an amazing end to his career. Probably the only shot LA has at the 8th seed.

Best case scenario we get the eight, play GS in the first round, and steal a game, maybe two?

I know these are high hopes and probably unrealistic at this point, but I have to believe.

Clarkson 16pts/4rebs/4assts
Russell 12pts/5rebs/4ssts
Randle 14pts/8rebs/1assts

Probably put up 102pts a game and give up the same on average. Shoot 44% as a team and give no more then 45% to opponents. Basically have to improve on every level.

Most important thing is health, if they are not playing we have no shot as evidence of the last two seasons.

It's a slim chance, but I am just going to stay positive.

Only way Kobe has a chance at lasting 65 games is if he takes his foot off the gas pedal. He has to consciously take a step back. Can he do it? Idk, doubt it, but it sure would be fun to watch.

I remember games in 2012-2013 where he was putting up Magic type numbers. Come on Kobe! Silence the critics, defy the odds one last time!
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject:

I remember when howard was here and kobe carried us to the playoffs. The first few games he was killing it in elbow and in. He would hols the ball up and everyone would be moving fluently without it until he found them or scored. We need a 70% post player of kobe
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Kobe's enough, even if he were truly balling. We have so many young players on this squad that it will take a while for them to get acclimated to the NBA.

Our perimeter defense is highly suspect to begin with, and there are lingering durability concerns with Kobe let alone Randle.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't think Kobe's enough, even if he were truly balling. We have so many young players on this squad that it will take a while for them to get acclimated to the NBA.

Our perimeter defense is highly suspect to begin with, and there are lingering durability concerns with Kobe let alone Randle.

I agree, people here are really taking this playoff thing a little too seriously. We're bound to really get disappointed if we keep believing that a bunch of rookies and some 2nd or 3rd tier vets are going to win anything. I said if we win 25-30 games that would be incredible. The west is loaded, every night these guys are going to face the best, and honestly it's going to be shocking to them. Even as it is staying close score wise will be tough, I see about 10 blowouts from the opposition in the first 20 games.
Love&Peace
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject:

If Kobe is putting 19 6 5 45% 32% we'll have a good shot. Doesnt mean we'll make it but thats good start.

Russell. Williams
Clarkson. JBrown
Kobe. Young
Randle. Bass
Hibbert. Black
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree, people here are really taking this playoff thing a little too seriously. We're bound to really get disappointed if we keep believing that a bunch of rookies and some 2nd or 3rd tier vets are going to win anything. I said if we win 25-30 games that would be incredible. The west is loaded, every night these guys are going to face the best, and honestly it's going to be shocking to them. Even as it is staying close score wise will be tough, I see about 10 blowouts from the opposition in the first 20 games.

Yup. Frankly, having the playoffs as a "realistic" goal will end in major disappointment. For me, it's about the full transition of this team from Kobe to the next generation. This is the passing of the Matrix of Leadership (word Transformers) and the development of the young bucks.

If DLO/Clarkson/Randle all have all-rookie level years, and show Kobe that they're ready to carry the Lakers banner, that's a good year, notwithstanding the record, which I think will be anywhere from 27-33 wins.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject:

He'll have to score at least 20/5/5 on a minimum of a 45% shooting and 35% from three for us to have a chance. Not only that, Kobe will have to be a vocal leader and have patience and not lash out at others. He needs to be their for the young players, which goes from Clarkson, Russell, and Clarkson to Jabari, Anthony Brown, Black, Nance, as well as the borderline guys such as Holmes and Upshaw if we have him.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Honestly I think after the top 6 teams in the west it is a bunch of young, untested question marks. There will most def probably be a surprise in the western conference this season.

I do agree with you though, playoffs is unrealistic. 35 games is probably the ceiling for this team, and that will not be good enough. I most def dont see Portland or Dallas making the playoffs this year though just imo?

Minnesota, Sacramento, Suns, Utah, LA, one of these teams may make it this season?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Teams I have above us:

Spurs, Clips, Rox, OKC, Warriors (top 5)

Pelicans, Grizz, PHX, Utah (fighting for 3 spots)

Kings, Lakers, Mavs, Minny, Nuggets round out the bottom.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Teams I have above us:

I think the kings will be fighting in the 3 spot...

Demarcus
Rondo
Rudy Gay

that team is dangerous
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Teams I have above us:

I think the kings will be fighting in the 3 spot...

Demarcus
Rondo
Rudy Gay

that team is dangerous

Maybe, but they are one of the most combustible teams in the NBA. Karl/Boogie should be an interesting drama line, particularly if Rondo sides with Boogie.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

For the 8th seed? Personnel wise another impact 3; an Ariza type that could push the needle.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

I think the young guys would have to go balls out on defense, kind of like the Jazz and Celtics did last season. I would guess we will make tons of mistakes on offense. Its pretty much a new team with like 4 rookies likely getting time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I think the young guys would have to go balls out on defense, kind of like the Jazz and Celtics did last season. I would guess we will make tons of mistakes on offense. Its pretty much a new team with like 4 rookies likely getting time.

The dynamics are a bit strange.

On one side you have Kobe trying to prove he's...Kobe.

Then you have the "new guys" vets (Lou, Hibbert, Bass) trying to fit in.

Then you have the "really new guys" in DLO/Randle/Nance/Brown/other rookies.

Then you have Clarkson, who was one of the lone positive products from last year.

Then you have the expendables (Kelly, Sacre, Swaggy) who are there because...they have a guaranteed contract.

Just not conducive IMO to a playoff run where they'd have to win around 45-47 games to hit the 8th seed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

It will take Kobe convincing some of his superstar friends to leave their teams and come here for nothing.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject:

It will take the speedy development of Kobe's teammates, for Kobe and the Lakers to get the 8th seed.

Kobe's impact on the court is not the mitigating factor.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Teams I have above us:

We're basically even with the Nuggets and far behind every other team in the west (talent wise).

Playoffs? Get real people. We'd be lucky to finish 13th in the West.
Purp&Gold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject:

He has to pass the ball.
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject:

It's not about Kobe. It's about defense.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Kobe has to take a step back and play the Pierce role. He wasn't good last year and is no longer the best or most efficient player on the team. Kobe should be playing off the ball more then ever this year with Clarkson and Russell playing PG. If we make the playoffs it will be because Clarkson led us there and Hibbert returns to his DPOY form.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject:

lots

- we need to keep healthy
-keep kobes minutes limited for a late push
-develop team chemistry quickly
-rookies go on a tear after the break
-no ISO ball
-Scott implements a system that caters to the players
-other teams at the bottom lose ground to to injury or lack of cohesion
-kobe improves his FG%
-Hibbert returns to DPO caliber

Too many ifs.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I think Kobe will have to stay healthy and take on a larger facilitating role to build confidence in our young guys (Randle, Clarkson, and Russell) and Hibbert.

Last season, the Pelicans were able to get the 8th seed mainly because of Anthony Davis who carried them there and played at an MVP type level.

Kobe can no longer be expected to play at that type of level anymore. It will require a total team effort in order to get the 8th seed.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

What was that thing Matthew McConaughey used to travel dimensions in Interstellar?
We need that to make the playoffs.
ainsley
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
What was that thing Matthew McConaughey used to travel dimensions in Interstellar?
We need that to make the playoffs.

The power of love?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject:

It'll take 06 Kobe. Period. We're not making the playoffs. Hopefully we can win 35 games and see fantastic play from our young guns
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: