The Beard gets $200 mill from adidas
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: The Beard gets $200 mill from adidas

Nike didn't match, so Harden has agreed to wear adidas shoes for the next 13 years.

Thoughts?
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Beard gets $200 mill from adidas

Wilt wrote:
Nike didn't match, so Harden has agreed to wear adidas shoes for the next 13 years.

Thoughts?

Harden is all about sloppy seconds.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject:

They've already come out with the name for Harden's footwear: The Flip Flop.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
They've already come out with the name for Harden's footwear: The Flip Flop.

Here's the shoe logo.

http://pre07.deviantart.net/a615/th/pre/i/2010/044/0/9/slippery_when_wet_by_chickenmeister.png
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Beard gets $200 mill from adidas

Wilt wrote:

Thoughts?

Nike dodged a bullet.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject:

good for Harden.
Nike lost Curry to Under Armour, now Harden goes to Adidas - top 2 players in MVP voting last year.
as long as they have Kobe, KD and Lebron, Nike is good.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The Beard gets $200 mill from adidas

jonnybravo wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Thoughts?

Nike dodged a bullet.

Agreed. That no defense playing flopper aint worth that kind of money!
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject:

I think Harden is a great player, however I think he lacks charisma. Charisma sells more than other attributes. He might not be the best player Adidas could of signed, however the best players are not always available.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Harden now reminds me of that dude Ricky from Ballers. And I hate both.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

He wouldn't shave the beard so Nike balked.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I wonder how much money Gillette would have to pay Harden to shave his beard and sign with their brand. Imagine the publicity that would get.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject:

Voices wrote:
I think Harden is a great player, however I think he lacks charisma. Charisma sells more than other attributes. He might not be the best player Adidas could of signed, however the best players are not always available.

I'm not sure charisma plays much part, since what we're being sold is a fake product in terms of personalities. Lebron has none, neither does Durant, Kobe has some but might only want to use it once a decade, and they're the 3 highest sellers.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
Voices wrote:

I'm not sure charisma plays much part, since what we're being sold is a fake product in terms of personalities. Lebron has none, neither does Durant, Kobe has some but might only want to use it once a decade, and they're the 3 highest sellers.

It doesn't per se but the player has to at least have a game that is palatable that they can piece together in a package.. I frequent a lot of team boards and I can't think of a player that has a game that's more loathed and reviled than this guy pretty much ever. Now that I got my bias out of the way ...here are some interesting numbers:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2015/03/18/lebron-james-is-nbas-top-shoe-salesman-with-340-million-for-nike-in-2014/

After LBJ/Durant/Kobe, it's a massive drop off to Rose at $30 M in sales. The next biggest Adidas baller is Wall at $8M in sales. I don't think this is going to work out for Adidas.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject:

His taco bell commercials are cringe worthy. And that was the "best take" too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject:

khloe kardashian surely does pick the winners doesn't she? took both championship rings from lamar got to meet the president. now attaching that fat ass of hers to harden beard
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
His taco bell commercials are cringe worthy. And that was the "best take" too.

footlocker was wise enough to limit his speaking more in their ads. Or have the joke be his attempt at singing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I wonder how much money Gillette would have to pay Harden to shave his beard and sign with their brand. Imagine the publicity that would get.

They could film a parody of Andrew Lincoln's shaving scene from The Walking Dead.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
khloe kardashian surely does pick the winners doesn't she? took both championship rings from lamar got to meet the president. now attaching that fat ass of hers to harden beard

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. It's only a matter of time before that family begins to crumble...and just about all of America will be there to cheer it on!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject:

Look at how big of an impact playing for the the "gateway to China" aka, Houston has on Dwight's shoe sales. $1.5M in sales. That's a cringe worthy number.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Nike wasn't wrong with Rose, not that they knew he would have all those injuries. But I don't think they're wrong here either. Ever since his vanishing act in the 2012 finals when he was the X-factor, the difference maker, I never believed in him afterwards. No defense, just hit or miss offense. Will be dominating offensively in the short term, and game will flame out early cause I don't see the Manu work ethic either to make use of that Euro Step for 14 years.

But I don't have a crystal ball.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Look at how big of an impact playing for the the "gateway to China" aka, Houston has on Dwight's shoe sales. $1.5M in sales. That's a cringe worthy number.

I 'd love to see a finally tally on how much $$ Dwight missed out on by leaving LA
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject:

If I was an up and coming NBA star, I would want to know who Harden's agent is. That's one helluva deal.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

I 'd love to see a finally tally on how much $$ Dwight missed out on by leaving LA

Dwight's image got annihilated in his exit from orlando, his endorsements dropped by 80% between his last orlando year and la year.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
If I was an up and coming NBA star, I would want to know who Harden's agent is. That's one helluva deal.

Rob Pelinka, which is also kobe's agent, lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
22 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Dwight's image got annihilated in his exit from orlando, his endorsements dropped by 80% between his last orlando year and la year.

But at least he was still an all star. He went from a starter to not even making the team. Ouch
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: