Lamar sitting out tomorrows game.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Lamar sitting out tomorrows game.

KA_2 wrote:
Did you forget the coach quit and the Lakers played a buzzsaw road schedule? Whoops, yeah, kind of important.

His absense won't hurt at all against the Bobcats.

I'm sorry, you can hate on LO all you want, but don't even try that argument. That Lakers were still a playoff taem last season until Odom got hurt and we wound up finishing the season something like 2-19 witout him. Before his injury we were still holding on to a playoff spot.
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/13780024.htm

Quote:
HURTING: Lakers forward Lamar Odom said Wednesday he expects to play tonight, despite spraining cartilage in his rib cage.

(there was more on the site, but mostly about the cats)
Nahtanoj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Lamar sitting out tomorrows game.

KobeButler wrote:

yes .

We lost to a more dismantled Blazers during that stretch. we got embarassed by the Warriors as they took a 40 point lead and everyone in the crowd chanting "kobe sux." Yea I didnt watch any games. :roll:

The team still had Kobe whos argubely the "best" player in the league. Your telling me we cant get more than 2 wins under those circumstance?

You guys are stupid if you think Odom has no impact to the team.

ditto
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject:

I don't even like the idea that some of us are quietly excited about an opposing player being injured, yet some of you dumb (bleep) are celebrating the injury of a Laker. I had no idea they let kindergartners use the internet.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject:

well...we've seen how the team has been struggling with LO for the past few weeks...let's see how we do without him...

I think Devean will get the start

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
I don't even like the idea that some of us are quietly excited about an opposing player being injured, yet some of you dumb (bleep) are celebrating the injury of a Laker. I had no idea they let kindergartners use the internet.
I agree, Exick...It's a sad day in Laker land, no doubt... some people are completely irrational.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: Lamar sitting out tomorrows game.

J.C. Smith wrote:
KA_2 wrote:
Did you forget the coach quit and the Lakers played a buzzsaw road schedule? Whoops, yeah, kind of important.

His absense won't hurt at all against the Bobcats.

I'm sorry, you can hate on LO all you want, but don't even try that argument. That Lakers were still a playoff taem last season until Odom got hurt and we wound up finishing the season something like 2-19 witout him. Before his injury we were still holding on to a playoff spot.
Yep
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject:

ToughKarl wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
One thing is for certain, the Lamar haters are completely illogical. On the one hand, they're crying that Kobe doesn't have enough help on the team to win games. And on the other, they're celebrating the loss of a Laker player who does contribute to a certain degree while Kobe is stuck with less help than before.

I believe that Lamar haters are close to overtaking the Kobe haters in idiotic thinking.

Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject:

The rebounding will suffer without him and you know the Bobcats shoot a lot of bricks...
Canuck
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject:

I hope DG starts!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
One thing is for certain, the Lamar haters are completely illogical. On the one hand, they're crying that Kobe doesn't have enough help on the team to win games. And on the other, they're celebrating the loss of a Laker player who does contribute to a certain degree while Kobe is stuck with less help than before.

I believe that Lamar haters are close to overtaking the Kobe haters in idiotic thinking.

Truly, some of the scariest hate I've seen in here since 2000...
How do you hate a player on your team like this? Scary...
Sometimes, you have to wonder why you keep company with "fellow Laker fans" or whatever the hell they are suppose to be. These people are so callused that they are actually glad that LO is hurt...

Go ahead ya'll... Be proud of yourselves. I'm certainly not...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject:

prisma8slg wrote:
well...we've seen how the team has been struggling with LO for the past few weeks...let's see how we do without him...

I think Devean will get the start

Last time I checked the Lakers were still flying above 500 so nope, more exaggeration...
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
ToughKarl wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

Truly, some of the scariest hate I've seen in here since 2000...
How do you hate a player on your team like this? Scary...
Sometimes, you have to wonder why you keep company with "fellow Laker fans" or whatever the hell they are suppose to be. These people are so callused that they are actually glad that LO is hurt...

Go ahead ya'll... Be proud of yourselves. I'm certainly not...

Yep, I agree. It's amazing what one bad loss can do to this place. Yikes!
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject:

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_3470143

Quote:
It would be the first game all season Odom has missed.

What Odom's absence would mean for the Lakers is unclear. Coach Phil Jackson could start either guard Sasha Vujacic or forward Devean George, with Kobe Bryant moving from the wing to Odom's spot in the backcourt if George is the choice.

PLEASE, PHIL, MOVE KOBE BACK TO THE BACKCOURT SO ODOM CAN MOVE BACK TO THE WING AND POST WHERE HE HAD SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!

UNFORTUNATELY, it may take Odom being hurt so Phil is forced to move Kobe back to the backcourt and Odom can move BACK to his natural position. This way Phil doesn't have to eat crow and admit he was wrong by moving Odom to the backcourt and leaving him standing around the 3-pt line.

Riley must really enjoy watching Phil struggle with Odom after all the success Riley had with Odom in the post at Miami. Let it go, Phil. LET IT GO!!!
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject:

STOP celebrating this BS

No player in the NBA can stop from getting injured.. some of you really need a reality check..

We already have a short roster and Odom is the main facilitator.. we cannot afford to be without him...

Whatever..
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject:

Any laker getting injured is a bad thing. Someone as "supposedly" irrelevant as say Profit was felt. Though just a role player at worst LO gives us minutes. Hopefully the guys step up most notably Mihm.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

I would start Vujacic and slide Kobe to 3.

An easy win just became tough
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_3470143

Quote:
It would be the first game all season Odom has missed.

What Odom's absence would mean for the Lakers is unclear. Coach Phil Jackson could start either guard Sasha Vujacic or forward Devean George, with Kobe Bryant moving from the wing to Odom's spot in the backcourt if George is the choice.

PLEASE, PHIL, MOVE KOBE BACK TO THE BACKCOURT SO ODOM CAN MOVE BACK TO THE WING AND POST WHERE HE HAD SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!

UNFORTUNATELY, it may take Odom being hurt so Phil is forced to move Kobe back to the backcourt and Odom can move BACK to his natural position. This way Phil doesn't have to eat crow and admit he was wrong by moving Odom to the backcourt and leaving him standing around the 3-pt line.

Riley must really enjoy watching Phil struggle with Odom after all the success Riley had with Odom in the post at Miami. Let it go, Phil. LET IT GO!!!
Yeah, right, lets put even MORE burden on Kobe. Move our best scorer OUT of the scoring position.

Just (bleep)ing BRILLIANT!
B-Scott
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

ppl underestimate Lamar's rebounding ability. A perfect example of what life would be like without Lamar if we traded him straight up for Artest and Croshere.

Jeff foster- 13 rebounds to Kwame's 4 rebounds

if we made the artest trade,we would have had to get Foster in return. Not croshere. Kwame can not be relied on to be a consistent rebounder.

Last game,Lamar had to guard Peja 30 feet from the basket,so we had to rely on kwame to be that primary rebounder. Results- Foster 13 boards Kwame 4 boards.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I expect Mihm to have at least 15 points and 12 boards.

I think Devean will start in Lamar's place. I guess it depends on the matchup though. Who plays the 3 for charlotte?
I believe that would be Jumaine Jones, or does JJ play the 4 with Bernard Robinson, at 3? Wait, the Charlotte Observer has JJ starting tonight @3.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
KobeButler -- ignorant statement. Did you not forget we won like 2 games last year with Odom injured? Im dissapointed in Odom as the next guy but him being out is gonna hurt.

Absolutely. If nothing else, we'll miss his defensive rebounding. Just the same, it might be good for Lamar to take a game or two off right now.

Quote:
J.C. Smith -- That Lakers were still a playoff taem last season until Odom got hurt

No, we weren't. He got hurt against the Pacers last year. After that game, we had lost four in a row and had dropped under .500. Given that our remaining schedule was brutal, we were most likely going to finish with around 38 wins even under a best-case scenario with Odom healthy.
El Ocho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

as bad as he has been playing this is going to hurt us alot. now they know FOR A FACT the ball is going to kobe. THE WHOLE GAME.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

On the bright side - Kobe could go for 55+ tonight ....

That should be fun to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
So you guys are saying you'd rather have DG starting? Or Luke?

Sure LO hasn't been playing well, but he's the only guy that even has a hope of stepping up to be a consistent #2 guy for the team this year.

Defensively George is miles ahead of Odom. Add in the fact that he plays good when he starts and I'm not worried.

Though what ever will we do without our great initiator :roll:
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: