2015 Fantasy Football thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: 2015 Fantasy Football thread

Got some pretty nice advice last year and was able to hear and share some war stories. Looking forward to a relatively stress free FF season, but I'm sure I'll have a heartbreaking last second loss or two this year, again.

I'm on my phone rt now, but I'll post up some of my predictions for players to look for and to avoid once I get on my laptop. Would be great to have some input from you FF heads as well.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject:

I'm playing probably 2 leagues this year, 12 team one with some guys from work, and probably an 8 team one with my friends.

Am known to most of my friends as someone who does well on the waiver wire

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 2015 Fantasy Football thread

PLATNUM wrote:
Got some pretty nice advice last year and was able to hear and share some war stories. Looking forward to a relatively stress free FF season, but I'm sure I'll have a heartbreaking last second loss or two this year, again.

I'm on my phone rt now, but I'll post up some of my predictions for players to look for and to avoid once I get on my laptop. Would be great to have some input from you FF heads as well.

I remember! We had a thing going back and forth about I can't remember who. Steve Smith maybe.

Anyway, in 4 leagues this year and hosting a live draft party at the house so pretty excited to get this going and waste my Sundays away watching Redzone!
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Leveon Bell is going to continue being a beast this year!

who would you guys take with the first pick? Rodgers is another one. Cant wait to start
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Leveon Bell is going to continue being a beast this year!

who would you guys take with the first pick? Rodgers is another one. Cant wait to start

Everyone still insists on using heir 1str round pick on a RB. But with the lack of durability, and other issues, I'm still not in favor of doing so. I preference taking a QB with my 1st Rounder, and a Top WR with my 2nd Rounder, and then when everyone else is going after a QB or WR with their 3rd Rounder, it's usually easy to pick up a decent RB, and I've experienced greater durability our of those mid-level RB's, and they ultimately end up providing me more points over the course of the season than most beyond the top 2 RB's. This strategy usually allows me to end up with 2 quality Top 10 producing QB's, a top 2 receiver, as well as a Top 15 receiver - and I pretty much always end up with a 2 Top 10 TE's as a result of everyone else needing to pickup QB's and WR's in the 5-9 round range. I just accept I'll not have a top 10, Running back, but end up with multiple Top 10 players at other positions as a result of not chasing that RB. By mid-season, it's management of the waiver wire that allows you to flourish or not anyway. My 2 cents on strategy.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

If you have an early selection, you should go RB. Otherwise, I'd go WR. I'm not a fan of drafting QBs early in today's game. Too many later round guys can produce, and I prefer to play matchups with QBs.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Geno is out for 6-10 weeks... there goes my fantasy team!
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Brandon Cooks ... 4th or 5th round.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I went WR heavy last year to start off and it sorta paid off for me. I think I snagged Leveon Bell in the 3rd round and whiffed big time when I gambled on Ray Rice in the 5th. The other 3 picks beforehand were all WR's. Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones and Antonio Brown.

I may try that same strategy THIS year as well. I am going to be in just 1 Money league this year and will most likely join 1 or 2 free leagues online somewhere just for the hell of it.

Haven't really done a lot of homework as of yet, but from what I have read/heard/seen so far...

I will wait to round 6 or so before going with anything other than a RB or WR. In the last 4-5 rounds once I've got most starters lined up, I will take some chances on players I think will breakout OR get some shine due to injury.

As far as WRs go, there are the usual suspects, but I like Golden Tate and Martavis Bryant in some of the later rounds. TY Hilton may be a top 5 WR this season. Mike Evans in Tampa may be top 10 if he and Winston click and the Raiders rookie Amari Cooper might put up some solid #s.

RBs, I'm positive there will be one or 2 major injuries to some top RBs early on. (as usual) I think Jeremy Hill (who I stole off waivers last season) is going to shine again. MIGHT handcuff Gio Bernard to him too. Latavius Murray (OAK) , Justin Forsett (BAL) , Tre Mason and Todd Gurley (StL) , Devonta Freeman (ATL) and Ameer Abdullah (DET) may all have some big games and provide some solid play this year. Some will need to move up the depth chart and are only worth a late round look or waiver pickup. Too early to tell on a lot of them though.

TEs - had some tough luck with this position last season. (as did most) I ran with Travis Kelce (KC) for the majority of the time and he was hit and miss. Some names to keep an eye on - Kyle Rudolph (MIN) , Tyler Eifert (CIN) , Zach Ertz (PHI) , COby Fleener (IND)

QBs - I think Aaron Rodgers is gonna have a monster season. As will Andrew Luck. Matt Ryan was solid for me last year, I may give him another run this season. Derek Carr and Joe Flacco may be worth a look in the later rounds.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject:

^ I went RB in the first last year, then WR back to back in second & third rounds.

I landed the 2 pick in a 12 man league, which also meant I got 23 & 26 in the snake style order. Got McCoy, Nelson & A. Brown, hit on the WRs, but McCoy sucked.

Someone above mentioned #1 overall pick, if it is you this year, Jamaal Charles should be considered strongly IMO.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject:

I think one's strategy needs to be fluid. No draft goes in order of ADP ranking. Someone always reaches, and there are always value selections available.

PLATNUM, it's fine to say you won't draft anything other than an RB/WR before round 6, but I think that could be a mistake depending on whether any players fall.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
I think one's strategy needs to be fluid. No draft goes in order of ADP ranking. Someone always reaches, and there are always value selections available.

PLATNUM, it's fine to say you won't draft anything other than an RB/WR before round 6, but I think that could be a mistake depending on whether any players fall.

Oh, most definitely, RF. I will keep my eyes open for that, always do. I'm not rigid when it comes to my strategy. Someone always throws a wrench in the gears and has me scrambling to readjust my game plan. That's part of the fun.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Log onto Pro Football Focus and spend the $29.99 for the fantasy gold package and $4.99/month for the advanced stats package. Great analytical analysis of fantasy, and some is tailored to PPR leagues and some to standard leagues.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Log onto Pro Football Focus and spend the $29.99 for the fantasy gold package and $4.99/month for the advanced stats package. Great analytical analysis of fantasy, and some is tailored to PPR leagues and some to standard leagues.

I haven't checked that out, but their site didn't load for me. Plus, there are a ton of free sources out there. My favorite?

FantasyPros.com for lineups/projections and RotoWorld.com for news.

What I generally like to do, is pull projections from a number of sources (FantasyPros.com, Rotoworld.com, ESPN, Yahoo, CBS, FFToolbox.com) when I'm faced with a tough decision and I can kind of see where the general consensus leans if I'm on a coin flip type of situation.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Anyone want to take the initiative to get a LG FF league going??
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

Completed my Live Draft yesterday. I ended up picking 9th out of 10. Last season I was 10th out of 10, so I guess I'm movin on up!!

First 10 picks : Bell / AJ Green / Peterson / Lynch / Charles / Doug Martin (?) / D. Murray / E. Lacy / Antonio Brown / CJ Anderson

My team :
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Jeremy Hill / Frank Gore / Chris Ivory / Isaiah Crowell / Gio Bernard
WR - A. Brown / Mike Evans / Jordan Matthews / Roddy White / Terrance Williams / John Brown
TE - Delanie Walker / Tyler Eifert
DEF - Rams

One guy drafted 2 kickers. One in the 6th round and one in the 11th?!
Someone also drafted Kelvin Benjamin and Kevin White before the 10th.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

In our league a rushing TD is 6 points while a passing or receiving TD is 3 points, so going RB and RB in the first two rounds is the smart thing to do.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

would you trade melvin gordon for jordan matthews? i have gordon..i want matthews..is that fair to the other person? if not, who should i throw in to sweeten the deal?

i got
QB: Cam
RB: AP, Forsett, Melvin Gordon, Tevin Coleman
WR: Odell, Amari Cooper, Nelson Agholor, Perriman, Allen Robinson, Martavis Bryant, Eddie Royal
TE: Zach Ertz
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
In our league a rushing TD is 6 points while a passing or receiving TD is 3 points, so going RB and RB in the first two rounds is the smart thing to do.

I get why QB TDs are worth less, but why receiving? Unless it's a 3 PPR league also.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
would you trade melvin gordon for jordan matthews? i have gordon..i want matthews..is that fair to the other person? if not, who should i throw in to sweeten the deal?

i got
WR: Odell, Amari Cooper, Nelson Agholor, Perriman, Allen Robinson, Martavis Bryant, Eddie Royal

You appear to have a solid WR core as is, with some potential breakout guys. Don't know how Gordon will play, so I say no to the trade.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Jordy Nelson out for the year with a torn ACL. Ouch. That sucks.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

i got

I'd be looking to upgrade at QB if I were you.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

i got

I'd be looking to upgrade at QB if I were you.

you think? with Kelvins injury, Cam will have less weapons, but idk I'm hoping he still puts up good numbers..would tannehill be an upgrade over him?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Jordy Nelson might be out for a pretty long time.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13495603/jordy-nelson-green-bay-packers-injures-knee-preseason-game
KobeJaws
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Anyone want to take the initiative to get a LG FF league going??

I am in if anyone decides to run an LG league.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24
Jump to: